PDA

View Full Version : Misc Atlanta Falcons are in the playoffs!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 06:12 PM
They just beat the Minnesota Vikings, in Minnesota, and, combined with the Dallas and Tampa Bay losses, Atlanta is now in as a wild card entry.

Awesome shit for a team that was supposed to be 4-12. Later, QD.

OneSlow5pt0
12-21-2008, 06:14 PM
lol,i made a thread at same time as u...........great year by the falcons.......and ill add

fuck vick!

americanctm
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
what a great win for the Falcons and the entire franchise. I can't believe the Falcons made it to the playoffs... UNBELIEVABLE!

Matt Ryan is a future hall of famer, and we maybe seeing the early stages of one of the future greats!

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2008, 07:04 PM
hell yeah i should be out celebrating but fuck this cold weather.

Double_0_Rusty
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Awesome stuff! I must say, I had my doubts about them. Matt Ryan and da Falcons FTW

OUTLAW
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
congrats to the falcons

HyPer50
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Ya, was pretty sweet. We needed the Cowboys, Bucs or Panthers, so far we are 2 for 3 on that. And they whooped ass up in Minnesota. Go Falcons!

Deke
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
FTW

I was excited to turn on the game with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Falcons up by 2 touchdowns. :)

brandenj
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
hell yes Turner and Roddy White are heading to the pro bowl, Matt Ryan should be rookie of the year, mike smith should be coach of the year, and Abraham got cheated out of the pro bowl he deserves it, and think about it if we win next week and Carolina losses then we become the #2 seed in the division below the giants

Imadaman
12-22-2008, 12:36 AM
The falcons are going all the way.

HyPer50
12-22-2008, 06:44 AM
The falcons are going all the way.

I told Kristi that if the Falcons make it to the superbowl, our baby who is due Jan 24th may have his middle name changed from Christopher Lee Culpepper Jr. to Christopher Ryan Culpepper lmao..

VIP Style
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM
lol fuck vick for what? this has nothing to do with him, the falcons probably would have had more wins this season with him playing. but anyway i would have been so disappointed if the falcons lost, the vikings gave it to them (4 turnovers)
lol,i made a thread at same time as u...........great year by the falcons.......and ill add

fuck vick!

VIP Style
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
yeah possibly, but i refuse to expect such huge expectations from ryan after just one season, and its not even playoff time yet, who knows we may not even get past the first round. i rather just sit back and watch what he grows into.
what a great win for the Falcons and the entire franchise. I can't believe the Falcons made it to the playoffs... UNBELIEVABLE!

Matt Ryan is a future hall of famer, and we maybe seeing the early stages of one of the future greats!

BanginJimmy
12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
lol fuck vick for what? this has nothing to do with him, the falcons probably would have had more wins this season with him playing. but anyway i would have been so disappointed if the falcons lost, the vikings gave it to them (4 turnovers)

The Falcons are DEFINATELY better with Ryan at the helm. Just look at the Bears game this year. No way does Vick make that throw and put them in FG range.

VIP Style
12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
if you look at the pass ryan made, it really was not all that accurate it would have sailed out of bounds if jenkins was not able to jump up that high. i dont think ryan is the definite reason why the falcons are looking good, you have to look at the coaching staff, stellar running game, abraham is staying healthy, ryan is just a piece to the pie.
The Falcons are DEFINATELY better with Ryan at the helm. Just look at the Bears game this year. No way does Vick make that throw and put them in FG range.

OneSlow5pt0
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
u can compare vicks best year to ryans and ryan had a better year.....thats speaks alot for how good vick was,o and the year vick had over 1000 yards rushing he only had 2 TDs on the ground.

a Rookie QB is not a flute,hes just gonna get better.

Mike Lowrey
12-22-2008, 12:21 PM

LMAO! You sir, are a complete moron! Not a Falcons fan, but the team is 10x better without vick.

Deke
12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Sweet Jesus. Can we have a single fucking thread about the Falcons without comparing Ryan and Vick!?

