PDA

View Full Version : Misc playstation 4 info...

Schugg
12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
i just randomly decided to look and see what the net had to say about what a ps4 will have and when it should be out. i found this site, and i hope its inaccurate.....sure everything it says sounds cool i guess, but i think if thats what a ps4 will be then my ps3 will be the last system i own (along with the fact that what the site describes is going to be one expensive ass console) alot of it seems unnecessary and stupid for an at home console, hard drives from 250GB to 1TB are probably un-needed for game consoles too, virtual reality wouldnt be bad, if i went somewhere to play it, but dumb for when i want to sit and play a game. but here is the site, whats everyone else think?

http://www.edepot.com/playstation4.html

SPOOLIN
12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
someone needs to take the wii technology and take it to the VR level. Its coming, in the next 5 years i predict.

Vteckidd
12-28-2008, 12:04 PM
of course the hardrives will get bigger, they are going after home PCs. Eventually you will buy a Playstation and be able to do everything a PC can do. Thats what they want. BUt they are a ways away with the operating systems and plus you know Sony would never run anything having to do with windows or microsoft.

The big thing i heard was in the next 5-10 years, you will start to see Flatscreen TVs have integrated Hard drives and computer type capabilities. Basically imagine if your flatscreen came bundled with an internal PC.

Gateway was working on doing it, then the developer left and formed Vizio.

Its coming an soon

ubers2k
12-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Gotta be fake. They have barely scratched the surface on the ps3, plus HVD? Come on, when the hell did they start talking about holographic discs? Sony is pretty much on a 10 year plan, while Microsoft is on a 5. We won't see anything in regards to a ps4 until at least 2015.

Vteckidd
12-28-2008, 12:10 PM
i just randomly decided to look and see what the net had to say about what a ps4 will have and when it should be out. i found this site, and i hope its inaccurate.....sure everything it says sounds cool i guess, but i think if thats what a ps4 will be then my ps3 will be the last system i own (along with the fact that what the site describes is going to be one expensive ass console) alot of it seems unnecessary and stupid for an at home console, hard drives from 250GB to 1TB are probably un-needed for game consoles too, virtual reality wouldnt be bad, if i went somewhere to play it, but dumb for when i want to sit and play a game. but here is the site, whats everyone else think?

http://www.edepot.com/playstation4.html

i think its total bullshit on that site because sony would not be tryin to come out with a totally different video format after they just won the Blu Ray format war.

Expect PS4 more like in 2013 or 2014 IMO

Schugg
12-28-2008, 12:11 PM
someone needs to take the wii technology and take it to the VR level. Its coming, in the next 5 years i predict.

i think thats pretty much what the ps4 would be according to that site.

Schugg
12-28-2008, 12:13 PM
i think its total bullshit on that site because sony would not be tryin to come out with a totally different video format after they just won the Blu Ray format war.

Expect PS4 more like in 2013 or 2014 IMO

i can see the blue ray getting dropped cause it is pretty useless. whos going to spend money on a blue ray disc when you can just start downloading them into library on your harddrive. sure the whole downloading thing is just getting started but something like that is going to grow in use fast and no one will want blue ray anymore

Schugg
12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
of course the hardrives will get bigger, they are going after home PCs. Eventually you will buy a Playstation and be able to do everything a PC can do. Thats what they want. BUt they are a ways away with the operating systems and plus you know Sony would never run anything having to do with windows or microsoft.

The big thing i heard was in the next 5-10 years, you will start to see Flatscreen TVs have integrated Hard drives and computer type capabilities. Basically imagine if your flatscreen came bundled with an internal PC.

Gateway was working on doing it, then the developer left and formed Vizio.

Its coming an soon

i kinda seen that being the only reason for such big harddrives was for it to double as a completely useable computer. haha yeah i dont see them using anything microsoft either. would be kinda unexpected if xbox and ps3 just joined and made a mega console with all the ps3 vs. xbox wars

Vteckidd
12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
considering they are halting DVD in the next 12 months, people will have to switch

EJ25RUN
12-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Was plausible until i read a 2011 release date. That's not gonna happen.

Schugg
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
ive seen release dates from 2011-2014

Elbow
12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Everything in here is BS

EJ25RUN
12-28-2008, 02:31 PM
ive seen release dates from 2011-2014

Ps1 - release 1995
ps2 - release 2000
ps3 - release 2006

That averages to about 5-6 years between systems.

NewGen33
12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Looks like someones fantasy console to me. Software developers are still trying to reach the potential of the PS3. Also Blu Ray is still so new I don't think there that far in development for a new console. I don't have any problem believing the PS4 will be very similar to that setup though.

JITB
12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Nothing Sony claims to do in their pre release, ever comes true. So expect half of that to actually be on the finally Ps4. Sony has broken too many promises for me in the past.. nintendo/microsoft have the ball this round. i dont see what Sony can do to take the lead.

