PDA

View Full Version : No Knock Sensor...

Romeo
12-17-2008, 11:57 PM
When i put in my new motor and trans the knock sensor's plug-in was broken from where the previous owner took out the old motor. the sensor is in the block, but not plugged in. the sensor was like $150 or so new and i didnt have the cash to put out on it, so i have a few questions. will this cause any problems? and will it make my car run any different? because i thought i remember hearing something about it maybe throwing your car into a "safe mode". but i dont remember exactly. thanks.:goodjob:

1SOL2NV
12-18-2008, 12:39 AM
yes youll tell if you dont have it plugged up it will make it run in safe mode and sputter ... jus chip the ecu or use a ecu that doesnt have knock maybe ?

STRteg
12-18-2008, 12:54 AM
yes youll tell if you dont have it plugged up it will make it run in safe mode and sputter ... jus chip the ecu or use a ecu that doesnt have knock maybe ?

Yeah but to go with another ecu is best cheaper than chipping in most cases if you can do the hunting for the one you want

Romeo
12-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the help guys. but i'm having the problem with my prelude. which i'm running an h23. what other ecu choice do i have?

southside
12-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the help guys. but i'm having the problem with my prelude. which i'm running an h23. what other ecu choice do i have?p28 believe you have to cross some wires to run it in a lude or you can take it to someone that tunes and get them to disable the knock

Boostedek
12-18-2008, 04:34 PM
p28 does not look for knock sensor..

Jason..
12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
x2 The timing will keep changing and it will run like dooki.My S-10 did that.

Tech5
12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
It will run fine just wont hit vtec!
x2 The timing will keep changing and it will run like dooki.My S-10 did that.

Also If you want to Hit up Mr.Kidd and he can chip your ecu to bypass the knock sensor an it will be fine!

If you want to use a P28 you will need to chip/Map it to H22 Specs!

Now if your car is OBDII then you will not pass emissions this way!

I do have a Knock sensor
50 bucks lmk

Or I can fix yours lmk

MidLifeCrisis
12-18-2008, 07:25 PM
i might have a knock sensor you can get for cheap... ill check the shop tommorrow..