VIP Style
12-22-2008, 03:53 PM
ok first off you dont see me calling folks out of there name so gone with that bull shit, and yeah im a falcons fan, and yeah i like ryan and vick, but i dont think the team is necessarily "10x" better without him. vick is not give enough credit where its due, folks was all on his nutz before he went down, and now that the great white hype is in town, folks want to talk down like he aint did shit for the franchise.
LMAO! You sir, are a complete moron! Not a Falcons fan, but the team is 10x better without vick.

Mike Lowrey
12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
ok first off you dont see me calling folks out of there name so gone with that bull shit, and yeah im a falcons fan, and yeah i like ryan and vick, but i dont think the team is necessarily "10x" better without him. vick is not give enough credit where its due, folks was all on his nutz before he went down, and now that the great white hype is in town, folks want to talk down like he aint did shit for the franchise.

First of all, type english. Second, Vick could run, but had no throwing skills. He would make a nice scatback, but QB he is not. He is a dumbass as a person and an average QB in the NFL.

I would say that Ryan and the current coaching staff have done more for the organiztion than anyone in the past 5+ years.

P.S. You are still a moron. :goodjob:

HyPer50
12-22-2008, 05:33 PM

Dude Vick was exciting, but he insists on being a one-man show. Run before pass every down, he would give a half ass look for crumpler and maybe finn, then he'd just run. It was exciting, but Ryan makes for a much better leader and QB. Also, Vick screwed himself over, so don't try and make it sound like Falcons fans turned on him for nothing, he let the team down in a big way, but it just turned out for the best in the end. Rise from the ashes cause this team burned to the ground last year.

I'm tired of seeing all these ignorant ass folks (usually black, but thats just an observation) wearing Vick jerseys to Falcons games... I'm glad they are giving them team money by buying tickets, but you guys look retarded wearing those jerseys... Ya, I bought a #7 jersey a few years ago, it's sat in my closet since the arrest.

Vick is paying his dues to society, but he still stole a bunch of money from the orginization and KILLED there chances of a good season in 07. Lucky for us, Arthur Blank hired Dimitroff and and all the chips fell in place from there.

VIP Style
12-22-2008, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD4FH6Zeudo&feature=related lol i kid you not, i saw a older white man rocking a vick jersey in walmart yesterday, but anyway my point is this, im happy for ryan getting a chance at being our QB because he deserves it, and yeah vick is a idiot for laying all that down, but in the end when does the bashing of mike vick stop? as far as insisting on being a one man show? hell he had to run to make something happen if his receivers are dropping passes or if they are not open. its just looks that way because he was such an efficient threat when he had to run it. heck ryan experienced that the first time we played carolina (7 dropped passes) and ryan is not much of a playmaker on his feet, so it makes him look bad when receivers dont show up. if our core of receivers start slippin, then so does ryan, but then again the running game is on point. im still just baffled over how folks dont think he can cut it at playing QB, just look at the video.
Dude Vick was exciting, but he insists on being a one-man show. Run before pass every down, he would give a half ass look for crumpler and maybe finn, then he'd just run. It was exciting, but Ryan makes for a much better leader and QB. Also, Vick screwed himself over, so don't try and make it sound like Falcons fans turned on him for nothing, he let the team down in a big way, but it just turned out for the best in the end. Rise from the ashes cause this team burned to the ground last year.
I'm tired of seeing all these ignorant ass folks (usually black, but thats just an observation) wearing Vick jerseys to Falcons games... I'm glad they are giving them team money by buying tickets, but you guys look retarded wearing those jerseys... Ya, I bought a #7 jersey a few years ago, it's sat in my closet since the arrest.

Vick is paying his dues to society, but he still stole a bunch of money from the orginization and KILLED there chances of a good season in 07. Lucky for us, Arthur Blank hired Dimitroff and and all the chips fell in place from there.

OneSlow5pt0
12-22-2008, 06:03 PM
o well doesnt matter,vick will never wear a falcon on his helmet again...hes the past and ryan is the future.

alpine_aw11
12-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Now Ryan's about to get tested. Whether or not we make it out of the first round, this season was way better than I imagined. I pictured us maybe going .500, but we have had a great year. The best part is, it should only go uphill from here.

brandenj
12-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I've been a long time falcon fan and loved it back when Candler was at the helm and took us to the Super Bowl sure we didn't win but it did create the dirty bird. Right after vicks first season i quit watching the falcons he was a team killer with his attitude, plus he has always been in trouble with the law . were better with ryan for sure plus he'll last longer and play more snaps in a season then vick ever was bc vick got hurt and would most likely get hurt permanently bc he always took the full hit by the defense and never slid like a quarter back should

HyPer50
12-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Now Ryan's about to get tested. Whether or not we make it out of the first round, this season was way better than I imagined. I pictured us maybe going .500, but we have had a great year. The best part is, it should only go uphill from here.

At the very least it's good experience for a young team.

VIP Style
12-23-2008, 11:59 AM
hold up, you really dont know what your talking about, vick was not always hurt first of all, and always in trouble with the law, wtf? maybe his brother marcus, and i dont see how he killed the team considering he was at the helm last time we made it to the nfc championship game. like i said, its always folks trying to discredit vick like he didnt do anything for the franchise, just haters i guess.
I've been a long time falcon fan and loved it back when Candler was at the helm and took us to the Super Bowl sure we didn't win but it did create the dirty bird. Right after vicks first season i quit watching the falcons he was a team killer with his attitude, plus he has always been in trouble with the law . were better with ryan for sure plus he'll last longer and play more snaps in a season then vick ever was bc vick got hurt and would most likely get hurt permanently bc he always took the full hit by the defense and never slid like a quarter back should

OneSlow5pt0
12-23-2008, 12:41 PM
vick was a rapper playing football,he didnt take it serious....remeber him with the hooker,the weed and the dogs....he didnt say he was always hurt he said he never slid when he ran some he was gonan take a big hit one day,like he did when he broke his leg.

yea im a big hater,im so jealous im not a pot smoking dog beating prison inmate.

noone is gonna give pity for vick,so idk if that what ur looking for.

AirMax95
12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Vick should go to Tampa Bay.......

OneSlow5pt0
12-23-2008, 12:51 PM
i was thinking Oakland...he would fit in there.

VIP Style
12-23-2008, 02:14 PM
well thats a personal problem:goodjob: vick could have done alot worse, hell look at caylee anthonys mother, and that fucka madoff, i think its time to forgive and forget, let the man move on. im talking about his ability on the field is what folks be hating on. anyway when he gets out, he better show out where ever he goes, i hope the raiders get him or tampa
yea im a big hater,im so jealous im not a pot smoking dog beating prison inmate.

HyPer50
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
well thats a personal problem:goodjob: vick could have done alot worse, hell look at caylee anthonys mother, and that fucka madoff, i think its time to forgive and forget, let the man move on. im talking about his ability on the field is what folks be hating on. anyway when he gets out, he better show out where ever he goes, i hope the raiders get him or tampa

At the very least he'll have lost 2 years of his prime years. And seeing as how his entire game revolves around speed and elusiveness, he isn't going to be nearly as dynamic as he was, and won't be around for a career more than 4 maybe 5 years.

quickdodgeŽ
12-23-2008, 05:17 PM
its always folks trying to discredit vick like he didnt do anything for the franchise, just haters i guess.

The only thing he really did for the franchise was hype up the media circus and make them money off of retail sales and endorsements. He was a sorry quarterback, although he had great potential to be a great one. He was a talented football player for sure. But just like you always want to belittle anyone who talks negatively about him, you've had a pitbull grip on the reins of his nuts from the beginning of his downfall. You say he shouldn't be in jail. You say he shouldn't be guilty. You've concentrated more on excuses for his mistakes than he has. You're so much pro-Vick that you think he can do no wrong and has done no wrong.

These people aren't Vick "haters." They're Vick realists. Now I liked Vick. I loved watching him play, but wrong is wrong no matter who does it.

Just a word to the wise, dude, loosen up on his sack, man, or when he comes out of jail, you'll be calling him Michelle Vick.

Later, QD.

VIP Style
12-24-2008, 02:10 AM
here we go you trying to be on some funny faggot shit(lol), i never said he should not have been guilty, you break the law, then you pay the time, duh. and i never belittle anyone who talks down i just present the fact that he got the job done as our QB, if he didnt then why would the falcons lock him up to such a long contract? i just think its time to stop the talking down and let him be, he paid his time, so quit trying to hang the man.
The only thing he really did for the franchise was hype up the media circus and make them money off of retail sales and endorsements. He was a sorry quarterback, although he had great potential to be a great one. He was a talented football player for sure. But just like you always want to belittle anyone who talks negatively about him, you've had a pitbull grip on the reins of his nuts from the beginning of his downfall. You say he shouldn't be in jail. You say he shouldn't be guilty. You've concentrated more on excuses for his mistakes than he has. You're so much pro-Vick that you think he can do no wrong and has done no wrong.

