PDA

View Full Version : Custom wire harness

gsrteg
12-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I have already decided on redoing my engine wiring harness, and tucking the wire for that clean look. I just want to know if any fellow IA member here have connection on getting some MIL spec circular connectors, pin contacts, and crimping tools, etc...? If you confused what I'm talking about....look below at the pics, and you'll understand.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/whoasnoopy/2-1.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/whoasnoopy/3-1.jpg

photos Originally Posted by B18EG6 from Honda-tech

The BUCKY
12-09-2008, 03:41 PM
search around. most people arent willing to give up that info because those parts are hard to come by and in limited supply

AnthonyF
12-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Why not google search to find these items?

-Ant.

gsrteg
12-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks Bucky. I've been searching the net, and found some manufactures specializing in these type of connectors, but unsure if they sell to the public. Found some on ebay...but I'll keep searching...If you got connections Pm about it.

search around. most people arent willing to give up that info because those parts are hard to come by and in limited supply

gsrteg
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I have for the past two days...and those connectors are mad expensive, and you have to purchase the contact pins separately, it's not cheap. As for the crimping tool for the contact pins, it goes up in the $100-500. So I'm asking any fellow IA members if they got the hook ups on getting some for cheap...

Why not google search to find these items?

-Ant.

Kaiser
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Probably not. There's a reason those connectors are rare and hard to find. Can I ask why you want these rather than regular connectors?

AnthonyF
12-11-2008, 09:14 AM
I have for the past two days...and those connectors are mad expensive, and you have to purchase the contact pins separately, it's not cheap. As for the crimping tool for the contact pins, it goes up in the $100-500. So I'm asking any fellow IA members if they got the hook ups on getting some for cheap...

well damn, might as well just save up for one or 3. They are uber nice.

-Ant.

STRteg
12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Dayum thats a nice connector i guess your gonna be coughing up money and ordering from the web idk any stores locally that sell this stuff but then i may be wrong gl with your search in any case

rhd_civic_ej
12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
cant say i have a hook up, but i have a friend that works for a friend that makes harness' that is supposed to give me a hook up on a few mil spec connectors, and pins.

but it will be what i pay plus more, cause that will be just one less that i have to play with.

Big Baller
12-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I can get you the connectors and I have a crimper that will be here next week. If you want to build the harness and have me crimp the wires I can probably do that for a fee.

STRteg
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I can get you the connectors and I have a crimper that will be here next week. If you want to build the harness and have me crimp the wires I can probably do that for a fee.

Blonde jesus saves the day:lmfao::goodjob: