PDA

View Full Version : dsm question

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
kk i got a 93 eagle talon tsi awd and its got the evo 3 swap in it fresh but now the clutch is starting to act up its acting like its engaged all the time and wont disengage. i can put the clutch all the way to the floor and it will grind in every gear and when i put it in geat its acting as if it wants to die like im letting out on the clutch and i have to give it gas in order for it not to die but when i give it gas it goes forward even if the clutch is pushed all the way in does the clutch need to be adjusted or what is going on the clutch only has 141 miles on it lmk what u think thanks

1SOL2NV
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
keep the del sol .... problem solved .sorry for not much help ..

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
lol i sold the del sol but ia is not letting me change my sig lol it keeps messing up so as soon as i can change the sig im going to kuz right now i look like a retard with a sol sig and own a dsm

keep the del sol .... problem solved .sorry for not much help ..

STRteg
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
master cylinder? slave cylinder? shoulda kept the honda....

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 01:51 PM
i was thinking that it might be that too i bled the slave last night and it didnt do much.

master cylinder? slave cylinder? shoulda kept the honda....

Motivation
12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
It's a hydraulic clutch...

It's probably a master cylinder or something... Hopefully it won't be too expensive of a fix...

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:09 PM
ya im hoping so i just got the car 2 days ago lol so im kinda pissed.. its the silver one in the mitsu section of the fs

It's probably a master cylinder or something... Hopefully it won't be too expensive of a fix...

Motivation
12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Did the clutch act like that when you bought it? Maybe it has a lot more miles than you were told... or ragged out right when it was put in... Who sold it to you?

STRteg

yeah thats what i was thinking,check the master cylinder and when you bled the slave cylinder did it help at all?

94_cd5
the master cyl looks to be new but the slave not so much

94_cd5
no it didnt really help at all i mean there was air in the line but it didnt really make a diff.

yeah thats what i was thinking,check the master cylinder and when you bled the slave cylinder did it help at all?

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
abstract is his name. the car is still up in the fs section of mitsu

Did the clutch act like that when you bought it? Maybe it has a lot more miles than you were told... or ragged out right when it was put in... Who sold it to you?

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
no it didnt really help at all i mean there was air in the line but it didnt really make a diff.

well then time to check that clutch,i have a floor jack a 2x4 piece of wood,and a tool set from auto zone and a cooler of beers wanna tackle it?:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
it was doing it a little but not like this now it wont go into any gear with out grinding so im not driving it now i donw wanna destroy the tranny.. when i first got it the clutch was engeuging like not even half a inch off the floor and it was a fast engage not slow.

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:16 PM
lol u got that 4.99 tool set we got on sale right now?? lol i work at autozone

well then time to check that clutch,i have a floor jack a 2x4 piece of wood,and a tool set from auto zone and a cooler of beers wanna tackle it?:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:16 PM
it was doing it a little but not like this now it wont go into any gear with out grinding so im not driving it now i donw wanna destroy the tranny.. when i first got it the clutch was engeuging like not even half a inch off the floor and it was a fast engage not slow.

How long have you been driving it before it got like this?

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
1 day... i have only had the car for 2 days

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
lol u got that 4.99 tool set we got on sale right now?? lol i work at autozone

hells yeah you know it man only the finest with that 4.99 also included lifetime replacement of any tool:lmfao::lmfao:

which autozone you work at?

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
thats the link to the car http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186706

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
the one off buford hwy across from the krystals and kroger

hells yeah you know it man only the finest with that 4.99 also included lifetime replacement of any tool:lmfao::lmfao:

which autozone you work at?

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:20 PM
1 day... i have only had the car for 2 days

hm...man i seriously honestly think its gotta be a master or slave cylinder issue cluthes just dont go like that i mean not usually unless your trying to speed and power shift to every damn place you go

Motivation
12-12-2008, 02:20 PM

He only got it a few days ago...

Congrats on the car, it looks great!

Not sure what to tell you if it's not the master cylinder... But I would check into it... Oh, That lightened flywheel might be a pain if it is too light... RPMs will drop too much in between shifts and you lose some boost that way. Hopefully it's not that light though... Hopefully you can fix it for a reasonable price... GADSM.org Dejontools.com and thedsmgraveyard.com are going to all be your friend! trust me. lol and most of all VFAQ.com will answer pretty much any question you can have about a dsm!!!

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
the one off buford hwy across from the krystals and kroger

yeah i know which one your talking about

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Not sure what to tell you if it's not the master cylinder... But I would check into it... Oh, That lightened flywheel might be a pain if it is too light... RPMs will drop too much in between shifts and you lose some boost that way. Hopefully it's not that light though... Hopefully you can fix it for a reasonable price... GADSM.org Dejontools.com and thedsmgraveyard.com are going to all be your friend! trust me. lol and most of all VFAQ.com will answer pretty much any question you can have about a dsm!!!

