PDA

View Full Version : Gwinnett police raid the wrong house....

Jaimecbr900
12-19-2008, 07:48 AM
I got this from another forum I belong to. This is literally my biggest fear when I'm at home. No lie. Check it out:

"Gwinnett police break down wrong door
3-month-old baby was in the house
By ANDRIA SIMMONS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gwinnett County police drug investigators on Wednesday served a “no-knock” search warrant and forced entry into a Lawrenceville house, but soon discovered they were at the wrong address.

In a news release, a Gwinnett police official said it was “a case of human error and not deliberate malfeasance on the part of the investigator.”

The investigators intended to serve the search warrant at a home on Valley Spring Drive in Lawrenceville about 9:15 a.m. One of the investigators mistakenly pointed out another house nearby.

Once the officers forced entry to the house, they briefly detained a male and female resident before determining they were in the wrong place.

The search was immediately halted and no intrusive search was ever executed, said police spokeswoman Cpl. Illana Spellman. A supervisor came to the scene to further explain the situation and apologize to the residents.

The department also is paying to repair their front door, Spellman said.

“Everyone apologized extensively to them for the mistake,” the spokeswoman said. “It’s a mistake on our part so we’ll take the full responsibility for that.”

Spellman said she wasn’t sure why confusion arose over the address. The department did not release the name of the investigator at fault.

The front door was patched with a piece of wood Wednesday night, but splinters still littered the front hallway of the home of John Louis, 38, and his girlfriend Heather James, 37.

Louis said he was upstairs working from a home office when police used a battering ram to break through the door. James and their 3-month-old daughter were asleep in separate bedrooms.

“They came in here and put guns to us. The house was full of police,” Louis said. “I’ve never had a gun in my face before. I’ve never even held a gun.”

He said that he and James, who was in a nightgown, were ordered at gunpoint to lie on the floor. When he tried to ask what they wanted, Louis said, he was told to “shut up.”

After the officers roamed through the house for a few minutes, they spotted the baby and realized their mistake, Louis said. He said they apologized and told him they confused his home with that of a neighbor two doors down, a suspected methamphetamine distributor.

Louis said he still has questions for police about how such a mistake happened.

“If you had the house under surveillance for three months, why did you come here?” Louis said. “You broke in here and put all our lives in danger, and all you can say is you’re sorry?”

After the snafu, officers went to the correct house and served the search warrant, which was part of a three-month drug investigation that police said is still ongoing.

Efrain Pedruza, 31, was arrested without incident, and $24,000 in cash was seized. Pedruza is being held on related charges in Gwinnett County Jail."

This kinda clouds my view of the "war on drugs" thing......

Discuss.:goodjob:

ALVIN
12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
repost Jaime i read that a few days ago lol

Kevykev
12-19-2008, 07:57 AM
A supervisor came to the scene to further explain the situation and apologize to the residents.

The department also is paying to repair their front door, Spellman said.

:lmfao:

I have a small feeling that their apology and door repair will not be sufficient.

blacknightteg
12-19-2008, 07:59 AM
thats some shit

aaronfelipe
12-19-2008, 08:01 AM
PWNED!

AnthonyF
12-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I got this from another forum I belong to. This is literally my biggest fear when I'm at home. No lie. Check it out:

Who says you belong to this one? :thinking:

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~RUNS!!!!!!!~

-Ant.

teh bri
12-19-2008, 08:03 AM
i'd piss myself.

Kasper
12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
id be pissed! could you imagin of someone actually got hurt on that! i can only imagin whats gonna happen now! whats even more supriseing is they went and surved the warrent right after and still got the guy they were looken for!! i feel bad for that family. i hope they get what they want outa that

Jason..
12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Reperation!!!!

RL...
12-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I'd sue or something, that is bs.

Ran
12-19-2008, 08:38 AM
A hypothetical that crosses my mind; What if the man, fearing for the safety of his G/F and child had pulled a weapon in self defense and the police shot him?

WhitEvoMr
12-19-2008, 08:42 AM
fucking cops! always got to fuk shit up

Sport1.3
12-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Thats fucked up, they are lucky in this case that the father wasnt armed....all it would have taken was him picking up a shot gun to defend his family against an intruder and there might have been a few innocent lives lost in all the confusion.....very lucky.

K20Z1
12-19-2008, 09:26 AM
SWAT CAME 2 MI HOUZE ND DIZRESPEK MYI WHOL FAMIRY

TIGERJC
12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I am glad the owner didnt have a gun on him, could have been another no knock warrant gone bad

David88vert
12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
A hypothetical that crosses my mind; What if the man, fearing for the safety of his G/F and child had pulled a weapon in self defense and the police shot him?

Answer: The police would have planted something in the house to show that it was justified.

silversol
12-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Answer: The police would have planted something in the house to show that it was justified.
x2

Jaimecbr900
12-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Thats fucked up, they are lucky in this case that the father wasnt armed....all it would have taken was him picking up a shot gun to defend his family against an intruder and there might have been a few innocent lives lost in all the confusion.....very lucky.

I am glad the owner didnt have a gun on him, could have been another no knock warrant gone bad

This is exactly what the problem with the "no knock warrants" is, and this is why it worries me. I DO have a gun.....LOTS of them as a matter of fact. 99.9% they are on me or atleast w/i reach. I've told my wife several times that this scenario is my worst fear. I've even had nightmares about it. Seriously. I don't want to hurt a LEO, but in the heat of the moment, when you're fight or flight response kicks in, it's almost impossible for both sides to make the proper identification and decision in that split second when your front door comes crashing in.

Think about it: Home invasions happen all the time. One of the M.O.'s is for the BAD guys to come in yelling, "POLICE!"....in order to get the upper hand quicker over their victims. It makes sense. If you are a law abiding citizen and someone yells "POLICE" at you, what do you normally do???? Stop, put your hands up, and freeze....right? That's what Home Invaders bank on.

Unfortunately, there are people out there that will likely put two in your chest and one in your head FIRST (since they are aware of the above scenario). I mean, seriously.....if you're a law abiding person.....nothing to fear about with law enforcement because you don't do drugs, sell drugs, running from the law, child molester, etc.....you're a basic run-of-the-mill good guy/gal......you're sitting at home in YOUR living room minding your business watching TV or sleeping and suddenly your front door gets knocked down......WHAT are YOU going to think???? How are YOU going to react????

I can tell you how I would react: I have a wife and 2 children in the house all the time....need I say more? ;)

It'd be ugly at my house, guaranteed. That's why I've had nightmares about it.....;)

blackboi50
12-19-2008, 10:36 AM
SWAT CAME 2 MI HOUZE ND DIZRESPEK MYI WHOL FAMIRY

:lmao:....i lol'd at this one!!!! hahahahah reps dude :goodjob:......1

blackboi50
12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
This is exactly what the problem with the "no knock warrants" is, and this is why it worries me. I DO have a gun.....LOTS of them as a matter of fact. 99.9% they are on me or atleast w/i reach. I've told my wife several times that this scenario is my worst fear. I've even had nightmares about it. Seriously. I don't want to hurt a LEO, but in the heat of the moment, when you're fight or flight response kicks in, it's almost impossible for both sides to make the proper identification and decision in that split second when your front door comes crashing in.

Think about it: Home invasions happen all the time. One of the M.O.'s is for the BAD guys to come in yelling, "POLICE!"....in order to get the upper hand quicker over their victims. It makes sense. If you are a law abiding citizen and someone yells "POLICE" at you, what do you normally do???? Stop, put your hands up, and freeze....right? That's what Home Invaders bank on.

Unfortunately, there are people out there that will likely put two in your chest and one in your head FIRST (since they are aware of the above scenario). I mean, seriously.....if you're a law abiding person.....nothing to fear about with law enforcement because you don't do drugs, sell drugs, running from the law, child molester, etc.....you're a basic run-of-the-mill good guy/gal......you're sitting at home in YOUR living room minding your business watching TV or sleeping and suddenly your front door gets knocked down......WHAT are YOU going to think???? How are YOU going to react????

I can tell you how I would react: I have a wife and 2 children in the house all the time....need I say more? ;)

It'd be ugly at my house, guaranteed. That's why I've had nightmares about it.....;)

yea jaime its a lose lose situation!!! :(.......if he had shot at the cops he would have been wrong....but if some home invaders came in screaming POLICE he would have got on the ground and lost alot of stuff maybe even his life!!! :cry:......sucks dude!!....1

K20Z1
12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
:lmao:....i lol'd at this one!!!! hahahahah reps dude :goodjob:......1

appreciate it bro :D