PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Supercharger plumbing? Where to buy?

EvasiveEF9
12-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Thinking about charging the mustang.

Where the hell can I find the plumbing and stuff? All I'm seeing online is the blower alone, new or used, or full, complete kits. Does anyone offer plumbing alone, or the parts seperately so I can get picky and choosey? I've been hunting around online for the past couple hours and I can't find pieces...just full kits.

Anything helps.

Thanks in advance.

NevrNufTorq
12-26-2008, 08:55 PM
get the charger and mounting brackets and mainstream/turbodave can fab you up pipes to direct to tb or do you a frontmount :2cents:

EvasiveEF9
12-26-2008, 09:01 PM
get the charger and mounting brackets and mainstream/turbodave can fab you up pipes to direct to tb or do you a frontmount :2cents:
No shit, didn't know he did the plumbing. Thought it was purchased in kits. Hmm...

Wasn't so much looking at the front mounts, but I was looking at where to find the bracket/mount to mount it whether it be top-mounted or stand-alone. Just gotta find them...

Crosswyse
12-26-2008, 09:24 PM
We can also build you custom plumbing if needed

Kyle
Lethal Injection
770-343-9969

EvasiveEF9
12-26-2008, 09:39 PM
First I need to find a charger and mounting hardware (bracket, pulley's, and belt), then hunt down the right injectors/fuel pump. Shop X will then make the plumbing. Do I still need a stand alone FMU, or is that all taken care of by a shop?

I've always done all-motor honda builds. I'm learning about a new world, here...(yes, i skimmed through the FAQ in this section, but it covers turbos, and I know to a point turbos and superchargers are different, just the same concept. More air = more power in the motor) Trying to use my common sense from that section to differentiate between what's needed and what's not.

EvasiveEF9
12-28-2008, 12:42 AM
So I did some research. A guy has a vortech supercharger available for 400$ with about 8K on it, used for daily driving. The mounting hardware is another 140$ from vortech directly. The guy selling the SC is suggesting for my goal (450whp, give or take) that I shoot for no more with a stock motor. He also advises the 4.6 have 39lb injectors, and a fuel pump booster. He also advised the driveshaft be exchanged for a one piece (he has one that may work for me for 400$). He's also suggesting the blow-off, and the tune from a shop. Oh, and finally a MAF, and a cooler if I intend to ever bump my 450 number.

Does this all sound about right? I actually wanted to be shooting more for around 500 off of this SC, but seeing as I can't afford to build the motor (for now...) on top of the SC, I have to settle for one or the other.

Does this all sound about right? And I know the rates for tuning, but what about work, such as the plumbing that I'll still need? Looking to try to set my own little quote up for how much shop X would do the plumbing and install of all of this seeing as I'm currently in Cali with the Marines. Shortly after the work is done and paid, I'll be having the car shipped out here to me. :( I wanna see the work in progress, though, damnit...

Also, to both MS and LI, do ya'll have experience with american cars? I know ya'll do outstanding work with imports as I've seen your work at the track, but I've not seen much american work. Just curious.

Thanks to both of you! (And anyone else who may stumble in)

Atlblkz06
12-28-2008, 02:01 AM
I would suggest that you complete your research before you buy anything.

If you buy something half-assed you'll spend more money on stupid crap and in the end you wont be satisfied.

Come up with a long-term plan and put your money towards building your motor towards your master plan.

Along with more air, you also need fuel to make more power :cheers:

EvasiveEF9
12-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Well, I mean, I'm looking at this SC so hard because it seems like a really good deal, unless I'm mistaken? And I'd like begin the process of gathering parts to build. If I choose my blower first, I can build around in...which is how I feel that a power adder of forced induction should be set up. I honestly don't plan to exceed my 500hp simply for reliability issues. Now that I'm hearing that I can build a 450hp reliably without tearing apart the engine (which I don't want to do) I may find myself happy enough with a 450hp motor. 450 is exceptionally powerful for my experience behind a wheel, in my opinion.

And I know about the air/fuel mixture. But I just don't see a point in building a system that provides a ridiculous amount of fuel if I don't need it.

David88vert
12-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Expect to spend $3K-$5K to go boosted. There is a lot more to it than just bolting a headunit on. You will need to upgrade the fuel system, get an ems, possibley upgrade the cooling, etc. It adds up fast.

green91
12-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Ive bought mandrel bends from jcwhitney before.. also check these guys out

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/HONDA_TK/honda_tk.html

I have been told they are kteller's source :ninja:

ranger250x
12-29-2008, 12:18 AM
first off Semper Fidelis, Devil Dog!

have you thought about trying to do it yourself? Columbia River Mandrel Bending has pretty affordable quality tubing. Silicone coulpers, some t-clamps and a chop saw should be all you need to put together a intake system capable of handleing your needs. but if you want a garanteed setup go with a fab shop that has done it before like Lethal or Mainstream

EvasiveEF9
12-29-2008, 12:52 AM
first off Semper Fidelis, Devil Dog!

have you thought about trying to do it yourself? Columbia River Mandrel Bending has pretty affordable quality tubing. Silicone coulpers, some t-clamps and a chop saw should be all you need to put together a intake system capable of handleing your needs. but if you want a garanteed setup go with a fab shop that has done it before like Lethal or Mainstream
I may consider that. But either way, I'll probably need a tune. I was considering having the car taken to shop X right before an upcoming deployment. However, I don't have definite word that I'm going. If I catch word that it's going to be a little while, I'll probably ship the car out here and start the build. But I'd honestly prefer that if I can make it suitable for me to have have a main-line shop do the work and tune it at their shop (a shop I trust and know, and have seen their cars first hand) I'd be more comfortable. It just all kinda depends on when my deployment comes, and where I stand with money/how soon.

Oorah, devil.

David88vert
12-29-2008, 06:10 AM
...But either way, I'll probably need a tune...

Not probably - you will definitely need a good tune. You are adding a lot of extra air, and will need to add the fuel in the right places. I would suggest that you talk to Scott at Coupe Performance. Nice guy, small shop - but very fast cars, and reasonable rates. While he does a LOT of foxbodys, he is a very good fabricator, and has everything that he needs in-house.

http://www.coupeperformance.com/

EvasiveEF9
12-29-2008, 11:34 AM
By "probably need a tune" I was pretty much saying I'll be getting one cuz I have to, LoL.

I just wanna make sure it's someone that's familiar with the 4.6mod motors. I'll be checking him out for sure.