PDA

View Full Version : Santa Run Bullshit

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
So I paid for the santa run and was getting my car ready and practicing when my car started acting up. I found out that it was my transmission was acting up so I took it to nissan. They said that the transmission would have to be replaced. I sourced one online and shipping it from California to here would take about a week. It would come in the day of the santa run. So I called jason and informed him that I would not be able to make it and asked for a refund. This was on November 28th. He said sure and told me that he'd have the money after the event. I e-mailed him after the event with no reply, i thought...he may just be busy. On the 10th of December I recived an e-mail saying, "I'LL BE GETTING MY GATE CHECK THIS WEEK FROM THE TRACK. SO THEN I WILL GET YOR MONEY TO YOU." Those words exactly...in caps too. So i waited...thinking he would be busy. Called a week later and he said he was busy with his daughter and would call me when he paypaled me. Another week went by. I called him and was sending him e-mails checking up to see where my money was but there was no reply. He was out of the office most of the time when i called. I had a very hard time reaching him. I was getting tired of waiting so i sent him one last e-mail and phone call saying that i wanted the money by the 27th or i was going to file a paypal claim. Well, no money so i filed a claim. Here is what the conversations read:

Me:
I paid for the event, I was unable to make it and you said you would refund my money over two weeks ago but you have not contacted me. I have sent you numerous e-mails with no reply. I have given you a fair warning and now I must resort to this. Please get me my money. I am no longer putting up with this.

him:
IT SAYS IT PLAN AND CLEAR ON THE WEBSITE. THAT THERE IS NO REFUNDS. THIS IS A (TOYS FOR TOT) EVENT AND ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THEM. I SAID LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP BUT I CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING.

me:
In the e-mail you sent me you said, "I'LL BE GETTING MY GATE CHECK THIS WEEK FROM THE TRACK. SO THEN I WILL GET YOR MONEY TO YOU." This was sent on the 10th of December. It is now the 29th of December. You never said, "I'll see what i can do." I talked to you and you said that I will get a refund. Also, the money sent was for the track day. The TOYS we were to bring were for Toys for Tots. Since I did not run on the track the you should still have the money. And you just changed the Website, please don't play me for a fool. I informed you before the event happened that i was unable to participate. On the website it says, "time has passed for refunds" (even though i notified you before the event even happened and you put that up there). Please lets take this no further and just give me my money. I'm sorry it had to escalate to this.

I've been on the website plenty to get his phone number (i look it up on the website to call him) and i have never seen the TOO LATE FOR REFUNDS. Even so I told him before the event happened that i was not going to be able to do it.

I just want to know what you guys think of the situation.

CLIFFS:

I paid for santa run, but transmission crapped out on me
Jason said he'll refund me after event
he didnt, i waited till the 27th
Filed claim
now hes trying to get out of paying me by saying it was on the website when it wasnt.

im sorry for the rant...im just frustrated :(

Motivation
12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Well, just look at it this way. You gave money to a worthy cause.

quickdodge®
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM
THIS IS A (TOYS FOR TOT) EVENT

So the Santa Run was for just one "tot." Later, QD.

Halfwit
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
do somethin about it.

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 05:39 PM
The TOYS were for Toys for Tots

the money was for the track event which i never participated in

im sorry i had some misspellings and grammatical errors...im just so frustrated!!

quickdodge®
12-29-2008, 05:41 PM
do somethin about it.

Why the edit? Lolol. Later, QD.

stillaneon
12-29-2008, 05:42 PM
You have done all you can. If he doesn't pay, take him to court.

I don't know how much it cost but it might be more expensive to proceed legally

STRteg
12-29-2008, 05:42 PM
that sucks man hope you get it resolved

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Its only $75 but im broke after christmas and i need money. If i wasnt so broke id just let it go

Plus i gotta pay for school next semester and books :(

quickdodge®
12-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Its only $75 but im broke after christmas and i need money. If i wasnt so broke id just let it go

Plus i gotta pay for school next semester and books :(

If you knew you had Christmas and school and books coming up, why did you spend the money? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Later, QD.

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I spend the money back in November and thought that I'd have enough but i ran into transmission problems like i stated above and had to pay for that

im sorry i didnt make it clearer

stillaneon
12-29-2008, 05:47 PM
If you knew you had Christmas and school and books coming up, why did you spend the money? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Later, QD.

Good point. why gamble. If you had attended, you wouldnt have recovered the money

STRteg
12-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Good point. why gamble. If you had attended, you wouldnt have recovered the money

Regardless he didnt attend and hes still not getting any money that we know of:no: not good

Catnip
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM

On the other hand he wasn't taking the cost of a new transmission into account.

Halfwit
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Why the edit? Lolol. Later, QD.
i was lol'ing at the post above you, and didnt feel like going back and quoting it.

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I spend the money back in November and thought that I'd have enough but i ran into transmission problems like i stated above and had to pay for that

im sorry i didnt make it clearer

^^^^^^^^

i guess you guys didnt see that lol

Oz10
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I gotta agree with the OP on this one. You never expect mechanical problems with your car.

quickdodge®
12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
You never expect mechanical problems with your car.

That's why you save. You never know. Make sure you have that cushion. Especially knowing the holidays and school are coming up. I'm not knocking him in any sense. I agree that if he was told he'd get a refund, he damn sure should get it. And I've been in the same predicament for years...reckless with my money and spending it knowing I didn't have a back up plan. So I'm not trashing you, man. Just relaying experiences in the same genre as you go through.

Good luck. Later, QD.

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks QD...i should have watched my money a little closer but I thought I would have the $75 back before Christmas time. Even so i knew i shouldn't have spend so much over the holidays.

Oz10
12-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks QD...i should have watched my money a little closer but I thought I would have the $75 back before Christmas time. Even so i knew i shouldn't have spend so much over the holidays.

Don't feel bad man. I do the same thing. A while back I had a little extra spending money and bought some wheels for $750. I ended up eating ramen noodles for about a month after that. :no:

STRteg
12-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Don't feel bad man. I do the same thing. A while back I had a little extra spending money and bought some wheels for $750. I ended up eating ramen noodles for about a month after that. :no:

yeah happens to the best of us but you just gotta try and have money in a reserve ready for emergencies

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I have some money...but i dont think it will be enough for books lol

damn books are like $100 each!

Oz10
12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I have some money...but i dont think it will be enough for books lol

damn books are like $100 each!

I always try to buy them used when I can. Last year I waited a while to buy them and ended up not buying some of them because it was obvious I didn't need them. But sometimes you get those classes were they pull some bs and make you buy the book for some worksheet or something thats inside.

Elbow
12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
How were you practicing exactly?? That's all I want to know.

Seymour222
12-29-2008, 09:50 PM
How were you practicing exactly?? That's all I want to know.

LOLOL!

koolaidman
12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
eh..not really practicing but going on some twisty back roads to get a feel for the way my car handled and tested out the new brake pads i bought (which i had to sell).

umairejaz
12-29-2008, 10:56 PM
OP was offered a refund and there for is FULLY entitled to one.

I had a blast at the event and couldn't be happier with it, but the organization could have been a bit better. A lot of people had to pay an addition $5 entranced fee at the door because a list wasn't prepared to the gate keepers of who all had already prepaid for the track event. I haven’t spoken to single person who received that back.

The event was for charity but the money didn’t go to it, from what I understand only the toys did. Regardless, OP was offered a refund and should get it. End of thread.

OP, be prepared to not receive it but I believe to save face, the organizers should do what is right.

DunDunSkeert
12-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Thats messed up. Persistence pays off. I suggest keeping your argument to e-mail so you have everything that is stated on record. My I-pod was stolen from a hotel maid. I was in the room listening to music and the maid came, so I set my i-pod down and left the room, I came back after she was done and it was gone. I filed a police report and they did nothing. Talked to the manager and he said I lost it the police believed him because I was a kid. It took my mom 4 months emailing and calling the guy and threatening him but the money finally came.

So don't give up, don't back down.

4dmin
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
honestly i would of told you NO REFUNDS but since he stated he would give it to you he should stick to his word. this is why you should be weary of event promoters ;)

Schugg
12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
figured i would edit this, dont want anyone butt hurt, sounds shady....wonder how much of the total proceeds actually went to the cause

Elbow
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree I think ONLY the toys do...

Seymour222
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Maybe your tranny taking a crap on your chest was a blessing. What if you were out practicing on a public road, lost control and hit a tree, causing it to fall onto a powerline, then the powerline falls into a pool while someone is using propane to grill out with an already leaky valve, the electricity from the pool creates an arc, an explosion and shrapnel kills the griller while setting the picket fence on fire. The fire then travels to near by homes killing several families, that also use propane or natural gas to heat their homes causing a chain reaction of explosions. Or maybe, you just didn't die from hitting a tree. Ya never know.

Big Baller
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
What a bunch of whining bitchs.

civic95
12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
If you had a Honda you wouldn't have this problem.

koolaidman
01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
welp, the fucker never gave me my money and paypal wouldnt give me the money because that stupid bastard changed the god damn website to say no refunds right after i filed the paypal claim

i hate stupid shady people like this

BAD SS
01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Maybe your tranny taking a crap on your chest was a blessing. What if you were out practicing on a public road, lost control and hit a tree, causing it to fall onto a powerline, then the powerline falls into a pool while someone is using propane to grill out with an already leaky valve, the electricity from the pool creates an arc, an explosion and shrapnel kills the griller while setting the picket fence on fire. The fire then travels to near by homes killing several families, that also use propane or natural gas to heat their homes causing a chain reaction of explosions. Or maybe, you just didn't die from hitting a tree. Ya never know.

You're a very creative person. You know that?

koolaidman
01-10-2009, 05:22 PM

who said i was speeding? i wasnt speeding or driving out of my limits. I was just breaking in some brakes and fluids on my car. Driving around a stuff, but thats beside the point.