These people aren't Vick "haters." They're Vick realists. Now I liked Vick. I loved watching him play, but wrong is wrong no matter who does it.

Just a word to the wise, dude, loosen up on his sack, man, or when he comes out of jail, you'll be calling him Michelle Vick.

Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2008, 05:34 AM
here we go you trying to be on some funny faggot shit(lol), i never said he should not have been guilty, you break the law, then you pay the time, duh. and i never belittle anyone who talks down i just present the fact that he got the job done as our QB, if he didnt then why would the falcons lock him up to such a long contract? i just think its time to stop the talking down and let him be, he paid his time, so quit trying to hang the man.

I remember threads where you said he shouldn't have went to prison and that dog fighting isn't shit and since he didn't actually do it that he shouldn't be responsible. He got the job "semi-done" as a quarterback. He was like the next Deion Sanders. I know I don't participate in hanging the dude. When he does his time, it'll be interesting to see what happens. As a quarterback, Matt Ryan seems to beat him out in more ways than one. Vick was only good for running, BUT, like I said above, he had the potential to be a good quarterback. He was just out for himself and wanted to be the playmaker. Don't get me wrong, though, as I'm not climbing on the Ryan Express. This is just one year. The only thing he hasn't done is the one thing Vick was good at (running). But in the end, a real quarterback's job isn't to run the ball himself.

It's all good, though. The Falcons are where they are and I'm real happy for them. Later, QD.

OUTLAW
12-24-2008, 06:19 AM
some of you are really funny let me see if i can remember how we got vick n the first place ummm lets take a lil stroll shall we. the year before we got vick was our worst year we where dead last hince why we got a get the first round pick. we where the laughing stock of the nfl shit the fuckin browns and bengals had better records than us. no one was going to the games there was not alot of people wearing falcon jerseys. the fuckin city was dead face it dead no love for the falcons at all. now when we got vick he brought ecitment to the field he gave the city back there passion for there football team. we where now once again a force to be noticed . but some of u wanna run ur mouth sayin we where such a sorry ass team with vick at the helm. i swear most of u are wht 15 16 20. u guys really dont know shit about football. wht vick did was wrong. but like i have said before i have seen many other nfl playes both black and white commit worst crimes tht killing a fuckin dog but did u see them get sent to prison did u seem them get strip of there endoursemnt did u see a whole city turn there back on them. its wired how someone like mark mcguire can lie about bascially cheating but u guys still llove him wanna call him the best homerun hitter of all time but u wanna hang barry bonds by his nuts. n i do not think arthur blanks is a complete dumbs so he had to see something n vick he would not be talkin about so much on espn n many other sport channels would no be the face of many compaines if he was a sorry qb back. i hate to say it but this shit is just all race. here we are in the south u have a black qb who has never won a superbowl game but hey he is makin more money than anyother player n the league at the time. i know tht didnt sit well with his white counter parts n lets face it Ga didnt like havin a black man as there qb lets just fuckin honest. cause all of a sudden u motherfuckers are falcon fans over night cause we got the great white hype ryan. like i said i am a falcon fan first been a fan fromway before deion was there before jusse tuggle before chris before morton before dan reeves. i know this teams history and where they have been i am very pround of this team for all tht they have accomplish. but i will not sit here n have a very talented football player like mike vick get talked about like he was the sorriest qb to have hike the dam ball. n its not just vick u guys seem to forget. it all boils down to coaching a fighter is only good as his trainer. so if ur trainer sucks guess what u going to ge knocked out. once again the team and staff that vick had does not compare to the team and staff ryan has get tht tru your thick fuckin skulls

OUTLAW
12-24-2008, 06:28 AM
you guys really need to watch this vid.

Mike Vick & Dogfighting - are we overreacting?

part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HdnMW_l3Ig

part2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eLphyQCHvM&feature=related

HyPer50
12-24-2008, 09:24 AM
some of you are really funny let me see if i can remember how we got vick n the first place ummm lets take a lil stroll shall we. the year before we got vick was our worst year we where dead last hince why we got a get the first round pick. we where the laughing stock of the nfl shit the fuckin browns and bengals had better records than us. no one was going to the games there was not alot of people wearing falcon jerseys. the fuckin city was dead face it dead no love for the falcons at all. now when we got vick he brought ecitment to the field he gave the city back there passion for there football team. we where now once again a force to be noticed . but some of u wanna run ur mouth sayin we where such a sorry ass team with vick at the helm. i swear most of u are wht 15 16 20. u guys really dont know shit about football. wht vick did was wrong. but like i have said before i have seen many other nfl playes both black and white commit worst crimes tht killing a fuckin dog but did u see them get sent to prison did u seem them get strip of there endoursemnt did u see a whole city turn there back on them. its wired how someone like mark mcguire can lie about bascially cheating but u guys still llove him wanna call him the best homerun hitter of all time but u wanna hang barry bonds by his nuts. n i do not think arthur blanks is a complete dumbs so he had to see something n vick he would not be talkin about so much on espn n many other sport channels would no be the face of many compaines if he was a sorry qb back. i hate to say it but this shit is just all race. here we are in the south u have a black qb who has never won a superbowl game but hey he is makin more money than anyother player n the league at the time. i know tht didnt sit well with his white counter parts n lets face it Ga didnt like havin a black man as there qb lets just fuckin honest. cause all of a sudden u motherfuckers are falcon fans over night cause we got the great white hype ryan. like i said i am a falcon fan first been a fan fromway before deion was there before jusse tuggle before chris before morton before dan reeves. i know this teams history and where they have been i am very pround of this team for all tht they have accomplish. but i will not sit here n have a very talented football player like mike vick get talked about like he was the sorriest qb to have hike the dam ball. n its not just vick u guys seem to forget. it all boils down to coaching a fighter is only good as his trainer. so if ur trainer sucks guess what u going to ge knocked out. once again the team and staff that vick had does not compare to the team and staff ryan has get tht tru your thick fuckin skulls

holy crap thats the longest run on non sense I've ever read. and just to clarify, i don't like McGuire, and I really liked Barry Bonds, and for what it's worth, I really liked Vick. I just think the team is in a much better position than it was under Vick. Sure the stands were filled with folks, but they were a bunch of bandwagon Vick fans, not Falcons fans. I got tired of hearing "the Atlanta Vicks". The entire country thought we were a one man team... Also, Vick didn't join the team at an awful time.. Ya we had a bad record, but we were just 3 years off of a Superbowl appearance. Plus we had Dan Reeves who is one of the best coaches we've ever had.

Vick = exciting, but he screwed himself, noone to blame but himself. Dont cry about him losing endorsements.. why would people want a dude who does that, as a role model for there kids? You can say what you want, but once the truth came out about McGuire and the rest of the stuff you mentioned, the same thing happened to them. Also... steriods aren't illegal, it's just a banned substance, so totally different thing.

Deke
12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
holy crap thats the longest run on non sense I've ever read. and just to clarify, i don't like McGuire, and I really liked Barry Bonds, and for what it's worth, I really liked Vick. I just think the team is in a much better position than it was under Vick. Sure the stands were filled with folks, but they were a bunch of bandwagon Vick fans, not Falcons fans. I got tired of hearing "the Atlanta Vicks". The entire country thought we were a one man team... Also, Vick didn't join the team at an awful time.. Ya we had a bad record, but we were just 3 years off of a Superbowl appearance. Plus we had Dan Reeves who is one of the best coaches we've ever had.

Vick = exciting, but he screwed himself, noone to blame but himself. Dont cry about him losing endorsements.. why would people want a dude who does that, as a role model for there kids? You can say what you want, but once the truth came out about McGuire and the rest of the stuff you mentioned, the same thing happened to them. Also... steriods aren't illegal, it's just a banned substance, so totally different thing.

I just wanted to give you props for being able to make it through Outlaw's post.

OneSlow5pt0
12-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I just wanted to give you props for being able to make it through Outlaw's post.

lol x2,all i noticed was killing dogs is not a bad crime and white people hate vick.

and this has nothing to do bout race,cause Mcnabb is a great QB...who passes:eek:

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2008, 03:49 PM
the year before we got vick was our worst year we where dead last hince why we got a get the first round pick.

I stopped right here because this one comment totally mooted the rest of your entire crap. The Falcons got Vick in 2001. The year before, their record was 4-12. Now simple math (I guess you don't know this) will tell you that 3 is less than 4. Well, prior to the 2000 season, the Falcons experienced 5 3-13 seasons. Not only that, but they had a 2-win AND a 1-win season. Now I don't know what school system you went to, but where I went, the number 3, 2 and 1 all fall short of the number 4. They also had 5 other 4-win seasons.

You and your government conspiracy theories and racial insecurities and other idiotic "thought" processes? I'm surprised you make it to the next day. I can't believe people like you still exist on this Earth. You're a prime example of why humanity these days flat out sucks. Later, QD.

boosted b
12-24-2008, 05:07 PM
vick is still the shit if the falcons don't let him back and trade him dallas with get him he will be a great back up starting off

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2008, 05:10 PM
vick is still the shit if the falcons don't let him back and trade him dallas with get him he will be a great back up starting off

Vick is not THE shit. He's just shit. He was good and talented and had potential. But he was NOT the shit. He could've been. There's a difference. But too many people aren't smart enough to know. Later, QD.

boosted b
12-24-2008, 05:15 PM
vick was good his offensive line wasn't great they were too tall for him to see over but other than that he was great

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2008, 05:26 PM
vick was good his offensive line wasn't great they were too tall for him to see over but other than that he was great

Great at running. And that's it. I don't understand why you and others cling to him so hard. He was hardly great. A great quarterback is John Elway. A great quarterback is Peyton (and coming soon, his brother) Manning. A great quarterback does not feature the words Mike or Vick. At least not together. Again, I loved to watch him and thought this guy is good. But not at quarterback.

Again, I reiterate, Vick was good with huge potential to be an all time great. I'm not a hater of Vick. Later, QD.

boosted b
12-24-2008, 06:05 PM
vick had a great arm as well but u never really saw him use it cause he always ran out of the pocket or dumped it off short because he couldn't see over his offensive line

OneSlow5pt0
12-24-2008, 06:10 PM
sigh* the falcons spent so much money making a team around vick's abilties....and what it get them?not a damn thing,alot of money wasted........vick had so much talent,but he was selfish just like TO....u cant be a selfish QB.

XLR8NMR2
12-24-2008, 06:43 PM
vick is one of the most athletic quaterbacks ever to play. he's got a very strong arm and was the fastest quaterback in the league when he played. under dan reeves system he shined but once we got mora we switched to a west coast offense that takes qb's a year or 2 to learn

keep in mind vick has only had about 3-4 solid years as a starter so he can still develop. he took us to the playoffs which we hadn't done in almost a decade.

the vick haters will eat there words once we trade him to a team that runs the wild cat offense. he would be perfect for that.

OneSlow5pt0
12-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I dont doubt vick has talent,he is one the most gifted players ever to be the NFL....i just dont think he took advange of it,he cant do everything himself. Football is a team sport,im very curious to what vick will do when he gets back. But the Falcons are in great shape with Matt Ryan and should never look back to vick.

XLR8NMR2
12-24-2008, 07:07 PM
its really up to arthur blank he pretty much owns vick and I know they both had a good relationship but well have to see....vick def sells seats and he made the most money off jersey sales and endorsements. if blank were smart he would keep him because ''the return of vick'' is money in the bank and a lot more coverage for the falcons

BanginJimmy
12-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Vick had a strong arm, not an accurate one. He had poor decision making, he was too quick to run and not smart enough to take advantage of his running ability in the PASSING game. Vick will never win a team a SB.

Yes he was exciting to watch, and he could take a team under his wing and win any 1 game, but he doesnt have the ability to win consistantly. DC's were quickly learning how to play him and his overall production was going down. I know he ran for over 1k yards, but in that same season he threw for only 2500 yards with less than 53% completions.
Now take Jon Kitna with detriot. He threw for over 4200 yards that season.

