PDA

View Full Version : If you DIDN'T have an nice Car...

Kevykev
12-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Would you have the same group of friends?

Would you have the same significant other?

Would you have the same lifestyle?

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car?

MAIN QUESTION:

If you didn't have your car, would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser?

Another one of "those" threads You know how I rollz :D

SicStang03
12-30-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't know about mah car but bitches love mah new haircut

Ed
12-30-2008, 08:02 AM

MAIN QUESTION:

If you didn't have your car, would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser?

No. I would be nicer, according to many.

My ego wouldn't be so high.

I don't think that's true though. I'm generally a nice person.

Sammich
your hair cut fuk it

the op fuk him

my car is hot

and so are my balls

when bishes hop on it

and teh answer to this thread is yes...my truck is no crowd pleaser, but just cuz i am who i am, and i make whatever i have desirable, i would/do have the same people around me...cuz ima nukka

ironchef
1. yes, I would imagine.
2. yes
3. yes
4. no
5. same respect

imbosile
12-30-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't consider my car that nice, so probably not.

Ran
12-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Would you have the same group of friends? YES (Most of them like me because I'm just wierd.)

Would you have the same significant other? YES (She hated the Yaris, but still loved me.)

Would you have the same lifestyle? YES (Aside from spending money on repair costs.)

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car? MAYBE (Not sure, the question is kind of vague.)

Would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser? PROBABLY A LESSER (People are shallow)

Sammich
12-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Would you have the same group of friends? YES

Would you have the same significant other? YES (She hated the Yaris, but still loved me.)

Would you have the same lifestyle? YES (Aside from spending money on repair costs)

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car? MAYBE when you had the yaris i thought you were a typical chink, now that you own the mustang, i think you are a mohawk wearing chink

Would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser? PROBABLY A LESSER (People are shallow) pedo is a pedo

I'm generally a nice person.

be real ed..be real

Kevykev
12-30-2008, 08:11 AM
sicstang - lol

Chef - Maybe if you owned that R8, things would be different :D

ed- lol

imbosile - it's all good though

sammich wtf :blah: 88% of your post was :screwy:

Would you have the same group of friends? YES

Would you have the same lifestyle? YES (Aside from spending money on repair costs.)

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car? MAYBE

Would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser? PROBABLY A LESSER (People are shallow)

Ran - Never anything to hide. :cheers: And hey the question was very general bottom line is your car would affect the way someone though of you.

ironchef
12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Chef - Maybe if you owned that R8, things would be different :D

Give me a couple years, we'll put that to the test.

Jimmy B
12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
no.... i have a tahoe... so, it dosent matter lol

Sammich
12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
sammich wtf :blah: 88% of your post was :screwy:

whats your equation for that percentage?

ATK_Designs
12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
-Yes, my friends don't value me by my cars

-Yes, my lady doesn't mind what car I drive.

-No, I wouldn't spend mad money on my car like I am now :lmfao:

-May be because they can see how much I spend on that thing.

MAIN QUESTION:

-Same respect either way. They don't care what car I have. My group of friends is very diverse. We don't care what others drive, we're just out there to have fun and watch other's back. :cheers:

But then again, I don't think my car is that nice. It's just a car after all ;)

Kevykev
12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
^ Cool, cool.

whats your equation for that percentage?

You = Sammich, Sammich = 88% WTF? If A = B and B = C then you = FAIL!!!

Killer
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
^ Cool, cool.

You = Sammich, Sammich = 88% WTF? If A = B and B = C then you = FAIL!!!

also if you = fail.... fail = sammich...........

that's just science...

Sammich
12-30-2008, 08:28 AM
YOUR SCIENCE

FUCK IT

KILLER = HITLER = RETARD WHO KILLS HIMSELF W/ OWN AMMO

HITLER..CHECK MY THREAD

Friggintitsman
12-30-2008, 08:38 AM
I will freeze my shit and fling at your car on the highway.

Elbow
12-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Who the fuck cares what people drive? Or who makes sure they have a nice car for other people to care for?

AnthonyF
12-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree with this thread you have created.

A lot of people get sucked up to or respected more if they have a nice car. Even if they know nothing about it. Some people will only approach you if they like your car. Pretty sad.

-Ant.

