PDA

View Full Version : Misc Fat-Losing Pills.

ed_gm90
12-27-2008, 01:41 AM
FIrst off, i am in no way, "out of shape". I just want to shed some extra pounds off, mostly on the abs area. My question is, is anyone here taking any, and what are the results. I was thinking about using MuscleTech's "Hydroxycut-Hardcore". As of now im taking nothing else except MusccleTech "CellTech" (creatine) and GNC's whey protein when I feel i didnt get enough protein that day. BTW i lift weights 4 times a week for about 2 hours and run for 30minutes everyday.

Any help is good. Reps will be given to helpful info. :goodjob:

ed_gm90
12-27-2008, 06:03 PM
bump.

Benefit
12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
run more with weights

iEvo
12-27-2008, 06:18 PM
with ur protien, how many carbs per serving is it? if ur tryin to lose weight ur going to want something very very low like in the 4-6 range. and to be honest i dont like any of the "fat burning" things that r out there. they all basicly just make u hyper and want to do somthin. its like drinking 3 enery drinks and depending on what time u take them u wont sleep for shit. abs r the easiest thing to gain but also the eisest thing to lose. i would say just get a good diet plan and a good work out routien and see what happens

kar906
12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
try ali

Halfwit
12-27-2008, 09:17 PM
not to thread jack- but what is that stuff called, that you take it, and it makes your body not hold as much water? alot of bodybuilders use it cause it makes muscles show more. ??

Kyle
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I have the same issue. I'm starting to use meal replacement powder and a ridiculous diet, and I've already been eating well, that lost me some weight but not enough. We'll see, but let me know if you try any of those pills.

Also the problem with those pills is they don't have to be fda approved or anything, so you really need to know what you're taking.

iEvo
12-28-2008, 09:53 PM
not to thread jack- but what is that stuff called, that you take it, and it makes your body not hold as much water? alot of bodybuilders use it cause it makes muscles show more. ??

the only reason bodybuilders use thoes is right before a show just to make them look more cut

iEvo
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I have the same issue. I'm starting to use meal replacement powder and a ridiculous diet, and I've already been eating well, that lost me some weight but not enough. We'll see, but let me know if you try any of those pills.

Also the problem with those pills is they don't have to be fda approved or anything, so you really need to know what you're taking.

yea a ton of supplements arnt approved by the fda...its good to do your homework before u turn into a pill poppin animal

VickNotic
12-28-2008, 11:57 PM
some products writen in some language but was sampled by another friend and he says its feels like drugs, and it makes him loose his cravings for his appetite/lunch you name it, and he's a big boy and he didn't eat for bout 2-3 days and i tried it myself, and honestly it feels like meth! you dont crave for anything, i tried to eat my fav foods but cant even taste it no more, but wat i understand on the products it says h20 assuming it makes u get thirsty and which it did, and about @ the end of the 2-3rd day. i checked my weight and i lost bout 10-15lbs, my xperience with it was boost of hormones/no cravings for anything/dranked alot of water/ felt paranoid! plenty of energy! and alcohol boosts the feeling! 8D

rizzler
12-29-2008, 12:48 AM

potassium.

josh green
12-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I would advise AGAINST listening to someone that works @ GNC. All they are going to do is sell you their product thats 1/2 as good as another and more money. GNC also has the highest prices on supplements that I have seen.

§treet_§peed
12-29-2008, 03:44 PM
not to thread jack- but what is that stuff called, that you take it, and it makes your body not hold as much water? alot of bodybuilders use it cause it makes muscles show more. ??they are water pills, cuts the water retention in you body. another way is to drink more water. i know it sounds funny,but if you trick you body into thinking there is a surplus in water in will no store as much. i tried hydroxycut hardcore, but i had to stop due to having anxiety attacks. so just be safe man.

§treet_§peed
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
potassium.lol thats what you sweet mainly consist of. salty potassium with a little water.

