PDA

View Full Version : how much would it cost to drop an engine and a transmission in an integra shell...

allout13
12-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Im looking into buying an integra, but I dont really have that big of a budget. If it would be cheaper to buy a shell, then I would like to do that. My father owns a shop, so labor would be free. I just want to know a general idea of how much engines and transmissions run.
Im dont car how powerful the engine I use is, I just want a nice dd.
So if you can, tell me how much different engine/tranmissions usually run.

thanks

seanrg1116
12-23-2008, 09:19 AM
1200-5000

depends on what your looking for try this hmotorsonline.com

aaronfelipe
12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Why don't you search for this information. I know for fact there are thousands of threads and discussions on this considering how vague the description you are giving is. How long do you plan to keep it? How do you plan on driving it? Do you have a gas mileage expectation? Do you plan on modifying it? ETC. Nice DD is not specific enough. I nice DD for me would have to have at least 150hp, that kicks out most of the basic swaps you can do.

Technically, labor would not be free because your dad has to pay people to do it :yes:

I would honestly do some research if I were you...

allout13
12-23-2008, 11:03 PM
1200-5000

depends on what your looking for try this hmotorsonline.com
thanks

Why don't you search for this information. I know for fact there are thousands of threads and discussions on this considering how vague the description you are giving is. How long do you plan to keep it? How do you plan on driving it? Do you have a gas mileage expectation? Do you plan on modifying it? ETC. Nice DD is not specific enough. I nice DD for me would have to have at least 150hp, that kicks out most of the basic swaps you can do.

Technically, labor would not be free because your dad has to pay people to do it :yes:

I would honestly do some research if I were you...

I dont care how much power it has. I will be doing a lot of driving in atlanta traffic, and I want the good gas mileage. Ill be putting in a couple hundred pounds worth of stereo equipment in the cargo area so I dont want it to be a complete dog. I plan on keeping the car for a very long time, so an engine that is very reliable would be nice. I dont plan on doing any mods to the car, and I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. I found the link for hmotorsonline.com after I posted the thread, but I dont know what to look for.

and as far as labor goes, some projects my dad likes to do himself at the house. we have more tools here :D

Barefoot
12-29-2008, 06:47 PM
whats your budget

wrekonize
12-29-2008, 06:52 PM
ls swap with cable tranny runs 400 - 600
ls swap with hydro tranny the lowest and if your lucky 800- 1000
and these are the price of people on ia selling because they need cash really bad....

allout13
12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
whats your budget

about $4500 for a complete car. preferably less though

Barefoot
12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
small just by a car done. there to much extra lil shit u have to get when u piece a car together.

allout13
12-29-2008, 11:25 PM
small just by a car done. there to much extra lil shit u have to get when u piece a car together.

:???:

Barefoot
12-30-2008, 07:08 AM
:???:in other words stop being a cheap ass and buy a complete car.

allout13
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
in other words stop being a cheap ass and buy a complete car.

I will keep looking, but its hard to find one that hasnt been chopped up or swapped.

J-ROCK
01-24-2009, 02:10 AM
theres plenty of stock integras on here just have to know wut your looking for

FTMFL?
01-24-2009, 12:19 PM
about $4500 for a complete car. preferably less though

Dude you could get a GSR for like $3500..