PDA

View Full Version : Calling out any Other local Forum (GA) !! FOR CHARITY!! CAN IT BE DONE!!!

Julio
12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey guys... I know is short notice! But lets make this happen!

When I read this, it got my attention :

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208266&page=1&pp=20

Sounds like a great event... Every year I personlly choose one event or organization and donate a few toys for xmas...

And the reason this caught my attention was the fact that they are also doing a cruise with the event and we can all drop of the toys at the location "Scottish Rite" . Sounds like fun event.

BTW : This is not being put on by Importatlanta. I don't even know the people doing the event.
I would really like to see this site and other local sites support if possible!

I know some of you kick a$$ members on here are members on other local sites. Please post it on there site ! Copy and Paste this event!

Lets forget about our Online Ego's and Do this for the kids!!!

Calling out :

s2katlanta.com
wrxatlanta.com
Importlounge.com
240atlanta.com
GAdsm.org
evolutionse.com
mx5atlanta.com

Hows it going everybody? This is the official announcement of the First annual Lubys Cruise for Kids. This year we will be doing a cruise to benefit Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta. The entry fee will be one new unwrapped toy. The cruise will be on dec 20th @ 12:30. We will all meet up at Lubys Bar and Grill in Lawrenceville. The cruise will take us up 985 north of Lake Lanier and back down 400 where we will stop at Scottish Rite to deliver the toys to the hospital ourselves. After the cruise we will head back to Lubys for one last Tuner Meet before Christmas. Remember guys and gals this is for some very deserving children who dont get to spend the holidays at home with thier family and friends like all of us. Lets put a smile on those faces and feel good at the same time. The route is yet to be determined I will post it up on Mon Dec 8th.

Alright guys and gals here is the toy list for the kiddies:

INFANTS/TODDLERS

RATTLES AND SQUEEZE TOYS (NON CLOTH)
NON BREAKABLE MIRRORS/ MUSIC BOXES
TEETHING RINGS (NON CLOTH)
BABY'S FIRST BLOCKS AND PLAY GYM
POP UP TOYS
TOYS THAT LIGHT UP OR MAKE NOISE

PRESCHOOL

TOUCH BOOKS
BABY EINSTEIN PRODUCTS
KENNER PLAY-DOH
LITTLE TYKES TOYS
MR POTATOE HEAD
BIG WHEELS
COLORING BOOKS/BIG CRAYONS
FISHER PRICE PEEK-A-BLOCKS

SCHOOL AGE

MAGNA DOODLE
BOARD GAMES(MONOPOLY JUNIOR, SORRY, CONNECT FOUR, ETC.)
BARBIES
SPIDERMAN
DORA THE EXPLORER
SHREK
DOLLS

ADOLESCENTS

GIFT CARDS TO POPULAR STORES
UNO CARDS
JENGA
TABOO
PLAYING CARDS
WORD SEARCH/CROSSWORD PUZZLES
MODELS
CRAFT KITS
STATIONARY
PEN AND PENCIL SETS
CD'S (EDITED)
PG-13 VIDEOS AND DVDS
DISCMAN
JOURNALS
NERF BALLS
DIARIES

REMEMBER USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND THINK OF WHAT YOU WOULD WANT AT THIS AGE. THIS IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT WE ALL NEED TO THINK OF THOSE LESS FORTUNATE. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE THIS A MEMORABLE EVENT FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.:yay:

Lets try to make this happen !

:D ;) :eek: :bump:

HondaCivic
12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Good cause! Props to you guys for doing this! Great people! Ill try to stop by with my buddies! Since,Im not far from Luby's ill try to stop by!

Elbow
12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
www.mx5atlanta.com

I'll post it there

OG-Skinny
12-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Wow.. great cause.. too bad I'll be out of town for the rest of 08' starting the 17th.

Make it happen IA and others!

4dmin
12-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta is an amazing organization. My wife worked there for a while when she was in grad school and I know quite a few people on IA that work there as Pharmacist, Nurses, etc. This is a great organization to support :goodjob:

SLOWLYbtngU
12-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta is an amazing organization. My wife worked there for a while when she was in grad school and I know quite a few people on IA that work there as Pharmacist, Nurses, etc. This is a great organization to support :goodjob:
:yes: Agreed...While I do not miss working there I do miss the children...They made any issues at work seem minimal. They were def a reality check as to why we were there. :)

cactusEG
12-11-2008, 10:15 AM
What about atlantasrteets.com ?

aguynamedpat
12-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Its already been posted on GAdsm.

Id absolutely LOVE to do it, but I will be out of town the 19th through the 21st.

Everyone, grab a toy, no matter the price, and head out to the cruise. Gas is cheap enough now to just go cruise, and this is a great cause. Im volunteering at school today to help sort toys for toys for tots, and we already delivered donations to the Hi-Hope Center in Lawrenceville (help adults with mental disabilities), and donated money to St. Jude's while working at Dick's. It really puts a smile on your face and makes you feel good about yourself when you see these people's reactions to your gift. Something so small to you may mean the WORLD to these children, dont miss out on this!

NAMNORI
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Thank you for all of your help ladies and gentlemen. this is really appreciated!! reps when i can.

BKgen®
12-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Goon Squad will be there in full force :goodjob:

AirMax95
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I am in for it......

I know of 2 other organization that will donate also.

Julio
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
What about atlantasrteets.com ?

I forgot about that website.

Would be cool if someone would post it on there..

But don't waste your time... No one will see it :lmfao:

cactusEG
12-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I forgot about that website.

Would be cool if someone would post it on there..

But don't waste your time... No one will see it :lmfao:

LMAO that cold, but funny and true LOL BUAHAHA ! !

NAMNORI
12-13-2008, 04:54 PM
thank you to all who are coming out to this event if you have already posted on the cruise for kids thread thank you if not post up b/c we are doing a roll call to see how many cars are coming!