PDA

View Full Version : Why do people try to take someone's SHINE away or STEAL the LIMELIGHT from others?

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I see threads where someone might post their car or something that they, then you see some guy come along and say "Yeah those were my wheels" or

"Yeah dood, Glad you got that lip i told you to get"

"I remember when i had it, it served me well"

What causes this?

Need of attention? self esteem issues?

Hey i'm just being realistic guys, so if any of you guys get offended then YOU'RE the problem. :screwy:

Keep it to yourself, let the people enjoy what's theirs.

:cheers:

or it it just me? :thinking:

LizBiz
12-21-2008, 09:58 AM
oh lord.....here we go. lol

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 10:03 AM
I see threads where someone might post their car or something that they, then you see some guy come along and say "Yeah those were my wheels" or

"Yeah dood, Glad you got that lip i told you to get"

"I remember when i had it, it served me well"

What causes this?

Need of attention? self esteem issues?

Hey i'm just being realistic guys, so if any of you guys get offended then YOU'RE the problem. :screwy:

Keep it to yourself, let the people enjoy what's theirs.

:cheers:

or it it just me? :thinking:
I remember the first time I raised the awareness bar on this issue. Later, QD.

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Huh?

There was a thread like this already? I go days without being on here yah know :)

if so disregard/delete my thread

simple as that LOL

green91
12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Everyone has a need to feel accepted. Why not crowbar in the opportunity?

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Why not crowbar in the opportunity?

:lmfao:

In my opinion to shoots someone down.

guy is proud and posts car: :D

one person says "nice car": :bump:

Some dude comes along like hey that was my cousins car, We did all types of shit with that car: :cheers:

Proud new owner: :cry:

green91
12-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Yep i understand what you're saying. I suppose ive even been guilty of it at times.

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2008, 10:10 AM
could be a mixture of jealousy and envy

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:11 AM
^ Possibly

Yep i understand what you're saying. I suppose ive even been guilty of it at times.

Well at least you're mature and manned up to it.

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Huh?

There was a thread like this already? I go days without being on here yah know :)

if so disregard/delete my thread

simple as that LOL

Lolol. That totally rushed over your head as if you were at Dobbins Air Reserve Base during a flyby of a fighter jet at an air show.

Read your opening comments and read my responses and see if you see it. If not, I'll fill you. Later, QD.

1439/2000
12-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Kinda like when somebody posts a picture of a Skyline and somebody responds with "You see those too often today." What they mean is that they have seen 3 others but when a Honda gets posted with some Rotas the same poster gets excited and tells them its clean and different.

Basically it comes down to there are a bunch of knuckle dragging,mouth-breathing dullards on this site with a few good exception. Over the last 5 years I have last faith in it and then come back like 10 times.

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Kinda like when somebody posts a picture of a Skyline and somebody responds with "You see those too often today." What they mean is that they have seen 3 others but when a Honda gets posted with some Rotas the same poster gets excited and tells them its clean and different.

Basically it comes down to there are a bunch of knuckle dragging,mouth-breathing dullards on this site with a few good exception. Over the last 5 years I have last faith in it and then come back like 10 times.

Man.... It comes is various forms. Tons of scenarios that display this phenomenon. :yes:

Lolol. That totally rushed over your head as if you were at Dobbins Air Reserve Base during a flyby of a fighter jet at an air show.

Read your opening comments and read my responses and see if you see it. If not, I'll fill you. Later, QD.

"Fill me in" - Craig David

LOL

Julio
12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
lol @ QD..

I'm shocked Kevin didn't get that... lol

Talk about taking shine away..

Elbow
12-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Well a Skyline isn't that cool anymore, they aren't uncommon...a Civic isn't that cool either though lol. I would rather see a Skyline then a Civic, it all matters what's done to either one for me personally though, and if it's not a GTR, I WOULD rather see a Civic, a non GTR Skyline is a 240 with a heavy body kit and a RHD conversion.

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 10:21 AM
lol @ QD..

I'm shocked Kevin didn't get that... lol

Talk about taking shine away..

HAHAHAH!!!!!

Same here. I thought Kev would get that in an instant.

Read this line from your original post:

"I see threads where someone might post their car or something that they, then you see some guy come along and say ..............'I remember when i had it, it served me well'"

Then I respond with :

"I remember the first time I raised the awareness bar on this issue."

You see it now? Lolol. Later, QD.

green91
12-21-2008, 10:23 AM
^ Possibly

Well at least you're mature and manned up to it.

I think its more of an insecurity issue than anything. A lot of people are more concerned with trying to seem unique and be accepted by other than to actually build a car how they would like. So in an effort to seem relevant they can only try to prop themselves up by bashing others instead of being respected for actually being helpful.