Schugg
12-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Nothing Sony claims to do in their pre release, ever comes true. So expect half of that to actually be on the finally Ps4. Sony has broken too many promises for me in the past.. nintendo/microsoft have the ball this round. i dont see what Sony can do to take the lead.

i dont really know what nintendo/or microsoft have that would give them an advantage if any on sony. as for them not meeting what their claims for a system will be never has really matter to me, cause i usually dont look into a system until after its out, so ide never know about it. except in this case, if they dont meet what that site claims, if its legit, i could care less cause thats more than i will ever want or need

tron
12-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Ps1 - release 1995
ps2 - release 2000
ps3 - release 2006

That averages to about 5-6 years between systems.

this man speaks the truth, but i think release dates will become farther apart as the tech gets more advanced
im thinking ps4 in 7-8 yrs

JITB
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
i dont really know what nintendo/or microsoft have that would give them an advantage if any on sony. as for them not meeting what their claims for a system will be never has really matter to me, cause i usually dont look into a system until after its out, so ide never know about it. except in this case, if they dont meet what that site claims, if its legit, i could care less cause thats more than i will ever want or need

Xbox to me has won this round, it has gotten 2 of Ps3's biggest games.. this round Final Fantasy/Tekken series. Xbox Live is still on top as far as online console gaming, even tho its not free.. But its 50$ a year 8 $ a month isnt alot to ask for.

Wii has the kid gamers on lock... and the DS beat up on the Psp last year...

The one thing sony has is the Blu-ray, player which cna justify the price...BUT, people are just starting to catcht he HD bug. Soo Blu ray isnt as much as a big deal yet.. but its getting there. Sony always has big dreams but never delivers to me..

Schugg
12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Xbox to me has won this round, it has gotten 2 of Ps3's biggest games.. this round Final Fantasy/Tekken series. Xbox Live is still on top as far as online console gaming, even tho its not free.. But its 50$ a year 8 $ a month isnt alot to ask for.

Wii has the kid gamers on lock... and the DS beat up on the Psp last year...

The one thing sony has is the Blu-ray, player which cna justify the price...BUT, people are just starting to catcht he HD bug. Soo Blu ray isnt as much as a big deal yet.. but its getting there. Sony always has big dreams but never delivers to me..

i dont play either of those, but either way you cant judge a console by its games, the console doesnt make them, the companies contracted under them do. ofcourse ps3 game makers are going to start moving to both xbox and ps3 when their contracts are up, xbox has a way larger number of customers ready to buy the games. they could care less whats better, its about whats going to make the the most money, and in this case thats the cheaper console with more owners.

JITB
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
i dont play either of those, but either way you cant judge a console by its games, the console doesnt make them, the companies contracted under them do. ofcourse ps3 game makers are going to start moving to both xbox and ps3 when their contracts are up, xbox has a way larger number of customers ready to buy the games. they could care less whats better, its about whats going to make the the most money, and in this case thats the cheaper console with more owners.

So it sounds like you agree? Cheaper console, that does the same thing, with a bigger community. :goodjob:

Schugg
12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
So it sounds like you agree? Cheaper console, that does the same thing, with a bigger community. :goodjob:

yes that its cheaper, and their is a bigger community. consoles will always do the same things, as far as they play games. just some will do it better, along with the extra's. aside from gaming, ps3 was made to be more ready for what the future is going to have(blue ray replacing dvd). not all people are going to spend the extra money on something now that will be more important to have later. i have a feeling as soon as dvd's are dropped and blue ray and downloads are whats left ps3 will start gaining again. when they both came out all people looked at was what it can do then, and the variety of games. obviously the xbox won there cause it had more games and could play dvds. but ps3's getting more games now, along with already supporting higher quality movies that xbox had to offer the upgrade for HD. not positive on what prices were but im guessing if you bought a 360 at release, then add the price of the external HD-DVD upgrade at release, and the amount you will spend over the years waiting for the next console, then buy a 60gb ps3 at release it would probably even out. ps3 offers more and makes the money up front, xbox makes you think your paying less, but by time a new consoles out you will have spent the same or more on upgrades and online trying to get what the ps3 already has. dont know if anyones like me, but i use my consoles til i get the next one. thats atleast 4 or 5 years, on xbox thats 200-250 dollars added onto the original price, along with whatever hd-dvd cost. but this is getting really long, guess im bored

Vteckidd
12-28-2008, 08:09 PM
XBOX still cant touch the PS3 in terms of graphics, if you think it can go play Prince of Persia or DeadSpace or Uncharted.

This is the year for PS3, they have ALOT of games slated to come out, we should start to see the gap widening as microsoft can only do so much to the xbox. If sony doesnt deliver this year, then they lost IMO.

