PDA

View Full Version : question bout syncronizers

2.25teg
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
working on a b18 ls transmission i was replacing one of the brass sync rings cause the one that was in there was worn bad on the inside but the teeth around the outside of the one that was in there are the same size as the new one but the new ones teeth are deeper seems to fit fine just wana know if its gona work right o an the new sync ring is out of another integra trans but not sure what year minds a 94

2.25teg
12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
anybody?

stephen
12-16-2008, 01:35 AM
personally, i'd suggest buying one that's SPECIFICALLY meant for your transmission.

i don't really understand how the teeth can be deeper, but the ring still be the same exact size. that doesn't really make sense...that's why i'd just get the exact same ring that belongs. it'll save you a headache.

STRteg
12-16-2008, 02:10 AM
personally, i'd suggest buying one that's SPECIFICALLY meant for your transmission.

i don't really understand how the teeth can be deeper, but the ring still be the same exact size. that doesn't really make sense...that's why i'd just get the exact same ring that belongs. it'll save you a headache.

X2 Yeah you dont want to make a costly mistake

2.25teg
12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
well its hard to explain the teeth are deeper from top to bottom but same length protruding out its on the top of the mainshaft so if it doesn't work itll be easy to replace

Tech5
12-16-2008, 01:54 PM
sounds to me you dont know what your doing an shouldnt be trying to fix this, I will put a stickie in my box so I remember not to buy a tranny from you

Motivation
12-16-2008, 02:40 PM
lulz....

Hey Josh, how did the stang run at the track in FL.?

Tech5
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
didnt make didnt have it running in time, I got it running and I might have a buyer tonight , :goodjob:
lulz....

Hey Josh, how did the stang run at the track in FL.?

Motivation
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
didnt make didnt have it running in time, I got it running and I might have a buyer tonight , :goodjob:

buyer? No, I think you are supposed to give me the car. :goodjob: lol... Well congrats on getting it running.

Tech5
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah I drove it around Mcdonough last night runs super great! but this guy really wants it and Ill be making a shltt load off of it
buyer? No, I think you are supposed to give me the car. :goodjob: lol... Well congrats on getting it running.

Motivation
12-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah I drove it around Mcdonough last night runs super great! but this guy really wants it and Ill be making a shltt load off of it

Awesome man. Can never complain about that. :goodjob:

2.25teg
12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I've rebuilt one before but this ones being rebuilt out some parts i had layin around lol but if no one knows if it`ll work just have to try it to find out

STRteg
12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
They are offtopic

Tech5
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
and you are?:screwy:
They are offtopic

2.25teg
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
They are offtopic
very much so an no answers to my question either

Tech5
12-16-2008, 07:10 PM
1st of all!

If you use the right parts you will not have this issue!

2nd of all if you knew what you was doing you would know the right answer too

but its all good...Buy the right parts to make it work the first time, dont try an jegga Boo it !

very much so an no answers to my question either

2.25teg
12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
not gona waste 200 bucks on a sync if a got one laying around just a waste of money if tha one i got will work worst case it sticks/grinds fifth gear will know if itll work by tomorow or thursday

STRteg
12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
and you are?:screwy:

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

I'm the guy that goes in when you leave :idb:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:doh:

2.25teg
12-16-2008, 09:14 PM

lol

stephen
12-17-2008, 03:28 AM
well its hard to explain the teeth are deeper from top to bottom but same length protruding out its on the top of the mainshaft so if it doesn't work itll be easy to replace

there's 3 problems with that though....

if the teeth are deeper, but the rings have the same outside diameter, then the inside diameter is not the same.

the teeth are designed to "mesh" together. if one set is longer than the other...then the rings won't mesh.

different rings are also made from different materials. there's NO WAY for you to know whether the ring you have is made from the exact same material as the old one (especially considering you don't even know what it's out of).

regardless...i still don't think you'll listen, and probably put it on there anyway. if it works, great...but i just wouldn't do it. sure it might be "easy" for you to do...but it's a waste of time to have to tear into the tranny again. if you don't care, then go for it.

2.25teg
12-17-2008, 10:30 AM
there's 3 problems with that though....

if the teeth are deeper, but the rings have the same outside diameter, then the inside diameter is not the same.

the teeth are designed to "mesh" together. if one set is longer than the other...then the rings won't mesh.

different rings are also made from different materials. there's NO WAY for you to know whether the ring you have is made from the exact same material as the old one (especially considering you don't even know what it's out of).

regardless...i still don't think you'll listen, and probably put it on there anyway. if it works, great...but i just wouldn't do it. sure it might be "easy" for you to do...but it's a waste of time to have to tear into the tranny again. if you don't care, then go for it.
the teeth arnt any longer their deeper into the center lock from top to bottom an it seems to go in a out just gear as easily as the others

STRteg
12-18-2008, 01:23 AM
the teeth arnt any longer their deeper into the center lock from top to bottom an it seems to go in a out just gear as easily as the others

You should just try and find one for cheap thats meant for you car

2.25teg
12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Will deffinatly do.but gona give this a try it's in the car now just got a few things to finish up i did find out that ring was out a 98 so hopefully we'll know sometime this evening If it's gona work

STRteg
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Will deffinatly do.but gona give this a try it's in the car now just got a few things to finish up i did find out that ring was out a 98 so hopefully we'll know sometime this evening If it's gona work

Yeah man lmk

2.25teg
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
drove it today shiftin like brand new

Tech5
12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Your also the guy that gets Repped in every thread too

STRteg
12-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Your also the guy that gets Repped in every thread too

Only by haters like you and i get repped cause i get caught leavin too much:taun::taun::taun::taun:

Motivation
12-19-2008, 10:54 AM
drove it today shiftin like brand new

Hey man, You gonna be around next Wednesday? I will have my clutch close to broke in by then so I'll be down there.

2.25teg
12-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah let me know