PDA

View Full Version : School tuition rant

dtmcnamara
12-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok so what the fuck is going on with the school system. I mean the economy is going down but tuition keeps going up.

I paid my tuition with literally the last of the money I have saved up. I am living off parts I sell of my car and the wii fits I am selling. Its sucks but you got to do what you got to do.

Well i get home today and in the mail is a bill from GPC. I am like ok I guess this is a receipt stating I have paid for my tuition. I open it up and its a bill for more money....WTF. I paid my tuition about 2 weeks ago so why is it more money?

I look at its an institution fee? WTF is a god damn institution fee? This is fucken insane. I figure all of my school is paid for and now I get another $50 bill for some bull shit fee?

i know its only $50 but its the fact that I already paid my tuition for school. If they decide to add some bullshit extra fee after the fact then I should not have to pay it.

I mean come on what the hell is another $50 per student gunna do jut raise the salaries of the school board people from $300,000 a year to $350,000

this is a bunch of bull shit and I feel that with the plummeting economy this is the last thing they should be raising the price of. I will be talking to financial aid tomorrow. They fucked me out of HOPE and now they are trying to get me to pay another $50 on top of the extra $200 that tuition has risen since I started school.

FUCK THEM.....Lets do what they did in Greece a few days ago, RIOT on the mother fuckers

K20Z1
12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Lets do it!

btw i'm on hope with a $1400 leftover from financial aids...

DrivenMind
12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I've been playing games with the Art Institute of Atlanta for months now. They over charged me for a semester I wasn't there, and then wanted the money anyway. Then they refunded the money, asked for it back, refunded it, and wanted a portion of it back again. The collection agency they sent to suck on my dick still hasn't gotten the message that the debts been taken care of.

Sure does make you want to look at other countries where the education is provided for free...

dtmcnamara
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
its extremely frustrating. I was told last year that I was not able to get hope. I talked to financial aid for almost 3 hours one day filling out FAFSA and everything and trying to see if there was any kind of aid available, and of course nothing.

Well i went to financial aid earlier this year and the lady was like why didnt you apply for HOPE last year and I told her what I did and that I was not able to get it because my evaluation period was not until 90 credit hours. she looked at me and was like you know they check at 30 60 and 90, not just 90?

I was like your kidding me, so I paid for the last 60 credit hours out of pocket and I could have had HOPE and she was like ya, sorry. Well now that I am at 90 credit hours I finally get to apply for HOPE, but it will only pay for up to like 120 hours, so I guess I cannot be greedy and say I ONLY get it for 30 credit hours.

but fuck I could have had it for 90 hours but these dumb fucks cannot get anything straight.

any they wonder why kids go into school and shoot up the faculty....dumb fucken overpaid POS dick suckers....

redrumracer
12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
tuition guarantee ftw

K20Z1
12-18-2008, 06:53 PM
damn that sucks man

Tracy
12-18-2008, 06:53 PM
i'm in for the riot. Just LMK.

Leadfoot_mf
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
I've been playing games with the Art Institute of Atlanta for months now. They over charged me for a semester I wasn't there, and then wanted the money anyway. Then they refunded the money, asked for it back, refunded it, and wanted a portion of it back again. The collection agency they sent to suck on my dick still hasn't gotten the message that the debts been taken care of.

Sure does make you want to look at other countries where the education is provided for free...
well you get what you pay for.

03RCode
12-18-2008, 08:25 PM
I hear ya bro, tuition just went up for me, on top of my out of state I have to pay.

blazin'
12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
i'm in for the riot. Just LMK.

Same here. My scholarship is about to run out and I'll have to take out loans to pay tuition...and I've been paying for a new student center that I got to use for 1/2 a semester before I transferred.

Buttons
12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought georgia locked in tuition rates rates for the first four years?

