PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Lethal Injection Motorsports has in-house fabrication

Crosswyse
12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Just so everyone knows, because I've seen a lot of questions lately on which shops can make exhaust systems, or roll cages, or intercooler piping, and other stuff of that nature (ie fabrication).

I wanted to let everyone know that I work at Lethal Injection Motorsports now and that's what I do.

Here are some pics of stuff we do.

This is a top mount T2 exhaust manifold for an SR20DET made of Schedule 10 stainless steel.

In terms of manifold materials, stainless is the way to go for longevity and anti-corrosion

I hand build all my collectors which I can adapt to any flange size or manifold set up
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/ourmanifold2.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, this is Flip from 240atlanta's manifold for his s13 drift car
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/ourmanifold1.jpg

This is the stainless 3" exhaust system /w v-band clamps for the LS2 s14 we did a couple months back.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/ls2exhaust1.jpg
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/ls2exhaust2.jpg

This is Hamilton's 2003 Scion TC's engine bay. It's fully built and almost every bolt on component was fabricated to work with this gtk550 set up

here's the engine bay with the remote mount turbo set up
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/hamiltonsturbosetup.jpg

here's the larger capacity oil pan. definately a need for turbo TC's

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/hamiltonsoilpan1.jpg
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/hamiltonsoilpan2.jpg

here's the intercooler set up for the gt30/76r s2000 we're building
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/s2000021.jpg

here's the full custom stainless exhaust split into dual HKS Titanium tipped cans
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/s2000006.jpg

this is what the s2000 turbo hot side, exhaust manifold, down pipe, and screamer pipe look like after they got jett coated, which believe it or not is actually not that much more than using heat wrap and looks 100 times better
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/s2000pics001.jpg

and this is Z U L8R (Dave's) brother's intercooler piping for his FD RX7 I did recently
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/Z_U_L8R/newfmicpipingfront1.jpg

I can modify subframe's, core-supports, v-mount set ups, etc all way to fuel cells, custom hardware (like fittings), motor mounts, custom radiators and intercoolers, as well as modifyng stock peieces you already have for your custom set-up

I can also build D1/NHRA/SCCA legal Roll Cages for you drift, drag, or grip drivers.

Feel free to call and come by the shop anytime and talk with me more about what I can do for you

Thanks for looking

Kyle @ Lethal Injection Motorsports
770-343-9969 shop

205A Tidwell Drive
Alpharetta, GA 30004

mp5o
12-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Badass V-band exhaust on that 240...

Firefightin_tC
12-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Nice Turbo setup on the tC.

meengreenPGT
12-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Thats some nice work there. How much do yall charge an hour?

WhiteAccord
12-24-2008, 11:08 PM
/\/\ x2

Crosswyse
12-25-2008, 10:09 AM
shop rate is $100/hr
dyno is $75 for 3 pulls, $250 for SAFC tune, and $600 for PowerFC tune. We can also tune v8's, full standalones, etc.

GGPIS3
12-25-2008, 10:41 AM
are you a paid sponsor? if not, ibtl. i wasn't even allowed to post up a link to my business... lol

either way, thats some nice work you've done.

TIGERJC
12-25-2008, 12:01 PM
are you a paid sponsor? if not, ibtl. i wasn't even allowed to post up a link to my business... lol

either way, thats some nice work you've done.
Lethal injection is a paid sponsor

slowdsm
01-17-2009, 01:36 AM
dude. you should not post poor welding skill like that on here. that manifold probably works great but man is that thing ugly or what? heat wrap that thing so we don't see that over heated welds. i bet the slags inside the runners are rediculous. learn to take your foot off the pedal to modulate the head. you are not dynoing a car here. no need for full throttle. drew or derrick should fire you for posting the pics of the manifold. admin, please do this man a favor and delete the pics.

btw. if you want welding lessons, just pm me. i will be more than happy to give you lessons. we can trade off for some free dyno time if you feel guilty. exhaust system looks good. intercooler pipes can use some help. get a better saw to fabricate the parts will give you a cleaner weld. abrasive chop saw sucks. get a chop saw from evolution tool. it is call the evolution rage 2 and the cuts are fast and clean.

