PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Weird things about your car.

MINI
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Post things you think are weird about your car.

Mine, 2004 Mini Cooper

-The hood release is located on the passenger's side, the hood latch is located on the driver's side. wtf?

-Sometimes when I shut my door, my speedometer needle ticks violently until i open the door again.

-You have to pull my door handle twice to open it from the inside. Once to unlock and the other to open. (People just try to rip it off.)

-This weird "bing bing bing" noise alerts me when it is 37 degrees. (37? wtf?)

Brits :screwy:

K20Z1
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
2005 rsx-s
retarded piece of plastic in the middle of rear seats

man
12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
87 rx7- too many to list

MINI
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
87 rx7- too many to list

Some of the weirdest would be....?

OneSlow5pt0
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
no glovebox or cupholder

Elbow
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Metal bushings makes my car squeak.

Seam welding makes my car creek.

My speedomoter shoots around when driving like in 20mph intervals. If a cop asks how fast I was going in a 50, I will reply between 50 and 70

MINI
12-16-2008, 08:53 PM

My speedomoter shoots around when driving like in 20mph intervals. If a cop asks how fast I was going in a 50, I will reply between 50 and 70

I lol'd about the speedometer

Me86Rob
12-16-2008, 09:12 PM
my doorhandle is the same. twice to open it.
sometimes when i open my door, my "bitchin betty" will tell me i have low fuel.
my alarm is way to sensitive, and if the alarm does its warning churp itll automatically set off the alarm.
my lowbeams shine farther out than my high beams
my rear window defroster fills the car with smoke

MINI
12-16-2008, 09:27 PM
my doorhandle is the same. twice to open it.
sometimes when i open my door, my "bitchin betty" will tell me i have low fuel.
my alarm is way to sensitive, and if the alarm does its warning churp itll automatically set off the alarm.
my lowbeams shine farther out than my high beams

:eek:

Fuckin awesome, a fog machine.

jk :D

Atlblkz06
12-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Yea my car gives me a freeze warning too, not sure what I'm supposed to do about it. It does at ~35F.

Weird... in 4th gear the rpm and speed gauge go up at pretty much the same speed lol.

pankopp
12-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I've got the freeze warning that comes on at 39F and my auto rain sensing wipers will sometime keep running even when turned to completely off.

EJ25RUN
12-16-2008, 10:07 PM
06 Impreza

Factory boost gauge blocks view of outside temp and low gas light.

Alan®
12-16-2008, 10:18 PM
06 Impreza

Factory boost gauge blocks view of outside temp and low gas light.
i thought imprezza's didnt come with boost gauges

SandM
12-16-2008, 10:19 PM
2001 honda s2000
-windshield wiper motor makes the same noise as the blinker at low speed

jdm>usdm
12-16-2008, 10:27 PM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Damn.lol

teh_mugen18
12-16-2008, 10:29 PM
'90 honda integra;

-Child lock is still on the rear right door, and won't come off no matter what you do with the switch...
-after taking the car to the shop to have ignition timing fixed, the dashboard caught a short and kept breaking a fuse which caused the dash to randomly shut off all the gauges and clock and blinkers. it was a P.I.T.A.....lol

Thighs
12-16-2008, 10:35 PM
my car randomly will take a good 30 seconds to start.
none of the dash lights work at all.
the tach fuse blows every time i replace it, no matter what.
thermostat is stuck open, so i might as well not have a heater at all.
if i turn the car off, the tail lights stay on but the headlights turn off.

im sure theres a few more, but i cant recall them ATM.

jdm>usdm
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I am able to tell whenever the fuse blows that operates the very side corners of my blinkers because my interior lights wont turn on.

yogi08
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
76 suburban - no working speedo
03 senota - clock resets randomly
86 crown vic - ac pump is full and still wont blow cold air

EJ25RUN
12-16-2008, 10:53 PM
i thought imprezza's didnt come with boost gauges

I should have called it the dealer installed when new boost guage.

jfman
12-17-2008, 01:25 AM
2000 M5 - $75k MSRP window sticker in the glovebox = No Fucking Spare tire and no spot to put one.

jfman
12-17-2008, 01:28 AM
-You have to pull my door handle twice to open it from the inside. Once to unlock and the other to open. (People just try to rip it off.)

