PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods N/A build... opinions please

wespirl
12-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I've built a couple boosted motors but a friend wants me to buil him a N/A motor. Since this is new territory for me I figured I'd get some opinions.

I've read Mike's sticky thread above and I'll be using some of his recommendations.

One of my biggest problems is that the highest grade of Gas we get here (jamaica) is 90 so I don't want to run into the problem of too high a compression with not enough fuel.

ANyway... here is what I have in mind:

Gsr block (81mm)
Itr rods w/ arp bolts
Pr3 pistons

Jdm Itr head
sk2/blox IM
310's
walbro 255
Not sure what header just yet

Access to a good maching shop to get the head worked on is pretty much impossible unless I send it to te states... and he working on a budget

There u have it... opinions would be greatly appreciated. Oh, shooting for around 200whp

southside
12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Smaller fuel pump alot of people say 255 are overboard, Just get Oem honda one

Vteckidd
12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
dont listen to him ^^^^^

there is no such thing as too big a fuel pump FYI. GO with the walbro 255, its cheap, and its more than what you need. Id never trust a old fuel pump on my freshly built motor.

Headwork isnt really needed with the build you have laid out, you prob wont see 200whp on a dynojet. very FEW OEM builds make that kind of power.

you are going to need camshafts, id prob go with Skunk2 PRO1s if it were my car, or BC3+ if i didnt want to change valvetrain.

Header wise, any of the 3 i sell will work, id recommend the RMF NArrow Replica as it makes the most power, then the Hytech Replica

jdmda9
12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
X2!
dont listen to him ^^^^^

there is no such thing as too big a fuel pump FYI. GO with the walbro 255, its cheap, and its more than what you need. Id never trust a old fuel pump on my freshly built motor.

Headwork isnt really needed with the build you have laid out, you prob wont see 200whp on a dynojet. very FEW OEM builds make that kind of power.

you are going to need camshafts, id prob go with Skunk2 PRO1s if it were my car, or BC3+ if i didnt want to change valvetrain.

Header wise, any of the 3 i sell will work, id recommend the RMF NArrow Replica as it makes the most power, then the Hytech Replica

southside
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
dont listen to him ^^^^^

Header wise, any of the 3 i sell will work, id recommend the RMF NArrow Replica as it makes the most power, then the Hytech ReplicaI didnt say use all I said was simple get oem honda one :lmfao: I forgot this is IA ,So let me give you instructions Go to honda Dealer

Vteckidd
12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
no, you assume wrong. Im eant he should replace it no matter what

why buy a NEW OEM pump when you can get a walbro for $85 shipped.

why replace a stock pump that is only capable of 150lph or less for MORE MONEY.

Tell me why a 255 fuel pump is TOO BIG and why its a problem....

Tank
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I didnt say use all I said was simple get oem honda one :lmfao: I forgot this is IA ,So let me give you instructions Go to honda Dealer
Dude on NA honda's Mike knows his shit he didnt make that monster Rex from nothing bro, and theres nothing wrong with upgrading fuel pumps better rich on fuel then have no fuel at all...

southside
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
no, you assume wrong. Im eant he should replace it no matter what

why buy a NEW OEM pump when you can get a walbro for $85 shipped.

why replace a stock pump that is only capable of 150lph or less for MORE MONEY.

Tell me why a 255 fuel pump is TOO BIG and why its a problem....I dont know alot of people told me dont use them for allmotor setups.Alot of people say use 195lph I didnt know Oem Honda ones were 150lph I thought they were 195lph.Well you live and learn :goodjob:

Dude on NA honda's Mike knows his shit he didnt make that monster Rex from nothing bro, and theres nothing wrong with upgrading fuel pumps better rich on fuel then have no fuel at all...I was just stating my opinion.

wespirl
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
ok mike... if u wanted to build a 200+ whp NA setup what would u do? forged internals are also an option

owweee
12-11-2008, 06:46 PM
me i would just get it sleeve to a 2.0l and do some head work and call it a day..but there's alot of 1.8l that make a little over 200..check on honda-tech..there's way more source and a lot more people that can help you out..:goodjob:

ok mike... if u wanted to build a 200+ whp NA setup what would u do? forged internals are also an option

jap_racer1
12-12-2008, 01:09 AM
on my car right now i have a GSR block bored out to 82 mm and they are pr3 pistons on GSR rods stock GSR crank balanced ACL race bearings, dual springs titanium retainers comp cams stage two 63402a-2 aem cam gears 440cc injectors holley 255 feul pump feul pressure regulator, some crap headers and thats it shit runs good but not done with the toon i am hoping to hit close to 2 if not 2 but i want to buy mr kidds new header he made but cant afford it!!

jap_racer1
12-12-2008, 01:11 AM
all a feul pump does is increase your flow go ahead and get the big one so if you make any changes later it dont mattter when you get it tuned he will set all that straight!!

BABY J
12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Why does every1 build "OEM" N/A motors (pistons/intake mani's)? I don't get it - LOL. Get some GREZ 12.0 - hell even some Probes if you are tryna keep it a budget build. Do NOT skimp on the header b/c w/ the head you are using you are gonna need a serious header to compensate for the "stockish" head you will be running.

Secondly... in PR you are only 1 octane below what the west coast gets outta the pump (Cali) -- and there are some serious pump-gas builds there. 90 octane is hardly low enough to worry about (based on the build list you have stated) IMO. This build so SO mild that I hope the car is going on a diet and getting a lighter rotating assembly (ie. SCAT rods are lighter and stronger than the ITRs) and LSD.