VIP Style
12-24-2008, 07:23 PM
the two main things im looking at next season is 1. where is vick going, and 2. how will ryan follow up on his season as a starter. should be interesting.

VIP Style
12-24-2008, 07:47 PM
man i see exactly where you coming from for the most part. thats what really baffles me is how folks talk down on vick like he was sooo sorry. the few videos i posted of him passing the ball sure doesnt look like a sorry ass QB to me. man, i just cant wait to see what we do in the playoffs.

americanctm
12-24-2008, 10:29 PM
yeah possibly, but i refuse to expect such huge expectations from ryan after just one season, and its not even playoff time yet, who knows we may not even get past the first round. i rather just sit back and watch what he grows into.

i might have been overzealous, but Matt Ryan has exceeded almost EVERYONE"s expectations. With a patched together, mangled offensive line that was not suppose to be very good this year, to a running back in Michael Turner in his first year as a starter, to the butter-finger wide receivers who seemed to drop everything until Matt Ryan started throwing to them... Its just one thing after another that Matt Ryan has dealt with and overcome.

Personally i think he is just that good. With a rocket arm, and a quick release, which helps make the offensive line look better, to the touch on his passes that makes the balls catchable to the wide receivers (idk if you remember but Vick had no touch on his passes, which accounted for many drops by the receivers) that make them better. HE makes HIS team better in almost every way.

HyPer50
12-24-2008, 11:11 PM
vick is one of the most athletic quaterbacks ever to play. he's got a very strong arm and was the fastest quaterback in the league when he played. under dan reeves system he shined but once we got mora we switched to a west coast offense that takes qb's a year or 2 to learn

keep in mind vick has only had about 3-4 solid years as a starter so he can still develop. he took us to the playoffs which we hadn't done in almost a decade.

the vick haters will eat there words once we trade him to a team that runs the wild cat offense. he would be perfect for that.

As long as we trade him for some thing of some value I don't really care how he does. I'll enjoy seeing his highlights, but I certainly won't "eat my words". I'm happy with Ryan and the new regime.

quickdodgeŽ
12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
vick is one of the most athletic quaterbacks ever to play.

One of the most athletic "PLAYERS." Not quarterbacks.

keep in mind vick has only had about 3-4 solid years as a starter so he can still develop.

I've been saying this the whole time.

he took us to the playoffs which we hadn't done in almost a decade.

Some people should really do their research before posting what is obviously not their strong point. The Falcons made it to the playoffs three times in the decade prior to Vick's joining the team. Damn.

the vick haters will eat there words once we trade him to a team that runs the wild cat offense.

I love how people are so quick to throw out the "hate" word when others don't munch on the jocks of their "heroes."

man i see exactly where you coming from for the most part. thats what really baffles me is how folks talk down on vick like he was sooo sorry. the few videos i posted of him passing the ball sure doesnt look like a sorry ass QB to me. man, i just cant wait to see what we do in the playoffs.

Do you get any royalties for all your hugging? Are you expecting a marriage proposal from him once released? I mean come on, man. You serious can't sit there and honestly say that he is the perfect quarterback to play football. Every time someone has thrown up a valid point (and there have been many), you've negated it and called the person a "hater."

You at least see me being honest with it. I think he's not GREAT and has a lot of work to do, but yet I love watching him and state that he has the potential to become great. Yet I'm still a Vick "hater" because I don't see him as a God of the NFL. Later, QD.

VIP Style
12-25-2008, 09:34 AM
uh what are you talking about? i never said vick was a god, i never said he was perfect, and hell yeah when somebody gets on here talking about vick is a "rapper" playing football, or talked down upon like he was the worst QB in the league, of course im gone negate that non sense. just listen at how stupid that sounds, "vick was a rapper playing football" wtf. enough about vick already as i tried to signify in my last post by mentioning the playoffs. so QD why dont YOU get off vicks nutz:gay: ....and mines (lol)

Do you get any royalties for all your hugging? Are you expecting a marriage proposal from him once released? I mean come on, man. You serious can't sit there and honestly say that he is the perfect quarterback to play football. Every time someone has thrown up a valid point (and there have been many), you've negated it and called the person a "hater."

You at least see me being honest with it. I think he's not GREAT and has a lot of work to do, but yet I love watching him and state that he has the potential to become great. Yet I'm still a Vick "hater" because I don't see him as a God of the NFL. Later, QD.

brandenj
12-25-2008, 09:40 AM
vick just wasn't my cup or tea, we should have just keep Brett Farve haha

but anyways what u guys think about the falcons maybe getting a new stadium in Doraville at the old gm assembly plant right off 285

quickdodgeŽ
12-25-2008, 09:46 AM
enough about vick already as i tried to signify in my last post by mentioning the playoffs. so QD why dont YOU get off vicks nutz:gay: ....and mines (lol)

You spoke of Vick in your last post as well. And no one said he was the worst QB. They just said he wasn't close to being the best. And you and I both know your "nut" comment was a vain attempt because I'm far from riding his, or anyone's sack, and as far as you're concerned, last I knew, females don't have sacks.

On to the playoffs. I hope they do well, but I don't know. We'll see. Later, QD.

VIP Style
12-25-2008, 09:47 AM
i think it would be a great idea, because its far less congestion than having to go into the heart of the city to get to the dome you know. lol man who knows what brett favre would have done down here lol
vick just wasn't my cup or tea, we should have just keep Brett Farve haha

but anyways what u guys think about the falcons maybe getting a new stadium in Doraville at the old gm assembly plant right off 285

VIP Style
12-25-2008, 09:48 AM
so you see us going past the first round or what?
You spoke of Vick in your last post as well. And no one said he was the worst QB. They just said he wasn't close to being the best. And you and I both know your "nut" comment was a vain attempt because I'm far from riding his, or anyone's sack, and as far as you're concerned, last I knew, females don't have sacks.

On to the playoffs. I hope they do well, but I don't know. We'll see. Later, QD.

OneSlow5pt0
12-25-2008, 08:24 PM
falcons can win the superbowl.....the NFL is wide open,we will probbly play the cards,who suck and only get in because thier division sucks so bad......the giants are the best NFC team,but then who? i dont see why the falcons cant be there.

quickdodgeŽ
12-25-2008, 08:55 PM
so you see us going past the first round or what?

I really don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if they won or lost, actually. I think they're good enough to pull it off, but at the same time, they're also not "full" enough as a team to withstand the eyes or pressure of playing in a must win situation being the playoffs. It's hard to explain and I hope you can see what I'm trying to get at. I just hope they do win it, but if they don't, you won't see me saying, "they suck." Ya know. Later, QD.

VIP Style
12-25-2008, 09:31 PM
man i really dont know about that "this" season. i just dont see them getting past the giants or eagles man. the falcons are good, but im not sure if they are that good just yet.
falcons can win the superbowl......

OneSlow5pt0
12-25-2008, 10:02 PM
eagles,are not as good as the falcons......the falcons,giants and panthers are the best teams in the NFC.and were as good as the panthers and they almost beat the giants.

VIP Style
12-26-2008, 01:43 PM
man i dont know about that, the eagles are rolling again, and if the falcons were better i think they would have beat them up in philly
eagles,are not as good as the falcons......the falcons,giants and panthers are the best teams in the NFC.and were as good as the panthers and they almost beat the giants.

OneSlow5pt0
12-26-2008, 02:35 PM
man i dont know about that, the eagles are rolling again, and if the falcons were better i think they would have beat them up in philly

u mean the game,that we should have won and the refs gave them the game..

we have 2 more wins than the eagles,the eagles went 1-4 in thier divison........we are deff better team.

quickdodgeŽ
12-26-2008, 02:58 PM
we have 2 more wins than the eagles,the eagles went 1-4 in thier divison........we are deff a better team.

Records don't always mean everything. It'll all come down to whomever brings the best game that day. Later, QD.

OneSlow5pt0
12-26-2008, 02:59 PM
well,in this case it does....since eagles wont even be in the playoffs..lol

VIP Style
12-29-2008, 12:39 PM
hmmm, lol i thought you said the eagles wont be in the playoffs.
well,in this case it does....since eagles wont even be in the playoffs..lol

ShooterMcGavin
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
well that lasted long :P

brandenj
01-04-2009, 09:58 PM
still a step in the right direction