PDA

View Full Version : Home washer/dryer issues?

Mr. Clean
12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Alright we have a relatively new Inglis washer and dryer (yr or so) and we had it in our apartment for that whole time. Everything worked perfect. Now we just moved to this new place and all in a sudden our clothes don't dry for shit. I've had to run the dryer like 3 full "towel" setting drys to get clothes completely dry. Even the smaller loads don't dry. Now obviously I can't keep running the dryer 3 fucking times every time I wash clothes.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with the dryer because it still gets hot as fuck and that's all a dryer really does. I think the washer isn't spinning the clothes dry correctly or something. It does finish its cycles though, but I've noticed it vibrates like crazy, making me think that it may be out of balance or something and not spinning as fast or long as it needs to or something :dunno:.

anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

bottom line:

worked fine one day
moved, now clothes don't dry.

JessAlba452
12-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I had that happen when I moved into an older house. First time we used the dryer the same thing happened lol no heat as if you had it on air dry. Even though it worked before at the townhouse. Turned out to be the power source from the house.

Moved recently to anther house and it works fine lol.

So check out your power source first :D

inutero93
12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
if you have a multi meter check the socket for the dryer and washer

dryer 220
washer 110

put the multimeter on the right setting i believe its 600 for 220 volts and 200 for 110 volts

if its good it should read around 225-240 for the dryer and for the washer 120-130 if its only half of that could have a bad wiring in socket

Mrs. Purp
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
isn't there a way that the vent from the dryer leading outside gets clogged? I think that's what's wrong with ours... but the men here are just too lazy to fix anything.

STRteg
12-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I think the transmission mount is worn out on your washer:lmfao:

No but really idk...

scttydb411
12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
check to make sure the exhaust vent isn't clogged...it'll prevent the clothes from drying even if the element is heating up the dryer compartment.

grab the washer agitator and shake the whole wash-tub back and forth. sometimes the unit gets stuck and won't spin and a good shake or 3 will loosen it up...have to do it occasionally on my washer. i know when to do it when the clothes seem to be way too wet after the washer stops.

another thing that can do it is if the washer/dryer is in a non-heated area (utility area in a garage, carport, add-on section of house, etc). if it's too cold in the environment the dryer is in it'll take longer too.

primespark22
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
lol at this thread:lmfao: :lmfao:

uproot
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
def. check your exhaust. and you lint screen, hopefully you check that every time anyway, lol... oh and change the oil and plug wires

Mr. Clean
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
lololol. thanks for the serious help some of you lol.

the exhaust is fine and the screen is fine. like i said before, the dryer still gets super hot, i mean i don't notice any difference in heat output from before. it just seems like the clothes are wetter than they should be when the dryer finishes.

i guess if i can't figure anything out i'm just going to have to rebuild the head. maybe a valve is bent or something lolol.

general tech is where i ask all my questions. home or auto.

uproot
12-11-2008, 10:11 PM
is it still under warranty?

STRteg
12-11-2008, 10:14 PM
No no no ok ok look all joking aside man seriously now i really honestly believe with all my heart and all my knowledge of washers its most likely a compression problem in one of your cylinders :yes:

Mr. Clean
12-11-2008, 10:17 PM
is it still under warranty?

not real sure... i'll have to ask my step dad. i don't really think anything catastrophic happened to fuck it up during our move though. you thinking service call or something?

uproot
12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
if its still covered, then use that shit man :goodjob:

Mr. Clean
12-11-2008, 10:39 PM
haha. i'll def. have to ask. i gotta go over to my parents' tomorrow anyway.

03RCode
12-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Mr. Clean having problems with his washer? Ironic.

Tech5
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I think your Vtec wire isnt plugged in!

But to be honest sounds like a LOOSE belt

1SOL2NV
12-12-2008, 01:47 AM
LOL justin and his Epic threads here lately .... first it was a House build thread ...... Now this .. whats next ??? lol .... imma agree with josh ... i think its low in vtec fluid !!!!!! ROFL +3 man !

seanrg1116
12-12-2008, 08:42 AM
the filter needs to be washed, take it out and run it underwater if the water pools on top of it then it needs to be washed. This is a common problem with dryers some people never wash the filter they just take the lint off. The real problem is that fabric softner creates a wax build up in the mesh and that makes it hard for the dyer to work properly. This will eventually cause premature failure of the heating element.

Short story is take the filter and wash it with warm soapy water and dry it off, put it back in

Atlblkz06
12-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Well you moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer right, you should know if the washer isnt working right.

My bet is that you have a clogged dryer vent. Move the dryer back and stick one up these puppies in the vent and clean it spotless:
http://www.steam-brite.com/store/images/vent_cleaning_brush.jpg

frostbyte
12-12-2008, 09:43 AM
lol its the lint shield WASHER fluid thats low.. aww hell ftw thro a three fity in tha sammitch and drive around the block on it with clothes hangin on a rope flappin in da wind.. nothin like driftin a dryer on a cold day least ya ass stays warm..

seanrg1116
12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
lol its the lint shield WASHER fluid thats low.. aww hell ftw thro a three fity in tha sammitch and drive around the block on it with clothes hangin on a rope flappin in da wind.. nothin like driftin a dryer on a cold day least ya ass stays warm..

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

STRteg
12-12-2008, 11:52 AM

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

:thinking: