PDA

View Full Version : AMP Atlanta Motorsports Park?

1SICKLEX
12-19-2008, 12:35 AM
http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.net/pictures.shtml

Does anyone have any more info on this or heard about it. A friend sent me the link and I had no idea about it.

Thanks!

The BUCKY
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM
yea there are some zoning probs right now. hopefully they get it worked out really trying to help in any way i can

MongolPup
12-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Tracy has a thread in car talk, check it out.

fight club
12-19-2008, 12:45 AM
if you like that google victory lane homes.

civic95
12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Car course & karting course – Only available to individuals

$8,000 initiation fee (Discounted from $15,000- limited during preconstruction only)
$200 monthly dues
$30 daily use fees
$10 daily use fee for the kart course, kart guest fee is $75/day
Access to private showers, membership deck, Starbucks, personal parties in membership lounge
Course guest fee is $250 (each guest is only allowed two times per year)
Membership not transferrable
Only 50 available preconstruction
All monies escrowed at SunTrust Bank until $3M raised or required zoning has been secured to begin construction of the Driving Course.

Little expensive if you ask me.

matthewAPM
12-19-2008, 12:34 PM
i friend of my dad that is an investor is in on this

Elbow
12-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah they have been "working on it" for years, hopefully it's done by next season...lol...because NASA already has an event setup there. I missed the meeting because of family dinner lol but I have been talking to the owner.

matthewAPM
12-19-2008, 12:48 PM
^ make that ownerS

Elbow
12-19-2008, 12:49 PM
True

matthewAPM
12-19-2008, 12:50 PM
there is also a kart track being made

Tracy
12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Here is my thread.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37455311#post37455311

Tracy
12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah they have been "working on it" for years, hopefully it's done by next season...lol...because NASA already has an event setup there. I missed the meeting because of family dinner lol but I have been talking to the owner.

Yea, I think they were working on it for another location that didn't work out. It obviously takes a lot of time and money to get something like this pushed through.

The money they are asking for memberships isn't all that much for a lifetime membership that includes your family for free and is transferable.

civic95
12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
The money they are asking for memberships isn't all that much for a lifetime membership that includes your family for free and is transferable.

Yeah, but include $200 monthly dues, and daily use fees and it gets expensive quick. Then there's the uncertainty of them being in business for very long. Membership is NOT transferable. Guests cost $250, and they can only go twice a yr max. So they will need their own membership if they want to go more often.

If you look at a track like Taladega Gran Prix, it books about 90% of the year. They have either private events, or sanctioned events 10-15 days in a row most of the time before having a day off. I'd hate to pay that AMP membership, and only be able to use it once a month because of no open days, or nothing open on the few days my schedule allowed. I would love to have a track that close, that was cheaper than a trackday at Road Atlanta.

Tracy
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah, but include $200 monthly dues, and daily use fees and it gets expensive quick. Then there's the uncertainty of them being in business for very long. Membership is NOT transferable. Guests cost $250, and they can only go twice a yr max. So they will need their own membership if they want to go more often.

If you look at a track like Taladega Gran Prix, it books about 90% of the year. They have either private events, or sanctioned events 10-15 days in a row most of the time before having a day off. I'd hate to pay that AMP membership, and only be able to use it once a month because of no open days, or nothing open on the few days my schedule allowed. I would love to have a track that close, that was cheaper than a trackday at Road Atlanta.

Didn't hear anything about the daily or monthly fees (where did you hear this?) and I have been to all of the meetings and have all of the pamphlets. I also specifically asked about the transferability at one of the meetings (there is a fee, but it is still transferable). You can use the track 2 weekends out of the month and that doesn't include the week days that are available to you. It's also not comparable to Little Talledega because it is members only. No spectator events.

I don't work for them, so I can't be positive on any of this. I only "know" what I have read and listened to at the presentations. I also know that personally, I have spent well over $35k a YEAR to enter events and that doesn't include Dan's fees. That's why it seems like a good deal to me.

edit: Dan said there are other fees, but they are dynamic and depend on the level of membership you get.

The Yousef
12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Didn't hear anything about the daily or monthly fees (where did you hear this?) and I have been to all of the meetings and have all of the pamphlets. I also specifically asked about the transferability at one of the meetings (there is a fee, but it is still transferable). You can use the track 2 weekends out of the month and that doesn't include the week days that are available to you. It's also not comparable to Little Talledega because it is members only. No spectator events.

I don't work for them, so I can't be positive on any of this. I only "know" what I have read and listened to at the presentations. I also know that personally, I have spent well over $35k a YEAR to enter events and that doesn't include Dan's fees. That's why it seems like a good deal to me.

edit: Dan said there are other fees, but they are dynamic and depend on the level of membership you get.

f00k j00?

Elbow
12-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah I think the types of memberships they are selling won't be hard to sell at all really when it gets set in stone, there are other "racing country club" type tracks popping up that do pretty well from what I hear?

civic95
12-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Didn't hear anything about the daily or monthly fees (where did you hear this?)

It's posted above, and I got it right off of their website.

If NASA is already planning events there, it looks like it's going beyond memberships. Most groups like NASA plan their events on the weekend, so I wonder how you get 2 weekends a month. Does that mean all 100+ members have the same 2 weekends reserved for them every month, and the rest are open for something else?

I know it's a really expensive venture (10's of millions), and I hope something comes of it.

Tracy
12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
It's posted above, and I got it right off of their website.

I edited my post :)

If NASA is already planning events there, it looks like it's going beyond memberships. Most groups like NASA plan their events on the weekend, so I wonder how you get 2 weekends a month. Does that mean all 100+ members have the same 2 weekends reserved for them every month, and the rest are open for something else?

It was stated over and over that it is not a spectator facility a the meetings. Members only. It was a main point. A NASA guy was there speaking on their behalf, but I think it was just in support. I really can't say, but I stood up and asked about the weekends during the Q&A session. That's what they told me.

You know what. I should maybe just e-mail some of these questions over to him and see what he says. That way we will all know for sure. I'll just copy and paste to him.

Like I said, I don't work fr them or anything, so I don't know for sure all of the answers and even if I did – things change at the speed of light! I am just trying to absorb all of the info and support it if I can. Best case, it works out. Worst case, it doesn't and I wasted a little time hoping it would happen.

Tracy
12-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I posted Jeremy's response in the other thread. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37455311#post37455311

GGPIS3
12-27-2008, 01:02 PM
i recently read that the monthly due was dropped to $100. i also heard that you can get a membership for as low as 2000. the next meeting will be on jan. 15th. noise complaints seem to be the biggest concern at this point.