The telling sign is going to be software at this point, and unless PS3 has games that are going to really destroy anything Xbox has, they wont fully win.

Xbox had it easier, they were out first by a year or more, they had exclusivity. Now, you have this sharing platforms stuff that is in Xboxs favor as more xboxs were sold. So they see the same or better in terms of sales as a PS3.

Games like Metal Gear were good but didnt make the PS3 a MUST HAVE. As long as xbox has solid games coming out, Sony isnt going to take control IMO.

but time will tell

The WIi is bullshit imo cause it costs HALF of what a PS3 costs, and 1/3 less than an XBOX. It just isnt fair to compare them to Xbox and PS3 IMO

gtrmonkey
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry guyes but I think that there is not going to be a another game system that soon.
Sony claim the Ps4 will be a major firmware update. Mircosoft is probably just going to release a blu-ray for the 360. Nintendo is the only one in 2011 that will reasle another system.

The reseason being is this, The only thing that holding back the consle right now is internet speed. When the price of internet speed go down then that when we will speed and another next consle. The reason being is because companys want to step away from disc and go to DC Downloads. Having no disc will emnate the cost for Drive development which will allow for a system to be able to be profitable. Also they will cut out the middle men for video game stores and such. They won't have to pay linsce fee for disc rights. IT will therefore cut down on piraticy. Everything is going internet base to maxise profit.

gtrmonkey
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry guyes but I think that there is not going to be a another game system that soon.
Sony claim the Ps4 will be a major firmware update. Mircosoft is probably just going to release a blu-ray for the 360. Nintendo is the only one in 2011 that will reasle another system.

The reseason being is this, The only thing that holding back the consle right now is internet speed. When the price of internet speed go down then that when we will speed and another next consle. The reason being is because companys want to step away from disc and go to DC Downloads. Having no disc will emnate the cost for Drive development which will allow for a system to be able to be profitable. Also they will cut out the middle men for video game stores and such. They won't have to pay linsce fee for disc rights. IT will therefore cut down on piraticy. Everything is going internet base to maxise profit.

VIP Style
01-03-2009, 07:15 PM
man i just feel like i got more for my money with my playstation 3. i have both xbox 360 and the ps3, but the ps3 is a better all around system to me. i just simply enjoy it better. the built in wifi works very well, one click and boom im on the net.
XBOX still cant touch the PS3 in terms of graphics, if you think it can go play Prince of Persia or DeadSpace or Uncharted.

This is the year for PS3, they have ALOT of games slated to come out, we should start to see the gap widening as microsoft can only do so much to the xbox. If sony doesnt deliver this year, then they lost IMO.

The telling sign is going to be software at this point, and unless PS3 has games that are going to really destroy anything Xbox has, they wont fully win.

Xbox had it easier, they were out first by a year or more, they had exclusivity. Now, you have this sharing platforms stuff that is in Xboxs favor as more xboxs were sold. So they see the same or better in terms of sales as a PS3.

Games like Metal Gear were good but didnt make the PS3 a MUST HAVE. As long as xbox has solid games coming out, Sony isnt going to take control IMO.

but time will tell

The WIi is bullshit imo cause it costs HALF of what a PS3 costs, and 1/3 less than an XBOX. It just isnt fair to compare them to Xbox and PS3 IMO

JITB
01-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Ps3 was crippled this time around with doing too much. It was just too much at once, half of the stuff on PS3 has nothing to do with gaming. Which keeps the price higher. And as far as quality of games, its honstly neck and neck. As long as ive been playin games.. there is a difference in some Ps3/360 games, but not as much to sway anyone to go buy one. Gameplay/Online Multiplayer/Community is what wins in console wars... like counterstrke/ halo/gears of war. they cant be beat

And the Wii is in a league of its own, not because of price because no other system can do what it does.. so its good where it is. Nintendo always has a trick up its sleeve.

VIP Style
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
i heard that the ps3 is outselling the 360 in the uk
Ps3 was crippled this time around with doing too much. It was just too much at once, half of the stuff on PS3 has nothing to do with gaming. Which keeps the price higher. And as far as quality of games, its honstly neck and neck. As long as ive been playin games.. there is a difference in some Ps3/360 games, but not as much to sway anyone to go buy one. Gameplay/Online Multiplayer/Community is what wins in console wars... like counterstrke/ halo/gears of war. they cant be beat

And the Wii is in a league of its own, not because of price because no other system can do what it does.. so its good where it is. Nintendo always has a trick up its sleeve.

josh green
01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
^^^^ The xbox is an American gamers console, no one plays it overseas.

