PDA

View Full Version : It doesnt get any more racist than this.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I give you. Blackbird.

http://www.blackbirdhome.com/img/logo.gif

Why Download the Blackbird Browser

Because we know the 20 million African Americans online need tools to build and foster community now more than ever.

Because we know that 85% of African Americans prefer online news and information from the Black perspective.*

Because we know that you are twice as likely to be among the first to discover new trends and use advanced technology compared to the general population.*

KFC Locator.

http://www.blackbirdhome.com/index.html

Imagine if we made "whitebird" We'd be shunned.

Sammich
12-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Imagine if we made "whitebird" We'd be shunned.
STFU U OWN A WHITE EVO

uproot
12-09-2008, 08:18 AM
wow...

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Racist? Hardly racist. It's targeting a specific audience. Anyone can download/use this app.

There are plenty of applications that cater to specific audiences. If you make a "whitebird" no one will care. Now if you make it where ONLY whites can download/use it, then that is pushing it. Follow me?

Would I download this? Yes, but I would also keep my IE. If this works like I have read, then it is a good tool. I can't count the times that I have had to search high and low for specific content on the web.

...and yes, finding "African-American" or "black" content is harder than the norm. I am not sure why, but it is.

Carry on!

Ran
12-09-2008, 08:36 AM
If you make a "whitebird" no one will care.I'd be willing to disagree with that. African American people are the first ones to make something to cater specifically to their ethnicity yet are also the first to blame others for doing the same should it come up.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I'd be willing to disagree with that. African American people are the first ones to make something to cater specifically to their ethnicity yet are also the first to blame others for doing the same should it come up.

I see your point, but if its available to everyone its not going to cause problems. Sure people will chat about it, but it won't cause Jesse or Al to come out flaming. When you deny others access, then stuff gets pissy.

In all honesty, it is hard to find GOOD specific content for "black" people all the time. Sure, I can google "rap" and get all the stuf I need, but I am one that looks for things on the other end of the spectrum. Upscale clothing trends, places of interest, social, political, etc. that may directly realte to the black community. That is how this country is built, sadly, I will roll with it for now.

I may stop posting b/c I don't want this thread to go ballistic like others in the past have, lol :D

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Racist? Hardly racist. It's targeting a specific audience. Anyone can download/use this app.

There are plenty of applications that cater to specific audiences. If you make a "whitebird" no one will care. Now if you make it where ONLY whites can download/use it, then that is pushing it. Follow me?

Would I download this? Yes, but I would also keep my IE. If this works like I have read, then it is a good tool. I can't count the times that I have had to search high and low for specific content on the web.

...and yes, finding "African-American" or "black" content is harder than the norm. I am not sure why, but it is.

Carry on!

You're a fool. If it was possible to make only blacks download it, im sure they would. Why else would they make "blackbird" Look at their reasons to download this program. I want to know who polled 85% of african american's. It's racist, and you're just being ignorant if you choose to ignore it. Not to mention, if someone made whitebird everyone and their mother int he african american community would jump up in arms with bullshit racism call outs. Don't deny it.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Upscale clothing trends, places of interest, social, political, etc. that may directly realte to the black community. That is how this country is built, sadly, I will roll with it for now.

YEA, GOOD THING NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE AVAILABLE ON GOOGLE IF YOU TYPE THEM IN. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK .

JITB
12-09-2008, 08:49 AM
its all so unfair..... what has this world come to..

Im sure more white people know about this than black people...lol I didnt read my morning african american memo this morning.

JITB
12-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Did yall hear about this channel thats on cable? thats only for black people? terrible!

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
yea, we should make WET and see how that bodes over.

BKgen®
12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
RACISE!!

JITB
12-09-2008, 08:55 AM

there it is.. we are officially in 2005... :lmfao:

*unsubscribes*

did you know black people had their own planet?

Killer
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM

LOL! my room mate and i spoke of this last night!

qwick
12-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I think its called CMT:ninja:

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 09:10 AM
there it is.. we are officially in 2005... :lmfao:

*unsubscribes*

did you know black people had their own planet?

are you an idiot? You're just saying random shit to try and make my statements invalid. 2005 huh? I guess that's when racism started. Jack ass.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I think its called CMT:ninja:

LOL, it just happens that not too many black people sing country.

