PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Volkswagen Scirocco Studie R

YoTa_BoX
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
World premiere II: the new Scirocco Studie R

-From car racing to the street: In May 2008, two Scirocco GT24 race cars finished first and second in their class at the 24-hour race on the Nürburgring track. Now Volkswagen is presenting a street version of the race car at the Bologna Motor Show: the Scirocco Studie R has a 198 kW / 270 PS engine for everyday practicality, yet it still delivers aggressive propulsive power. This power is distributed by a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. Adapted directly from car racing are the coilovers, four-piston brake calipers and a sound-optimized exhaust system.

-Visually, the concept car emulates the racing version to a great extent. An homage to Italy: the tri-colors of the motor show host country are represented by green, white and red elements of both the exterior and interior.

EJ_Allmota
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I like it but the AUTOBOX pictured FTL

alpine_aw11
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
That interior is so awesome, much like the rest of the car. The Big 3 needs to be taking notes.

BKgen®
12-09-2008, 10:28 PM
That interior is so awesome, much like the rest of the car. The Big 3 needs to be taking notes.

I really doubt the Big 3 is going to have a need for making cars like this. :2cents:

alpine_aw11
12-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I really doubt the Big 3 is going to have a need for making cars like this. :2cents:

I'm just saying they need to start making some decently put together cars, the interiors are shit for American vehicles.

I wish the Scirocco was coming here.

BKgen®
12-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm just saying they need to start making some decently put together cars

LOL RIGHT

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

RL...
12-10-2008, 12:47 AM
BA:yes:

mp5o
12-10-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm just saying they need to start making some decently put together cars, the interiors are shit for American vehicles.

I wish the Scirocco was coming here.

Hey now.... There are a few exceptions :D

http://www.gtoforum.com/photopost/data/508/68bg_image6.jpg

Alan®
12-10-2008, 02:00 AM
seats look different in those pics from others i have seen. Looks good.

EJ25RUN
12-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Needs a proper manual.

ironchef
12-10-2008, 07:04 AM
I'd take a Scirocco over a GTI any day!

Ed
12-10-2008, 07:36 AM
that thing is so hot. reps

Chuckster
12-10-2008, 07:43 AM
I'd take a Scirocco over a GTI any day!

Which is why we don't have the Scirocco. I would take it over a gti in a heartbeat.

carbongs
12-10-2008, 08:14 AM
yummy seats

Sammich
12-10-2008, 08:16 AM
just awesome

Elbow
12-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Hot minus the auto

Deke
12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm generally not a big fan of hatchbacks, but that thing is hot.

CHADbee
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah cause the ZR1, ACR viper and GT500 all should have gayass flippty non clutch having gearboxs right.

fuck the import trend of having no REAL manual transmission. these bitchs are gonna make me go USDM

Ran
12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I like it except for the Lite-Brite headlights. Looks dumb as hell on Audi and looks just as dumb here.

OneSlow5pt0
12-10-2008, 01:07 PM
looks good,and i agree ran it would look better without the little light bubbles on the sides

Slow Motion
12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I'll take one in black please...thanx

EJ25RUN
12-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I like it except for the Lite-Brite headlights. Looks dumb as hell on Audi and looks just as dumb here.

Led lights are actually getting great approval on the Audi/VW line.

You know it works and is profitable if Porsche decides to use it on the new 911.

yeah cause the ZR1, ACR viper and GT500 all should have gayass flippty non clutch having gearboxs right.

fuck the import trend of having no REAL manual transmission. these bitchs are gonna make me go USDM

Out of what he said, how is that the only thing you saw? Outside of drivetrains, that car has a great bit going for it. For one, you get great styling and interior for barley more than a GTI.

You'd never get that kind of value from an American brand.

And not to get too technical but, USDM?

That just means a car was built for this market. In fact, every car sold in this country is USDM. No matter where it was originally made.

Ran
12-10-2008, 02:18 PM

You know it works and is profitable if Porsche decides to use it on the new 911.Meh, I think it looks hokey personally. I like the rest of the car though.

EJ25RUN
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Meh, I think it looks hokey personally. I like the rest of the car though.

I think it sharpens up the look of the factory Scirroco lights though.

Have you seen an R8, S5, or an other new Audi with those on the street?

i think they look great in the night time and especially in the light hours of the morning or dusk.

CHADbee
12-10-2008, 02:50 PM

You know it works and is profitable if Porsche decides to use it on the new 911.

Out of what he said, how is that the only thing you saw? Outside of drivetrains, that car has a great bit going for it. For one, you get great styling and interior for barley more than a GTI.

You'd never get that kind of value from an American brand.

And not to get too technical but, USDM?

That just means a car was built for this market. In fact, every car sold in this country is USDM. No matter where it was originally made.
it does alot going for it if you are ok with having no clutch, im personally not ok with that so it ruins it for ME. its like a hotass bitch with the aids :lmao:

yeah i said usdm and you know what i meant by it, im sorry i didnt word it the way YOU wanted me to.

EJ25RUN
12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
it does alot going for it if you are ok with having no clutch, im personally not ok with that so it ruins it for ME. its like a hotass bitch with the aids :lmao:

yeah i said usdm and you know what i meant by it, im sorry i didnt word it the way YOU wanted me to.

I understand. I wouldn't buy a car with out a proper gearbox. In fact, I made the saleman feel pretty bad when i went to see the new R32 only to find out it only had paddles.

Something tells me this car will see a proper gearbox eventually.

Ran
12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I think it sharpens up the look of the factory Scirroco lights though.

Have you seen an R8, S5, or an other new Audi with those on the street?

i think they look great in the night time and especially in the light hours of the morning or dusk.I've seen them on the R8 a couple of times. There's a red one that rides on Alpharetta Hwy from time to time. I'm just not a fan. It makes it look too much like a toy IMO. I'd like it better without them.

CHADbee
12-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I understand. I wouldn't buy a car with out a proper gearbox. In fact, I made the saleman feel pretty bad when i went to see the new R32 only to find out it only had paddles.

Something tells me this car will see a proper gearbox eventually.
i think if a manufacture wants to put paddles in a car they should be an option. you chose what you want, it is about making the customer happy. it makes me wonder how many more GTR's and Evo X Mr's would have been sold if offered with a 6 speed manul. :thinking:

EJ25RUN
12-10-2008, 03:07 PM
i think if a manufacture wants to put paddles in a car they should be an option. you chose what you want, it is about making the customer happy. it makes me wonder how many more GTR's and Evo X Mr's would have been sold if offered with a 6 speed manul. :thinking:
This is off topic but the GTR wouldn't be near as fast as it was if offered as a manual. There is to much computer work in that 4wd system that cant be operated by a person. This is why Nissan wont sell it as a manual.

CHADbee
12-10-2008, 03:12 PM
This is off topic but the GTR wouldn't be near as fast as it was if offered as a manual. There is to much computer work in that 4wd system that cant be operated by a person. This is why Nissan wont sell it as a manual.
yeah thats true and it was made to be a beast on the track. i would still rather be a little slower and have a clutch.

i think sometimes its not about how fast a car is, but how much you enjoy driving it.

Ran
12-10-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah thats true and it was made to be a beast on the track. i would still rather be a little slower and have a clutch.

i think sometimes its not about how fast a car is, but how much you enjoy driving it.QFT :cheers:

EJ25RUN
12-10-2008, 06:22 PM

i think sometimes its not about how fast a car is, but how much you enjoy driving it.
You should go find some of my other threads to see i think the same way.