PDA

View Full Version : QT Gas Does Not Last LonG?????

AirMax95
12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok, I have heard people say this for a while. I never cared to inquire, but boredom as led me to it.

Do some gas stations fuel not last as long as others :thinking:

QT has been the station of concern for a while.

Ran
12-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I've run gas from different places and have yet to notice a difference.

QT FTW

yungdz
12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
what do mean not last long? It 'lasts' just as long as anywhere else. There are some concerns about the quality of it though.

collins
12-16-2008, 10:43 AM
lol well my best run on the dyno was on kroger gas, so i dont really think it makes a difference

AirMax95
12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
what do mean not last long? It 'lasts' just as long as anywhere else. There are some concerns about the quality of it though.

Yeah, I hear people say it a lot.

I assume that these people drive the exact same, and have concluded that QT gas does not last as long as BP/Chevron.

I've run gas from different places and have yet to notice a difference.

QT FTW

Thats what I say! QT is guaranteed to be at least $.10 cheaper.

Ed
12-16-2008, 10:56 AM
i usually go to QT or Race trac

Brett
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM
I don’t see how a brand wont last as long as another, It all depends on how quick your car burns it and your driving habits

aguynamedpat
12-16-2008, 11:06 AM
I am strictly QT or Race Trac. I will drive the extra few miles past all the shells, chevrons and BP's just to get to a QT. If there is no QT around, Race Trac will suffice.

I like the service and friendliness I get at QT, thats what keeps me going back. I dont like getting treated like shit by Abu at the Shell station or Achmed at the Chevron. No shit, those were names at the ones close to my parents house back in the day, said so on their nametags. They just want your money, they dont care if you come back or not. People at QT realize that if they dont treat you like a pile of dog shit, you will come back again.

Jbauer
12-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I try and not buy QT because it's junk and because they get their gas from the lower bidder.

Ran
12-16-2008, 11:08 AM
I like the service and friendliness I get at QT, thats what keeps me going back. ... People at QT realize that if they dont treat you like a pile of dog shit, you will come back again.:stupid:

Brown Man
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Did someone say gas station?

:ninja:

G.C
12-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I personally think there all the same stuff.

TheGodfather
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I only go to BP, partially because I have a BP credit card and it gets me rewards and rebates, but also because I have heard it is one of the top brands of gas with Texaco and Mobil.

I still have yet to find out whether that is 100% true that BP is better than the next guy, but I'd have to go with the name brand and not risk it.

Saving 60 cents a fillup isn't worth my car not running as well.

Homer Simpson
12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
ehhh, my neighbor put qt gas into his riding lawn mower once, and it had a hard time starting and running. unno...

I try to buy BP gas as much as possible, but there's not one conveniently placed where I'm from...

DrivenMind
12-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I worked at QT, and it was common knowledge that they bought shitty petrol.

fivex684
12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I can't tell a difference. When I'm in Georgia I usually go to Kroger or QT.

BanginJimmy
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I get about 1 less MPG in my crapalier using QT or racetrac gas than I do with BP.

Back or forth to Panama City Beach last year, 29.8 with QT and 30.6 with BP.

Slow Motion
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Toptiergas.com

"Why TOP TIER
The intention of the TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline standards is to create a winning situation for gasoline retailers, auto manufacturers and drivers. Currently, many gasoline retailers provide fuels with lower-quality additive packages that can build up deposits on fuel injectors and on intake valves. Others can build up deposits in combustion chambers and may lead to intake valve sticking. These lower levels of additives can have negative impacts on engine performance and vehicle responsiveness."

QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

Top Tier According to GM.com

Chevron
QuikTrip
ConocoPhillips (Conoco, Phillips 66, and 76 brands)
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company (Break Time stores)
Kwik Trip, Inc. (Kwik Trip / Kwik Star)
The Somerset Refinery, Inc. (Somerset Oil)
Aloha Petroleum (Aloha Petroleum, Jiffy Mart, and Mahalo brands)
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Automotive.com

"Shell regular and Plus gasolines, which meet the "Top Tier" standard, also contain more than two times the amount of cleaning agents required by the EPA. Shell V-Power goes even further -- it has more than five times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by government standards and twice the cleaning agents required by the "Top Tier" standard. While the "Top Tier" standard is designed to protect engines from the future build-up of carbon deposits, Shell V-Power is specifically formulated to actively clean your engine as you drive giving it the ability to clean-up deposits that have already built up on intake valves and fuel injectors."

Ran
12-16-2008, 01:08 PM
"Shell regular and Plus gasolines, which meet the "Top Tier" standard, also contain more than two times the amount of cleaning agents required by the EPA. Shell V-Power goes even further -- it has more than five times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by government standards and twice the cleaning agents required by the "Top Tier" standard. While the "Top Tier" standard is designed to protect engines from the future build-up of carbon deposits, Shell V-Power is specifically formulated to actively clean your engine as you drive giving it the ability to clean-up deposits that have already built up on intake valves and fuel injectors."Which explains why Shell is usually 15-20 cents more expensive than other places.

XLR8NMR2
12-16-2008, 01:10 PM
shell gas ftw

qt hot dogs and food at 4am ftw

Slow Motion
12-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Which explains why Shell is usually 15-20 cents more expensive than other places.

True. Has anyone noticed BP is not on the list anymore?

TheGodfather
12-16-2008, 01:19 PM

That's weird. They are almost always on the list.

But all gas sucks now a days because they put way too much ethanol in it. Older car engines suffer daily with the increased ethanol just so the hippies can be happy about the cleaner air.

87 Turbo II
12-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I get gs at shell, and hangout with friends at QT for the food/slushies, and all that jazz.

Ed
12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
echonova where are you? we need your input.

"B" (used to post here, for you newbs that don't know him) told me that they are all the same, it all comes from the same refinery or whatever it's called. He said if the gas station seems newer, obviously their tanks are cleaner, and has less bad stuff on it.

He tests the gas and tanks, or something like that.

Elbow
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I only run E85

Julio
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
lol

Most companies In Atlanta get the fuel from from the same place. Shit, Go to buford hwy right behind Butler Tires and just watch as the fuel trucks pull out.

"TOP TIER " lol.. all Gas stations in GA are required to have this additive on there fuel is part of the EPA/STAGE 2 Standards. When "Top Tier" came out or actually, when the EPA added this additive as a requirement in GA alot of companies Used it as a MARKETING SCHEME for example, QUIKTRIP had signage in there stores advertising this. FRom the pumps to the restrooms.. Don't think they do anymore. Maybe still do, Who knows.

The regular consumer didnt think much of it.. but the Name TOP TIER sounds "pretty" and "impressive".

Quiktrip and Racetrac Are the TOP GAS STATIONS in GA, hands down.

But Believe me guys all Fuel in The Metro Area are from the same refinery.
There are some refineries in GA that are pretty cheap and brave and some dont even meet the EPA requirements.

For example, when we had the gas crisis in sept QT and Racetrac Were always getting gas, the prices were 2.99 or so..
Kroger : was selling 50 to 60 cents Cheaper then all other major competitors?

How was this possible!! Kroger was getting gas from Cheaper refineries and cheaper bidders. DANGEROUS FUEL!
It was impossible for them to sell that low compare to the barrel cost at the time.

Honestly, Lets thanks QUIKTRIP and RACETRAC for low fuel cost in GA.

Both of those companies make very little money per gallon they sale. A few cents.

They make there money INSIDE. Selling products inside is where there major profit comes.
Thats why both try to beat each other in Customer service ,Product Quality and good looking stores.

Water in GAS why some have it and some dont if they get it from the same place..

Simple: Some stations especially older ones if they do not keep up with maintance on there underground tanks and have special electronic equipment which monitors the inches of water in there underground tanks, may cause a problem. If they dont have these special equipment they must manually stick the tanks with a "STICK" and a special paste which will tell them how many if any inches of water they have. Seriously, They wont do it.. older stations are owned by some people who dont even know how to do it or are to lazy to do so.

Simple maintance will prevent water from getting inside there tanks, from cover gasket to faulty caps may swrew certain stations.

Ethanol : is been proven that Ethanol does NO harm to cars, new or old aslong as the tank in the car has been clean

The problem with some cars especially older cars , may have some water in there tanks
from who knows how long.

Why is it sitting there ? Well, if you mix Fuel without ETHANOL and water, the water will stay on the bottom and if you mix Fuel with ETHANOL and water, the water will rise up and be sucked in by your engine.
This may cause problems the 1st time you ever use fuel with Ethanol but after the water is completely out of the tank.. You will not notice any difference.

I believe in the state of GA is required to have 10% mixed in with the Fuel.

So, to say gas from a certain c-store company burns faster is about 99.9 % BS.

I wouldn't recommend getting gas from Krogers Or older Stations ran by mom and pops.

This is my Business.. So Im a little familiar with the process.