TIGERJC
01-03-2009, 11:14 PM
The wii scored big with casual gamers and thats why it is leading the pack. It grab an untap market in the casual and older gamer. I bought my parents a wii and my grandparents got a wii last christmas, the games are simply and anybody can pick up the controller and have fun. I expect both sony and microsoft to go after these new gamers in their next systems release. I think sony knew from the start they wouldn't win the battle and knew they were going to have to take a loss on each system inorder to win the blue-ray and hd dvd battle. Which is their bigger prize. Past high price consoles never did well against a cheaper and still fun console. Just look at atari and Jaguar, those two systems were ahead of their time and were the systems for hardcore gamers, but cheaper consoles like the ninentdo and sega genesis and eventually ps1 were able to grasp more buyers as the system still did a lot but for a good entry level price into the gaming world.

It will be fun to see what everbody comes out with in their future console release

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
i can see the blue ray getting dropped cause it is pretty useless. whos going to spend money on a blue ray disc when you can just start downloading them into library on your harddrive. sure the whole downloading thing is just getting started but something like that is going to grow in use fast and no one will want blue ray anymore

I don't think blu ray will get dropped. Look at dvds they haven't got dropped yet and people are downloading tons of movies.. If anything blu ray will replace dvds and will become just as cheap. blu ray technology will not go away for a while. Also some people, like me, prefer to have their movies disc based versus in a library. I don't like the fact that I can't take a blu ray to my friends house to watch a movie. etc.. the list goes on

quickdodgeŽ
01-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't like the fact that I can't take a blu ray to my friends house to watch a movie. etc.. the list goes on

That's where a flash drive comes in, yes? Later, QD.

apex2305
01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
i use a portable hard drive on my 360, holds 500 gigs, and i can take all my blu ray rips, and movies, and whatever else anywhere i go. i just wish that the 360 was smart enough to stop using old file systems to read movies, i have to use macdrive on my portable hard drive just to get it to play big files, it would make alot of sense for them to focus more on downloads, cheaper production, less over head cost, i agree blu rays will last for awhile, but i really see a big push for downloaded movies soon, hell most of the movies i watch or have are downloaded now, i just buy the ones that i really want to have the box and dvd

Schugg
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM

from what i remember wii is 3 axis, ps3 controls are six axis, only difference in the system controllers is how they are layed out. ps3 controls can already do what wii does. its just not the conveinent shape and not many games are supporting it. i heard playstation is making a more wii like interactive control, and once that happens the ps3 will pretty much be a wii in itself. only thing left will be waiting for the games that use that type of gaming to come out.

Schugg
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't think blu ray will get dropped. Look at dvds they haven't got dropped yet and people are downloading tons of movies.. If anything blu ray will replace dvds and will become just as cheap. blu ray technology will not go away for a while. Also some people, like me, prefer to have their movies disc based versus in a library. I don't like the fact that I can't take a blu ray to my friends house to watch a movie. etc.. the list goes on

pretty much what qd said, except im sure if it comes down to downloading movies being big over buying dvds. they will have some new stuff to hold them that can conveinently be carried around and hook up to any tv's. i actually think there is already something like that with apple but im not sure.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
01-05-2009, 02:23 AM
That's where a flash drive comes in, yes? Later, QD.

You not gonna be able to just stick a flash drive into a tv.. Blu ray players are going to dominate the market just like dvd players so there will be tons of people that still want the disc. also not every household owns or desires to own a ps3/4 whatever

oh and blu ray movies are like 25gb or 15 gb so you are not just gonna be able to throw that on a flash drive. regardless of the size of the movie the time puting it on a flash drive will take a bit and its the whole "convenience factor"
1) you already have to download it then you have to go put if on a flash drive that will take even longer

apex2305
01-05-2009, 07:36 AM
You not gonna be able to just stick a flash drive into a tv.. Blu ray players are going to dominate the market just like dvd players so there will be tons of people that still want the disc. also not every household owns or desires to own a ps3/4 whatever

oh and blu ray movies are like 25gb or 15 gb so you are not just gonna be able to throw that on a flash drive. regardless of the size of the movie the time puting it on a flash drive will take a bit and its the whole "convenience factor"
1) you already have to download it then you have to go put if on a flash drive that will take even longer

Pretty much all the tv's coming out will have divx support or some sort of video support via usb, not to mention the now have solid state hard drives with flip out usb ports ranging anywhere from 64gb to 256gb, so im pretty sure its more feasible than you think, and with usb 3.0 coming out that whole putting a 4gb file on a drive might only take you a minute or so, but like i said i still dont see packaged media going anywhere...........i just see it slowing down

Schugg
01-07-2009, 09:36 AM
i looked into the thing i was talking about, and they already have external high defination media drives or something that you download all your media too and play on tv. its just like a external hard drive but has normal and high def tv outputs on it. and you can download it straight to the drive, over downloading and transfering