My car is the same way. I guess it's a safety thing so that your passengers dont open the door while the car is running.

-This weird "bing bing bing" noise alerts me when it is 37 degrees. (37? wtf?)

That's a good feature, my car has it too. Your car telling you that the roads may be icy. :goodjob:

Brits :screwy:

Your car is a BMW, not british.

toxxxic
12-17-2008, 01:42 AM
93 del sol... hmm

the seals leak. i have replaced them 438729 times. still leaks.
my heater knob doesnt work. so the blower is stuck on 3
the water squirters on my hood dont work. the motor goes, but there is nothing hooked up to the water squirters...
the radio doesnt work but it plays cd's
that's all i can think of right now

oh & it has a defense mechanism. whenever i let someone drive my car ... if they try & catch second... the shift knob flies off and usually hits them in the head =)

Crazy Asian
12-17-2008, 01:57 AM
00 Honda Accord. The car has rattle issue in the tweeters. Headlights dim on and out. Leather seats is like rocks.

Sentra
12-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Nissan Sentra......

Its a Sentra....
and a Nissan....

cactusEG
12-17-2008, 09:57 AM
1. some times the rear speakers stop working.
2.the CD player dosnt turn off when the car is turned off.
4.Cup holders are small as fuck ! not even worth having any !

Atlblkz06
12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Oh I've got one..

The rear hatch is impossible to close without slamming shut because its HUGE, and the air pressure inside the car will keep you from closing it fully.

If someone is inside the car, I ask them to crack open the window so I don't kill their ears with the air pressure lol. They removed the power pull-down mechanism to "save weight"...

antiv6
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
The button to pop the trunk in my car is in the glove box. Whoever came up with that idea needs to be fired.

04sleepa
12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
2004 civic...
when put on my left signal excessive vtak pops and slams me into the back seat. lol

Ran
12-17-2008, 02:37 PM
08 Mustang GT

- No trunk release except on the FOB. You either hit the FOB button, or you don't use the trunk. lol
- Tire Pressure warning light comes on in cold weather for no reason. Annoying as hell.
- Low Fuel warning light beeps about every 10 minutes when you have 50 miles or less on the tank. Also annoying as hell.

MINI
12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
My car is the same way. I guess it's a safety thing so that your passengers dont open the door while the car is running.

That's a good feature, my car has it too. Your car telling you that the roads may be icy. :goodjob:

Your car is a BMW, not british.

My car is made in Oxford, England.

MINI
12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh I've got one..

The rear hatch is impossible to close without slamming shut because its HUGE, and the air pressure inside the car will keep you from closing it fully.

If someone is inside the car, I ask them to crack open the window so I don't kill their ears with the air pressure lol. They removed the power pull-down mechanism to "save weight"...

Whoa! thats not good! If its so air tight then the car will be filled with carbon dioxide from your lungs and youll fall asleep and wreck. Happened with the old beetles, they could float too.

fivex684
12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
A snow flake lights up in my gauge cluster when its cold outside.
Fuel Gauge reads in gallons, no E and F. 18/12/6/2
The cup holders slide out from the arm rest which covers up the window and mirror controls. Worst fucking idea ever.
Also no trunk release inside the car which some people find weird (I don't).

Atlblkz06
12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Whoa! thats not good! If its so air tight then the car will be filled with carbon dioxide from your lungs and youll fall asleep and wreck. Happened with the old beetles, they could float too.

Well I was exaggerating a little bit but its not too far from the truth. You bring up a good point though.

Anytime I drive long distances I always put it on fresh air. And every hour or so I'll put 2 of the windows down all the way for a few seconds - just to get some change. It really helps you stay awake and aware, especially when its cold outside.

Motivation
12-17-2008, 05:47 PM
DSM...... Enough said...

mirz833
12-17-2008, 05:55 PM
del sol no trunk release :thinking:

BlkCD5
12-17-2008, 06:03 PM
95 Accord

- only one windshield washer squirter works
- whenever i push in the clutch or brake pedal, i hear a weird beeping sound
- during the summer the a/c would stop working completely when my gf was in the car. When she left, it would work :screwy:

- on startup, car makes a weird errr type noise (abs system?)
- occasional hyperblinker from right turn signal
- birds like to hover over and shit on the car just after i washed it

JITB
12-17-2008, 06:26 PM
1992 Mazda 929

No cup holder

No Glove box

16 yr old suspension

Gas tank over the rear axle, that makes the trunk ultra small

Blown rear brake bulb warning light

Airbag light.. flashes when i hit a bump

frameless windows.... need tint people always looking at me!!!!!