IMO thats why theres such an influx of people claiming OG status and also people posting pictures of intercoolers in their signatures. OG feel the need to be relevant by noting their tenure. This used to really irritate me with the EF squad because ive been with IA nearly since its inception, yet guys who are 06 members claim OG status trying to feel relevant. Same with people who feel the need to crowbar in pictures of their intercoolers and talk about being boosted in their username, avatar, signature etc. Its just an effort to be accepted but in reality makes you look more like a tool.

:)

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:24 AM
^ That's accurate

HAHAHAH!!!!!

"I see threads where someone might post their car or something that they, then you see some guy come along and say ..............'I remember when i had it, it served me well'"

Then I respond with :

Damn, I failed big time!

Damn, you clever sonofabitch (no disrespect to mom dukes)

Can't always be on point nah mean? :no:

AFSil80
12-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Why do people do this, you ask? It's human nature to feel wanted/involved in a topic that's being discussed. But some people have a greater drive to be at the center of attention and will ruin it for those who deserve to be at the center of it if they cannot attain that spot.

I remember the first time I raised the awareness bar on this issue. Later, QD.

I see what you did there.

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
I think its more of an insecurity issue than anything. A lot of people are more concerned with trying to seem unique and be accepted by other than to actually build a car how they would like. So in an effort to seem relevant they can only try to prop themselves up by bashing others instead of being respected for actually being helpful.

IMO thats why theres such an influx of people claiming OG status and also people posting pictures of intercoolers in their signatures. OG feel the need to be relevant by noting their tenure. This used to really irritate me with the EF squad because ive been with IA nearly since its inception, yet guys who are 06 members claim OG status trying to feel relevant. Same with people who feel the need to crowbar in pictures of their intercoolers and talk about being boosted in their username, avatar, signature etc. Its just an effort to be accepted but in reality makes you look more like a tool.

:)

Lolol. I agree with the majority of this. Someone posts their car up and they get a buzz about it so someone else wants a piece of that pie so they make sure to mention that the wheels on that car used to be his. Especially if someone compliments the wheels. Or some shit like that. Later, QD.

Halfwit
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
HAHAHAH!!!!!

Then I respond with :

maybe get a sketch pad and we can draw him a picture.

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
maybe get a sketch pad and we can draw him a picture.

Ok, how bout YOU get a sketchpad and draw that shit.

or BAN :cheers:

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
^ That's accurate

Damn, I failed big time!

Damn, you clever sonofabitch (no disrespect to mom dukes)

Can't always be on point nah mean? :no:

Slid that one in like a lubed..well....you know. Later, QD.

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Lolol. I agree with the majority of this. Someone posts their car up and they get a buzz about it so someone else wants a piece of that pie so they make sure to mention that the wheels on that car used to be his. Especially if someone compliments the wheels. Or some shit like that. Later, QD.

I've never done that man, i've hooked up most of my friends with tons of sht and NEVER take credit EVER.

"yeah dawg, you like his car? you do? well i got him the hookup on those wheels" :lmfao:

I guess i'm cool with being in the background.

Slid that one in like a lubed..well....you know. Later, QD.

Like.."for real, for real" i think this thread would've been just as great without that line that you you type over there..couple seconds ago.

Halfwit
12-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Ok, how bout YOU get a sketchpad and draw that shit.

or BAN :cheers:
never been much for drawing.

and given this thread, someone would jsut come in and say they drew one once that was better...

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:34 AM
never been much for drawing.

and given this thread, someone would jsut come in and say they drew one once that was better...

good damn reply :D

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 10:40 AM
good damn reply :D

Yeah it was. I made an awesome reply like that a while back. Later, QD.

Kevykev
12-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Of course you did man! :D

Halfwit
12-21-2008, 11:35 AM
i seen that same reply for sale on ebay a while back ,i almost bought it.

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 12:49 PM
i seen that same reply for sale on ebay a while back ,i almost bought it.

That was my auction. Later, QD.

Halfwit
12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
tou'che

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 12:59 PM
tou'che
Touché is the correct spelling, lolol. Later, QD.

Tech5
12-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah I think they do it to try an make them look good and yes I agree that its Gay!

So QD why do you do this?

lol:lmfao:

Halfwit
12-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Touché is the correct spelling, lolol. Later, QD.
great collaboration right there. teamwork.

Friggintitsman
12-21-2008, 01:11 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/jc713wak/look_at_my_fuckin_balls.jpg

JITB
12-21-2008, 01:11 PM
because being noticed for something or anything on IA makes some people feel larger than life!... i blame julio..

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2008, 01:21 PM
because being noticed for something or anything on IA makes some people feel larger than life!... i blame julio..

That's why I love my IA "wealth." Later, QD.

Jbauer
12-21-2008, 01:37 PM
This is actually a real informative thread. There are many things people do because of simple problems that arise from the needs of human nature.

Bravo OP..Bravo

Friggintitsman
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Is it credible to steal someone's e-thunder?