Julio
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM

BTW, not sure if you noticed or not but all BP's are turning into AM/PM..

franchising all there stores. They used to have several corporate stores, but now, they want out and are selling all BP stations to anyone with money and turning them into AM/PM franchise.

The stations that dont sell will get shut down.

stillaneon
12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
lol well my best run on the dyno was on kroger gas, so i dont really think it makes a difference

I used to work at a Kroger fuel Center and our gas was actually BP gas about 90% of the time

redrumracer
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
ive found that gas at some stations does get used quicker than from other stations.

blackboi50
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
OP has no brain!!!! he needs the wizard!!!! :taun:....1

stillaneon
12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
lol

Most companies In Atlanta get the fuel from from the same place. Shit, Go to buford hwy right behind Butler Tires and just watch as the fuel trucks pull out.

"TOP TIER " lol.. all Gas stations in GA are required to have this additive on there fuel is part of the EPA/STAGE 2 Standards. When "Top Tier" came out or actually, when the EPA added this additive as a requirement in GA alot of companies Used it as a MARKETING SCHEME for example, QUIKTRIP had signage in there stores advertising this. FRom the pumps to the restrooms.. Don't think they do anymore. Maybe still do, Who knows.

The regular consumer didnt think much of it.. but the Name TOP TIER sounds "pretty" and "impressive".

Quiktrip and Racetrac Are the TOP GAS STATIONS in GA, hands down.

But Believe me guys all Fuel in The Metro Area are from the same refinery.
There are some refineries in GA that are pretty cheap and brave and some dont even meet the EPA requirements.

For example, when we had the gas crisis in sept QT and Racetrac Were always getting gas, the prices were 2.99 or so..
Kroger : was selling 50 to 60 cents Cheaper then all other major competitors?

How was this possible!! Kroger was getting gas from Cheaper refineries and cheaper bidders. DANGEROUS FUEL!
It was impossible for them to sell that low compare to the barrel cost at the time.

Honestly, Lets thanks QUIKTRIP and RACETRAC for low fuel cost in GA.

Both of those companies make very little money per gallon they sale. A few cents.

They make there money INSIDE. Selling products inside is where there major profit comes.
Thats why both try to beat each other in Customer service ,Product Quality and good looking stores.

Water in GAS why some have it and some dont if they get it from the same place..

Simple: Some stations especially older ones if they do not keep up with maintance on there underground tanks and have special electronic equipment which monitors the inches of water in there underground tanks, may cause a problem. If they dont have these special equipment they must manually stick the tanks with a "STICK" and a special paste which will tell them how many if any inches of water they have. Seriously, They wont do it.. older stations are owned by some people who dont even know how to do it or are to lazy to do so.

Simple maintance will prevent water from getting inside there tanks, from cover gasket to faulty caps may swrew certain stations.

Ethanol : is been proven that Ethanol does NO harm to cars, new or old aslong as the tank in the car has been clean

The problem with some cars especially older cars , may have some water in there tanks
from who knows how long.

Why is it sitting there ? Well, if you mix Fuel without ETHANOL and water, the water will stay on the bottom and if you mix Fuel with ETHANOL and water, the water will rise up and be sucked in by your engine.
This may cause problems the 1st time you ever use fuel with Ethanol but after the water is completely out of the tank.. You will not notice any difference.

I believe in the state of GA is required to have 10% mixed in with the Fuel.

So, to say gas from a certain c-store company burns faster is about 99.9 % BS.

I wouldn't recommend getting gas from Krogers Or older Stations ran by mom and pops.

This is my Business.. So Im a little familiar with the process.

Kroger does buy Gas from the lowest priced tanks, but NO ONE makes money on gas. The reason Kroger, QT and Race Track can sell cheaper is because people go there for what inside. Alcohol and Cigarettes are where the money is. Not gas.

§treet_§peed
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
from my experience, my old civic got horrible gas mileage on anything other than Cheveron or BP... but maybe that was just me...

Tech5
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
I am strictly QT or Race Trac. I will drive the extra few miles past all the shells, chevrons and BP's just to get to a QT. If there is no QT around, Race Trac will suffice.

I like the service and friendliness I get at QT, thats what keeps me going back. I dont like getting treated like shit by Abu at the Shell station or Achmed at the Chevron. No shit, those were names at the ones close to my parents house back in the day, said so on their nametags. They just want your money, they dont care if you come back or not. People at QT realize that if they dont treat you like a pile of dog shit, you will come back again.

Kaiser
12-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm going to have to chalk this up to urban legends along with "using premium in a car designed for regular will give you much better gas mileage!"