§treet_§peed
12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Also the problem with those pills is they don't have to be fda approved or anything, so you really need to know what you're taking.as funny as it sounds, the more you eat the more fat you burn. if you stop eating, which is what most people and diets tell you to do, then your body will think there is a shortage of food and store as much as possible which is fat. the trick is eating healthy proportioned meals. at least 5 a day. see it is in grained in our chemistry to store food and water in our bodies. be cause a long time ago there used to time when food and water were scarse. so in turn our bodies adapted by storing it. now this sorta flip flops when you eat junk food, because anything with high amounts of sugar turns straight to fat regardless. just join a body building forum and read and google is the best advice i can give you.

Julio
12-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Watch what you eat.. change your eating habits.. I lost quite a few lbs already. From close to 260 To right under 230 now in like 4 or so month..

Alot of water.. Cut all SODA's out.. yeah, Diet soda to... Try not to eat before bed.

iEvo
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
as funny as it sounds, the more you eat the more fat you burn. if you stop eating, which is what most people and diets tell you to do, then your body will think there is a shortage of food and store as much as possible which is fat. the trick is eating healthy proportioned meals. at least 5 a day. see it is in grained in our chemistry to store food and water in our bodies. be cause a long time ago there used to time when food and water were scarse. so in turn our bodies adapted by storing it. now this sorta flip flops when you eat junk food, because anything with high amounts of sugar turns straight to fat regardless. just join a body building forum and read and google is the best advice i can give you.

thank you someone else agrees with me. everyone thinks that if they dont eat they will lose weight but thats not the case. ur just hurting ur body and its stupid:screwy:

§treet_§peed
12-30-2008, 09:10 PM
lol no problem. that is the key, eating as much but in healthier proportioned meals. any one that actual knows a little about fitness and/or body building would tell you that. THE DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART TO ANYTHING REGARDING FITNESS. But yeah, not eating will cause you to gain weight more than loosing it, to an extent. now if you go on the jew diet meaning, 1 peice of bread and a glass of water for break-fast, lunch, and dinner. then you will drop weight like crazy in a few months. but see, break-fast is the most important meal of the day. because you are breaking your fast.

yunglaosta
12-31-2008, 01:13 AM
High Intensity Interval Training...its da new most effective way of losing fat FAST

Halfwit
12-31-2008, 08:52 AM
the only reason bodybuilders use thoes is right before a show just to make them look more cut
what if i want to look more cut all the time?

§treet_§peed
12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
what if i want to look more cut all the time?drop your bf% down to below 9%

anothaRRR
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Watch what u eat, stay away from sugars and fat. Eat more often in smaller portions. Add cardio to your workout. Cardio and diet is the biggest factor in burning fat.

If you are really set on taking pills, ALRI makes real good " fat burning" pills. The venom hyperdrive are real good and only have to take two pills as oppose to others that 6-8 a day. They also have a stack that comes 4 different pills if u are serious about losing weight

4dmin
12-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Ali is FDA approved and is an OTC med you can take. I plan on going back on it the 1st of the year. I will get my wife to chime in on this since she is a Pharmacist but I would highly recommend you be careful taking anything someone tells you at GNC to take. Most of those products aren't FDA approved which means they haven't done studies to see what it does to the body.

§treet_§peed
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
^ good point. just be careful with any pills you take. do your research.

ed_gm90
12-31-2008, 09:07 PM
thanks for all the info guys, i guess i'll hold back on the pills and ust add more cardio and ab workouts to my routine. and i just stopped drinking soda about 2 weeks ago, im actually trying to stay away from sugar in all since the protein i take has about 20g of sugar.

iEvo
01-02-2009, 12:11 PM

good diet and more reps with less weight in the gym

yeaiwonder88
01-02-2009, 12:45 PM
try running...to lose on your abs..

§treet_§peed
01-02-2009, 02:21 PM
good diet and more reps with less weight in the gymyeah less calories and lighter weights with a ass load more reps promotes more lean muscle and a more cut look