PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy a new PS3...

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Dammit, mine just fucking broke. Fuck shit ass at spending money. Oh well. At least now I'll have two sixaxis controllers instead of one. Fuck bitch damn motherfucking shit whore faggot motherfucker. Later, QD.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 10:16 AM
What happened to it? Did you break it, or did it just malfunction?

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 10:20 AM
What happened to it? Did you break it, or did it just malfunction?

I've had minimal problems with it ejecting and sometimes recognizing disks. That's very minimal times, though. This morning, it decided to do it again. I took my wife's game out and went to put mine in and it wouldn't read it. I got the disk out and cleaned it and put it back in and it still wouldn't read it. I went to eject it and it wouldn't. You could hear it ejecting only the disk wouldn't come out. Then I look in there and see a couple of the white-colored gears just sitting in there (fuck). I can do any and every thing else with the console (play downloaded games, get online anything NOT disk-related), but I want the whole damn thing working, lolol. Later, QD.

Elbow
12-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Give it to me

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah man, Current Gen consoles are fucking unreliable as hell.

Is it still under warranty? Check that before you go fork over another 300 bucks for a PS3.

even then I say build a PC, much more powerful, and would only cost you 200+ dollars for a bad ass PC. I like my PC games alot better than whats coming out for consoles.

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Give it to me

Only if you give me $150.

Is it still under warranty? Check that before you go fork over another 300 bucks for a PS3.

even then I say build a PC, much more powerful, and would only cost you 200+ dollars for a bad ass PC. I like my PC games alot better than whats coming out for consoles.

I don't know if it's still in warranty or not. I'm also not so patient in waiting, lolol. And I have a couple of gift cards that will offset the cost by more than a hundred dollars (now I know what the fuck I can buy at Target). Also, I'm not into PC games at all. I use the computer only for Net purposes only (a couple of message boards for my car and here). Later, QD.

SL65AMG
12-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah man, Current Gen consoles are fucking unreliable as hell.

200 dollars for a bad ass pc???? hell mine was over 500 JUST for the motherboard, CPU, and ram..... and that was a while ago. By todays standards its outdated hardware.

you need $2k to build a BAD ASS pc....

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 10:34 AM
What kind of games do you like? As far as I know the only big budget games on the PS3 that are not out for pc currently are Resistance 2, and MGS4.

I know you said you dont like using the PC for gaming, but if you have a flat screen, with a VGA or DVi port, you can plug the PC into it, and even use your PS3 controllers to play the game, not to mention being able to watching streaming shows and such on demand from websites like Hulu.com and Fancast.com.

The advantage of using the PC, would be much crisper graphics, faster operation, and much greater versatility. I mean yeah a few games are PS3 exclusive, but from what I read most of those games suck anyway.

oh not mention you can pirate games all day long, but I dont personally condone this.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 10:36 AM
200 dollars for a bad ass pc???? hell mine was over 500 JUST for the motherboard, CPU, and ram..... and that was a while ago. By todays standards its outdated hardware.

you need $2k to build a BAD ASS pc....

nah man, I meant 200+ on top of the 300 he will spend on a new PS3.

With the new Phenom II AMD chips coming out, you can easily build a badass rig for about 500 bucks, no counting the monitor, speakers, and input devices.

2k for a PC is overkill unless you take into account a huge freaking screen (TV/Monitor) and an insanely overpriced video card.

collins
12-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Q, you sound upset!

Got Milk?
12-27-2008, 10:39 AM
buy 360.

Double_0_Rusty
12-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Mike, if I had the extra dough. Id buy the old one.

Vteckidd
12-27-2008, 10:41 AM
yeah my roomates PS3 took a shit after he was updating to the newest software update from COD4. Now all it does is freeze when you try to play a game or watch a movie. it wont get past the PLAYSTATION 3 screen. Sony said they would fix it for $150 lol

so far i havent had any problems out of mine........knock on wood

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 10:42 AM
buy 360.

Shit no, lolol. Not even a consideration.

Profiteer, I'm also needing/wanting the Blu-Ray player. I only play some of the sports games on the system. I just don't want a PC for that. Nah mean. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Mike, if I had the extra dough. Id buy the old one.

Lolol. It's all good. But if I can, I'll sell the old one for whatever to help offset more cost.