Jwall2323
01-17-2009, 06:50 AM
i think that stuff looks pretty nice!!

JBalla1036
01-17-2009, 09:15 AM
dude. you should not post poor welding skill like that on here. that manifold probably works great but man is that thing ugly or what? heat wrap that thing so we don't see that over heated welds. i bet the slags inside the runners are rediculous. learn to take your foot off the pedal to modulate the head. you are not dynoing a car here. no need for full throttle. drew or derrick should fire you for posting the pics of the manifold. admin, please do this man a favor and delete the pics.

btw. if you want welding lessons, just pm me. i will be more than happy to give you lessons. we can trade off for some free dyno time if you feel guilty. exhaust system looks good. intercooler pipes can use some help. get a better saw to fabricate the parts will give you a cleaner weld. abrasive chop saw sucks. get a chop saw from evolution tool. it is call the evolution rage 2 and the cuts are fast and clean.

yeah i thought I would call you, i just learned how to weld. Been mostly professionall soldering my whole life. Thought I would try fabrication. That first manifold was done with Cheap stainless for free for someone. Thought about making Aluminum exhaust manifolds, what do you think??

JBalla1036
01-17-2009, 09:16 AM

yeah i thought I would call you, i just learned how to weld. Been mostly professionally soldering my whole life. Thought I would try fabrication. That first manifold was done with Cheap stainless for free for someone. Thought about making Aluminum exhaust manifolds, what do you think??

BTEC
01-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Stuff looks nice man. Good work.

slowdsm
01-17-2009, 03:06 PM
nice! Chinabay turbo manifold looks nice than. It is not the material it is the welder that does not know how to control the hear with the tug torch. Go make another that looks nicer and replace the first pic with it. If you are going to advertise poor craftmanship like that only idiots will think it looks nice. Sorry for the tough love, but I don't want you to be like the morons on American idol that think they got skill.

Crosswyse
01-17-2009, 07:44 PM
why dont you stop by the shop sometime and show me how to weld, would love a lesson by the best. :D

slowdsm
01-17-2009, 10:47 PM
i am not the best but i did enough to say that what you did is good enough. i have around 100hrs with tig welding. i know you can be better if you can get some critical advices. you need to move alittle faster with the torch or modulate the pedal alittle to keep the weld from being too hot. if you overheat stainless steel, it will look black because it forms carbide precipitation. you need to back purge the pipe to prevent crusty bumps from forming inside the pipe when trying to have complete penetration with the weld.

try not to bevel the pipes too much because you will not be able to file in the groove formed by the bevels on the first pass.

on steel intercooler pipes, try to cut the pipe clean and just melt it together with the torch because it will be so much cleaner looking. use a circular movement with the torch. you have to use really skiny filler rods if you want to fill the gap.

get a gas len from the welding supply store. it has better gas shielding than a standard gas cup. it will make your weld looks cleaner. it is cheap too. around 3 bux. just break down your old torch and replace it with new gas len.

you work too far out for me to stop by. you guys need to move back to marietta. come by with a tank of argon, a box of krispy kreme donut, and i will give you a quick lesson. guarentee to be 10x better after one hour. if i come out there you have to ask drew to give me some dyno time.

go to ka24.org and check out the works done by other guys on there. some of them are amazing. it is in the welding section.

