PDA

View Full Version : Help uh Brudda Out!!

Dr.G35
12-17-2008, 08:47 AM
*Look past the paragraph for spark notes on this thread*

So I was dickin around on the internet and stumbled upon carsponsorships.com and I was thinkin, " Why the hell not?" Well it got to the part where it asked for my credit card number and I was like, "Woah!" :eek: it must be a scam so I just exited out of it. Well this morning at 9:15 I get a call from an area code in florida and I was thinkin, "Oh shit its my uncle Greg wassup!" Well I answer the phone and its phukin rep for carsponsorships.com saying that he read my shit and that I was a "very good candidate" for sponsorships. So he asked me what my dream was for the car, and I told him that I wanted it for more show than go but no bodykits or some funky ass graphics all over the car and I wanted a little extra horspower under the hood (ofcourse). So he said that they can make my "dream" come true and that he approved me to talk to the sponsorship approver. Well 2 minutes go by and finally this guy picks up and said that he was looking at the "portfolio" the the previous person had made up for me and that he approved me for 33 sponsorships and all that I have to do pay an annual fee of $99.00. So right after he says that he ask me how I will be paying for it, visa or mastercard, and I was like aww shit theres the catcher, its a muh-phukin scam :no: So I told him that I would have to contact him back that I was going Christmas shopping and that I would have to see where I sat financially (stalling for time). So IA what is up with carsponsorships.com thing?

*Spark notes*
-Messin around on internet, found carsponsorships
-Filled out thingy until I saw credit card number, exited window
-Is this a scam?
-They called me this morning
-They approved me for 33 sponsorships
-They want 99 dollars to start my sponsorship
-I've never done a sponsorship
-Is this a scam?
-They seem tooooo excited
-Is this a scam?

Sport1.3
12-17-2008, 08:57 AM
lol sponsorships shouldnt cost you money

Slow Motion
12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Sponsorships shouldn't cost you money.

Brown Man
12-17-2008, 09:49 AM
^^^ wat they said

DeeAOne
12-17-2008, 09:53 AM
good move. if you would have went through with it your car would have probably been on the repo list shortly after when all your money is gone. lol

TheGodfather
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-6375.html

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/dodge-tech/282591-carsponsorships-com.html

I found those two threads while searching. Good luck man.

jonathanjone
12-17-2008, 12:34 PM
its not an annual fee... or a sponsorship fee... its an agency fee.... but i did the same thing lol. clicked out at the credit card window. but they have called 3 times so far. i just tell them i dont got the money lol. i hear from both sides, on one hand i hear its a scam, on the other i hear they do send you stuff.. but its generally retarded stuff. like carbon fiber liscense plate screws?!?! but i got on aem's website and they do say that they sponsor through carsponsorships.com so they have some credit there.... and they are workin with universal studios for the f&f 4 movie so idk. do it and let us know lol

TheGodfather
12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
^ Yep.

From what I've read people are mad because basically they just end up getting you some stickers and BS. Not everything they make it out to be.