PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

chinitoxamor
12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
87 supra, 7mgte w/ 75k on motor,

1. I'm not sure if its the cat, or if its the oil, smokes alot but only when it starts up, after its sits for a good few minutes, its clean. the last owner took it for emissions back in 05 and paper shows that it didn't pass the last part of 3 part of the test.

2. Left headlight wont stay on, unless highbeam is on, and tail lights work but when stepping on the brakes the left tail doesnt turn on.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP? :D

STRteg
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
87 supra, 7mgte w/ 75k on motor,

1. I'm not sure if its the cat, or if its the oil, smokes alot but only when it starts up, after its sits for a good few minutes, its clean. the last owner took it for emissions back in 05 and paper shows that it didn't pass the last part of 3 part of the test.

2. Left headlight wont stay on, unless highbeam is on, and tail lights work but when stepping on the brakes the left tail doesnt turn on.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP? :D

Answers from me:

1.Smoking issue - Its not a honda you cant expect it to be perfect

2.Headlight switch - It's not a honda your going to run into problems

3.You go buy a honda and we party like its 1973 :bigdance:

Atlblkz06
12-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Is it white smoke? Does it shoot out a puff of smoke anytime you let it idle for a second and step on the gas? It may be your valve guide seals.

Exactly what is part 3 of the emissions?

chinitoxamor
12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Answers from me:

1.Smoking issue - Its not a honda you cant expect it to be perfect

2.Headlight switch - It's not a honda your going to run into problems

3.You go buy a honda and we party like its 1973 :bigdance:

:blah:

i do drive a honda, its my brother's car, and no sh.it i know its not a honda and it aint perfect

chinitoxamor
12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Is it white smoke? Does it shoot out a puff of smoke anytime you let it idle for a second and step on the gas? It may be your valve guide seals.

Exactly what is part 3 of the emissions?

it smokes during idle, puff of smokes.

theres 3 things that are on the emissions test, he pass the first 2 and failed the last one. ill get more info

1badgvr4
12-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Do an oil change and run a full qt of lucas oil stabilizer through it.Should kill the smoke.

chinitoxamor
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
well from what i am told, i think my option is to

seafoam
oil change
oil stabilizer

STRteg
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
:blah:

i do drive a honda, its my brother's car, and no sh.it i know its not a honda and it aint perfect

Dude calm down it was just a joke homie dayum :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

seanrg1116
12-17-2008, 10:19 AM
becareful with the seafoam it can hurt old rings that are being held together by carbon deposits

chinitoxamor
12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
^^ thanks for the tip