Friggintitsman
12-30-2008, 09:14 AM
This thread is based on the assumption that material and wealth = better person. Which if you have that state of mind you fail as a human and should be expunged.

umairejaz
12-30-2008, 09:17 AM
The OP's questions maybe shallow but are relevant to life.

tony
12-30-2008, 09:18 AM

MAIN QUESTION:

I can speak in past tense.

1. No, there are a lot of flakes I don't hear from since I sold mine.. just put your car up and tell your friends you sold it and see if they want to hang out any more. A few have stuck around.

2. Lifestyle changed, I got more serious about life rather than caught up in an image.. no regrets. The second time around I'll have a good balance as far as lifestyle goes.

3. I wouldn't know half the people I know on here had it not been for that. I did meet some very cool people just from hanging out (Halfbaked, chnco, many more I could name) and I appreciate that.

4. Respect for what you drive isn't respect, its infatuation. Respect doesn't just simply go away, infatuation comes and goes. Know who your real friends are and I'm sure you will be suprised on both ends, by those who are not and those who are.

Friggintitsman
12-30-2008, 09:28 AM
To answer the questions

For sure I don't roll with people that give a shit about my car.

Yes she loves my freaky sex and Wu Tang style

Yes my car is very low on my list of priorities.

I didn't really drive until I was 19 and people have always liked me just fine.

MAIN QUESTION:

Respect is earned through actions not material.

redrumracer
12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
id have to say it wouldnt matter

Kevykev
12-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Simont-Lots of people, sadly
Ant- Sad indeed
Frig- Expunged, wow LOl at the WuTang joint!
Umair- That's how it beeez!

I can speak in past tense.

1. No, there are a lot of flakes I don't hear from since I sold mine.. just put your car up and tell your friends you sold it and see if they want to hang out any more. A few have stuck around.

2. Lifestyle changed, I got more serious about life rather than caught up in an image.. no regrets. The second time around I'll have a good balance as far as lifestyle goes.

3. I wouldn't know half the people I know on here had it not been for that. I did meet some very cool people just from hanging out (Halfbaked, chnco, many more I could name) and I appreciate that.

4. Respect for what you drive isn't respect, its infatuation. Respect doesn't just simply go away, infatuation comes and goes. Know who your real friends are and I'm sure you will be suprised on both ends, by those who are not and those who are.

Thorough answer as expected, THOROUGH ;)

Me86Rob
12-30-2008, 10:32 AM
not with my Z. but my mustang was the reason my ex started talking to me. so, i think if i didnt have that car, id still be a virgin LOLOLOLOL

Ran
12-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Ran - Never anything to hide. :cheers: And hey the question was very general bottom line is your car would affect the way someone though of you.lol, what's there to hide? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that judge a person based on where they live or what they drive so it's hard to give a definite answer without going on a case-by-case basis. I could see a lot of people judging me on my car though. :cheers:

Friggintitsman
12-30-2008, 10:38 AM
people always judge me by the bulge in my crotch.

Ran
12-30-2008, 10:43 AM
people always judge me by the bulge in my crotch.A "people thinking 'little' of you" joke is too easy here. lol

stillaneon
12-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I dont have a nice car now so..........

AirMax95
12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Majority of my friends from college/HS are not interested in cars as much as I am. If I drove an 97 Buick they would still be around. I have had a few "cool" cars, and met many people because of them. WRXAtl was/is an awesome experience for me. My WRX is gone, but I still hangout with those guys.

I can agree with Tony, get serious about, or change your life, and people drop like flies.

Crazy Asian
12-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I have no idea. Im Crazy Asian you think what would happen

STRteg
12-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I dont think it would really change but im not sure and i dont really consider my car to be that nice its pretty common

BKgen®
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
LOL WUT

blaknoize
12-30-2008, 01:08 PM
All my friends are car illiterate and could and would care less. So... it wouldnt matter much.

Sport1.3
12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
AN CAR

Atlblkz06
12-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Most of my current friends knew me when I was pimping a ford Taurus (GL). So, I dont think I'm in any danger of losing my friends because of what I drive.

Majority of my friends from college/HS are not interested in cars as much as I am. If I drove an 97 Buick they would still be around. I have had a few "cool" cars, and met many people because of them. WRXAtl was/is an awesome experience for me. My WRX is gone, but I still hangout with those guys.

I can agree with Tony, get serious about, or change your life, and people drop like flies.

ash7
12-30-2008, 01:55 PM

doubt it, i met most of the friends i actually hang out with through cars... if i wasn't into cars, I'd definitely be spending a lot more time with the plane crowd at the airport which are usually older than i am; contrasted to myself being the "older" guy in the group of car guys. I'm not saying that the friends i have now are not good ones, i probably wouldn't have met many of them had it not been for me playing around with Hondas.

yes indeed :goodjob:

most of what i do aside from work would be different, aircraft portion wouldn't change though.

yes, they wouldn't ask me to fix theirs.

MAIN QUESTION:

I like to think they'd respect me the same, just see who i am in a different light. Instead of the "car and plane guy", I'd just be the aircraft guy.

-jonathan

-S Double C-
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
yeah might not have as many haters!!! LOL!!!

Julio
12-30-2008, 05:13 PM

I dont hang out with anyone from IA.. Or in the car shit.. I realized long agooooo - to keep Hobby as far away as possible from personal life.

Don't have one .. So this dont matter..

hnmm.. I dont have a nice car.. Even when I had a show car.. doesnt matter.
Still me.

I careless what people think..

MAIN QUESTION:

Once again, I careless what joe blow thinks.

Julio
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
I will say this though..

I get more looks in the vette then in the Yota.... a few years ago I would jump on that and take advantage of the situation.. But im pretty much over that.

osnap
12-30-2008, 05:16 PM
i really DONT have a nice car lol

osnap
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
im still a virginwe know, buddy. we know.

Kevykev
12-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Props to the people being straight up about their car "not being nice." Until Recently, I just kinda stopped driving my '96 Altima everyday. From '99 (12th grade) to 2008 you woulda caught me rollin' strong in that former show car :D Sure I could afford to buy an EVO or an M3 or wtf ever i wanted but I chose a different route nah mean? Still have the same friends, still have the same respect then some.

Once again, I careless what joe blow thinks.

As you get older that level of care lessens, that's what happened to me yo.

Good responses in this thread!

Ed
12-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Sure I could afford to buy an EVO or an M3 or wtf ever i wanted but I chose a different route nah mean? Still have the same friends, still have the same respect then some.

you should buy mine.

Kevykev
12-31-2008, 08:53 AM
you should buy mine.

Fkin capitalist! :lmfao:

Too late man- 5 months ago, I saw a car for sale, bought it wholesale...thought of reselling it (capitalist) then said fk no..this is a keeper. :cheers:

I'll bring b00st back into my life later on. :yes:

EJ25RUN
12-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Well the fact that i have an STI got me a job at a Subaru dealer back in the day. So in that situation, most definetly.

Friends wise, ive kept most of the same friends for years. I'm sure there are those that know me just for my car but i don't consider them friends.

On the other hand, a true car person does it for themselves. If people come around because of it, whatever.

Dirty Octopus™
12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes. My friends could care less about my car. just the groupies.

Yes. she could care less. she just wants me to be happy.

In a sense yes. but i wouldnt have to feel obligated to go to meets and other car related events. and i'll also have a lot of extra money to put into other hobbies.

naw. im a great mother fucker either way.

MAIN QUESTION:

i'm valued no matter what. as a matter of fact. the people ive met through the whole car thing QUICKLY realize there's more to me than this car thing and we become friends based off the other things we may have in common. cars rarely come up in conversation.

Kevykev
12-31-2008, 11:23 AM
MAIN QUESTION:

i'm valued no matter what. as a matter of fact. the people ive met through the whole car thing QUICKLY realize there's more to me than this car thing and we become friends based off the other things we may have in common. cars rarely come up in conversation.

STRONG ANSWER!!! with the exception of all the pink coloring....

hhmmm..?

"B"
12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Fuck all you people and your import/nice car lifestyle. I have a Nissan Pathfinder and I hate you all.

BTEC
12-31-2008, 07:14 PM
id still be pimp shit if i road marta bc im btec. i prolly wouldnt get the respect that i deserve (as if i do now) but im still a genius, gangstar, and a killer. i can be a nice guy when i want to but i dnt have a reason to be so fuc er-body.

87 Turbo II
01-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Would you have the same group of friends? yes

Would you have the same significant other?yes

Would you have the same lifestyle?no

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car? no

MAIN QUESTION:

People would probably like me more, a lot of my non-car friends hate it.

