PDA

View Full Version : need help with autotrader

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
hey yall, well im thinking about buying a car from trader online, but im kinda fishy about it because one guy is over seas but the cars over here and the other car that im looking at is over here aslong with the person. they both want to do the transaction but have autotrader.com as a 3rd party to hold the money till i get the car. and the guy from overseas says that his car is in the "autotrader warehouse" for sale. is there such things as autotrader being third partys in a transaction? anyone got any feedback or done this before? Just let me know what you think.

Thanks for your help,
Rick

JoeCoolinATL
09-13-2005, 09:17 PM
all the over seas things are scams
as are all the money order things.

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 09:26 PM
yea but the car is here, and wants to have a thrid party hold the money till i get the car. do you think thats bullshit and that autotrader doesnt even do that? and also the other guy lives here in the US but wants to have a 3rd party too???

kilpatty43
09-13-2005, 09:28 PM
sounds like a scam to me...id check into it with autotrader

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
i was gonna call auto trader tomarrow and see if they do anything like that. but the cars kinda sound fishy to me too... one is a 1995 supra for 10,900 and the other is a 94' supra for 5600 and that guy actually lives here?

Jordan_W
09-13-2005, 09:35 PM
DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!!!1 omfg, I was in the EXACT same situation about 6 months ago, I found two supras and I emailed these guys they told me they had connections with the shipping industry and that they could ship it for low low cost!, and I also found out that both ppl were from ITALY...overall I found about 5 supras on the net being sold from ITALY all at unbelieveably low prices....dude its a scam don't fall for it. I know it's tempting though.

JoeCoolinATL
09-13-2005, 09:50 PM
yea but the car is here, and wants to have a thrid party hold the money till i get the car. do you think thats bullshit and that autotrader doesnt even do that? and also the other guy lives here in the US but wants to have a 3rd party too???

there is no such thing as the autotrader warehouse
all those things are scams man.
autotrader is an office suite over near northside hospital theres no warehouse or antyhing i have friends who work there. there are scams like this everyday.

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 10:07 PM
hey this is the car that im looking at buying... has anyone seen this on a site or something?

HyPer50
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Wow come on Rick.... dont be dumb. If it sounds too good to be true or just sounds fishy, say fuck it. It's a Supra... plenty of them around, just find one without all the doubts.

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 10:09 PM
yea i kow, but look at the picture... how much would one of these run? i know alittle bit bout cars but i dont wanna get screwd

HyPer50
09-13-2005, 10:15 PM
I'd say more than 10k, but i dont know shit about supra's so..... guess my opinion doesn't hold much weight.

JoeCoolinATL
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
dude. any supra is gonna be at least 20K for a nice one. its a scammmmmmmmmmm
ive seen a guy named kirk from tampas supra for sale on autotrader at least 5 times in the past 3 years for sale in atlanta yet hes never put the car for sale. this happens 100000000000x a day on auto trader/ebay etc. trust me.

Trouble300zx
09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
A) If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
B) why would you purchase a car w/o seeing it and driving it?? You actually gonna trust somebody that much???????

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 10:33 PM
A) If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
B) why would you purchase a car w/o seeing it and driving it?? You actually gonna trust somebody that much???????
no, i was gonna go fly to the car and drive it home... but he hasnt replied back. im trying to find the car

Trouble300zx
09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Okay..but you're going to give you money to a third party......... that's STUPID. what if you don't like the car, what if it doesn't run....you're SOL because YOU don't have control of you money.........

rickgiblin
09-13-2005, 10:42 PM
no, chang of plans, im gonna save up some more money and get one theat i have absolute no doubt about it being good and tell this guy to screw off... plus the other car that i found that i was intrested in buying... well i looked on cardomain and there it was. every pic that he had. so im starting to use my head and not my wants. thanks yall for all your help. if anyone knows someone selling a supra... let me know

HyPer50
09-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Just stick to local :goodjob: never buy a car you can't see in person/drive before dealing with the payment.

JoeCoolinATL
09-14-2005, 01:55 AM
never buy a car you cant see. never buy a car where the owner wont show a shot with the tag or vin in plain sight :)