JITB
12-09-2008, 09:16 AM
are you an idiot? You're just saying random shit to try and make my statements invalid. 2005 huh? I guess that's when racism started. Jack ass.

:blah: :blah: isnt that what you wanted...its and injustice! and it must be stopped. im jsut glad you posted this BS in the WL... because its were it belongs.. useless BS! I said i was leaving the thread so im out!

qwick
12-09-2008, 09:16 AM
LOL, it just happens that not too many black people sing country.

Cowboy Soul LOL
http://www.cowboysoul.com/page2.htm

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
:blah: :blah: isnt that what you wanted...its and injustice! and it must be stopped. im jsut glad you posted this BS in the WL... because its were it belongs.. useless BS! I said i was leaving the thread so im out!

wait what? In order to make an argument your response must be coherent. I honestly wouldn't care if black people had their own browser/channel etc etc. but be more discrete. why not hip hop television? why is it black entertainment television? blackbird is a fine name, but when you read the site, they specify that they want black people using this. It's for black people, by black people, why not just the FUBU browser? People need to get over this color bullshit and ask themselves one question, "are you an american?" If the answer is yes, you don't deserve your own segregated channel or browser or anything. Didn't black people fight for black rights and no segregation? This is in it's own way segregation. And above all, racist. MLK fought for black rights and equality, why segregate yourself with stupid shit like this?

Bruce Leroy
12-09-2008, 09:25 AM
WHite people have stormfront.org

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
WHite people have stormfront.org

HAHAHA I POSTED THAT WITH THE RACIST WHITE LADIES TALKIN BOUT GETTIN HIT ON BY DARKIES. NOW THAT WAS COMEDY, AHAHAHA.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
You're a fool. If it was possible to make only blacks download it, im sure they would. Why else would they make "blackbird" Look at their reasons to download this program. I want to know who polled 85% of african american's. It's racist, and you're just being ignorant if you choose to ignore it. Not to mention, if someone made whitebird everyone and their mother int he african american community would jump up in arms with bullshit racism call outs. Don't deny it.

Name calling shall cease my friend. Why does this offend you so much? Is it because we are opening other avenues for ourselves? Its a damn internet browers that spews more african-american/black content than the typical browsers! You can download it too, did you know that?

Your assumptions do not show your intelligence.

Their reasons to accept/download did not formulate my complete opinion. If it does what it say that it will, it will make my search less stressful when looking for specific content. I read Black Enterprise magazine because it gives me a narrower/different perspective from other business media. Does that offend you too?:screwy:

History is still thriving in 2008 as we roll into 2009. There are media outlets that do not produce certain things that black, asain, hispanic, etc want to know about. Not knowing me would also aid you not understanding MY views on society.

Again, its not racist! There is not one thing about it that is racist. It is not offending anyone, its not judging anyone, its not denying anyone privilages, etc. :goodjob: White people who are racist do things on the other end of the spectrum. You can use this browser if you want......there is not a "Black ID" security system to prove your blackness, lol!

YEA, GOOD THING NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE AVAILABLE ON GOOGLE IF YOU TYPE THEM IN. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK .

You are not me sir. I google these things daily sometimes and the results are not always even in the first 4 pages! Why? One reason are the terms "Black" and "African-American". The interchangeable use of these terms make for a tough search. So give yourself a fucking break and reduce the caps. It's not that serious ;)

Tracy
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I am in Public Relations and there are all kinds of ethnic magazines and media targeted to a particular ethnic group. I see the point more when it comes to language barriers. I understand it less when it comes down to just a persons color.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
I am in Public Relations and there are all kinds of ethnic magazines and media targeted to a particular ethnic group. I see the point more when it comes to language barriers. I understand it less when it comes down to just a persons color.

Tracy, good point.

In America: Black is race, and Black is color. I feel people put the wrong emphasis on the term, at least in this discussion.

How do you view this topic?

BKgen®
12-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I wonder what would happen if they stopped manufacturing colored Christmas lights...............