DVSRX-7
01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
why should it matter to me or anyone else what my car or their car looks like? what does that have to do with our personalities and attitudes?

people shouldnt be judged by what they drive, but on how they act around others

The Yousef
01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
it's kinda ghey and slightly sad but i have met all of my friends through IA over the years. that can be completely attributed to my old (modified) Prelude. if i didn't have a modified car, I would have never joined IA!

VooDooXII
01-02-2009, 03:27 AM
My core group of friends have known me before I've had a car, they know what I'm into, and I can't make friends with most of you Japanese Import because I don't know what you're talking about! :tongue1: I joke, but yea...I bet I'd have the same group of friends.

Wouldn't know. Don't have one...haven't had one.

My car shouldn't dictate my lifestyle. If I had a Pontiac GTO or something, I'd probably be more fuel conscious if anything, hahahaha.

I'd probably get less people asking, "Is that thing turbo'd?"

Guaranteed...I always get that question. I think people know that...they just don't know how else to start a conversation. That's about as much attention as my car gets though. Most people don't know what it is, so no big deal.

I think people have this sense of, "Oh he must really be different," when they see the car...yea, I like things to be a bit unconventional but I mean I'm still a fan of Nissan 240s, Infiniti G35s, BMWs, Corvettes, and other cars you see around this website. I guess I wouldn't be as instantly recognizable if I didn't have the SAAB. I don't a car should effect people's views on me as a person, however among enthusiasts, it's inevitable to happen.

scabtastic
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
nothing would change, i either met my friends through school or when i met my new friends i wasnt even driving a car ( i thought they looked better in the driveway)

Brick
01-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Would you have the same group of friends? Minus a few, most likely - only a few people I met through cars that I still hang out with.

Would you have the same significant other? Yeah, but she would be extremely unhappy. She's been with me 6 years, there's been a few months in that time where I had no fun car...and apparently I'm a very unpleasant person to be around when I don't have a car to play with.

Would you have the same lifestyle? I'd spend all my extra money on something else.

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car? If they would, they wouldn't be worth knowing.

MAIN QUESTION:

If you didn't have your car, would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser? Don't care nor know.

OnURleft
01-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd just have a badass E30 or E34 or what not instead of a newer nicer BMW

Tiff-O-Bitties
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I have a POS car and still have the same friends as I did when I had my other POS cars.. so...

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Would you have the same group of friends? Yes and no. Back in high school I changed my "friends" group to the people who liked cars. But I didn't own a sports car, and I didn't stop hanging out with other people. So I'd have the same friends, but I wouldn't know some of them as well as I do.

Would you have the same significant other? Probably not.

Would you have the same lifestyle? No. My life revolves around automotive related things, for better or worse. If I didn't own the car I do now, my last year would have been different with it not breaking, and spending the money/time on other stuff.

Would people think any differently of you, had you never owned that car? Probably. But I've learned it's alright to meet people because of your car, but it isn't good to talk to people only because of your car.

MAIN QUESTION:

If you didn't have your car, would people still think of you in the same respect or would it be lesser? I hope not. That doesn't sound like a productive friendship. Think more or less of a person because of what they do in their life. While some of that is expressed in their car/what they do to it/what they do with it, there is a lot more to a person. And you don't need friends on that shallow of a level.

Vteckidd
01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
i dont think ive ever owned a nice car ecept for the silvia, and it was an S13 at heart so it wasnt THAT nice.

I came up from street racing when i used to know alot of people, but since ive gotten out of cars and modding, i dont associate with alot of peeps anymore.

green91
01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
LOL i think if i didnt have my honda people would respect me more. Because i drive it alot, most people don't even know its not my only vehicle and assume im poor. But my real friends don't care what i drive anyway and usually respect it.

Kevykev
01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Superb answers in this thread!

VooDooXII
01-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't know...most of the people whom I've made friends with "through my car," I usually only hang out with them in "car-based" environments and events. There are some genuinely cool people I've met at such events that I'd definitely hang out with elsewhere, but those are the types of people with whom it wouldn't really matter what car I had.

0p7!mu5
01-05-2009, 12:53 AM
things wouldnt be any diffrent i still hang with the same people regardless. if anything there would be a lot less random stories because of the car but aside from that not much would change at all they were there before this addiction began