PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Question

SiRed94
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
If you posted something on EBAY with a buy it now price and someone committed to buy, but did not pay you, and sends you a message 2 days later saying that there is something wrong with their PayPal account and they are trying to get it fixed, what would you do? Then, the 3rd day they send you another message saying that they hope to get the account problem resolved tomorrow, but tomorrow passes and you still haven't received a payment. The person has all positive feedback, but every time before, that I have sold something, I received payment immediately. And the one time that I had a problem with PayPal, it was resolved with one simple phone call, not a 4+ day waiting period.

I guess the main question is how much time should I allow for receiving a payment? Or should I just say fuck this dude and relist my item?

I personally think the guy is BS'ing me until he can hustle up the money to afford the item. He just committed to buy to keep anyone else from getting it.

Scotsman
12-12-2008, 09:27 PM
pm VTECKIDD(sp)he does alot of ebay sellin , he should be able to help

Homer Simpson
12-12-2008, 09:28 PM
i'd give him another day warning and then relist it.

Sounds like he is bs-ing it until he can get paid today (friday)

Paypal problems that don"t 4 days.

if he wants it, when you relist it, he'll commit to buy it again when he gets the dough or the "the problem fixed"

§treet_§peed
12-12-2008, 09:34 PM
file a complaint with ebay, then re-list

§treet_§peed
12-12-2008, 09:34 PM
but if you didn't put payment required immediately then you kinda set yourself up for this sorta thing.

G.C
12-12-2008, 09:38 PM
File a DISPUTE

Before you can get your listing fee back you will need to file a dispute. Which will give the buyer 7 days to respond back/pay you.

After 7 days you will get your money back.

Ebay is gay now you cant neg feedback them

SiRed94
12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
but if you didn't put payment required immediately then you kinda set yourself up for this sorta thing.

That's the thing, I did put "requires immediate payment" and somehow he still managed to buy without paying.

SiRed94
12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
But thanks guys, think I got what I'm going to do now.

§treet_§peed
12-13-2008, 11:06 PM
well that blows. i would file a dispute tho asap

b17a1db2
12-13-2008, 11:14 PM
That's the thing, I did put "requires immediate payment" and somehow he still managed to buy without paying.

did he bid on it and win that way? or did you have a best offer option? either of those, and it won't need immediate payment. i've only had one problem w/ an ebay seller not paying. it was for a $250 item. but i got it sold locally for $240, so i still won there.

Elbow
12-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Relist it, happens to me a lot. Leave them some bad feedback.

EvasiveEF9
12-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I've had that problem. Took me like 3 days to fix my crap. They wouldn't allow me to put down a credit card because apparently it was a dupe or something like that in their system? Had to get a new card before I could do anything, but I kept the seller informed. He may get paid on the 15th. If you don't hear anything by midnight on the 15th, I'd DEFINITELY re-list after filing dispute for non-paying bidder. Let his feedback attest for SOMETHING.

Tech5
12-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Dude its Christmas he might be trying to get money in his account.

I would say give him a 1 week if nothing then request a non payment on the item an turn it in to Ebay that he didnt pay then! but dont just give up on him...I been doing ebay for about 10 years an have lots of feedback an I only had about 3 problems like this an after a week if there isnt anything most likely they will not pay!

If you posted something on EBAY with a buy it now price and someone committed to buy, but did not pay you, and sends you a message 2 days later saying that there is something wrong with their PayPal account and they are trying to get it fixed, what would you do? Then, the 3rd day they send you another message saying that they hope to get the account problem resolved tomorrow, but tomorrow passes and you still haven't received a payment. The person has all positive feedback, but every time before, that I have sold something, I received payment immediately. And the one time that I had a problem with PayPal, it was resolved with one simple phone call, not a 4+ day waiting period.

I guess the main question is how much time should I allow for receiving a payment? Or should I just say fuck this dude and relist my item?

I personally think the guy is BS'ing me until he can hustle up the money to afford the item. He just committed to buy to keep anyone else from getting it.