Drake
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
epic win

osnap
12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
240s = :gay:

Mr. Clean
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
i can dig it. i really want to do something like this as a career. more the writing i think, though i like the photography more. i just know i have more talent in the writing part. if you ever decide to take this any further you let me know, captain ;)

On_Her_Face
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
240s = :gay:

Agreed. Definitly a good job on the write up though!

AlanŽ
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Will's 240 FTL *runs*

Drake
12-21-2008, 05:54 PM
i knew i shoulda washed it.

EJ_Allmota
12-21-2008, 06:18 PM
well done but that 240, shits weak..

SixSquared
12-21-2008, 06:22 PM
well done but that 240, shits weak..

Says a honda boi.

WTF?
12-21-2008, 06:22 PM
pretty cool

YokotaS13
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
i dont get it?
are we commenting on the layout or what?

its a stock ass 240 with a muffler

Julio
12-21-2008, 06:34 PM
lol.. Didn't know Drifting was started in Japan..

Drifting been going on for years.... Shit Ive seen a video of People In Jamaica drifting like 20+ years ago..

Japan = Made it more trendy and "cute"

What a joke.

Humphrizzle
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
it became a sport in Japan.

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Says a honda boi.

Says a shitty business person.

LOLOL!! @ Julio. Later, QD.

EJ_Allmota
12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Says a honda boi.
lol, if you attention i said "that 240" shits stock with an exhaust = shits weak.. Im a fan of 240s, shit Nissans in general..

-nice job with the layout though Bandy..

FasTech
12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
The write up was pretty good.

changaroo
12-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Says a shitty business person.

LOLOL!! @ Julio. Later, QD.

ahaha lol.

Julio
12-21-2008, 06:46 PM
BTW the layout is actually nice.. The content and the vehicles used just took away from what could've been a bad ass spread.

AlanŽ
12-21-2008, 07:02 PM
layout is great man

Echonova
12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
BTW the layout is actually nice.. The content and the vehicles used just took away from what could've been a bad ass spread.X2

puregroove
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
layout :goodjob:

bandydesign
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
@Drake- Glad you like it man, thanks again.

@Osnap- :cry:

@Mr. Clean- PM sent

@LS2_Kid- I'm no writer man, but I appreciate it. I'm trying my hand at some of this writing and I really wanted to show off what I could do as far as a layout.

@EJ_Allmota- Thanks man, I know you can appreciate the layout and that's what I was going for.

@WTF?-Thanks man

@YokotaS13-Man, I'm not saying that this is a feature-able car for a magazine, I am just trying to display some of my ability with this type of work through photography, graphic design, layout and write-up.

@Julio- I didn't do any research for this write-up. While this display is not meant for a magazine, I don't mean it to be a joke or to mock magazines. I am trying to explore my own aptitude in this line of work. Now if you see this as a childish execution or poorly done then you are the person whom I am most interested to hear from. I would appreciate if you could give me some strong, useful critisim. I'm no professional yet, but potentially with your critique and others I can move that direction. If it is solely the content, then you may disregard the previous, however I would still like to hear any critique that you may have.

@ChuckNorris- That was my understanding, but as I stated before, I did not research for this writeup.

@Fast-Tech- Thank you. I'm in no sense a writer, but hopefully I can improve!

@redGT- thanks bruh

@Echonova- thanks man, hopefully I will get some better content.

@puregroove- Thanks bro!

plus-sixes have been distributed

Elbow
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Looks REAL good!!!!

Mr. Clean
12-21-2008, 09:45 PM
@KustomBuildz- PM returned lol

Drake
12-21-2008, 11:17 PM
hey now, dont hate bc im a POS S13 owner! gotta have some love for tryin!!

idc but hate if you want. its all i have for right now.

k-band=+1

everyone has their own "taste" in cars, dont hate, appreciate what other ppl have, be a freaking human and not a hater!

bish
epic win for me, epic fail for you, who cares what you think!

booya!
alcohol was involved in this post.

poo on yoo

FoolsDrifFWD
12-21-2008, 11:21 PM
OMFG WTF. "I was amazed at how well the car handled" What r u smoking??? stock S13 suck ass. In fact the S13 is one of the top 10 most dangerous car to drive on the street. O and be careful in the rain your wipers might stop working. Fucking Nissan.

