PDA

View Full Version : DSM clutch kit*great deal inside*

CHADbee
12-22-2008, 05:41 PM
sold sold sold sold

this is a BARELY used clutch kit for a 6 or 7 bolt, fwd or awd DSM. its in great shape and still got TONS of life in it. was taken out of the car cause the owner of the car is a pussy and couldnt handle the competition clutch stage 4-ness :gay:

comes with a brand new bearing kit.

b19wheels
12-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Great deal Chad! I have the same clutch in my Galant,holds great power and i also not bad for a dd car!!

Motivation
12-24-2008, 02:10 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IIIIIIITTT

I just bought a competition clutch kit for 325 on Friday... I would have loved to have jump on this deal!!!!

IggyBcool
12-25-2008, 01:13 AM
What size pressure plate is it closely related to?

CHADbee
12-25-2008, 11:05 AM
i dont understand the question.....

Motivation
12-25-2008, 07:52 PM

I believe it would fit your gst. If that is what you meant.

CHADbee
12-25-2008, 09:29 PM
yeah, IggyBcool, if you are asking id it will work in your GS-T the answer is yes. i can ship it up to TN for you if want it.

b19wheels
12-26-2008, 12:16 AM
I think hes asking what hp/trq is it rated for and or what other company clutch is the same in comparison!!

CHADbee
12-29-2008, 12:11 AM
I think hes asking what hp/trq is it rated for and or what other company clutch is the same in comparison!!
clutch should do fine at 400wtq but its for a DSM so the car would most likely break before you got to that amount of power anyways

har har har i got jokes :lmfao:

DWs97GST
12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I think the guy was asking how heavy the clutch pressure plate pressure was...

BTW not all of us can wreck a car before it get to old to break. :)

CHADbee
12-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I think the guy was asking how heavy the clutch pressure plate pressure was...

BTW not all of us can wreck a car before it get to old to break. :)
its a 2700lbs pressure plate.

and not all of us can be :gay: enough to drive fwd convertible dsm's with chrome rims and peanut butta interior

like i said, jokes, dont take it personally ;)

DWs97GST
12-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Actually I drive a black awd Talon with grey interior. I just never edited my myspace from the old car I had.

I was just joking with you too but my mistake if someone jokes back that must mean they are serous.

CHADbee
12-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Actually I drive a black awd Talon with grey interior. I just never edited my myspace from the old car I had.

I was just joking with you too but my mistake if someone jokes back that must mean they are serous.
good move.

nah i was playing, do you not remember me? we meet at koren mart in Gnett. you were with your boy in the orange neon....

DWs97GST
12-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Yea I remember you thats why I was joking around. Someone linked this from the gadsm forum.

Its been awhile.

CHADbee
12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Yea I remember you thats why I was joking around. Someone linked this from the gadsm forum.

Its been awhile.
that forum still lives? i went to go post this on there but i havent gotten on in so long i dont know my password :(

koi
12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
its a 2700lbs pressure plate.

and not all of us can be :gay: enough to drive fwd convertible dsm's with chrome rims and peanut butta interior

like i said, jokes, dont take it personally ;)

Oh snap! Good thing my convertible dsm isn't fwd or peanut butter colored. :boxing:

But this does seem like a good deal. Shocked no one has picked it up yet.

Motivation
12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
clutch should do fine at 400wtq but its for a DSM so the car would most likely break before you got to that amount of power anyways

har har har i got jokes :lmfao:

:cry:

*looks at dsm sitting in the garage broke*

It's so true...

scabtastic
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
PM'd

Motivation
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Remember, when you use a Competion Clutch, you need to get a longer rod for your slave cylinder... I just learned that and they believe that is why my clutch won't disengage after I installed it... Just an FYI for whoever buys this.

Awesome deal.

b19wheels
01-04-2009, 06:17 PM
:cry:

*looks at dsm sitting in the garage broke*

It's so true...

Well kinda its a DSM but the same rules apply,lol
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/b19wheels/IMAGE_044.jpg
<thread jack>lol

CHADbee
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
for the record i <3 DSM's

i dont know why this isnt sold....

CHADbee
01-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Remember, when you use a Competion Clutch, you need to get a longer rod for your slave cylinder... I just learned that and they believe that is why my clutch won't disengage after I installed it... Just an FYI for whoever buys this.

Awesome deal.
i didnt want to open my mouth before i knew what i was talking about LOL

i just got off the phone with the owner of comp clutch and he said a longer rod for the slave will cause damage. you need to make sure your shift fork is not bent and the have the pivot ball shimmed 40 thousandths. the best way to make sure everything will go smooth is go ahead and install a new shiftfork and pivot ball while your at it.

highspeed
01-06-2009, 02:11 PM

i just got off the phone with the owner of comp clutch and he said a longer rod for the slave will cause damage. you need to make sure your shift fork is not bent and the have the pivot ball shimmed 40 thousandths. the best way to make sure everything will go smooth is go ahead and install a new shiftfork and pivot ball while your at it.

correct me if I am wrong but doesn't comp clutch have a billet shift fork available:goodjob:

CHADbee
01-06-2009, 04:25 PM
correct me if I am wrong but doesn't comp clutch have a billet shift fork available:goodjob:
you are correct. so many DSM guys have had issues with bent shift forks CC made those as an option to buy with this clutch kit.

CHADbee
01-06-2009, 09:07 PM
sold

DWs97GST
01-14-2009, 10:51 PM
you are correct. so many DSM guys have had issues with bent shift forks CC made those as an option to buy with this clutch kit.

Actually our shift forks are made of cast iron. Cast iron doesn't bend it breaks. We have a problem with the pedal assembly and piviot ball wearing out.

Btw I new this thing would sell. I was going to tell a buddy about it if it wasn't gone.

Also you are correct the longer rod is a ghetto way of fixing the problem and will eventually fail.

Motivation
01-17-2009, 09:24 PM

Thanks bro. I was going by what I was told. I shimmed the pivot ball and it fixed it... It only took a month. lol. :(

But anyways, REPS for being a good seller. "scabtastic" said he also got a good deal from you. I'll know where to go next time I need one. :goodjob: