PDA

View Full Version : YOU can now BLame BUSH

Hulud
09-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Bush Says He Takes Responsibility For Katrina Errors President Bush says Hurricane Katrina exposed "serious problems in the response capability at all levels of government."

MORE DETAILS: http://treets.wsbtv.com/svc/lnk.cfm?l=59672425&t=1

lol he takes responsibility
now no more arguing

uproot
09-13-2005, 11:17 AM
oh damn thats hardcore

dereksi
Of course he did. When your the boss you take responsibilty for what your employess do. Just as in any job.Doesnt mean shit.

Hulud
lol i was like wtf? when i got an email from the news saying that lol

Hulud
09-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Of course he did. When your the boss you take responsibilty for what your employess do. Just as in any job.Doesnt mean shit.
i know its just that everyone is bitching about whos fault the hurrican was so i thought this was funny

uproot
09-13-2005, 11:19 AM

well i would think that means hes a responsible boss then

uproot
09-13-2005, 11:19 AM
i know its just that everyone is bitching about whos fault the hurrican was so i thought this was funny

yeah no questions about it now

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 11:22 AM
yeah no questions about it now

Obviously.

Seriously, do you people think that's all there is to it?

Good god, no wonder you people vote for these douchebags over and over again.

B16a2 Civic
09-13-2005, 11:26 AM
damn dat nigga.

rolling_trip
09-13-2005, 11:27 AM
waiting for a "I told you so" from a certain person

uproot
09-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Obviously.

whos being serious

DANG!

Kristi
09-13-2005, 11:49 AM
i just got the breaking news email about it.

i don't think the fault is purely his and I see why he is taking responsibility, but i do think he is somewhat responsible. he did afterall appoint the idiot FEMA director - or ex director.

AznTraitor
09-13-2005, 12:01 PM

exactly. it's called responsibilty.

Hulud
09-13-2005, 12:33 PM
whos being serious

DANG!
:goodjob:

Bishop
09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Obviously.

Fucking retard

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Fucking retard

There's some intellectual fortitude for ya.

Jaimecbr900
09-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Everyone is trying to shift the blame to the highest person possible, Bush.

In an interview the other night, LA democrat senator (I forgot her name) was made to look like a jackass when she blindly was blaming Bush for everything although the interviewer (Mike Wallace) busted her each time. For example:

She was going on and on about how the FEDERAL gov't should've done this and that, but Mike Wallace pointed out how hundreds of CITY buses were left parked WAITING on the Hurricane that could've been used to evacuate all those people that DIDN'T have transportation. They had 2 whole days to do it and did nothing. Now they want to blame the FEDS, who are 1000 miles away, that THEY didn't get the people out in time. :rolleyes:

She also got busted by him when he told her that her Senator friends diverted money that the FEDERAL gov't had assigned for Levee upgrades to other things THEY thought were MORE important at the time. Yet that too is Bush's fault. :rolleyes:

Personally, even though its a tragic event and people lost their lives there, it's easy for everybody to FIND a reason to Bush hate just because they were Bush haters BEFORE this all happened in the first place. It's even come out now that LOUISIANA'S FEMA director and Gov. told the Feds to HOLD ON for like 2 days when the FEDS offered to help, while they "accessed" the damage first. The whole damn city is flooded, someone is asking if you need help, and you say "HOLD ON, let me check"???????? :jerkit:

Funny how people are quick to point the finger at Bush, yet looters were looting shoe stores and jewelry stores for their own gain, evacuees are now being found trading/selling/and misusing those $2k debit cards that were given out to help them, Local gov't in LA KNEW for decades their levees weren't going to hold a Cat 5 yet did nothing, etc, etc, etc.

Not one single person from the STATE level has stepped up and said, "I screwed up. This happened on MY watch. Now I am going to fix it". Not one. Yet they ALL want to point 1000 miles away to a man that had nothing to do with it. Whatever. I'm sick of people always blaming others instead of themselves first.

If they had told ME to get the hell out of dodge cause a Hurricane was coming and I chose to stay, that would be MY fault only. If I had no transportation, are you gonna pick up the phone and call the White House to send you somebody to help you or are you gonna pick up the phone and call LOCALLY?????

Darling Nikki
09-13-2005, 06:44 PM
^Amen...some of you others really talk out of you're ass!

JITB
09-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Everyone is trying to shift the blame to the highest person possible, Bush.

In an interview the other night, LA democrat senator (I forgot her name) was made to look like a jackass when she blindly was blaming Bush for everything although the interviewer (Mike Wallace) busted her each time. For example:

She was going on and on about how the FEDERAL gov't should've done this and that, but Mike Wallace pointed out how hundreds of CITY buses were left parked WAITING on the Hurricane that could've been used to evacuate all those people that DIDN'T have transportation. They had 2 whole days to do it and did nothing. Now they want to blame the FEDS, who are 1000 miles away, that THEY didn't get the people out in time. :rolleyes:

She also got busted by him when he told her that her Senator friends diverted money that the FEDERAL gov't had assigned for Levee upgrades to other things THEY thought were MORE important at the time. Yet that too is Bush's fault. :rolleyes:

Personally, even though its a tragic event and people lost their lives there, it's easy for everybody to FIND a reason to Bush hate just because they were Bush haters BEFORE this all happened in the first place. It's even come out now that LOUISIANA'S FEMA director and Gov. told the Feds to HOLD ON for like 2 days when the FEDS offered to help, while they "accessed" the damage first. The whole damn city is flooded, someone is asking if you need help, and you say "HOLD ON, let me check"???????? :jerkit:

Funny how people are quick to point the finger at Bush, yet looters were looting shoe stores and jewelry stores for their own gain, evacuees are now being found trading/selling/and misusing those $2k debit cards that were given out to help them, Local gov't in LA KNEW for decades their levees weren't going to hold a Cat 5 yet did nothing, etc, etc, etc.

Not one single person from the STATE level has stepped up and said, "I screwed up. This happened on MY watch. Now I am going to fix it". Not one. Yet they ALL want to point 1000 miles away to a man that had nothing to do with it. Whatever. I'm sick of people always blaming others instead of themselves first.

If they had told ME to get the hell out of dodge cause a Hurricane was coming and I chose to stay, that would be MY fault only. If I had no transportation, are you gonna pick up the phone and call the White House to send you somebody to help you or are you gonna pick up the phone and call LOCALLY?????

but , when you whole city is abo to be taken out. And u look for help, and they dont know what to do... what do u do?

Like a manger's store is losing money, and they look up to corporate for answers and corporate doesnt know what to do? what is the manager supposed to do?

JITB
09-13-2005, 06:49 PM
And the levee's was a joint projject betwen the federal government, and the state. I dont think theres Bush hate, there is bush questioning. Honestly if u cant look to yoru leader for answers there is obviously a problem. no matter who u voted for, ppl respect their leader, but as much bad stuff thats ogin on in the government right now. Its more than a coincidence. THe economyisnt gettin better, it hasnt gotten better. Has anything improved in the last 6 years?

dereksi
09-13-2005, 06:51 PM
If your told to leave and you CHOSE to ignore it what is Bush supposed to do?? Physically come and remove them froem there house?? Its a free country you have the right to chose and they choose wrong,there fault not his.

JITB
09-13-2005, 07:00 PM
If your told to leave and you CHOSE to ignore it what is Bush supposed to do?? Physically come and remove them froem there house?? Its a free country you have the right to chose and they choose wrong,there fault not his.

if your told to leave, and u CANT. nd u evacuate to a place thats supposed to be a safe refuge for them. Which is what ppl who couldnt evacuate were told where they should go by the STATE/GOVERNMENT. Im sure you know ppl that have no money, and live check to check.. and are barely making it as is and just cant get up and leave. Old ppl, handicapped etc. Soo ppl that couldnt leave deserved to be left behind to starve to death etc. Just b/c they told them to leave and they couldnt. Mind you, that the bad of this didnt ahppen until after the storm, when the levees broke. SO ppl were like its ok, than all of a sudden the flooding began.

dereksi
09-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Yea you gotta valid point.

Brett
09-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I think he took the blame because the pointing fingers is getting old, and everyone needs to focus on the issue at hand, and thats getting things done there. So he stands up, and says "Blame it on me, its my fault" this way people cant quit the finger pointing and get to work at getting NOL back again.

Remember Bush did declare the area a disaster area 2 days before the hurricane hit, which gave FEMA full authority to get the shit ready and stand by, So when it went through the forces were ready to roll in, Bush did his part, FEMA and the local government dropped the ball.

TranceDJ06
09-13-2005, 07:23 PM
FEMA sucked!..Lol, Someone else should have took control/or should have been ready to be in charge ASAP..Like the troops/army.

4dmin
09-13-2005, 07:52 PM
bahhhh this is best thread ever... i love how bush really wasn't bashed but all you bush supporters are in here trying to sugar coat the situation...

simple: if your employees fuck up and you are supposed to be the one in charge, who do the fingers get pointed at. exactly.

from the mayor to the white house there were fuckups, where was bush the first of the week this was happening??? vacation??? he admited they are at fault, so chalk it up and get over it. all you bitches were wrong - lol :lmao:

TIGERJC
09-13-2005, 08:40 PM
ever since he was elected for his second term, i have lost faith in the government and ppl. this is what u get when u vote in a jackass like him

Jordan_W
09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
the biggest bullshit about this is that.... the democrats are continuously blaming bush, so when he finally takes responsibility for, they still bitch and moan about it. He cannot do anything with out some hippy liberal douche having a problem with him....

TIGERJC
09-13-2005, 08:57 PM
he did act slow, he finally did the smartest thing admitted to it. i hope he could do the same for his other mistakes,

Jaimecbr900
09-13-2005, 09:28 PM
The levees may have been a Fed/Local thing, but it's been found out since all this went down that not only did ELECTED LOCAL officials (i.e. Senators and Governors) decided to DIVERT the FEDERAL money that was allocated for levees to "other" things. What those things are or were will soon be seen because now people are on that like white on rice. It'll soon come out I'm sure.

What I don't understand is that Bush was proven to have been turned away BY THE GOV of the state of Louisiana, yet HE is getting blamed for "dragging his feet"????? That's BS. He's the scape goat because other people screwed up and it's easier to point the finger at the guy on top than it is to admit they were wrong themselves.

The levees were NEVER designed to stand up to a Cat 5. EVERYBODY knew that, first and foremost the people of Louisiana. Let's put the dots together here: I live BELOW sea level already. The only thing keeping both SEA and a LAKE from drowning me are levees and canals. Neither is BUILT to stand up to a Cat 5 Hurricane. I KNOW this for...hmmmm.....DECADES, YET I still decide to STAY when they tell to get the hell out because a CAT. 5 IS COMING. The local gov't has HUNDREDS of STATE OWNED AND OPERATED buses that COULD get out THOUSANDS of people that CAN'T get out on their own, yet they PARK them up against those same levees that aren't gonna stand a chance instead of driving them around picking up those indigent people that later loot and burn down buildings because SNEAKERS are so important to have when you have NO HOME to go to...... :rolleyes:

All of THAT is Bush's fault?????? Whatever. People need to man up and quit using an escape goat. It is NOT the Gov't's responsability to MAKE you use your own brain. The local gov't in Louisiana had their finger up their butt for days and then suddenly when the shit hit the fan they started yelling and screaming to help and when that help wasn't instantaneous they complained. Bush took less time to send help than the local gov't did for themselves.

Jordan_W
09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
^^^^ very good points

Jaimecbr900
09-13-2005, 09:41 PM
if your told to leave, and u CANT. nd u evacuate to a place thats supposed to be a safe refuge for them. Which is what ppl who couldnt evacuate were told where they should go by the STATE/GOVERNMENT. Im sure you know ppl that have no money, and live check to check.. and are barely making it as is and just cant get up and leave. Old ppl, handicapped etc. Soo ppl that couldnt leave deserved to be left behind to starve to death etc. Just b/c they told them to leave and they couldnt. Mind you, that the bad of this didnt ahppen until after the storm, when the levees broke. SO ppl were like its ok, than all of a sudden the flooding began.

You're absolutely right, but why didn't the Governor or Mayor use those buses they PARKED up by the levees they KNEW wouldn't hold in the first place to evacuate all those people that couldn't evacuate for themselves???? The buses were parked and left, some with the keys in them (because the looters later took the ones that weren't flooded on joy rides), 2 whole days BEFORE the storm even hit which means they had a total of 4 to evacuate all those indigent people. 2 days before and the 2 days or so before the levees finally broke AFTER the storm.

Yet during those same 2 days AFTER the storm before the city was totally flooded and you could've gotten people out in those buses, they were too busy with their finger up their butt and whining about Bush come help me come help me. :rolleyes:

The interstate leading out of the city has like 6-8 lanes across (using both north and south bound at the same time) that could have been used going one way out of the city to evacuate. They didn't even do that. If you have a mandatory evacuation out of a city, why the hell do you need an open road coming INTO the city? Leave one freaking lane to let locals come home and use the rest to get people out. In all the pictures I've seen of the evacuation days before the storm hit, all the lanes leading out are bumper-to-bumper and the opposing side is totally deserted......how's that make sense?

I guess Bush shoulda gone down there and put on a reflective vest and directed traffic himself too....... :jerkit:

Local gov't dropped the ball point blank. This wasn't a terrorist attack the White house should've known about. It was a freaking Cat 5 Hurricane that had been being watched for more than a week from the time it formed thousands of miles away to the time it hit.

TIGERJC
09-13-2005, 11:45 PM
jaime i agree with u on most of your points. A lot of the blame goes to the state, mainly to the governor. put it like this, everyone dropped the ball on this and i hope thier heads roll. the thing is ppl know bush better than they know the LA government. so of course hegoing to get blame and plus this is the man who said he was the best person to protect the country. he said the U.S. was ready for this kind of stuff. need to remember why he is being blamed, 57% of americans dont belive him anymore because of the war in iraq, so if anything happens, fingers are going to be pointed in his direction.