I know every building besides the regular buildings have fees. the business college is making me pay a fee and i'm just a freshman. HOPE was supposed to pay for all of this, but evidently i still have to pay an extra $50, because there are so many FUCKING fees for the damn school.

my school lost 2.4 million dollars in funding. so you know what they do? they decide they want to build a POOL and charge an extra $124 a student next year... AND I'M LIKE WTF?

so messed up.

redrumracer
12-18-2008, 10:06 PM
I thought georgia locked in tuition rates rates for the first four years?
might not be for out of state

TypeRPersonality
12-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I got the same bill today. I also received $80 in parking lot violations this year. All these stupid fees are at least motivating me to get the hell out of GPC as soon as I can.

Btw, which campus do you go to?

4dmin
12-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Enjoy the low 50$ fee try paying 1600 a month for school for next 25 years

aguynamedpat
12-18-2008, 10:21 PM
FUCK GPC. That place is run by retards who know NOTHING and fuck people over. When I was there my adviser tried telling me that I needed to take classes that I did not need to take. Im glad I talked to my professors and looked it over myself, because I would have been fucked out of 6 credit hours.

Im extremely satisfied with the education and help I am getting at Gwinnett Tech. Professors have all been great, and my professor is my adviser so that really helps out a lot. He is able to do whatever he needs to to fix issues for us, even if it is getting us into classes that are full because we have to have them.

The best move I made was NOT going back to GPC and going to Gwinnett Tech. I dont miss GPC and the bullshit parking tickets they gave you, not to mention the times I was late to class because parking was TERRIBLE.

Complete
12-18-2008, 10:28 PM
yeap same with the post above... after transferring from gpc to gwinnett tech everything was just easier.. and i think its cheaper too

redgst97
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
These are the fees you have to pay to begin your life...just wait until you are actually IN life....

87 Turbo II
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
SPSU isn't so bad about that. No offense but community college ftl.

aguynamedpat
12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
SPSU isn't so bad about that. No offense but community college ftl.

Please explain?

DevilryChild
12-19-2008, 11:26 AM
the larger Universities are a lot better about not giving you the run around, making sure you get aid, and not raising prices, you might want to look into transferring to GSU or something.

Tiff-O-Bitties
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Ok so what the fuck is going on with the school system. I mean the economy is going down but tuition keeps going up.

I paid my tuition with literally the last of the money I have saved up. I am living off parts I sell of my car and the wii fits I am selling. Its sucks but you got to do what you got to do.

Well i get home today and in the mail is a bill from GPC. I am like ok I guess this is a receipt stating I have paid for my tuition. I open it up and its a bill for more money....WTF. I paid my tuition about 2 weeks ago so why is it more money?

I look at its an institution fee? WTF is a god damn institution fee? This is fucken insane. I figure all of my school is paid for and now I get another $50 bill for some bull shit fee?

i know its only $50 but its the fact that I already paid my tuition for school. If they decide to add some bullshit extra fee after the fact then I should not have to pay it.

I mean come on what the hell is another $50 per student gunna do jut raise the salaries of the school board people from $300,000 a year to $350,000

this is a bunch of bull shit and I feel that with the plummeting economy this is the last thing they should be raising the price of. I will be talking to financial aid tomorrow. They fucked me out of HOPE and now they are trying to get me to pay another $50 on top of the extra $200 that tuition has risen since I started school.

FUCK THEM.....Lets do what they did in Greece a few days ago, RIOT on the mother fuckers

I got one too.. I know, it blows.

dtmcnamara
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I got the same bill today. I also received $80 in parking lot violations this year. All these stupid fees are at least motivating me to get the hell out of GPC as soon as I can.

Btw, which campus do you go to?
dunwoody

dtmcnamara
12-19-2008, 12:18 PM
well no riot...i went there and said that I was pissed about it and that its BS that I have to pay something they decided to add on after I paid...

she said I was not the only one and that it was for the renovations being done to the school....go figure.

It will be done the year after I leave...TO all who are going to GPC in the future. You owe me $150 for the next 3 semesters I will be paying it....

PAY ME NOW BITCHES!!!

MongolPup
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Have you considered selling your body to pay for school? I've heard it's quite a lucrative business.

redrumracer
12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Have you considered selling your body to pay for school? I've heard it's quite a lucrative business.
do tell more, i might sell my body just to make more money.