PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods help me drop this piece of ... art :)

miro_gt
12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9022/picture1570postcy6.jpg

- I like a nice medium drop, but not too much since this is my daily driver;
- I don't want to pay arm and a leg, so price range - not too much above 1000;
- I want my damn tires to stop wearing out the inside edge only;
- I want stability over 100mph;
- I want to take corners without the feeling of roll over;
- I don't go to the track often;
- I want to do this one time and be done with it, so should be reliable;

so, with that in mind, I came up with this:

Eibach Pro Springs - 189;
Eibach Pro Damper kit - 269;
OmniPower Front Upper Camber Arm - 159; (Skunk2 costs 220 or so)
bunch of washers to adjust the rear camber arm - 5; (or find some cheap adjustable arms)
front strut bar - whatever cheap streight one I find; (none so far)(that could wait too)

- shop would charge me about 250 if the kit comes assembled, and about 450 if they have to assemble the springs to the struts/shocks. + tax.

- alignment - like 100, due to chamber adjustments as well.

Would that do it ?

----

P.S.
- I've heard some bad things about omnipower so should I change the chamber with skunk2 ?
- And would eibach sportline springs be a better way to go ?

yunglaosta
12-12-2008, 09:12 AM
how low u tryna go

Sport1.3
12-12-2008, 09:14 AM
cut the springs and put some cinder blocks in your trunk

miro_gt
12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
how low u tryna go

as low as it would still have like 1 finger gap between the tire and the fender.

should I get the Pro or the Sportline springs ?

The BUCKY
12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
d2 coilovers and i will install them and some washers for 100

yunglaosta
12-12-2008, 03:59 PM
well if ur picking between the eibachs i would say the sport line so dat u can drop both the front and da back almost evenly

Echonova
12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
RS*R down springs and some decent shocks.

tdurr
12-12-2008, 06:09 PM
go full coilovers. Either that or ground controls + koni agx struts. That way u can adjust ur ride height whenever you want.

EmminoDaGreat
12-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Camber kit wont do anything for you(it will give you adjustability, but you do not need it in this area now). Your main cause of tire wear will be toe. Just throw your suspension on it and align. I did mine w/ no camber kit (adjusting toe only) and it greatly reduced the wear of my tires. Often this is assumed to be camber but it is not.

EJ_Allmota
12-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Camber kit wont do anything for you(it will give you adjustability, but you do not need it in this area now). Your main cause of tire wear will be toe. Just throw your suspension on it and align. I did mine w/ no camber kit (adjusting toe only) and it greatly reduced the wear of my tires. Often this is assumed to be camber but it is not.
QFT homie!!! i rock camber daily with pride but my shit is aligned so my tires dont wear too bad at all..

miro_gt
12-13-2008, 01:11 AM
hey thanks for the replies guys.

the problems is that the car has been aligned 2 times in the past 4 years and keeps doing the same thing. Either the place that I go to is not very good, thought they bought that 4 wheel laser system, or I've got other problems. The car ate the stock tires the same way when I bought it, like 5 years ago .. but this pisses me off every time since I have to put new tires every year or so. And I'm sick of it.

so I think I've got toe-out, but with that, when I look at the wheel streight from the top, I can see the bottom of the wheel going outwards of the car about 1/2 inch. So I thought the camber kit can fix that, which in turn would help with the tire wear.

and so far the choice changed to Koni yellows + Eibach springs (still not sure which ones, since I cant find pictures for some reason), and maybe installation helf from somebody rather than going to shop.

Got Milk?
12-13-2008, 10:01 AM
why not do this work your self?

bigdare23
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
How about Neuspeed sport springs? They will give you the ride height you're looking for.

miro_gt
12-13-2008, 06:33 PM
well I don't have spring compressor and impact gun, and it's kinda cold outside and I don't have a garage. So the installation will suck for me right now.

I chose Eibach springs cause those have been known to be good since forever.

Barefoot
12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
- I want to take corners without the feeling of roll over;
i would recommend a ls/gsr swap bar setup front and rear.

mp5o
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Where is your inner wear? Front or rear? Check your bushings, replace as necessary, install your springs/shocks, and re-align. You should be fine then... Make sure you take it to a reputable shop for the alignment.

Got Milk?
12-16-2008, 10:21 PM
well I don't have spring compressor and impact gun, and it's kinda cold outside and I don't have a garage. So the installation will suck for me right now.

I chose Eibach springs cause those have been known to be good since forever.

you can rent a spring compressor at auto parts or any other store. And what do u need the impact gun for, put some muscle into it. And drop your balls and do it ur self man, who cares if its lil cold out side, ill even come and give u a hand.

miro_gt
12-17-2008, 01:01 AM
so I buy beers and you guys come help me then :D

Barefoot
12-17-2008, 02:59 AM
And what do u need the impact gun for, put some muscle into it. And drop your balls and do it ur self manbump that. impact it all day never have to break a sweat.

miro_gt
02-15-2009, 06:03 PM
update

--

well, I ended up doing it by myself :|

I went with Eibach Sportlines, Koni Yellows, and front Skunk2 Pro camber kit (much needed because with all the way out setting I still have negative camber .. damn).

now I'm tucking tire - front fender :( .. but whatever, I pulled it out with hands as much as I could, will see what happened tomorrow. Also, have to bend the rear fenders too somehow. But hey, the new suspension FTW :D

now up for alignment

will post picture soon if anybody interested.

speedminded
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
How much were the Eibach Sportlines and Koni yellows?

miro_gt
02-15-2009, 07:20 PM
like 670 both, shipped

afwfjustin
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Congrats, now rent a fender roller and be done with it. Get one of the ones that attach to the hub, not the "baseball bat" kind. Use a heatgun and go slowly.

miro_gt
02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Congrats, now rent a fender roller and be done with it. Get one of the ones that attach to the hub, not the "baseball bat" kind. Use a heatgun and go slowly.

where can I get one from ?? Does autozone rent these things ? :thinking:

thanks