PDA

View Full Version : 95 ford taurus transmission

stephen
12-26-2008, 09:44 PM
alright, so i have a little issue. i just replaced the tranny in a 95 ford taurus (axode tranny) and the pan keeps leaking. initially, the pan was pouring out fluid (i poured 2gal on the ground). i removed the pan, went ahead and replaced the filter and gasket...put it back together...and it stopped pouring, but now constantly drips. it's dripping between the pan/gasket/tranny. there's no hole or anything, it's just dripping. i checked all of the bolts, they're all tight. hopefully someone on here has ran into an issue like this.

silversol
12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
bent pan?

Tech5
12-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Cork gasket is your problem , or bent pan, or its coming from the rear main seal!

also I seen if they dont get clean perfect before installing new gasket it can cause it to leak

Barefoot
12-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Cork gasket is your problem , or bent pan, or its coming from the rear main seal!

also I seen if they dont get clean perfect before installing new gasket it can cause it to leakyup

stephen
12-27-2008, 01:08 AM
appeciate the tips. I think someone over tightened the pan & caused the edge to bend. it has a rubber gasket...not cork so i'm sure that's not the issue. i'm going to pull the pan from the old tranny & put it on the new(er) one & see if that helps.

I was hoping any of those weren't the problem. that pan is a pain in the ass to remove...no drain plug FTL! well...we'll see what happens tomorrow!

Init2winit
12-28-2008, 12:30 AM

also I seen if they dont get clean perfect before installing new gasket it can cause it to leakCork gaskets don't leak when installed properly. I'll use 10 corks before I use 1 rubber.

Init2winit
12-28-2008, 12:31 AM
appeciate the tips. I think someone over tightened the pan & caused the edge to bend. it has a rubber gasket...not cork so i'm sure that's not the issue. i'm going to pull the pan from the old tranny & put it on the new(er) one & see if that helps.

I was hoping any of those weren't the problem. that pan is a pain in the ass to remove...no drain plug FTL! well...we'll see what happens tomorrow!Throw the rubber gasket away. They will never seal. Get a duraprene pan gasket and don't over tighten it.