PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Of Any Therapy Groups?

Brett
12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Serious question, because I know people on here have lost people close to them or know if people who have, does anyone know of any actual groups for people dealing with loosing a spouce, etc? Like a discussion group that all help eachother face things? I really think I need that but I am not sure where to even look for such a thing.

A.P. Photography
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Not sure if this will help or not but this is one I found.

http://grief.meetup.com/cities/us/ga/atlanta/

Ran
12-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Not trying to bullsh*t here or anything, but we could start an IA Support Group. Just meet up for drinks, smokes, food, or whatever and simply discuss whatever is on our minds. If anyone is serious interested, let me know via PM.

Brett
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Id be up for that, But honestly unless someone has lost someone so close they wouldnt get what this feels like ya know? Thats why I figure maybe a grief group would help me face this head on, these days I am really starting to stuggle with all this.

Thanks Matt!! I will look into that today

Ran
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Id be up for that, But honestly unless someone has lost someone so close they wouldnt get what this feels like ya know? Thats why I figure maybe a grief group would help me face this head on, these days I am really starting to stuggle with all this.

Thanks Matt!! I will look into that todayNot even people that have had loved ones die can experience what you yourself feel. I think just talking about in general with a group of people you're comfortable with is a good way to start. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Brett
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I would be up for a meet like that though also.

Sammich
12-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Not even people that have had loved ones die can experience what you yourself feel. I think just talking about in general with a group of people you're comfortable with is a good way to start. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with.

YEA THATS WHAT I SAY, A BIG PART OF THE WHOLE THERAPY IS TALKING ABOUT IT AND JUST BEING REAL WITH YOURSELF

NevrNufTorq
12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
most larger churches have these types of groups :2cents:

Ran
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
most larger churches have these types of groups :2cents:Hardly ever a good idea unless you're religious though. Open/Closing prayer as well as religious lectures and overtones can ruin your experience if you're not big in the faith.

stephanie
12-09-2008, 07:10 PM
local hospice groups will probably have information about dealing with losing a spouse.
if you have health insurance they may have a nurse call line like my insurance has.

hydroshutter
12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
most larger churches have these types of groups :2cents:

this