PDA

View Full Version : WTF? 8 kids found locked in cages in OH

Kristi
09-13-2005, 08:23 AM
The thing that pisses me off with this story is the NO CHARGES HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST THE PARENTS. They don't feel what they did was wrong and the police are basically agreeing with them!

Full Story:

-----------------------------------
(CNN) -- Police in northern Ohio on Monday rescued eight children whose parents told authorities they kept the kids in locked cages for their own protection.

The children, ages 1 to 14, were found locked in cages at their home in Wakeman, about 40 miles southwest of Cleveland, according to Lt. Randy Sommers of the Huron County Sheriff's Office.

The children were all either adopted or foster children, he said.

Authorities said the kids were kept in wooden cages, less than 3 feet by 3 feet, without pillows or blankets.

Shortly after being found, the children were sent to Fisher-Titus Medical Center in Norwalk, where they were listed in good condition.

The children's parents, Mike and Sharon Gravelle, had 11 children in all, according to authorities.

Police said no charges had been filed against the parents.

"Basically, the parents thought they were providing for the protection of the children from themselves and from each other," said Sommers.

"They thought there was circumstances with these children that warranted the cages at night," Sommers added, but he would not go into details of what those circumstances were.

All 11 of the children found in the home have been placed in the custody of the Huron County Department of Children and Families.

--------------------------

kelly marie
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
that is horrible.. how could you live with yourself... those people have no souls to do that to their children.

Bishop
09-13-2005, 08:33 AM
wow thats weird

silver
09-13-2005, 08:37 AM
I mean, I lock kelly in cages all the time.. but thats besides the point... that is really just horrible that someone can do that to a child... especially when a child is helpless.. and the article states that there were circumstances... I don't know what type of "circumstances" were involved but I don't think any type of "circumstances" should ever warrant putting a child in a cage... You put dogs in cages.. cats in cages... animals in cages... and kelly in cages... not children... I'm sorry that is sad. If I was the case worker in that case, the parents would be charged with something... that is just inhumaine....

Ex_Vtec_Girl
09-13-2005, 08:37 AM
if they weren't doing anything wrong, then why did they take the kids from them? that doesn't make much sense...they need to do something to the parents! sad!!!

Kristi
09-13-2005, 08:40 AM
those parents need to go to jail and be in their own damn cages. those poor kids - and their ages ranged from 1 to 14.....poor kids.

AtifSajid
09-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Thats really strange...the kids werent harmed or anything, but they were just locked in cages? I havent read the story, but Im gonna look for it. It might be just some weird ass parents, but if I saw that shit, I would stuff both parents into one of those 3X3 cages..

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Only 8?

Slackers.

Kristi
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
i think that they didn't have enough room in the house which is why they were having their kids locked in the cages. they had 11 kids total - 3 apparently slept in the house, not in a cage, but the others were in a cage. hmmmm

silver
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
i think that they didn't have enough room in the house which is why they were having their kids locked in the cages. they had 11 kids total - 3 apparently slept in the house, not in a cage, but the others were in a cage. hmmmm

Oh.. they didn't say that :eye: .... so, what.. is it supposed to be ok to lock kids in a cage because there is not enough room?? Didn't it say they were fostering them??? If so, why were they put there in the first place if there was no room?? :confused: :(

Kristi
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
they didn't say that - but that is what i think.

silver
09-13-2005, 11:55 AM
And don't they do home checks when you adopt.... Why the hell would the state give a family a child and put a child into a home where there was no room.... and the state is supposed to follow up on these families, aren't they?? Wtf.... that is just sick...

silver
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
they didn't say that - but that is what i think.

Oh, being sarcastic, lol

Kristi
09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
yea it is, and they really didn't say anything about the adoption agencies checking in and stuff. whoever their case worker is - needs to be fired.

and it still stuns me that the police aren't doing anything about it. but i guess the good thing is that the kids are now with different families. no more cages for them.

silver
09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Man.. I felt bad putting my puppy in a crate when we were crate training her.... I couldn't ever imagine putting a child even in a small room.... still.. just.. ughhh

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
i know - it kills me in the morning when i leave for work to put Layla in a crate - but her crate is bigger than the cages those kids are in. and she is like 10 lbs!

BigTs13
09-15-2005, 11:53 AM
fuck that...they should die, if i was one of those kids...the second i got out of that cage, someone would get a hellacious ass whoopin