PDA

View Full Version : B Series EJ Questions.

jmmx258
12-30-2008, 01:29 PM
As it stands my B20 88 Hatch is done and running, sort of. It runs but the body is still a far cry from being complete.

My g/f has a 94 Civic EX, with a D15b and the original z6 head on it.

What i've heard is that the B series axles that worked in my 90 CRX Si will go right in the stock EJ Spindles. The car came with a Z6 originally but blew up.

Also, I have an LS tranny, which is a cable speedometer. I was just going to run it as a cable clutch, but, can I pull the gear drive out of the trans housing, and replace it with and OBD1 VSS to run the electronic speedometer.

Thanks, and reps given for worthy answers. Please, if your the kid with the blue kitted eclipse, don't bother posting.

Barefoot
12-30-2008, 02:33 PM
as for as the axle thing goes thats correct. for the rest i dont know ive never had to do it or tried.

jmmx258
12-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Sweet thanks, Gotta spread before I can rep you again.

One more question, will a stock DA mount work on an EJ? I'm just going to run my cable trans as I said before. I put my friends turbo kit on his Z6 ej, and he hooked me up with the Ebay Hydro trans mount kit he had, as well as the shift linkage for it.

But, being as i do want to run my cable trans, I need to work something out for that mount.

Thanks

RBS
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
why not just get a hydro transmission and not guess about it all?

yunglaosta
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
why not just get a hydro transmission and not guess about it all?

x2 also i dont think da mounts will work on a ej...if ur replacing the motor mounts mine as well get some hasport mounts :goodjob:

jmmx258
01-01-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm trying not to replace the mounts. I've got a set of Egay mounts, that I'm just going to brace up.

I'll just cut up my trans mount and make it work.