Drake
12-21-2008, 11:35 PM
ksjdnbgfksjhdgajhbglksjdhg

khg;a

man

DVSRX-7
12-21-2008, 11:38 PM
cool bro

down_shift
12-22-2008, 12:45 AM
ok honest c&c

layout isnt the worse but it could be a whole lot tighter. Title treatment and typography needs a lot of help. If you are serious about pursuing design and print I highly advise some classes. Type makes or breaks a layout.

The write up needs help. There is a lot of grammatical errors as well as problems with the "flow" of it. It kinda jumps around.

The images are the best part. Good clean shots technically. Although the cropping could use a bit of tweaking. I cant knock you for the content. Im glad you used your own pics for this. Just a good habit to get into.

Keep at it.

bandydesign
12-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I really appreciate the honesty.

I can't say i'm surprised by any of your comments. First off I have never been a good writer, but I am slowly trying to improve there.

The layout, however I like, but I agree maybe its design is too simple? Or at least you describe that its not as tight as it could be, you mean it could have more detail?

The images, I hope I have that bit down although I didn't think about doing this when I was photographing, so I would have taken more detail shots had I known.
Thanks for the detailed critique, I'm going to get some more opinions from Drift Mechanics.

ok honest c&c

layout isnt the worse but it could be a whole lot tighter. Title treatment and typography needs a lot of help. If you are serious about pursuing design and print I highly advise some classes. Type makes or breaks a layout.

The write up needs help. There is a lot of grammatical errors as well as problems with the "flow" of it. It kinda jumps around.

The images are the best part. Good clean shots technically. Although the cropping could use a bit of tweaking. I cant knock you for the content. Im glad you used your own pics for this. Just a good habit to get into.

Keep at it.

Julio
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I actually like the layout.

I think it would look cool if :

You can try to find a Nice Looking "stock" 240.. I know It may be hard, but there has to be a decent stock looking 240 out there.
And Find a heavy Nicely Modified one..

Then take it from there..
Content.. Who cares.. Most people read very little these days.. Just make it interesting.

DunDunSkeert
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I only know of one 240 that isn't a piece of shit. The are not nice cars and they are slow as hell stock. The only thing they have going for them is that they are RWD. I'm not bashing your page, it looks good, I'm bashing 240's.

flatop09
12-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Niice. . .

chinitoxamor
12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
^^ ur type r sig.... looks like shit.. lol... slam the car and seriously change the shoes

anyways.. 240 is nice but exhaust is weak... idk what the whole point of the pic was

boostedb16
12-22-2008, 07:25 PM
nice layout but damn he should have washed it first lol.

Thighs
12-22-2008, 07:28 PM
great layout, not too fond of the content and the 240s. the article talks 240s up like theyre some great car, but are only mediocre at best. i guess that since that was the point though, good job! :goodjob:

i think the layout itself could be a little more interesting. one mag i know of that almost ALWAYS has great layouts is 0-60. i think with a little more effort and some creative ideas it could look great.

the writing is decent, but could have been ALOT better if it was about a more interesting subject. 240s are really just not great cars. in stock form, they are horrible actually. the seating position sucks unless you have LOOOONG arms and legs, they have 0 power, and handle like assholes. even modded, they arent competitive in anything but drifting, where ANYTHING from a 1000hp vette or a 200hp e30 can be competitive. a more interesting car (or any subject for that matter) would be more conducive to support a better write.

i think you should do another. take a little more time on the details of the layout itself, and write about a moer interesting subject. a broader subject would help alot too. like instead of writing about 240s and mentioning drifting, write about drifting and mention 240s. and add some specific details into whatever you write, theres alot of people out there like me who actually take the time to READ the magazines, and every time i do i walk away happy as long as i learned something new.

i hope you take this as nothing but CC and not any personal attacks.

feel free to PM me if you want to talk further.

osnap
12-22-2008, 07:31 PM
lol sorry bandy, i just cant help but hate them.

tdurr
12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I liked it. I kno the owners of all the cars too. lol

I like the layout, I can agree about the text being jumpy, and slightly scattered but still good. It kept me happy. And i like 240s so that might be why...

Drake
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
ok look mother fuckers, dont hate bc thats all i can afford right now.
at least im not making payments, i totally ripped that exhaust off my old civic.
ghey i know, and if you hate then fuck you, im doing what i can, im broke and i cant get a job because of my personal record. which doesnt mean im bustung ass to get one. hate if you want at least mommy and daddy didnt pay for it, its the best i can do as of right now.

in the end, this is all i can afford. so fuck you if you dont approve. mods, kick me off if you please, ive been trying to do my share on here, but to some people poor people like me arent good enough to have a caf and be proud of what they have for once.

who cares what you drive!

its how you fucking drive it man.

so in the end, FUCK YOU, im done.

in the end, if you work hard, good things will come.
most people will understand what its like to be broke and do with what they have.

im not mad, i just wanted to rant.

F*CK you if you dont approve man.

Drake
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
enough to have a caR and be proud of what they have.

my bad.

carbongs
12-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Very nice layout man! Glad I finally got to see the real deal. Been so busy lately with the holidays, family coming over from over seas to stay permanently, mom going out of the country, starting a new job, blah blah blah! But, I can't wait to get some solid work put into our project!

Oz10
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
ok look mother fuckers, dont hate bc thats all i can afford right now.
at least im not making payments, i totally ripped that exhaust off my old civic.
ghey i know, and if you hate then fuck you, im doing what i can, im broke and i cant get a job because of my personal record. which doesnt mean im bustung ass to get one. hate if you want at least mommy and daddy didnt pay for it, its the best i can do as of right now.

in the end, this is all i can afford. so fuck you if you dont approve. mods, kick me off if you please, ive been trying to do my share on here, but to some people poor people like me arent good enough to have a caf and be proud of what they have for once.

who cares what you drive!

its how you fucking drive it man.

so in the end, FUCK YOU, im done.

in the end, if you work hard, good things will come.
most people will understand what its like to be broke and do with what they have.

im not mad, i just wanted to rant.

F*CK you if you dont approve man.

lol.

You said hate if you want.

Then you said "FUCK YOU if you hate" x5000

:thinking:

Drake
12-23-2008, 02:57 AM
i apologize for teh stoopidness.

i was drunk.

but yeah,

me ftl

quicksix
12-23-2008, 02:59 AM
you got skillz

Drake
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
hah, i also said in the end like 30 times, drunken fail on me.

JHIT89
01-05-2009, 09:31 PM
bandy i finally found it like you wanted great job on the layout but you coulda found a better car than wills to put in there lol j/k i know in fayeco its hard to find a good looking 240 and you found the easiest one to get in contact

once again great job on the layout

DeeAOne
01-05-2009, 09:55 PM
i think a lot of people are missing the point. to me it looks like he was focusing more on the spread itself. everyone bashing on the 240's, i think that was the last thing he was worried about. just my :2cents:

bandydesign
01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
your 2 cents are worth 6 reps, because you sir are correct!

MongolPup
01-06-2009, 12:32 AM
The spread is excellent. I disagree with what you wrote etc etc lol but I realize that SOMETHING had to go there. It could have been about hot wheels if it would have allowed you to write.

And some of the replies in this thread regarding cars...wow. You guys will be going far in life, I can tell.

bandydesign
01-06-2009, 06:58 AM
The spread is excellent. I disagree with what you wrote etc etc lol but I realize that SOMETHING had to go there. It could have been about hot wheels if it would have allowed you to write.

And some of the replies in this thread regarding cars...wow. You guys will be going far in life, I can tell.

lol. Thanks dude.

Atlblkz06
01-06-2009, 04:54 PM
There is nothing gay about 240 as a car. Its just too bad most of them are riced out and gay looking.
They're CHEAP and fun cars.

Nice work with the doc.