JITB
09-14-2005, 07:11 AM
You're absolutely right, but why didn't the Governor or Mayor use those buses they PARKED up by the levees they KNEW wouldn't hold in the first place to evacuate all those people that couldn't evacuate for themselves???? The buses were parked and left, some with the keys in them (because the looters later took the ones that weren't flooded on joy rides), 2 whole days BEFORE the storm even hit which means they had a total of 4 to evacuate all those indigent people. 2 days before and the 2 days or so before the levees finally broke AFTER the storm.

Yet during those same 2 days AFTER the storm before the city was totally flooded and you could've gotten people out in those buses, they were too busy with their finger up their butt and whining about Bush come help me come help me. :rolleyes:

The interstate leading out of the city has like 6-8 lanes across (using both north and south bound at the same time) that could have been used going one way out of the city to evacuate. They didn't even do that. If you have a mandatory evacuation out of a city, why the hell do you need an open road coming INTO the city? Leave one freaking lane to let locals come home and use the rest to get people out. In all the pictures I've seen of the evacuation days before the storm hit, all the lanes leading out are bumper-to-bumper and the opposing side is totally deserted......how's that make sense?

I guess Bush shoulda gone down there and put on a reflective vest and directed traffic himself too....... :jerkit:

Local gov't dropped the ball point blank. This wasn't a terrorist attack the White house should've known about. It was a freaking Cat 5 Hurricane that had been being watched for more than a week from the time it formed thousands of miles away to the time it hit.

Whos gonan drive the buses? Half of the city left, they had buses / flights to leave N.O. I know this b/c my cousins left by plane and car form NO. But that fri most ppl sstarted leaving, and the city soemwhat shut down, and than the great escape began. About half of the ppl who stayed said the same thing... "They told us to go to the superdome and convention center and we will be safe" Well thousand s and thousands of ppl went, and what happen? No help,, ppl starving to death by the hudreds in the USA on TV? Cmon that shit doesnt happen in the US as cocky as it sounds, but its true.

You said it yourself:

"This wasn't a terrorist attack the White house should've known about. It was a freaking Cat 5 Hurricane that had been being watched for more than a week from the time it formed thousands of miles away to the time it hit."

Everything shoudl have been ready Cat 5 hurricanes are extrme natural disasters. And Natural Disasters are handled by FEMA, which is ran by the government. The governor was pissed, b/c they kept telling him help is coming but it nve came? Think about it we were watching on TV, ppl dieng starving begging for help for 3 days. Yes they were rescuing ppl from roofs, and etc. Monday they said "troops are coming" when did the troops come thursday. If you are in control of a country, and you see on TV, that thisiis happening you should be outraged. I dont know why u say they shouldnt take the blame, i mean when bush's own cabinet has a meeting with themselves to discuss what went wrong and how bad they handled the situation, there is a problem. Why must you all insist on acting like everyone could leave. all of a sudden your asked to get up and just go, go where? youve got nothin to began with, and barely paying rent as si, and now you have to just leave? Form my family members own mouth, they were told several places to ride out the storm, Superdome - COnvention Center - Hurricane Evac Center across the river and other random safe points, and help would be there after the storm......well luckily they didnt they had the funds to get out of there and get to houston with my aunt and other family. But look what happen to the ppl who did go and wait for help.

Do you honestly think the ppl begging and pleading for help , that thought lets not leave lets stay and loot..?

im still waiting to hear what has improved or not gotten worse in the US in the last 6 years? I ask that question as a open minded unbiased person

LaurenK
09-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Bush Says He Takes Responsibility For Katrina Errors President Bush says Hurricane Katrina exposed "serious problems in the response capability at all levels of government."

MORE DETAILS: http://treets.wsbtv.com/svc/lnk.cfm?l=59672425&t=1

lol he takes responsibility
now no more arguing

You are extrmemly ignorant...

SO WHAT! Any leader with a hint of character will claim responsibility for screw ups by those they manage! Those without character, like Bill and Hillary Clinton, blame their screw ups on subordinates!

Here are a FEW facts:

1. FEMA has never been a "first responder" in times of disaster or emergency. First responders have always been local or state agencies such as fire, rescue and police departments. FEMA is a bunch of MANAGERS whose job is to hand out money and coordinate other agencies. Jimmy Carter created FEMA via a Presidential Executive Order. I could easily argue that its authority is TOTALLY unconstitutional because it by passes congressional oversight! Every president since and including Carter has used FEMA to dole out tax money for the purpose of buying votes! Simply put, FEMA is a federal vote buying cash cow!

2. Louisiana and New Orleans have to be the most politically corrupt regions of our country! Of course its a democrap stronghold. Their thievery and ineptitude is legendary! For years they redirected or stole Billions of federal tax dollars meant to maintain and repair New Orleans Levees and provide for emergencies! Democraps claim Bush cut funding but that's a flat out lie!

3. A governor must formally request aid from federal agencies such as FEMA. To my knowledge, Louisiana's governor Blanco has never made a formal request other than to bitch, complain and cry on national TV! I understand Blanco refused initial help from numerous states, federal agencies and private interest. She wouldn't allow the Red Cross to enter New Orleans. She turned down a request from Amtrak to help evacuate people from New Orleans. She turned down initial offers of help from states such as Florida and Texas. When Bush initially offered help she said "I'll get back with you .." Did you know that Bush had to personally beg governor Blanco and mayor Nagin to give the evacuation order!

4. Mayor Nagin ignored his own evacuation plans! Once the evacuation order was given, their plan called for the use of every available means of transportation to evacuate citizens without personal transportation! That means school busses too! Other than announce the evacuation, he did nothing! Eventually the busses where made useless by the flood waters! I believe New Orleans had an evacuation drill less than a year ago so he can't claim he didn't know about the plan! Fortunately, a few people had the foresight to take matters in their own hands.
See http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/3334317

5. Democraps are without character and their isn't a single credible leader among them! What single act of leadership by Blanco or Nagin can compare to former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani after the Trade Towers fell on 9/11! I watched Blanco and Nagin bitch, wine, curse and debase our President on national TV. There has been a virtual parade of democraps on TV that have used this opportunity to demean Bush and berate the American people! These people are vile loathsome disgusting pathetic parasites! Many are simply useful idiots (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20030520.shtml) but others are the Fifth Column (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9034225)!

If the flooding of New Orleans hasn't already become the most costly U.S. natural disaster, it will be soon! For those who claim we're not doing enough to help them, they're either an idiot, a fool or a democrap! See http://www.detnews.com/2005/nation/0509/04/A01-303419.htm

In front of my house is a pot hole in the street, I guess I should blame Bush using the logic of democraps!

