PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Ukraine?

HachiDori
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Can you translate something for me?

If so please pm me!

Thanks in advance! :boobies:

Juggernaut
12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.stars21.com/translator/ukrainian_to_english.html

RandomGuy
12-12-2008, 02:32 PM
나는 작은 남자가 좋아요

HachiDori
12-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I used that translator, It sucks monkey nuts.

Please translate this with all seriousness

"Malchik po molchi nye znayesh s kem dela imeyesh"

Halfwit
12-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I used that translator, It sucks monkey nuts.

Please translate this with all seriousness

oh shit!! how weird!

translation:

'please give halfwit the literal contents of your signature"

quickdodgeŽ
12-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Я провів перші 10 років мого життя в Україні. Пізніше, QD.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 08:37 AM

thats not Ukrainian its Russian.

It translates to.

"Little boy be quite, you do not know who you are dealing with"

Malchik means boy, but more often than not it pertains to little boys.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Я провів перші 10 років мого життя в Україні. Пізніше, QD.

wow, never expected you to know Ukrainian. 10 years you say huh? Were you born there?

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2008, 08:49 AM
wow, never expected you to know Ukrainian. 10 years you say huh? Were you born there?

Nope. Just kidding on that. I just learned the language. I did that with a lot of European languages back in my high school days. Later, QD.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Nope. Just kidding on that. I just learned the language. I did that with a lot of European languages back in my high school days. Later, QD.

thats impressive man, props to ya.

I speak fluent Russian, and when my mom, or some of Ukrainian friends start with that, I cant understand a single word of it. Even though it sounds like I should.

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2008, 09:06 AM
thats impressive man, props to ya.

People that don't know me, don't realize I'm not an idiot by any means.

I speak fluent Russian, and when my mom, or some of Ukrainian friends start with that, I cant understand a single word of it. Even though it sounds like I should.

Oh when it comes to natives speaking their dialect, I might as well be on the moon. Just as in the English language, you throw in some local slang words and any one that thinks they know the language will feel as new to it as a baby to the world. I have French in my family so that was my motivation to learn European languages. Plus the fact that I was very good at soccer and was weeks from moving to Stratford Upon Avon to play back in the mid 80s. Later, QD.

EJ25RUN
12-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I feel bad cause i speak Russian (first language) but i came to America before i ever learned to read and write in Russian.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 09:13 AM
I feel bad cause i speak Russian (first language) but i came to America before i ever learned to read and write in Russian.

same here actually man. I was 6 when we moved to the states. Up until I was 20 my Russian was horrible. But then I started (still am) dating a Russian girl who refuses to speak to me in English. So now 2 years into it, my Russian is much better, almost fluent to a degree at least, and I learned to read a little bit of it as well. Even though I read slower than a 6 year old.

EJ25RUN
12-27-2008, 09:15 AM
same here actually man. I was 6 when we moved to the states. Up until I was 20 my Russian was horrible. But then I started (still am) dating a Russian girl who refuses to speak to me in English. So now 2 years into it, my Russian is much better, almost fluent to a degree at least, and I learned to read a little bit of it as well. Even though I read slower than a 6 year old.

Yeah i was 7.

Considering taking it for my next foreign language class.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Do it, its gonna be the easiest A you will ever make.

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2008, 09:28 AM
and I learned to read a little bit of it as well. Even though I read slower than a 6 year old.

I can read (understand) foreign languages much better than I can speak them. Later, QD.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 09:30 AM
I can read (understand) foreign languages much better than I can speak them. Later, QD.

yeah that's usually common. During my teen years, I could understand almost everything said to me in Russian, but I always had to respond in English. Thats not the case now though.

ultm8mind
12-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Stop going on the Ukrainian bride sites, LOL, jk......

ironchef
12-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I feel bad cause i speak Russian (first language) but i came to America before i ever learned to read and write in Russian.Same here, I moved here before I started school there. I learned how to read/write @ an elementary level in college lol.

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Damn, lots of Russian peeps on IA.

whoda thunk it.

ironchef
12-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Is it time to start a mafia yet? :D

TheProfiteer
12-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Is it time to start a mafia yet? :D

fuck yeah

I'll be in charge of the racketeering.

§treet_§peed
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
나는 작은 남자가 좋아요I love the little guy. o rly?

HachiDori
12-28-2008, 05:42 PM
lol

My girl sent that to me and it bugged the shit out of me!

Thanks