PDA

View Full Version : Misc Radiology Techs?

Princess12
12-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Considering going into the medical field and getting a degree in Radiologic Technology. Is there anyone with this degree or any experience in the field? Of course all the colleges you look at that offer this degree program make it sound like the world's greatest, but I'm really looking for first hand experience. Job Outlook? Salary? Recommended schools?

4dmin
12-31-2008, 02:16 PM
from what i hear it is a pretty cake walk job but the salary isn't that great... if your got the time and can make it through the schooling i would suggest PA, Nurse Antithesis, Pharmacy school. You can make 100,000+k a year

b16EG-HaTcH
12-31-2008, 02:45 PM
it is a good job, nearly my whole family are rad. techs, im in school for it w/ only a year left. starting salary is around 30-40k a year What degree are you going for associates or BS ??my cousin is head of radiology at a hospital on this side of town and has been taking x-rays for over 20 yrs. its a good field too for expansion into diff. fields also known as modalities (sp) like CT scans, ultrasounds, sonography, radiation therapy and nuclear medicine (<-----they make the money) some of these require extra school but others u can do training for while ur attending school for radiography (x-rays). if i was unclear on anything or u have anymore questions feel free to ask and if i dont know theanswer i can ask

EDIT: just saw what ADMIN wrote and as far as the PA he is 100% correct. i would love to have that job. thinking about continuing school after my next year just for that.

Princess12
01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks for all the info guys! I really appreciate it!

(Reps to you both!)