LaurenK
09-14-2005, 07:46 AM
This is what a LEADER does!
A leader doesn't shy away from responsibility!
A leader doesn't point fingers and blame others in times of crisis - even if it isn't their own fault.
A leader doesn't bitch, moan, cry, curse and pitch a hissy fit in the middle of a crisis.
A leader will not use a national disaster to his or her political benefit- at least not in the middle of the disaster.
A leader takes charge of the situation and presents themselves as a model of good behavior!
Can you identify one single democrap that acted like a LEADER? NO YOU CAN"T!

JITB
09-14-2005, 07:59 AM
WOW

so now after he admits fault and steps up to the plate. You all say thats what he is supposed to do. BUt last week it wasnt his responsibility to do so...at all

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.. im starting to see the mental connection with bush supporters and bush himself...maybe there really are just clueless?

4dmin
09-14-2005, 08:00 AM
A leader doesn't point fingers and blame others in times of crisis - even if it isn't their own fault.
A leader doesn't bitch, moan, cry, curse and pitch a hissy fit in the middle of a crisis.
A leader will not use a national disaster to his or her political benefit- at least not in the middle of the disaster.
A leader takes charge of the situation and presents themselves as a model of good behavior!

bahhh lauren go back to the girls forum :lmfao:

weren't you the one post up it wasn't Bush's fault now your in here defending him for taking blame... make up your mind.

ok lets play w/ your shit you've posted now:

"Leader doesn't shy away" WHERE WAS BUSH THE FIRST 3 DAYS? VACATION???

"Political benefit" REALLY.... HMM WOULDN'T THAT BE HIM TAKING BLAME SO HE WILL LOOK A LITTLE BETTER ON CAMERA, AND IF YOU WANT ME TO POST SOME PHOTOS FROM WHEN HE FIRST WENT DOWN THERE, I WILL... HE HAD TONS OF TIME TO STOP AND COMFORT PEOPLE IN NEED INFRONT OF THE CAMERA.

"Takes charge" hmm... day 4 he shows up :goodjob:

JITB
09-14-2005, 08:03 AM

i think the "democraps" just sit back and wait for the republicats to fuck up and try to smooth things over. Thats when the democraps come up with all the facts and bring them to the table...and than let the republicats dig there own grave filled with BullShit., cuz u know its good for the grass...lol

malfeas99
09-14-2005, 10:32 AM
There is a difference between admitting singular fault and accepting responsibility for what's going on.

Some of you seem to not be grasping this very easy, fundamental exercise in English.

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Whos gonan drive the buses? Half of the city left, they had buses / flights to leave N.O. I know this b/c my cousins left by plane and car form NO. But that fri most ppl sstarted leaving, and the city soemwhat shut down, and than the great escape began. About half of the ppl who stayed said the same thing... "They told us to go to the superdome and convention center and we will be safe" Well thousand s and thousands of ppl went, and what happen? No help,, ppl starving to death by the hudreds in the USA on TV? Cmon that shit doesnt happen in the US as cocky as it sounds, but its true.

#1 Whose buses are they? The LOCAL gov't's.
#2 Whose responsability is it to DRIVE the buses normally? The LOCAL gov't.
#3 Who SHOULD have made the decision to evacuate people they KNEW couldn't drive themselves out? The LOCAL gov't.
#4 Who had drivers enough to PUT the buses there in the first place (buses don't drive themselves to be parked)? The LOCAL gov't.
#5 FEMA only takes over AFTER LOCAL gov't ASKS them to take over. They are NOT supposed to be the primary defense system against natural disasters. If they were, then we wouldn't have LOCAL emergency management agencies in place that under NORMAL circumstances don't even call FEMA in when a tornado or other storm hits.

Everything shoudl have been ready Cat 5 hurricanes are extrme natural disasters.

You're exactly right. NEW ORLEANS should have been ready for a Cat. 5 Hurricane. THEY knew it was a possibility a Cat 5 Hurricane COULD eventually hit there. THEY knew that their system to keep water OUT of a city which is already UNDER sea level was NOT designed to hold up to a Cat.5. THEY also had atleast 2 days to evacuate people THEMSELVES which they are now blaming someone else for not doing.

And Natural Disasters are handled by FEMA, which is ran by the government.

Eventually, yes. In the beginning it is handled by the LOCAL emergency management people.

The governor was pissed, b/c they kept telling him help is coming but it nve came? Think about it we were watching on TV, ppl dieng starving begging for help for 3 days. Yes they were rescuing ppl from roofs, and etc. Monday they said "troops are coming" when did the troops come thursday. If you are in control of a country, and you see on TV, that thisiis happening you should be outraged. I dont know why u say they shouldnt take the blame, i mean when bush's own cabinet has a meeting with themselves to discuss what went wrong and how bad they handled the situation, there is a problem.

#1 It has been widely publicized and damn near confirmed by the Gov herself in an interview on National TV that President asked HER if she needed help 1 day after the storm hit, while levees were STILL holding and there wasn't widespread flooding just yet, and SHE said basically "let me get back to you".
#2 When SHE finally did get back to them, it was now a panic situation. Levees had broke, city was drowning, and now suddenly it's HIS fault for not coming a couple of days earlier. How's that work like that? He by LAW can't simply come in and take over when the LOCAL gov't in place and still under power is NOT letting him. That's how our Gov't works. If he had overruled HER and basically took over Louisiana, he would have been called a tirant. He did what the LAW in place told him he HAD to do and now suddenly he's getting blamed for not acting fast enough. The man can't win no matter what. That is the absolute description of an escape goat.

Why must you all insist on acting like everyone could leave. all of a sudden your asked to get up and just go, go where? youve got nothin to began with, and barely paying rent as si, and now you have to just leave? Form my family members own mouth, they were told several places to ride out the storm, Superdome - COnvention Center - Hurricane Evac Center across the river and other random safe points, and help would be there after the storm......well luckily they didnt they had the funds to get out of there and get to houston with my aunt and other family. But look what happen to the ppl who did go and wait for help.

The same place people are at NOW. Everywhere across the south in other states. Higher ground. Inland. Anywhere but where the water can get you.

I know it's not that easy. I know that it's impossible to evacuate 2 million people totally out of a city. I also know that they could've used quite a few resources they had readily available right then to of got many thousands of people out and avoided suffering. There are many people that couldn't fend for themselves that GOT to the Superdome. How'd they get there? The same way they got TO the Superdome, they should've been able to ride another 20 miles north out of harms way. The local gov't made a HUGE mistake in telling people to go to the Superdome and merely ride the storm out. Bush didn't tell them to go there, the Governor told them to go there. If SHE didn't have a plan for AFTER the storm, then SHE shouldn't of told them to go there.

My point is simple: I know that some people merely walked up to the Superdome AFTER the storm. Fine, I get that. But the vast majority that took refuge there didn't just walk up to the Superdome. Some couldn't even walk. How'd they get there? Why didn't they keep on trucking up the highway, while the highway was still passable, for another 50 miles inland? Why didn't the city, instead of parking the buses up near the levees they KNEW weren't gonna hold up, use their buses to drive evacuees further inland? Bush may have made a mistake or two, but the BIGGEST mistakes and the MOST mistakes were made at the LOCAL level before and after the storm hit. That's my point. The focus is being shifted to the Federal gov't now because they have the biggest spotlight.

Do you honestly think the ppl begging and pleading for help , that thought lets not leave lets stay and loot..?

No, I don't think people stayed TO loot, but I know that pictures don't lie too. Watching those same people that are one minute begging for help, while the very next minute they wade thru infested water to steal cart fulls of SHOES and Jewelry is also disheartening. I'm not cold hearted and am not going to stereotype. I have personally donated quite a bit thru my church, my business, and personally to contribute as much as I can to help the victims. But I also get upset when people take advantage of a situation too.

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Here are a FEW facts:

1. FEMA has never been a "first responder" in times of disaster or emergency. First responders have always been local or state agencies such as fire, rescue and police departments. FEMA is a bunch of MANAGERS whose job is to hand out money and coordinate other agencies. Jimmy Carter created FEMA via a Presidential Executive Order. I could easily argue that its authority is TOTALLY unconstitutional because it by passes congressional oversight! Every president since and including Carter has used FEMA to dole out tax money for the purpose of buying votes! Simply put, FEMA is a federal vote buying cash cow!

3. A governor must formally request aid from federal agencies such as FEMA. To my knowledge, Louisiana's governor Blanco has never made a formal request other than to bitch, complain and cry on national TV! I understand Blanco refused initial help from numerous states, federal agencies and private interest. She wouldn't allow the Red Cross to enter New Orleans. She turned down a request from Amtrak to help evacuate people from New Orleans. She turned down initial offers of help from states such as Florida and Texas. When Bush initially offered help she said "I'll get back with you .." Did you know that Bush had to personally beg governor Blanco and mayor Nagin to give the evacuation order!

4. Mayor Nagin ignored his own evacuation plans! Once the evacuation order was given, their plan called for the use of every available means of transportation to evacuate citizens without personal transportation! That means school busses too! Other than announce the evacuation, he did nothing! Eventually the busses where made useless by the flood waters! I believe New Orleans had an evacuation drill less than a year ago so he can't claim he didn't know about the plan! Fortunately, a few people had the foresight to take matters in their own hands.

Great Job Lauren! :goodjob:

I've been saying this since the beginning myself.

How come all the Bush haters don't address these 3 points above? Start there and see if the finger pointing still goes up to Washington or it mostly stays in Baton Rouge?????? :rolleyes:

JITB
09-14-2005, 06:29 PM
#1 Whose buses are they? The LOCAL gov't's.
#2 Whose responsability is it to DRIVE the buses normally? The LOCAL gov't.
#3 Who SHOULD have made the decision to evacuate people they KNEW couldn't drive themselves out? The LOCAL gov't.
#4 Who had drivers enough to PUT the buses there in the first place (buses don't drive themselves to be parked)? The LOCAL gov't.
#5 FEMA only takes over AFTER LOCAL gov't ASKS them to take over. They are NOT supposed to be the primary defense system against natural disasters. If they were, then we wouldn't have LOCAL emergency management agencies in place that under NORMAL circumstances don't even call FEMA in when a tornado or other storm hits.

how do u get anyone to drive when the whole city is evacuated? Since when do local emergency crew stand alone against natural disasters, especailly when there was atleast 2 weeks notice like you said yourself. There was plenty of warning like u said, everyone knew what it was gonna do, LIKE U SAID.. Sooo why couldnt FEMA get their shit together and get prepared. You expect a million plus ppl to leave a city in a weeks notice, but its too much to ask to have a little backup form the government/FEMA and help with it especially since there was a weeks notice.

You're exactly right. NEW ORLEANS should have been ready for a Cat. 5 Hurricane. THEY knew it was a possibility a Cat 5 Hurricane COULD eventually hit there. THEY knew that their system to keep water OUT of a city which is already UNDER sea level was NOT designed to hold up to a Cat.5. THEY also had atleast 2 days to evacuate people THEMSELVES which they are now blaming someone else for not doing.

Theres no blame for noone evacuating, the problem was the HELP for the ppl that couldnt evacuate and the ones that went to the dome/convention center for help..

Eventually, yes. In the beginning it is handled by the LOCAL emergency management people.

eventually? what kind of chain of caommand is that?, in the beginning it is handled by the local gov't (or it should be) you said it yourself. That the local's handle things before the gov't gets involved, and if its too much as this was it goes to the next level.

local gov't says we need help,

gov't officials says get everyone to the dome and help will get there

get to the dome whats there? nothing..

#1 It has been widely publicized and damn near confirmed by the Gov herself in an interview on National TV that President asked HER if she needed help 1 day after the storm hit, while levees were STILL holding and there wasn't widespread flooding just yet, and SHE said basically "let me get back to you".
#2 When SHE finally did get back to them, it was now a panic situation. Levees had broke, city was drowning, and now suddenly it's HIS fault for not coming a couple of days earlier. How's that work like that? He by LAW can't simply come in and take over when the LOCAL gov't in place and still under power is NOT letting him. That's how our Gov't works. If he had overruled HER and basically took over Louisiana, he would have been called a tirant. He did what the LAW in place told him he HAD to do and now suddenly he's getting blamed for not acting fast enough. The man can't win no matter what. That is the absolute description of an escape goat.

i was referring to the mayor not the goevernor. He was the one that was screaming at the preisdent etc.

The same place people are at NOW. Everywhere across the south in other states. Higher ground. Inland. Anywhere but where the water can get you.

I know it's not that easy. I know that it's impossible to evacuate 2 million people totally out of a city. I also know that they could've used quite a few resources they had readily available right then to of got many thousands of people out and avoided suffering. There are many people that couldn't fend for themselves that GOT to the Superdome. How'd they get there? The same way they got TO the Superdome, they should've been able to ride another 20 miles north out of harms way. The local gov't made a HUGE mistake in telling people to go to the Superdome and merely ride the storm out. Bush didn't tell them to go there, the Governor told them to go there. If SHE didn't have a plan for AFTER the storm, then SHE shouldn't of told them to go there.

My point is simple: I know that some people merely walked up to the Superdome AFTER the storm. Fine, I get that. But the vast majority that took refuge there didn't just walk up to the Superdome. Some couldn't even walk. How'd they get there? Why didn't they keep on trucking up the highway, while the highway was still passable, for another 50 miles inland? Why didn't the city, instead of parking the buses up near the levees they KNEW weren't gonna hold up, use their buses to drive evacuees further inland? Bush may have made a mistake or two, but the BIGGEST mistakes and the MOST mistakes were made at the LOCAL level before and after the storm hit. That's my point. The focus is being shifted to the Federal gov't now because they have the biggest spotlight.

you say u know how soem ppl cant get around, but u say that they oculd have just went 20 more miles north.. im confised? Superdome isnt far its almos walking distance form everywhere in Uptown - downtown NO. The ppl that drove to the dome, got ther and left... but alot got trappd b/c there was no power and no gas. the police didnt even have any gas to get around, they were taking vehicles form citizens to get around. The focus is being focused on govt b/c you take control of situations and when people look up to you for answers, and u have noone why are u here?

No, I don't think people stayed TO loot, but I know that pictures don't lie too. Watching those same people that are one minute begging for help, while the very next minute they wade thru infested water to steal cart fulls of SHOES and Jewelry is also disheartening. I'm not cold hearted and am not going to stereotype. I have personally donated quite a bit thru my church, my business, and personally to contribute as much as I can to help the victims. But I also get upset when people take advantage of a situation too.

you cant class the fools who take useless items, with the ones that were beggin or food. Those are a whole different type of idiots. Saying somthing like "they should have left instead of looting" is just as ignorant as anything.

JITB
09-14-2005, 06:39 PM
You are extrmemly ignorant...

SO WHAT! Any leader with a hint of character will claim responsibility for screw ups by those they manage! Those without character, like Bill and Hillary Clinton, blame their screw ups on subordinates!

Here are a FEW facts:

2. Louisiana and New Orleans have to be the most politically corrupt regions of our country! Of course its a democrap stronghold. Their thievery and ineptitude is legendary! For years they redirected or stole Billions of federal tax dollars meant to maintain and repair New Orleans Levees and provide for emergencies! Democraps claim Bush cut funding but that's a flat out lie!

5. Democraps are without character and their isn't a single credible leader among them! What single act of leadership by Blanco or Nagin can compare to former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani after the Trade Towers fell on 9/11! I watched Blanco and Nagin bitch, wine, curse and debase our President on national TV. There has been a virtual parade of democraps on TV that have used this opportunity to demean Bush and berate the American people! These people are vile loathsome disgusting pathetic parasites! Many are simply useful idiots (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20030520.shtml) but others are the Fifth Column (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9034225)!

If the flooding of New Orleans hasn't already become the most costly U.S. natural disaster, it will be soon! For those who claim we're not doing enough to help them, they're either an idiot, a fool or a democrap! See http://www.detnews.com/2005/nation/0509/04/A01-303419.htm

In front of my house is a pot hole in the street, I guess I should blame Bush using the logic of democraps!

all that says, is that the local gov't handles things first....than FEMA stesp in after. Sooo what happens when FEMA doestn even know that its tah bad?

When the president of FEMA says Thursday 4 days after " i didnt know it was this bad" On national TV.

What more do u all want, when the man himself says "we messed up" when FEMA admits fault and the white house acknoledges issues.... im confused.

its like u all are defending nothing, basically going against what the government has already said has happened and or went wrong. There has been 2 really big disasters in the US, and bush has been criticized for mishandling both of them, i dotn think any president has ever eben quesitoned this uch. .. its more than a conincidence and way above just random hating..

TIGERJC
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
jitb good points, i totally agree with u

Hulud
09-14-2005, 11:21 PM
wow this thread is crazy now, i just started it as a joke cause everyone was trying to find someone to blame lol

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2005, 11:33 PM
how do u get anyone to drive when the whole city is evacuated? Since when do local emergency crew stand alone against natural disasters, especailly when there was atleast 2 weeks notice like you said yourself. There was plenty of warning like u said, everyone knew what it was gonna do, LIKE U SAID.. Sooo why couldnt FEMA get their shit together and get prepared. You expect a million plus ppl to leave a city in a weeks notice, but its too much to ask to have a little backup form the government/FEMA and help with it especially since there was a weeks notice.

Again, they should of used the buses when there were people THERE to drive them. How'd the buses get there? Not by themselves, right? Then why couldn't you of used the time it took to coordinate the massive parking of hundreds of city buses in one place to evacuate people while you could?

FEMA is NOT responsible to get "their shit together" FIRST.....it is LOCAL emergency people that do that. Why can't yall get that thru your head yet? LEGALLY it is, period. Until they ASK for help, FEMA CAN'T give it. It's not that difficult. Why is everybody blaming FEMA and totally glossing over the people that were in charge FIRST and REFUSED help when it could've made a bigger difference????

Theres no blame for noone evacuating, the problem was the HELP for the ppl that couldnt evacuate and the ones that went to the dome/convention center for help..

Wrong. Who sent them to the Superdome? The Governor and Mayor when they went on TV and ordered a MANDATORY evacuation, yet THEY had not contingency plan in mind for when thousands of people listened yet they had NO supplies to tend to them. Why the hell send thousands of people supposedly to be safe, yet have NOTHING for them to be safe with????

eventually? what kind of chain of caommand is that?, in the beginning it is handled by the local gov't (or it should be) you said it yourself. That the local's handle things before the gov't gets involved, and if its too much as this was it goes to the next level.

local gov't says we need help,

gov't officials says get everyone to the dome and help will get there

get to the dome whats there? nothing..

Whose fault is that? If the chain is Local->FEMA, then how could FEMA be held MORE responsible than local???

If YOU send thousands of people over National TV to a place, shouldn't you have been prepared for those thousands of people? What's FEMA got to do with that? Why didn't they truck in supplies in those 2 days they had BEFORE the storm finally hit to that Superdome they already KNEW was part of the evacuation plan???

you say u know how soem ppl cant get around, but u say that they oculd have just went 20 more miles north.. im confised?

Not confusing at all.

If they can't walk but yet GOT to the Superdome somehow, how come they couldn't use the same method to keep going on further inland? They didn't teleport there did they? They didn't spontaneously appear at the dome did they?

The focus is being focused on govt b/c you take control of situations and when people look up to you for answers, and u have noone why are u here?

Let me give you an example:

A young lady gets a flat tire on the hwy. You pull over and do the chivalrous and RIGHT thing and offer to change her flat for her. She is on the cell phone and tells you, "Let me get back to you on that". You then say, "OK" and sit back down in your car. An hour later, you're tired of waiting and drive off. A car comes by and accidentally clips the back end of her car because he didn't see her stranded. A week later you get a letter in the mail from her attorney suing YOU for NOT helping her when you first pulled over and therefore it is YOUR fault she got her car smashed.

Is that fair to YOU? You TRIED to do the right thing, but got turned away. Something THEN happened and now she is trying to blame YOU for it instead of taking personal responsability and admitting SHE messed up. Right or wrong? How's that any different, except on a grander scale, to what happened in Louisiana?

you cant class the fools who take useless items, with the ones that were beggin or food. Those are a whole different type of idiots. Saying somthing like "they should have left instead of looting" is just as ignorant as anything.

Not when you consider that if they are healthy enough to wade thru infested waters to steal they are healthy enough to have gotten out of town.

You are right about stereotyping though. I just get ticked when, just like I saw during an "investigative" report type show on TV, that they interviewed idiots who were saying "we need food, we need help" only to turn literally right around and wade thru the water to steal SNEAKERS. That aint right.

JITB
09-15-2005, 05:37 AM
IM soo sleepy, but hopefuilly i dotn miss anything...lol

With the whole girl scenario. thats different it wasnt you job to help and to look over her. But it is the goevernments job to keep everythign running the way it is supposed to.

Like a corporate office, the office manager cant solve the problems. So he goes to corporate for answers, and they dotn have any either? Not saying its all their fault, but, int he end it all turns back around to whoever is the head honcho. which is Mr. Bush..if soemthing good happens than its Bush, when we captured sadaam everyone haled bush as the all might commander and chief. Does anyone even know the name of the soldiers who actually went in and got sadaam out of the trench physically who risked their lives? But when something bad happens and everyone looks up to him for answers and support and in the public eye he fails...its not bush's problem. I gurantee thiis 8 years will go down in history...I mean the presidents own cabinet talked to the president and said they messed up with this whole situation.

its honestly not even a blame issue, its more like a lack of effort that was showed by fema. IF you were president, and you saw this happening what we everyday regular ppl saw for 4 days happenign on TV. You mean to tell me that you wouldnt have doen anything extra?

the levees broke on waht sunday night, and monday all hell broke loose. Soo you said that before the levees broke the goernor didnt ask for help. Yes because there wasnt any need for it. The city had basically escaped death or so they thought...then the levees broke. than there was a cry for help from the governor, because the water was rising like crazy. Soo from Monday to Thursday what was the delay? There was her asking for help on sunday night - monday morning...soo where was FEMA? theres the governor sunday- monday begging pleading for help...where was it? Well on wednesday the president of FEMA says his famous "I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THAT BAD" phrase on national television like a idiot. think how fucked up things were down ther when me and you were watching it on tv from the day it started to happen, and the day when he just saw it on wednesday when he said that. Isnt that pretty ridiculious , i mean what oculd mr.brown have been doing while all this is going on. What could the president of FEMA be doing while a CAT 5 hurricane is about to destroy a city that is 15ft below sea level.

Since there was enough time to evacuate millions of ppl and for thousands to walk 20 miles out to the middle of nowhere, i think there was enough time for FEMA to get stuff in order to prepare for the worst just in case.

AznTraitor
09-15-2005, 11:12 AM
the levees broke on waht sunday night, and monday all hell broke loose. Soo you said that before the levees broke the goernor didnt ask for help. Yes because there wasnt any need for it. The city had basically escaped death or so they thought...then the levees broke. than there was a cry for help from the governor, because the water was rising like crazy. Soo from Monday to Thursday what was the delay? There was her asking for help on sunday night - monday morning...soo where was FEMA? theres the governor sunday- monday begging pleading for help...where was it? Well on wednesday the president of FEMA says his famous "I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THAT BAD" phrase on national television like a idiot. think how fucked up things were down ther when me and you were watching it on tv from the day it started to happen, and the day when he just saw it on wednesday when he said that. Isnt that pretty ridiculious , i mean what oculd mr.brown have been doing while all this is going on. What could the president of FEMA be doing while a CAT 5 hurricane is about to destroy a city that is 15ft below sea level.

Since there was enough time to evacuate millions of ppl and for thousands to walk 20 miles out to the middle of nowhere, i think there was enough time for FEMA to get stuff in order to prepare for the worst just in case.

ACTUALLY, the Hurricane didnt hit until Sunday night and monday morning people were already looting while the storm was still dying down....coindence? no....it was just opportune time for them to hurry and steal what they wanted. Pick up the current copy of Newsweek or Time and they have the timeline of how it all broke apart......the streets of NO were not flooded until late monday afternoon when the levee broke, and then all hell broke loose when an additional 50,000 people came out of the woodwork all wanting help so relief efforts we of course gonna be slowed when you only thought there were the original 25000 that were in the superdome.....so that only makes matters worse when you have triple the amount of people that you thought needed relief, and FEMA had staged their supplies all around the area in surrounding states, but when the streets are flooded and debris is everywhere, it's not exactly easy to bring relief......when I drove in on the I-10 and I-90, 4 days after the hurricane, there were still alot of debris everywhere....some of the highways had to be plowed because of all the mud and washed up crap, not to mention those huge billboards you see that are throught the highways were all knocked down, and they arent the easiest things to move. The people who shouldve been the fastest to react will always be the local govt....but they had poor planning and depended too much and wanted someone else to do the planning and rescue effort, so while sitting on their ass'es people died and chaos reigned.....I seriously want to put a bullet into Mayor Naigan's head....that sorry son of a bitch couldnt lead a girl scout troop out of a parking lot, yet he is VERY quick to place blame and not accept any responsibilty for anything.

JITB
09-15-2005, 04:00 PM
sooo when your whole city is about to be destroyed its too much to depend o the government to help out a little more.. when you obivously cant handle it. I mean really this happens all the time right?

AznTraitor
09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
sooo when your whole city is about to be destroyed its too much to depend o the government to help out a little more.. when you obivously cant handle it. I mean really this happens all the time right?

why wasnt their national guard organized? beforehand? where were their preparations?

I think blame falls on alot of people, but first and foremost is goes to the Mayor of NO, and Govenor of Louisiana.

JITB
09-15-2005, 04:24 PM
NAtional guard was one of the things that were supposedly to be on the way during all this. but the national Guard was there on the monday night rescuing people form roofs. but they were really waiting for the national guard to brign boats in to get ppl out, but that didnt happen for a couple of days.

The mayor governor may have messed up getting ready for it. But the main reason for all this hooblah , is when help was called on from the gov't it took soo long for it to come. When it should have been ready, b/c none of this was a suprisem ut was expected.

AznTraitor
09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
NAtional guard was one of the things that were supposedly to be on the way during all this. but the national Guard was there on the monday night rescuing people form roofs. but they were really waiting for the national guard to brign boats in to get ppl out, but that didnt happen for a couple of days.

The mayor governor may have messed up getting ready for it. But the main reason for all this hooblah , is when help was called on from the gov't it took soo long for it to come. When it should have been ready, b/c none of this was a suprisem ut was expected.

well from first reports, the levee's were intact...and if you actually stayed up late or woke up really early monday, you wouldve seen that in NO, there was no flooding, damage yes....but no flooding till the levee gave.

why does the national guard have to be on the way? on the way from where? Louisiana has a national guard unit, but they were not fully moblized by the Govenor. Why does every other national guard unit have to be mobilized?

the fact is, you have a bunch of lower class people who are just looking for handouts and nothing will satisfy them because they constantly want more and they want people to sympathize with them......take a good look at Mississippi....do you see any rioting? do you see any complaints flooding the tv's? no....

look at the smaller parishes surrounding NO, were they looting, were they complaining? and did you know that those smaller parishes didnt get help well after NO was handled.

Jaimecbr900
09-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Great points Anz. :goodjob:

The time table is far different than JITB is making it out to be. AFTER the levee broke, the PRESIDENT called himself to ask the Gov if he should send FEDERAL help and she told him, "let me check into how much damage there is and I'll get back to you". How's that begging for help? How's that helping people that were later stranded and many drowned because SHE and the Mayor were sitting with their fingers up each other's butt?

Everybody wants to blame Bush for everything, especially when they were Bush haters BEFORE all this happened anyway. How convinient.

As a matter of fact, I read report earlier this week where a DEMOCRAT Senator from Louisiana used the National Guard, a National Guard that was already in scarce supply, troops to take him to his personal HOUSE to retrieve personal things out. They spent HOURS waiting on him while he made suitcases, he got his laptop, and other personal articles OUT of his house. All this was going on while people were dieing inside the Superdome. The report even said that reporters have confirmed that there were tracks still clearly visible in the Senator's front yard as the waters went down the other day. One of the vehicles they used to take him there, got stuck and the Senator called for a HELICOPTER to come and get him out, only to later refuse to go up the rope into it not once but twice. The helicopter already had evacuees inside and got tired of him refusing to go up. They left and could only rescue one more person because it wasted so much time and now needed to refuel.

Guess what the kicker to that story is? That very same Senator was not only one of those condeming Bush for "taking too long to help", but he is also being actively being investigated on Capitol Hill for some shady dealings. Now Congress wants to investigate if that laptop and other documents he took out were taken as an effort to destroy damning evidence against him. His congressional office and other offices in Louisiana had been raided by the FBI just before Katrina hit.

How many lives did this guy cost? We'll never know. I do know that it is shitty to abandon your post for your own gain and then complain that somebody else is not coming to "help you".

TranceDJ06
09-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Bush cleared sum shit up on the speech earlier tonight.

JITB
09-16-2005, 05:53 AM
well from first reports, the levee's were intact...and if you actually stayed up late or woke up really early monday, you wouldve seen that in NO, there was no flooding, damage yes....but no flooding till the levee gave.

I said that about 2 pages ago... and ive said that atleast 3 times.

Bush haters? who said anythign about hate? If theres a problem why not address it? has the word hate been used by anyone ever in this whole sitiuation? Well what happens when the bush supporters quesition his judgement?

why does the national guard have to be on the way? on the way from where? Louisiana has a national guard unit, but they were not fully moblized by the Govenor. Why does every other national guard unit have to be mobilized?

......take a good look at Mississippi....do you see any rioting? do you see any complaints flooding the tv's? no....

look at the smaller parishes surrounding NO, were they looting, were they complaining? and did you know that those smaller parishes didnt get help well after NO was handled.

why be ignorant and compare idiots with ppl that need help. WE are talkin about the people who need help, not criminals and thieves who took advantage and stole and looted.

Looka t Miss, it wasnt as bad, it was bad alot was destroyed, but hae u forgottten miss isnt 15 under sea level. its like when the twin towers got attacked, all the focus went on that, and minimal talk was about the pentagon and especailly the flight of pennsylvania that crashed. Use your head you know why its not a big deal b/c mississippii wasnt hit as har, it was destroyed and damaged alot but ocmpared to NO it wasnt as bad.

Who deploys the national guard?

the fact is, you have a bunch of lower class people who are just looking for handouts and nothing will satisfy them because they constantly want more and they want people to sympathize with them

That whole theory u have goin there is whats wrong with this whole situation, and why ppl are soo upset. You cant sit there and just classify everyone as thieves and bums etc.

Soo basically we should just let the lower class ppl suffer and loose everything of hat little they had. All because they are just lower class people anyway. Thats a great way to summarize, the lower class lost everything...doesnt matter reallly they didnt have anything anyway, and than you wonder why kanye said what he said.

Im sure my cousin from NO who just got married 2 weeks before the hurricane just wants free handouts forever and tries so hard to make sure that you sympathize soo hard for her and her family, and that she takes all your tax dollars and uses them to buy tv's and drugs and doestn care abot getting her life she worked soo hard for back. I mean because ther just lower class people who just want free handouts all the time...soo who cares right?

Have u seen any victims on TV beg for anything other than finding there missing family? hae u seen anyone begging for more free handouts? Man these ppl just want there life back...if it means rewarding some of the idiots who maybe looted or stole useless stuff, and maybe putting ppl in better places in lif than they were before the storm, than i think its all worth it. Actually this whole thing might be a grace for NO atleast now they have a reason to renovate the projects..

AznTraitor
09-16-2005, 07:43 AM
I have LOTS of family from Louisiana....in fact they are in the areas where there was NO help....because everyone was concentrating their efforts on N.O. So it was up to them to make due.....like I said, some areas didnt get help well after N.O was evacuated, those people didnt make trouble, all they wanted was help...did they get it? did they start rioting or start panicing and causing commotion?

Mississippi not as bad as N.O? are you kidding me? Biloxi & Gulfport is about 85% destroyed, Long Beach is 100% destroyed, Dauphin Island is 100% destroyed...We're talking complete cities and towns wiped off the face of the earth....last I checked N.O was still standing....flooded, but still standing...so what makes that city more important than any other city? the shipping yard is already back underway.....

JITB
09-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I have LOTS of family from Louisiana....in fact they are in the areas where there was NO help....because everyone was concentrating their efforts on N.O. So it was up to them to make due.....like I said, some areas didnt get help well after N.O was evacuated, those people didnt make trouble, all they wanted was help...did they get it? did they start rioting or start panicing and causing commotion?

Mississippi not as bad as N.O? are you kidding me? Biloxi & Gulfport is about 85% destroyed, Long Beach is 100% destroyed, Dauphin Island is 100% destroyed...We're talking complete cities and towns wiped off the face of the earth....last I checked N.O was still standing....flooded, but still standing...so what makes that city more important than any other city? the shipping yard is already back underway.....

read what i said, the need for emergecy help wasnt as big in miss. By emergency im meaning rescuing from danger.

Soo i see we agree that some didnt get any help at all..

AznTraitor
09-16-2005, 09:09 AM
read what i said, the need for emergecy help wasnt as big in miss. By emergency im meaning rescuing from danger.

Soo i see we agree that some didnt get any help at all..

we do agree that some areas didnt get as much help as they needed, but what I'm trying to get across is....how do we know they didnt need as much help? it's because all of the concentrated effort was thrown towards N.O because of all the media showing complaints, the lawlessness, and whatnot.

believe me, I'm sure lots of the Mississippi shorelines needed help and were in danger, but because N.O was a larger city, it received all of the focus.

the local govt of N.O was not organized....if they had a better plan or perhaps someone had stepped up and took charge and kept the people calm and reassured them instead of pointing fingers and getting everyone riled up, things mightve been different. Case in point, mayor Naigan was on CNN three days after the hurricane and said that he begged President Bush and the Govenor to delegate him ultimate authority, and then he began placing blame on EVERYONE but himself...even the correspondent called him out and he got pissed and said that he will take no part in any blame....

why did he have to beg anyone for permission? if he was a true leader and a smartone, he would've already jumped in and started doing what he wanted to do, put the supposed "plans" he had...instead he whined and moaned and got the people all pissed at the federal govt and causing chaos.

JITB
09-16-2005, 10:20 AM
i didnt read all of it, b/c im ina hurry. but i agree they needed just as much help in miss as everyone else did. Ill take that back. The rest ill read later when i get back..