PDA

View Full Version : So I've finally come to grips with the fact...

Jay B II
03-22-2005, 12:12 AM
That although I am black...due to the fact that I have lived in a trailer, I am a diehard Nascar fan (I watch all three series now) and the fact that I am still a Dukes of Hazard fan...I am in fact a redneck...there's no more denying it....I wonder if there's a support group for me out there somewhere...LOL

Kevykev
03-22-2005, 09:37 AM
it'll be ok man...it's not all that bad being a redneck....

You're a different, just accpet that.

B16a2 Civic
03-22-2005, 09:45 AM
jeff foxworthy is funny though....im somewhat black ( black and korean ) and i think he's funny as hell

The Yousef
03-22-2005, 10:12 AM
dude i'm an Indian Redneck....i've been watching NASCAR since kindergarten (wOOt...Mark Martin)...so feel I feel your pain...

Kermit
03-22-2005, 11:04 AM
NASCAR is awful, but the Dukes Of Hazard, that's a different story.

The Yousef
03-22-2005, 11:10 AM
NASCAR is awful, but the Dukes Of Hazard, that's a different story.

the 2 races that will make you fan are Talladega and Bristol....
but i watch most anything with an engine and wheels attached:
IRL, CART (was a hugh fan until they fucked themselves up), FIA World Rally, SCCA RAlly, F1, ALMS, Grand-Am, speed world challenge..etc

carrascopa
03-22-2005, 11:18 AM
woo hoo! do it 4 dale!

Right turns ar 4 pussies

Brandon C
03-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I go Left

Jay B II
03-22-2005, 11:32 AM
All of your kind words are helping me through my ordeal...thanks everyone...lol

civic95
03-22-2005, 12:04 PM
That's alright man, just glad to have another nascar fan on the site. I don't discriminate. Bristol is in 2 weeks! Yeah c'mon (as southside steve would say)

RutRoe
03-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Anyone who's never actually been to a race and says that Nascar sucks has zero credibility in my book...

and guess who's going to Bristol ?

Me baby, Me. But then again... I got to every single race :)

civic95
03-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Anyone who's never actually been to a race and says that Nascar sucks has zero credibility in my book...

Well some people just can't see the complexity, stragety, team work, etc involved in a race.

"It's just turning left"

Yeah, and basketball is just throwing a round object into another round object.

Whatever, it's the largest spectator sport, and has the 2nd largest tv ratings for any sport. It's not just southern moonshiners anymore. People up north watch it, people out west watch it. It's broadcast in dozens of other countries each week as well.

Kristi
03-22-2005, 12:47 PM
that is an awesome comeback!!! "yeah and basketball is just throwing a round object into another round object."

:lmfao:

civic95
03-22-2005, 01:03 PM
that is an awesome comeback!!! "yeah and basketball is just throwing a round object into another round object."

:lmfao:

if you were good at this game you can play basketball.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005RF5G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

RutRoe
03-22-2005, 01:17 PM
ha ha.. good one man

Silvernbluepearl
03-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Damn I love some nascar...went to vegas and atlanta and am going to bristol in august...can't wait

buddha@TeamFX
03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
im a redneck and proud of it...

Kermit
03-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Well some people just can't see the complexity, stragety, team work, etc involved in a race.

"It's just turning left"

Yeah, and basketball is just throwing a round object into another round object.

Whatever, it's the largest spectator sport, and has the 2nd largest tv ratings for any sport. It's not just southern moonshiners anymore. People up north watch it, people out west watch it. It's broadcast in dozens of other countries each week as well.

And it seems to me that if it weren't broadcast on every single station that has anything to do with sports 23.5 hours a day, 6.86 days a week, and 50.96 weeks a year, the ratings might not be so high. Anymore, you can't hardly watch anything else. Sure, other racing events are televised...between 2:45 am and 3:10 am. Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated with the fact that it's on ALL the freak'n time. You know, pre-pre-pre-pre race discussions all the way through post-post-post-post-post-post season results. Ok, I'm done now, sorry.

Cliff
03-22-2005, 03:08 PM
i ain't a redneck i am simply country....love country, huntin, fishin, nascar, and Dukes of Hazard reruns ROCK so i feel ya man it's cool....it's good to know there are other redneck/country folks around that are into tunin imports....

Cliff
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
And it seems to me that if it weren't broadcast on every single station that has anything to do with sports 23.5 hours a day, 6.86 days a week, and 50.96 weeks a year, the ratings might not be so high. Anymore, you can't hardly watch anything else. Sure, other racing events are televised...between 2:45 am and 3:10 am. Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated with the fact that it's on ALL the freak'n time. You know, pre-pre-pre-pre race discussions all the way through post-post-post-post-post-post season results. Ok, I'm done now, sorry.

you live in georgia...one of the original states where nascar was started....do you expect any less....and if anyone watched this past race...a guy who hardly ever wins or is ever heard of won...some of the top guys were out before the first lap was over and the race was won by literally a few feet....that is just incredible....and they get up to 200 mph area at AMS....not many cars can do 200 mph in a circle

civic95
03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
\and if anyone watched this past race...a guy who hardly ever wins or is ever heard of won...some of the top guys were out before the first lap was over and the race was won by literally a few feet....

Actually he got his 1st ever busch win, and 1st ever Cup win in the same weekend. And is the only 1 to win 2 in one weekend in atlanta.

Cliff
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
even crazier....watchin him take turn 2 i believe comin into the back stretch he was gettin squierly so he stayed up at the top of the wall the rest of the way where he was gettin the best grip and then last minute passed for the lead...now that is skilled racing

green91
03-22-2005, 06:57 PM
dukes of hazzard > nascar

The Yousef
03-22-2005, 08:28 PM
even crazier....watchin him take turn 2 i believe comin into the back stretch he was gettin squierly so he stayed up at the top of the wall the rest of the way where he was gettin the best grip and then last minute passed for the lead...now that is skilled racing

the best was last year's Daytona truck race....he flew through pit road at well over 180 mph to avoid a wreck! and merged back on the track w/o lifting his right foot.... i believe he only lost like 2 or 3 spots...Carl Edwards got some skill

quickdodgeŽ
03-22-2005, 10:50 PM
the 2 races that will make you fan are Talladega and Bristol....

Won't make me a fan. Lolol.

So when I say that I think NASCAR is crap racing, I have credibility? I have been to Bristol and to AMS and it is wild seeing it, but still, to me, it isn't really all that exciting. Nothing to compared to BTCC, and road course racing. Later, QD.

Jay B II
03-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Silvernbluepearl, Rutroe...either of you need a buddy to tag along to a race with ya...I haven't been to one yet and I really want to go to one.

The Yousef
03-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Silvernbluepearl, Rutroe...either of you need a buddy to tag along to a race with ya...I haven't been to one yet and I really want to go to one.

take me!!!!!!....just stow me in your trunk or something....i haven't either...been to Petit LeMans....that was awesome

Cliff
03-23-2005, 06:20 PM
i heard today that karl edwards after driving 500+ miles and winning the race he then loaded up his motor home and drove 700+ miles to his home town where he hopped a plane and flew to new york to ring the bell closing the stock market....now that is a true underdog....that guy is now awesome in my book...he does nascar like he is in the dirt track circuit