Crosswyse
01-18-2009, 08:34 AM
That was my first manifold from last year to test fitment with shitty Stainless. And yes, material quality makes a difference when you are welding any material especially stainless and Aluminum. I will post pics of the latest one when I am done. I wasnt using a lens, no back gas, and just trying to get the penetration to test the manifold. I shouldnt have posted those. On all my other manifolds i back gassed, using a lens, and have perfect fit up. However i do bevel all my joints on the runners to get full penetration. I would much rather have the full penetration and it not look as good then a "pretty" weld that doesnt hold up. You really should work on giving advice before being an asshhole. It will work out better for you in the end. Most of my work before i got to lethal was in aluminum and mild steel of which i have 1000's of hours. I did do stainless, just not too the production level that i do stuff now. If you want dyno time, then call derek and tell him your coming to the shop to make me better cause i am apparently not very good and you want dyno time for it.:goodjob:

slowdsm
01-18-2009, 02:37 PM
now I got your attention. It not call being a asshole. It is call keeping it real. You should know not to post pics like that and not expect someone to say something negative about it. Be glad that I am honest enough to give you an truthful opinion. You should post your latest work and delete the bad one. I am keep on seeing excuses from you about the bad stainless steel. Stop that mess please. You are representing your skill and it is not a good representation with the manifold. It took me 30 hrs to be near great. Please show us what 1000hr means. I am pretty giving with positive opinion too.

Btw, the oil pan can use some touch up too. It is easy to fix though. Go over it one more time so you can get that stacked coins look.

Juggernaut
01-18-2009, 04:49 PM
You two should have a weld-off. First to fab me a intake manifold wins!!

Z U L8R
01-18-2009, 05:29 PM
slowdsm can you post some pics of the manifolds you made?

you're entitled to your opinion but 100 hours at ANYTHING doesn't make you an expert. can you post pics of some of your own personal stuff to add credibility to your opinions?

thx

Dave

slowdsm
01-18-2009, 06:37 PM
You two should have a weld-off. First to fab me a intake manifold wins!!

funny. it cost about 300 to make it.

slowdsm
01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
slowdsm can you post some pics of the manifolds you made?

you're entitled to your opinion but 1000 hours at ANYTHING doesn't make you an expert. can you post pics of some of your own personal stuff to add credibility to your opinions?

thx

Dave

is this rb26 dave? i recently wraped my manifold so i can't take pics of it. i am making a manifold for my friend right now. i am only finished with the collector. i will post that. i will go to the basement and cut up some scraped schedule 10 ss pipes and weld them together to show you what it should look like. this stuff is easy to weld. i thought one of my friend how to weld this stuff ( schedule 10 ss) yesterday. after two hours, he did a pretty good job. my comments are harsh but it will make him a lot better.

SleepingTalon
01-18-2009, 07:15 PM
I can vouch for slowdsm's work. He's not some fuckin' newb, that's for sure. I was actually quite shocked when I saw his welding skills a few weeks ago, for the first time. Simply amazing work for someone who hasn't even had a welder for very long (a few months at best), and has VERY limited experience compared to others who do this shit everyday. His "hobby" work is better than what most people SELL as their trade!

Anyway, he's been there and done that more than 90% of the people on this board, and welding is only PART of his experience. Thoai is quite knowledgeable in pretty much anything FI related, and with motors in general.

Z U L8R
01-18-2009, 07:37 PM
is this rb26 dave? i recently wraped my manifold so i can't take pics of it. i am making a manifold for my friend right now. i am only finished with the collector. i will post that. i will go to the basement and cut up some scraped schedule 10 ss pipes and weld them together to show you what it should look like. this stuff is easy to weld. i thought one of my friend how to weld this stuff ( schedule 10 ss) yesterday. after two hours, he did a pretty good job. my comments are harsh but it will make him a lot better.

ur comments at first were antagonistic and typical importatlanta stuff i'd find in the whoreslounge. only later, did i denote a care from you to cultivate.

i've never seen this screen name so i'm like "who's this ugly orange s13, integra having import atlanta e-thug, and what can he do with a welder that he is so established, well known, and decorated in his quantum 100 hours of welding that he has credibility to give any criticism"

from what i first read you seemed like you had a motive for bashing the man that went beyond just offering some helpful constructive criticism.

who is this anyways?

LOL, is this twy (sp?) with the colt? if so, you still need to come by with the colt and tune it on a real dyno, cause i haven't seen any vids of that bish taking names :ninja:, and if you max out our dyno i'll tell derek not to charge you :D

Dave

slowdsm
01-18-2009, 10:52 PM
hi dave. yes it is me with the colt. you will need a turbo mustang to max out a dynojet.

i did this quickly to show that even poorly prep stainless steel can look decent. the collector looks nice because i took more time to make sure the beads are more even.

Crosswyse
01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
things are just no fun when you come off as an asshole vs. just giving constructive critiscism.

EmminoDaGreat
01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
damn right, slow dsm.. thing doesnt make any power!!!

-S Double C-
01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
shit looks good to me! how much power is that tc making that is rediculous id be stoked if that thing came up next to me on the highway and i done a pull against it and it walked me..lol

slowdsm
01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
down pipe looks good. i know those pipes can be tricky to weld because they are thin.

the pipes in the pic will work but for 1000hrs, you should be able to do better than that. please weld another one with a more evenly spaced bead and post it for use. try focusing on the weld puddle a little more. imagine shifting the puddle a 1/4 of the way forward and then feed it with the filler rod. have the filler rod about 1 cup distant from the weld puddle. this way you can feed the filler rod at the same time along the weld line. there is no shame in stopping and starting a new bead line. i know what i said pissed you off pretty bad which can make you loose your focus. just be cool.

consider my negative comments as mnemonics which will help you remember to be on top of your game. if you want to do works exlusive for riceboys, then it would be okay to stay at your level of welding skill. i know i can be a lot nicer, but that would not get your attention. you have the skill. you just need an asshole like me to bring it out.

Z U L8R
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
that down pipe really impressed me. it's for a mazdaspeed 3 that he just did a front mount set up on and all that. usually you get the 5 bolt flange with the 2.5 inch hole in the middle of it and weld a 3" pipe on the back of the flange or a 2.5 inch pipe and cone it up to a 3" exhaust, where as Kyle took the time to mold the 3" pipe to basically go around the perimeter of the 5 bolt hollow inside flange. in other words if you could bolt a pipe to a turbo using 5 bolts, that's how it is. to me that was just sick.

anywho, thx for the compliment on the scion. it's been a long time coming and hopefully that thing'll be done in the next week or two. it's lookin good.

take care

Dave

slowdsm
01-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Stop being so nice dave. It is guy like you that make me to be negative so we can balance out the force. Hahahaha.

The down pipe is nice. The x pipe exhaust system is nice and is my favorite. I think Kyle can be much better if he got people like me giving him honest and knowledgeable opinions. Unfortunately some guys on import Atlanta do not know what quality is.

Btw dave, did you guy check out the evolution rage 2 saw yet. It will cut fabrication time down a lot. It cuts so fast and clean so you don't have to waste time deburring the edges. It is way cheaper than a band saw. Cut way faster and longer than an abrasive chop saw. This is a must if you guy want to get serious about making parts.

Complication
01-19-2009, 11:57 PM
that down pipe really impressed me. it's for a mazdaspeed 3 that he just did a front mount set up on and all that. usually you get the 5 bolt flange with the 2.5 inch hole in the middle of it and weld a 3" pipe on the back of the flange or a 2.5 inch pipe and cone it up to a 3" exhaust, where as Kyle took the time to mold the 3" pipe to basically go around the perimeter of the 5 bolt hollow inside flange. in other words if you could bolt a pipe to a turbo using 5 bolts, that's how it is. to me that was just sick.

anywho, thx for the compliment on the scion. it's been a long time coming and hopefully that thing'll be done in the next week or two. it's lookin good.

take care

Dave

I agree, the Mazda Downpipe looks dope.
Kyle is one of the best I know, and has the opportunity to be one of the better Fabricators/Welders in the South. He's got the drive and the talent.

GO Team Lethal... :boobies: :yes:

oh, and that scion looks O.K. ... :ninja:

Crosswyse
01-20-2009, 08:40 AM
i have a nice chop saw now. Can i buy just the blades and use them on my saw. Also how long does a blade last since they are $50 a piece, and its not like a cold saw setup where there is coolant. I wanted to get a cold saw but dont have an extra $1K to drop on one. So if this works that would save me alot of money.

kyle

slowdsm
01-20-2009, 02:37 PM
they are good for 700-1000 cuts. I know the 14in blade will fit on a regular chop saw, but the evolution saw is special by itself. The motor turns slow which keep the blade and cutter material cool. I was thinking about getting just the blade and fitting on my abrasive chop saw. I think if you don't put to much pressure on the blade it should be fine. I will try it and let you know. This saw should help makes the collector so much easier. The cold saw is nice but a little messy for exhaust work.

Crosswyse
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
thats what i figured, its geared lower. Hmm, may have to try a blade, it wont be a cold saw but may work for what i need it. Lemme know if you try it,, will order one next week, have cages to finish this week.

slowdsm
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Keep the chop saw to bevel the pipe. I like to get a nice belt sander to keep the dust down.

Crosswyse
01-21-2009, 10:22 PM
i have a 4x36" one and its not big/powerful enough, save and get a heavy duty one. i wish i did, it helps so much on cleaning edges and you can lay them on there and plane them perfectly flat.

RandomGuy
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM
WTF?
rotary?

I thought Michael's FD had a 2J in it?

ps wazup dave, that supra i was sending over ended up makin 519 to the wheels @ mainstream

KevinT707
01-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks to be good work! :goodjob:

slowdsm
01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
if you cut alumnum pipe, just use a regular miter saw. It cut pretty clean. Abrasive chop saws are not useful for aluminum pipe. Jigsaw can be use on aluminum sheet metal with great result too.

Btw, what kind of welder are you using. If possible, get a watercooled torch because it is so much lighter which give you more control over the torch. I have a standard torch right now which is pretty heavy at time and want to tilt out off angle when I weld.

Skidtron_97
01-25-2009, 08:17 PM
How come yall told me $585 for 3 hours of tuning on my b16?

Crosswyse
01-25-2009, 11:09 PM
may have been if it had anything to do with Hondata. Who did you talk too.

Skidtron_97
01-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Don't know all I know is that I had hondata and they said around 600.

Crosswyse
01-25-2009, 11:44 PM
hmm, so where did you get 585? whats your setup?

Nick Jeezy
01-26-2009, 12:08 AM
wow. a weld off.

good idea. it would be cool.

anywho his cages look sick. cant wait till mines done!

Complication
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
wow. a weld off.

good idea. it would be cool.

anywho his cages look sick. cant wait till mines done!

2x :taun:

lol

Skidtron_97
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
b16a2 stock internals, S200B Hondata. Zeitronix Wideband/datalogger. Inlinepro turbo kit.

Z U L8R
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
sounds about right skid, it's a flat rate of $600 for a stand alone tune, whether it's power fc, hondata, haltec, microtec, split second, factory gm computer, etc etc etc

safc tune is typically 200-250

sorry if that was more than you wanted to spend, but that's what it is.

take it ez
Dave

scttydb411
01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
sounds about right skid, it's a flat rate of $600 for a stand alone tune, whether it's power fc, hondata, haltec, microtec, split second, factory gm computer, etc etc etc

safc tune is typically 200-250

sorry if that was more than you wanted to spend, but that's what it is.

take it ez
Dave

making cheese...gotta raise my prices.

slowdsm
02-04-2009, 08:32 PM
just graduate another friend from tig welding school. this guy is a natural. the guy has great control of the pedal after 10 minutes. he welded two schedule 10 pipes together with ease after 10 minutes. wow!

btw. i love tig welder. your decent tig weld is better than your best mig weld. mig weld is faster though.