Solar Panel on the Sunroof, for the summer to power fans in the trunk, to pull hot air out of the car! AND IT STILL WORKS! lol

southside
12-17-2008, 06:36 PM
My car runs fine with check light on but when it goes off is when it runs crappy

Nissan Sean
12-17-2008, 06:50 PM
350Z:

the one touch window button requires touching it twice,
the rear hatch struts suck when its cold out side..they wont hold the hatch open,
when my car tells me im out of fuel i still have 4 gallons left( 4 gal reserve tank.) lol.
theres no glove box in the front of the interior. but a crap load of cubbies behind the seats..
there are 2 cup holders in my arm rest compartment.. utterly useless.

quickdodge®
12-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Hood release is located under dash...in the center.

The radio knobs are backwards. The VOLUME/ON/OFF knob is on the passenger side of the radio and the TUNE knob is on the driver side.

AC equipped CVCCs (mine included) did NOT come with a glove compartment. In it's place was a panel filled with vents (about 8 of them).

The antenna is located on the passenger side roof.

The reason for the radio, hood release latch and antenna is because the car was made in Japan where they sit on the right side of the car. Everything was made to be accessible to them. The hood release was in the middle to make some sort of convenience to people that drove/drive on the left side of the car. Later, QDD.

K20Z1
12-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Hood release is located under dash...in the center.

The radio knobs are backwards. The VOLUME/ON/OFF knob is on the passenger side of the radio and the TUNE knob is on the driver side.

AC equipped CVCCs (mine included) did NOT come with a glove compartment. In it's place was a panel filled with vents (about 8 of them).

The antenna is located on the passenger side roof.

The reason for the radio, hood release latch and antenna is because the car was made in Japan where they sit on the right side of the car. Everything was made to be accessible to them. The hood release was in the middle to make some sort of convenience to people that drove/drive on the left side of the car. Later, QDD.

jdm, lol

MINI
12-17-2008, 08:04 PM
On yeah and my window switches and door locking switches are one the dash right below my headunit.

Along with the mirror adjustment control between the shifter and the e-brake.

jfman
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM
My car is made in Oxford, England.

It's engineered, built and sold by bmw. It's a german car made in britain woopteedoo.

redrumracer
12-17-2008, 08:56 PM
99 miata, sometimes have to jiggle the connector on the the coil packs to get them working correctly.(2 known cases of that). also ever since i changed crystal in the ecu it takes a sec before you can go full throttle.

MINI
12-17-2008, 09:04 PM
It's engineered, built and sold by bmw. It's a german car made in britain woopteedoo.

Yeah, thats why the union jack is put all over them. And Mini broke away from BMW.

Either way its a European car and thats all that matters :goodjob:

Atlblkz06
12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, thats why the union jack is put all over them. And Mini broke away from BMW.

Either way its a European car and thats all that matters :goodjob:

I'm sure European car makers will find your comment highly offensive.
Heey, no oil leak - I guess its not British! :lmfao:

thegreatfnr
12-18-2008, 12:08 PM
My saab has a ton of weird things, to start off with the ignition is in the center console. They say its so if you get in a head on collision you dont slam your knee into it. I dont know how many times ive seen people try and stick the key into the side of the steering column. Also the car has to be in reverse to remove the key.

Its got the "night panel" button. You hit the button and all the lights on the dash including all of your gauges go black and turn off except for the speedo from 0-90. Suppose to be easier on the eyes at night but I dont ever use that isht.

Its also got pockets on the front of the seats under your legs that i didnt know were there till 7 months after I had been driving the car.

Deke
12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
$75k MSRP window sticker
:jerkit:

2003 WRX

-It's only happened a couple of times but the volume on my stock radio has turned up by itself.