One thing, though. Can I transfer the stuff on the old one to the new one? Like all the downloadable games and stuff? Later, QD.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Shit no, lolol. Not even a consideration.

Profiteer, I'm also needing/wanting the Blu-Ray player. I only play some of the sports games on the system. I just don't want a PC for that. Nah mean. Later, QD.

yeah I gotcha, but consider this. A PC can do everything and more that a PS3 can, including having a blue ray player.

If you play sports games though, a console might actually be the best way to go, since the sports genre isnt too big on the PC.

ISAtlanta300
12-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Lolol. It's all good. But if I can, I'll sell the old one for whatever to help offset more cost.

One thing, though. Can I transfer the stuff on the old one to the new one? Like all the downloadable games and stuff? Later, QD.

I believe you can back up all your game saves and data and put it on the new one.....

I would still send the old one in to be fixed. Looks like a disc drive issue and not hard drive related, so all they'd need to do is put in a new blu-ray drive. Then you can sell it as refurbished and still make some money off of it....

Tech5
12-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I will buy your broke one QD pm me with a price !

BKgen®
12-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Well damn, I just got a PS3 for Christmas...
How long have you had yours?

At least when my 360 broke, Microsoft fixed it for free :dunno:

Tech5
12-27-2008, 01:36 PM
either way QD I will buy it lol

gtrmonkey
12-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Qd you can backup your stuff connect an exteral hdd too your ps3 and it easy as copy and paste.

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone know how I can manually get a game out of the drive? Later, QD.

Atlblkz06
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM
If you're talking about a BD, I think the only way would be to open it up.

I've had this happen on a DVD drive before and I was able to get it out.

If you're talking about files on the HDD, you may be able to move files around on a computer - I haven't tried this though. Its worth a shot I think.

Let us know how it turns out.

quickdodge®
12-27-2008, 11:03 PM
I was able to get everything off the HDD. but I'm not going to worry about the disk as this may be sold and I don't want to mess it up. Later, QD.

TheGodfather
12-28-2008, 02:16 AM
Sorry to hear QD.

I had looked around for a while before getting my PS3 and wanted a 60GB for complete reverse compatibility. So after alot of searching for prices and what not, and reading. I found that refurbished products by Sony are even more tested and better prepared than brand new products.

So I ended up with a refurb and have not had a single problem, where as 2 friends brand new ones have had issues.

And for those saying ohh get a 360, pfffttt, the 360 had alot more widespread problems and bigger problems with every system than this kinda thing that happens with electronics.

Good luck QD.

FasTech
12-28-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm done with buying game consoles. My mom called me the other day and said my younger sisters had the 3 rings of death. I sold mine about 2 weeks ago and I will not buy another one until there super cheap...lol

"B"
12-28-2008, 08:23 AM
They are super cheap now.

eViLMunkey
12-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Check the fan, if it's not working you just need a new fan.

If the Blue light is not coming on when you insert a game your bluray drive went bad or the lens needs to be cleaned

JDMJAYDC2
12-31-2008, 02:16 PM
take it to gamestop and see if they can fix it for you if its not under warranty anymore i had to do that to my ps2 but i havent had any problems out of mine

amandDA
12-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Dammit, mine just fucking broke. Fuck shit ass at spending money. Oh well. At least now I'll have two sixaxis controllers instead of one. Fuck bitch damn motherfucking shit whore faggot motherfucker. Later, QD.

is that how you really feel? lol sucks, good luck...

4dmin
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
take it to gamestop trade it in and get a credit :D

eViLMunkey
12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Just do what I say and it'll be all good. . ^^refer to my last post and we can go from there, but if it is under warranty, which it should still be ship it off to SONY (well call them first to get all the details too)

quickdodge®
12-31-2008, 05:15 PM
I sold it the night I made this post and bought a new one. Later, QD.

Tech5
12-31-2008, 06:18 PM
dayum u

eViLMunkey
12-31-2008, 08:26 PM
I sold it the night I made this post and bought a new one. Later, QD.

oh ok.. that's cool. . :goodjob:

Black Mamba
01-05-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212414

:)

EDIT: Oh nvm. I just saw your post saying you bought one already.

OG-Skinny
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
dayum u

If you actually READ threads, you would of noticed he said $150 well before you asked him a price.