PDA

View Full Version : travel help

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 02:27 PM
does anyone know of where i can get discounts on a good backpack and some other traveling stuff?

also, does anyone know of anywhere to get the best plane tickets? i have done lots of research and have looked all over and feel that i am pretty prepared, but any help would be great.

Ran
12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I've got a pretty hardcore backpack for hiking and camping if that's what you're looking for. I think it's a North Face. Top and bottom open, side pockets, waist belt, all that good stuff.

It's a $100+ pack but I'd let it go for cheaper. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try to get some pics.

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I've got a pretty hardcore backpack for hiking and camping if that's what you're looking for. I think it's a North Face. Top and bottom open, side pockets, waist belt, all that good stuff.

It's a $100+ pack but I'd let it go for cheaper. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try to get some pics.

yea thats kinda what im looking for. does it have a detachable day pack?
you can email pics to [email protected] or post em on here. whichever

thanks

Random Hero
12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Real men wear fanny packs.

Ran
12-09-2008, 03:06 PM
yea thats kinda what im looking for. does it have a detachable day pack?
you can email pics to [email protected] or post em on here. whichever

thanksNo detachable pack that I'm aware of, but I can't remember. The entire thing is waterproof and it has more storage space than a UPS warehouse. I'll try to get some pics tonight and I'll PM you tomorrow. :goodjob:

AlliRae
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a very nice back pack... large one... bottom part for shoes.. detachable day pack... retail was over 100 easy... was going to europe when I decided to get it... but then i didn't go... I'll sell it for $50 obo....

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a very nice back pack... large one... bottom part for shoes.. detachable day pack... retail was over 100 easy... was going to europe when I decided to get it... but then i didn't go... I'll sell it for $50 obo....

that sounds exactly what im looking for. do you have any pics? im guessing it has never been used. send me pics and we can meet up

No detachable pack that I'm aware of, but I can't remember. The entire thing is waterproof and it has more storage space than a UPS warehouse. I'll try to get some pics tonight and I'll PM you tomorrow. :goodjob:

i really would like one with the detachable daypack but go ahead and send the pics and it maybe worth it.

do either of you know the cubic volume of the pack by any chance?

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 03:26 PM

ha i know. i have considered getting one but i cant find one manly enough, so i think im gonna get like a neon green or a hot pink

Deke
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I believe it already happened this year but I hear great things about the REI scratch and dent sale.

Are you looking for cheap domestic plane tickets?

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 03:45 PM
im going to REI this weekend to get some stuff. thanks

im looking for flights to denmark next june/july

Sammich
12-09-2008, 03:45 PM

REAL MEN DRIVE Z3/Z4 BIMMERS:ninja:

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
REAL MEN DRIVE Z3/Z4 BIMMERS:ninja:

no way man. we all know type r's are better the BMW's.

i still drive a d-series :cry:

Deke
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
im looking for flights to denmark next june/july

Well this doesn't help you as far as getting over there, but if you have to do any flying within Europe, Easy Jet and Ryan Air FTW.

xlivingfor1x
12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Well this doesn't help you as far as getting over there, but if you have to do any flying within Europe, Easy Jet and Ryan Air FTW.

thanks. i wanted to fly to england if it wasnt too much

Deke
12-09-2008, 05:08 PM
thanks. i wanted to fly to england if it wasnt too much

It shouldn't be. I can't remember how much my flight from London to Amsterdam was, but I know I flew roundtrip from London to Dublin on Easy Jet and the flight was "free." I just ended up paying for the fees (I think around 20 pounds or $40). If you get them decently in advance, tickets are super cheap.

Atlblkz06
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Plane tickets:
Honestly delta has pretty ok prices. Also try kayak.com - its pretty good.

Sign up for those frequent flyer miles if you're gonna fly much - its free and that stuff adds up!

I've flown twice internationally on free miles.

xlivingfor1x
12-10-2008, 08:19 AM
It shouldn't be. I can't remember how much my flight from London to Amsterdam was, but I know I flew roundtrip from London to Dublin on Easy Jet and the flight was "free." I just ended up paying for the fees (I think around 20 pounds or $40). If you get them decently in advance, tickets are super cheap.

shit its free! thats sweet. ima have to do that. i cant go all the way to europe and not go to england