-There's a catalytic converter in the stock uppipe

UpSideDownDesi
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
02 WRX
-ocasionally 3 wheeling around town on corners that are not leveled properly, hence cause a 1 wheel burn out (also every time i pull out of my sloped driveway at an angle).

-Fires at will

RX-7
No cup holder

Atlblkz06
12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
02 WRX
-ocasionally 3 wheeling around town on corners that are not leveled properly, hence cause a 1 wheel burn out (also every time i pull out of my sloped driveway at an angle).

Does it still do that? It shouldn't, now that you actually have a working suspension.
:lmfao:

Z0_o6
12-18-2008, 04:20 PM
04 STi-

has a pocket on the left side of the dash that, unless you were looking for it, would be completely unknown for months.

will chirp tires around corners if DCCD is locked, like a 4wd truck.

has a user-changeable shift light/beep from the factory.

has peanut-butter stiffness shifter bushings from the factory.

Nerdsrock22
12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
My saab has a ton of weird things, to start off with the ignition is in the center console. They say its so if you get in a head on collision you dont slam your knee into it. I dont know how many times ive seen people try and stick the key into the side of the steering column. Also the car has to be in reverse to remove the key.

Its got the "night panel" button. You hit the button and all the lights on the dash including all of your gauges go black and turn off except for the speedo from 0-90. Suppose to be easier on the eyes at night but I dont ever use that isht.

Its also got pockets on the front of the seats under your legs that i didnt know were there till 7 months after I had been driving the car.

Dang I miss my Saab. Always made valet parking a hoot.

The Fit is much too normal.

UpSideDownDesi
12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Does it still do that? It shouldn't, now that you actually have a working suspension.
:lmfao:
yup stiff as a mofo

Atlblkz06
12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
My saab

You said plenty right there :lmfao:

Nateds16
12-18-2008, 10:53 PM
95 del sol what to put first right window leaks um trunk leaks the radio doesnt play cds but plays a ipod um when i was driving it back from az one of the ac buttoms poped off and hit my cuz in the eye and he cried i and my car smells like hot wings dont know why i just smoke in the car

okra1981
12-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Too much weight in the glove box makes it fall open, a little weight makes it rattle all of the time. I also used to have an s10 Blazer which the windshield wipers would stop working if I used the cruise control, I think I fixed it when I broke the hazard light switch and had to replace the whole mechanism for that control.

ducky1177
12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
92 integra

it is 1:00 24/7
wont reset or anything

gas needle will not make it to full...never

The Yousef
12-18-2008, 11:50 PM
2008 VW GTI
-if it gets to 39 degrees outside the car will beep and it will show up the Multifunction Display on the gauge cluster...you have to press 'ok' button the steering wheel to make it go away

-if it gets 32 degrees it will beep etc

-if it gets 29 degrees it will beep etc

-not really my car per se...but my tires absolutely do not work when they're cold (michelin PS2s)...i found that out the hard way...lol

-sounds like a diesel at idle

-wipers slow down when you come to a complete stop (actually kinda cool)

-rear wiper turns on when you put the car in reverse (and the front wipers are activated)

-USDM models don't have parking lots (need to buy a euro light switch and enable the option via VAGCOM)

-Foglights turn off when highbeams are activated

-brakes pedal too squishy

-has 2 little red LEDs near the sunroof button that shines down and lights up the center console in a cool pale red light

-has a 'phone' button on the steering wheel...but the USDM cars does not have the bluetooth phone enabled option :rant:

-supposedly in the UK one could order a mechanical LSD for the car... :rant: :2up:

-if you're on West Paces Ferry and your name is JM (pure JDM) and you are happening to drive a black 08 VW GTI you know you can do a nice standing burnout in middle of the road... :burnout: :lmao:

and last but not least...

-don't have the traction in the following gears (1-3)...

Homer Simpson
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
2004 s2000

Hidden compartment :ninja:

Half-a$$ cup holders that don't hold cups and are in the worst spot EVER! (can't shift if you have a cup.)

Passenger weather stripping keeps moving out of place and I have to push it back.

Doors can't be locked nor unlocked from the inside sometimes...

Oh, and crazy leakage from the windows when it rains...better have a towel ready....

The Yousef
12-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Doors can't be locked nor unlocked from the inside sometimes...

yeah my old Prelude had the same problem...

Andy_013
12-19-2008, 12:27 AM
99 civic

driver side door can't be locked from the inside
my driver side window is faster to go up than my passenger

STRteg
12-19-2008, 01:22 AM
2001 Integra

-My passenger front turn signal light assembly is loose and no matter what i do cant get it to not wiggle

-the weatherstripping on the inside top corner of driver side door is ripped

-Super glue marks from previous owner on dash

-Dirty carpet

-Rip in left side of driver seat on the side

-Missing little C clips so my back seats are not mounted properly and sit at an angle and when people use the back seat it pushes the screws out of trunk cover

-Plastic fitting/housing for ashtray hanging off dont know why,and the light doesnt work my ashtray

-Front hood weatherstripping am either missing the little black billets that fasten it to the underside of hood or the ones that are there are missing two popping pieces from sides so weatherstripping is all off set

-The plastic piece that goes under the driver door side is popped up in corner

-Rear defrost light bulb doesnt work

-Corner of driver side of dash creaks when driving

-Driver side seat squeaks

-Center console lid is missing one side to the little plastic pieces that help it close and stay closed so its loose and moves

-Cant get cd player to stay mounted properly

-Power trunk switch on bottom end of hatch just humms and makes noises doesnt release lock i have to use key and car has no trunk switch or button

lots more just cant think of them right now

amandDA
12-19-2008, 01:25 AM

lmfao!:lmfao:

04sleepa
12-19-2008, 03:05 AM

ever try pulling the handle on the inside while pushing the switch or lock down??....like you have to do in every other civic ive ever been in lol

Atlblkz06
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
ever try pulling the handle on the inside while pushing the switch or lock down??....like you have to do in every other civic ive ever been in lol

Yep - this is to keep you from locking yourself out. However it doesnt work on German cars. With the older models (Mark II Jetta) you have to lock the car from the outside with the key.

RWD164
12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Volvo 164

Hugely agressive cam so... No power until 3000RPM
Once, power kicks you in the chest can light up the wheels in 3rd

runied trailing arm bushings, so rear end steps around quickly

parts of the interior have been burned by sereral fires in the cars 34 year past

on the highway the passenger seat, when unoccupied, vibrates itself horizontal after about 60 miles

back up lights don't work

have to fill gas tank for inside trunk
gas tank is from an Alfa Romeo spider, not Volvo

Carbs are off a boat

windshield wipers don;t park when shut off

glove box lock is off a desk drawer

windshiled leaks like a seive

There are some things I am sure I have missed, but I have learned to live with them

BoxOn20s
12-19-2008, 11:43 PM
04 Element - a-pillars create a huge blindspot, front doors close super quiet but the rear doors close like a gym locker, rear axles are no thicker than a sharpee pen but the driver side costs $675 and the passenger side costs $456 to replace.

05 TL - everytime a bulb burns out in the dash and I fix it, another goes bad just as I put the last trim piece back in.

02ws6
12-20-2008, 01:30 AM
2002 Trans AM

- Turn signals aren't working
- when pressing the button for lumbar support on drivers seat it adjusts the passenger seat instead :???:
- drivers window doesn't work right now

REDEVO777
12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
93 CIVIC HB WIPERS TURN ON IN SPEEDS OF 120+ LOL
NEED TO REPLACE THE WIPER SWITCH

MINI
12-20-2008, 09:35 AM
The Volvo 164......wow

REDEVO777
12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
X2

driftORdrag
12-20-2008, 05:12 PM
95 240sx

-no cupholders
-trunk space? whats that
-backseats are useless for anything other then being the place i put my school books
-i have 3/4 tank of gas left after driving 5 miles from fillup
-people think my car is fast..lmao
-when the ac is on an annoying clicking noise is made behind the vents
-trunk rattles
-driver side window moves up faster then passenger side
-interior lights are dim
-random bulbs always blow
-the door pannel shell breaks meaning where i rest my elbow is caved in
-stuff always breaks
-my car is not an SE but has ABS and VLSD(i want 5-lugs, fogs, and a sunroof)

but i still love my nissan

Mad Mike
12-21-2008, 07:30 PM
90 CRX

water leak that I've been looking for 3 years and still can't figure out how it fills my spare tire well.
no cup holders
crazy annoying rattle from the dash that I cant find
cluster lights go off when ever they want
sun roof will pop up but not slid back when its cold and works fine when its warm
drivers side window is hard to role up
passenger door is hard to close and I can't figure out why

theirs tons more its a 18y/o Honda what can I say

green91
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
90 CRX

water leak that I've been looking for 3 years and still can't figure out how it

tail light gaskets. they all do it lol.

WalkS
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
1986 Shelby Charger
-Stupid long shift throw
-Torque steer
-bobble strut is worn out
-turbo lag, fun most of the time, unexpecting when I am not paying attention
-cluster vibrates
-turn single switch is broken
-sending unit is off, can't really tell when to fill up...
-horrible gas mileage

Mad Mike
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
tail light gaskets. they all do it lol.

siliconed them the first time it filled with water along with the windows and checked the hoses for the sun roof. Its weird. Its not that big of a deal anymore,

MINI
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Post things you think are weird about your car.

I think some of you are missing the point of this thread lol :D

08turb@x
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
my gas guage is either full or empty
and my bronco almost beat an mr2...weird
and if i hit the brakes to hard the back tires come off the ground

Ronsam2006
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
DSM...... Enough said...
QFT

Danzo
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
my gas guage is either full or empty
and my bronco almost beat an mr2...weird
and if i hit the brakes to hard the back tires come off the ground

Haha nice party trick eh?

4dmin
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
2009 GTI
* tps light sits on dash and won't allow you to use functions on cluster like stereo, mpg, etc... until you clear it by fixing tire pressure.

2002 C230 Kompresser
* can't open trunk from inside the car... that right the only place you can pop the trunk is from inside it; it also has a crazy electronic handle that only works when doors are unlocked

VTECking
12-30-2008, 02:06 PM
1995 GS-R
Heat shield will rub against catalytic converter at 3000-3500 rpm making a annoying rrrrawwwwwrrr noise.

Silvrmaxx
12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
01 Nissan Maxima AE:

-passenger side window goes up slower than drivers side
-motor that tilts the seat bottom on the drivers seat does not work with someone in the seat
-when you close one of the 2 front doors, the hood latch creeks
-foglights turn off when highbeams are on, of course
-left side of cluster lights used to shut off randomly (fixed)
-rear suspension squeaks constantly, more when its cold
-have been through 2 sets of HID's and am working on the 3rd now... but my gf's civic has no problems with the same brand
-car came with 16" spare and had factory 17's
-if you lock the drivers door and close it, it unlocks... hafta hold the handle then lock and shut it...(i know its supposed to be like that)
-aftermarket CAI's route right next to the block and dump out right behind the radiator/condenser (which is why i dont own one)

...maybe im just a picky bastard, but other than these peeves, the car is fucking fantastic... just about 9 years old and still under 100k

Kaiser
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
01 Nissan Maxima AE:

-passenger side window goes up slower than drivers side
-motor that tilts the seat bottom on the drivers seat does not work with someone in the seat
-when you close one of the 2 front doors, the hood latch creeks
-foglights turn off when highbeams are on, of course
-left side of cluster lights used to shut off randomly (fixed)
-rear suspension squeaks constantly, more when its cold
-have been through 2 sets of HID's and am working on the 3rd now... but my gf's civic has no problems with the same brand
-car came with 16" spare and had factory 17's
-if you lock the drivers door and close it, it unlocks... hafta hold the handle then lock and shut it...(i know its supposed to be like that)
-aftermarket CAI's route right next to the block and dump out right behind the radiator/condenser (which is why i dont own one)

...maybe im just a picky bastard, but other than these peeves, the car is fucking fantastic... just about 9 years old and still under 100k

Some points: The Foglights thing is a regulation requirement. Cars that come with properly wired foglights and seperate high/low beam bulbs do that. It's not weird or unique or a mistake or a wiring problem. There is a maximum number of lights that project light onto the road in front of you that a car can have on at one time, and that number is 4 bulbs. Now if your car is equipped with two-phase high/low beam bulbs you can have your high beams and your fogs on at once. There's another way to do it too, I've seen some seperate-bulb type cars that the brights have enough spread and projection that the low beams can be shut off entirely, and again fog lights can be on with brights. There are plenty of ways to re-wire the switch for your fog lights so that they don't cut off. The guys with big trucks and the stupid Hella off-road trail lamps that use them all the time as fog lights do it, so can you. Besides, very few cops in very few jurisdictions are going to care unless you're blinding people, in which case you have another problem anyways.

Silvrmaxx
12-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Yea I found a 'how to' for wiring the foglights up so that they come on independently of the headlights and stay on with high beams on the maxima forums... but I ran into other electrical problems with that... such as the car not shutting off if the lights were on, even when removing the key from the ignition... lol it was weird... but its all good now I got that figured that out

87 Turbo II
12-30-2008, 10:10 PM
83 Rx-7

There is a tiny removable "cubby" in my center console that has an electrical connection behind it, but no light bulb, Just a random wire, going to a plastic bin about the size to hold like 2 or 3 cassettes or something.

My key doesn't open the hatch, passenger door, nor does it lock either storage bin or the glove box. It ONLY works on the driver's side door and the ignition.

My rear break calipers both lack the "anti-rattle spring" but only the passenger one rattles even though both have new pads?

My bolt pattern is 4X110.

Sometimes only one headlight pops up then other other decides to randomly join the party in... well can be 10 seconds, can take 20 mins haha.

I have little tiny blue bulbs in my headlights under my main bulbs that I can't get to do anything. Low beams, hi-beams, turn signals.... nothing.

Oh sometimes when I turn on a blinker the radio turns off the "brake bulbs out" warning light comes on, and my tach and speedo both go to 0 until I turn off the blinker. But it only did this for 3 days then fixed itself and hasn't done it in months.

Kaiser
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
83 Rx-7

My key doesn't open the hatch, passenger door, nor does it lock either storage bin or the glove box. It ONLY works on the driver's side door and the ignition.

You has a Valet key.

Ferio4ya
01-01-2009, 02:57 PM
my car caught on fire! PERIOD

but its fixed now =-)

MR.EM1
01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
99 civic

my driver side window is faster to go up than my passenger

QFT.

takes 5 mins for mine to roll up:no:

atlxpat
01-01-2009, 05:05 PM
07 subaru wrx
1. my foglight switch is made by nissan

thats about it that i can think of

Theycall_Metue
01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
1. some times the rear speakers stop working.
2.the CD player dosnt turn off when the car is turned off.
4.Cup holders are small as fuck ! not even worth having any !

theres a lose wire for the speaker... it only turns on when it has a good connection, cd player dont turn off cause the remote wire isnt hooked up only the power wire is.

2000 eclipse gt
-cup holders are between the shifter and arm rest, so its a bitch to shift when having a drink in the cup holder
-my left blinker blinks faster than my right
-left tire spins first before my right does (no lsd, good axle )
-my hatch is too heavy so sometimes need to be open from the back with the key
-battery needs 2 grounds or the starter wont turn over
-driver's and passenger's door are heavier than the hatch

rbf
01-09-2009, 01:25 AM
[previous car] 1991 civic STD 4spd.

•Powerless

ava_Z32
01-12-2009, 04:02 PM
91 Z32
for the longest time i had the perfect amount of windshield washer fluid that the light would never come on unless i took a corner really, really hard. i used it as a scoreboard of sorts. :D

G.C
01-12-2009, 05:11 PM
BMW 850i

Press the button of instrument cluster and turn key to 'ON'. The gauges go back and forth. Self- Diagnostic of cluster

Flip headlight on and off couple of times and it cleans itself.

All window goes up over 90mph.

Me86Rob
01-12-2009, 06:11 PM
350Z:

the one touch window button requires touching it twice,
the rear hatch struts suck when its cold out side..they wont hold the hatch open,
when my car tells me im out of fuel i still have 4 gallons left( 4 gal reserve tank.) lol.
theres no glove box in the front of the interior. but a crap load of cubbies behind the seats..
there are 2 cup holders in my arm rest compartment.. utterly useless.

haha my Z31 does the same thing. 4gal reserve tank wtf. the fuel guage is empty, zero miles to empty, but it says i have 4 gallons left

MINI
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
BMW 850i

All window goes up over 90mph.

Thats pretty cool

civic gsr
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
te ***** needs new cars tose shits are old