Good advice from a DSM owner,my friends gotta 92 eagle talon tsi and he was havin some problems with his clutch similar to the problem your describing and we replaced the pin in his slave cylinder and bled the system pulled the clutch checked it out,we already had it apart so we put another one (used) but still had alot of grip left and it fixed the prob

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:25 PM
ya im leaning toward slave cyl kuz the master looks brand new

hm...man i seriously honestly think its gotta be a master or slave cylinder issue cluthes just dont go like that i mean not usually unless your trying to speed and power shift to every damn place you go

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:26 PM
ya its a brand new clutch according to the guy i got it from and he had recipt for it so im 99% sure its new but the slave is old

Good advice from a DSM owner,my friends gotta 92 eagle talon tsi and he was havin some problems with his clutch similar to the problem your describing and we replaced the pin in his slave cylinder and bled the system pulled the clutch checked it out,we already had it apart so we put another one (used) but still had alot of grip left and it fixed the prob

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
thanks bro i love the car i just want it to run :/

Motivation
12-12-2008, 02:28 PM
thanks bro i love the car i just want it to run :/

It's a DSM... get used to it. :lmao:

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
ya its a brand new clutch according to the guy i got it from and he had recipt for it so im 99% sure its new but the slave is old

well take it off and check it out man its easier to replace than the clutch and hopefully that will get you runnin again and afterwards i would do routine check tranny fluid cluth fluid so on and so on just to be safe cause you dont wanna trash that tranny,lol then your gonna have a whole nother set of probs

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:30 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: so true

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:31 PM
ya as soon as i get it runnin im gonna get tranny fluid changed and i bled the shit out of the slavee almost empty yesterday so its all new fluin in there

well take it off and check it out man its easier to replace than the clutch and hopefully that will get you runnin again and afterwards i would do routine check tranny fluid cluth fluid so on and so on just to be safe cause you dont wanna trash that tranny,lol then your gonna have a whole nother set of probs

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:31 PM
lol y a i know its my 2nd one my other one didnt give me a single prob. same car just fwd

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
ya as soon as i get it runnin im gonna get tranny fluid changed and i bled the shit out of the slave almost empty yesterday so its all new fluid in there

good deal:goodjob::goodjob: lmk if i can help you anymore

Motivation
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
lol y a i know its my 2nd one my other one didnt give me a single prob. same car just fwd

Yeah my first one was fwd... I had 245k on the odometer before my brother totalled it and it still ran strong... This one is awd and some other things and it's been a constant work in progress... But honestly, once you fix a problem it makes ya feel better about your car... plan on turning a lot of wrenches... and it's a dsm, so have a bag of zipties ready too! :goodjob:

STRteg
12-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah my first one was fwd... I had 245k on the odometer before my brother totalled it and it still ran strong... This one is awd and some other things and it's been a constant work in progress... But honestly, once you fix a problem it makes ya feel better about your car... plan on turning a lot of wrenches... and it's a dsm, so have a bag of zipties ready too! :goodjob:

Ive never heard the experience of owning a DSM so well spoken :lmfao:

Motivation
12-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Ive never heard the experience of owning a DSM so well spoken :lmfao:

lol, yeah but it makes owning it that much more fun... and educational. lol.

I love my dsm still.

94_cd5
12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
thanks for all the advice im headded to qwork now

STRteg
lol, yeah but it makes owning it that much more fun... and educational. lol.

I love my dsm still.

Oh of course when regularly maintained like any car needs to be they are great cars to have no doubt:yes:

STRteg
thanks for all the advice im headded to qwork now

yeah man take it easy and try not to get get too deep into the zone!

1gDSM
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
what kind of clutch was put in it?

the place to check the master cyl. is under the dash if it is bad it will leak down on the firewall. i had two dsm's with this problem.
word of advice get an extended slave cyl. rod.

hondaman050
12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
the guy said the clutch was a 6 puck and that it was new i bet he didn't break it in my buddy did that to his and his sh*t self destructed?? just throwin it out there

Motivation
12-17-2008, 10:10 PM
from what I hear, the tranny was bad and had a crack in it. I don't believe he has the car anymore. I think he sold it back to the guy he bought it from...

scabtastic
12-17-2008, 11:46 PM
yeah i was reading that for sale thread...like the first page said it had a new tranny and like the last had a bad one.

STRteg
12-18-2008, 12:52 AM
yeah i was reading that for sale thread...like the first page said it had a new tranny and like the last had a bad one.

Snaps! - busted:police:

94_cd5
12-27-2008, 01:31 PM
u r a smart guy lol the tranny, transfer case and clutch dick were all cracked amd yes i sold it back to the guy but thanks for the help

from what I hear, the tranny was bad and had a crack in it. I don't believe he has the car anymore. I think he sold it back to the guy he bought it from...

94_cd5
12-27-2008, 01:32 PM
ya he was.... he said new tranny but the nigght i got home i smelled something a little weird didnt smell like motor oil or gas so i loked under the car and there was gear oil all over the place i was sooooo pissed lol

Snaps! - busted:police: