PDA

View Full Version : Idle and squeal

FlipKing
12-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Ok, There is a squeak in my 1995 Mazda Miata that happens when in reverse, or slowing down when in gear. The sound goes away when the clutch is engaged or the car is out of gear. The sound slows down with the RPMs. So far my guesses are a transmission mount or a loose pulley. All of my belts look good.

The car also bumps when the car is at idle like at a red light. Just a slight bump felt in the car with barely any change in RPMs. It happens every 30 secs or so, or sometimes every couple minutes. All my hoses look good, so I don’t think it is a vacuum though I could be wrong. Ideas or guesses?

Chosen One
12-27-2008, 02:39 AM
either, belt is to loose or to tight...spray tire shine on it.

secondly...sounds like a spark problem.

FlipKing
12-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Ight, me and a friend gonna trouble shoot it today. thanks for the suggestions

FlipKing
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
After a friend listened to it, the squeal location is the rear half of the car

Elbow
12-27-2008, 03:55 PM
I had a squeal in the rear of my car a while back, only in reverse, it went away though and never came back lol.

Motivation
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I had a squeal in the rear of my car a while back, only in reverse, it went away though and never came back lol.

That means whatever was making the squeal ended up falling off. lol

Five0z28
12-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Could be as simple as the brakes in the rear are in need of replacement. Motivations used to squeak/squeal in reverse when his dsm ran :doh: If you brakes are semi mettalic sometimes the metal pieces can hang out and scrape the rotor/drum...

Motivation
12-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Could be as simple as the brakes in the rear are in need of replacement. Motivations used to squeak/squeal in reverse when his dsm ran :doh: If you brakes are semi mettalic sometimes the metal pieces can hang out and scrape the rotor/drum...

The dsm still runs fool... It just won't go into gear. :(