Spectic Tank
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.blackbirdhome.com/img/logo.gif

Why Download the Blackbird Browser

KFC Locator.

NICE :lmfao:

Tracy
12-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Tracy, good point.

In America: Black is race, and Black is color. I feel people put the wrong emphasis on the term, at least in this discussion.

How do you view this topic?

I am a very open minded person. That being said, I don't believe in any segregation – black, white or otherwise. I believe in the human race. I feel that people like MLK fought for EQUALITY, not for black people to segregate themselves on their own terms. To me, this kind of stuff goes against that plight. I understand the view point of it's "hard" to find "black" content to a degree, but then again, I think if you searched for "white" content, you may have the exact same problem. There are some who would say that ALL content is geared toward white people, but I disagree. If you take a look at what is popular in our society, that theory is disproved. Hip-hop and PRESIDENT Obama are just a small sample of that. I am white and I love hip-hop (actually gangster rap), donks and Obama. It has nothing to do with me wanting to be black or anything like that. It just so happens that I was lucky enough to be brought up in a time where I was exposed to those things freely and had the right to make the decision to enjoy those things that are generalized to be for black people.

In the end, I think that it's pretty ridiculous. I am open minded enough to understand the desire for a site like this, but like I said, I think it goes against what some of our great AMERICAN civil rights leader fought for and that is EQUALITY. I think they are being disrespected and their views and plight are being twisted to suit certain people of today.

P.S. I would be equally upset if there were a site that was blatantly geared toward white people, yellow people or brown people (minus the language barrier aspect).

Tracy
12-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I guess I should say that in Public Relations, things like this are a GREAT tool for targeting a particluar audience. So it's good in that respect, but in general, I feel like I stated above :)

SLOWLYbtngU
12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
"are you an american?"
Ummm...There are "black" people outside of America. :eek: :ninja:

4dmin
12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
blackbird was totally created by an old white guy :thinking:

http://www.testpilot.ru/usa/lockheed/images/kelly.jpg

SLOWLYbtngU
12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I wonder what would happen if they stopped manufacturing colored Christmas lights...............
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: REPPED!!!!

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I am a very open minded person. That being said, I don't believe in any segregation – black, white or otherwise. I believe in the human race. I feel that people like MLK fought for EQUALITY, not for black people to segregate themselves on their own terms. To me, this kind of stuff goes against that plight. I understand the view point of it's "hard" to find "black" content to a degree, but then again, I think if you searched for "white" content, you may have the exact same problem. There are some who would say that ALL content is geared toward white people, but I disagree. If you take a look at what is popular in our society, that theory is disproved. Hip-hop and PRESIDENT Obama are just a small sample of that. I am white and I love hip-hop (actually gangster rap), donks and Obama. It has nothing to do with me wanting to be black or anything like that, it just so happens that I was lucky enough to be brought up in a time where i was exposed to those things freely and had the right to make the decision to enjoy those things that are generalized to be for black people.

In the end, I think that it's pretty ridiculous. I am open minded enough to understand the desire for a site like this, but like I said, I think it goes against what some of our great AMERICAN civil rights leader fought for and that is EQUALITY. I think they are being disrespected and their views and plight are being twisted to suit certain people of today.

P.S. I would be equally upset if there were a site that was blatantly geared toward white people, yellow people or brown people (minus the language barrier aspect).

Excellent post!

My things is people like the OP toss it up as if we are trying to distance ourselves from society, WE ARE NOT. I have not tried the site, nor was I one of the people in the 85%, lol. Being THE minority is part of the reason, I FEEL, this browser was created. Like I said above, I would use this to make a narrower search, not cut off the rest of the American race. I grew up around all people, while learning what individuals like MLK fought for. That is where I got my open mind from. I will admit that it does walk a thin line. I am not Google Ad Search Engine master, but I do know that lots of info is hard to find from my personal experience. Now, I am not saying that someone purposely hid the black material that I search for, but if this browser can give THOSE resources easier without disrespecting the civil rights movement, then :D

Until the site has been proven to deny others, I will not say its racist. Of the people on this site that know me, I don't tolerate BS racism, nor do I jump the gun on things either.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I am signed up for a newsletter from this site: http://raapnetwork.com. It's for black people, with a less conspicuous name, yet I still read the site and the newsletter. I also frequent the comedy clubs they promote where I get picked on often by the comedians because I am the only white girl there. The point in me posting this is to prove that things generalized to be for black people only are often enjoyed by white people like me. To me, the sites should be more aware of that if only from a business perspective. It's NEVER a good idea to pigeon hole yourself when it comes to business. You want to appeal to the masses. If you offend a particular group by excluding them, then you lose them as a reading or viewing or clicking number. Your audience = #'s. #'s=money. Especially in today's world of 2.0.

Vteckidd
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
IMO the problem is this

How can you say EQUALITY on one hand, then SEGREGATE yourself on the other?

answer me that

Vteckidd
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
blackbird was totally created by an old white guy :thinking:

http://www.testpilot.ru/usa/lockheed/images/kelly.jpg

SR71 *****!

Vteckidd
12-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Look IMO an this is just that, my opinion....

A MAJORITY of the "African AMerican" Race doesnt want EQUALITY, they want to be treated better, they want special treatment. Notice i said MAJORITY, not EVERYONE.

Furthermore, with stuff like this web browser, like Tracy said, its a good tool to hit a demographic and maybe thats all this is. But when you have the NAACP, BET, and a host of other stuff, its gets annoying to say the least.

I Mean this is just a web browser that filters out white stuff an filters in black interests. I guess thats ok, even though it is a bit rediculous.

Ran
12-09-2008, 10:35 AM

A MAJORITY of the "African AMerican" Race doesnt want EQUALITY, they want to be treated better, they want special treatment. Notice i said MAJORITY, not EVERYONE.

Furthermore, with stuff like this web browser, like Tracy said, its a good tool to hit a demographic and maybe thats all this is. But when you have the NAACP, BET, and a host of other stuff, its gets annoying to say the least.

I Mean this is just a web browser that filters out white stuff an filters in black interests. I guess thats ok, even though it is a bit rediculous.:stupid:

All they're doing with this is exploiting a segregated mindset held by their targeted demographic.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 10:40 AM

I Mean this is just a web browser that filters out white stuff an filters in black interests. I guess thats ok, even though it is a bit rediculous.

:stupid: Tracy got the point of separate but equal... this is exactly that.. segregation.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 10:57 AM

I will agree (with a sad heart) because it is true. I am one of those people who understand what was fought for, but somewhere the ball was dropped and many people got lazy. I will go no further on it.......

Thanks Mike, lol. That is the point that I want to get across. This is how I veiwed the browser, as a filter for specific things. I do not see it as a racial thing at all. Its not rediculous when the content I want to see is EXTREMELY hard to find. Anyone can use it.

NAACP, BET, and other things I can't discuss here w/o someone deviating course. I will say this, we had nothing, so we made our own. I will leave it at that.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I will agree (with a sad heart) because it is true. I am one of those people who understand what was fought for, but somewhere the ball was dropped and many people got lazy. I will go no further on it.......

Thanks Mike, lol. That is the point that I want to get across. This is how I veiwed the browser, as a filter for specific things. I do not see it as a racial thing at all. Its not rediculous when the content I want to see is EXTREMELY hard to find. Anyone can use it.

NAACP, BET, and other things I can't discuss here w/o someone deviating course. I will say this, we had nothing, so we made our own. I will leave it at that.

Give me an example of what you have found hard to find. A specific example. For real. I want to see how hard it is as compared to this site.

I ask because it is a huge part of my new job to know about SEO and how to use the internet to research. I rarely find it hard to locate what I am looking for when it comes to a targeted group. Of course, something like this might make it "easier". I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when a site like this pops up, it makes it easier for white people like me doing research for a company who wants to target them. Exploitation, it you will :)

Tracy
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
urban-world.co.uk

Another less conspicuous "targeted" website newsletter I subscribe to.

Vteckidd
12-09-2008, 11:07 AM
i just think if we are really an truly ready to MOVE ON as a PEOPLE (meaning americans/humans, etc) we have to look past what happened over 100 years ago, 200 years ago, etc. Learn from it, and move on. Dont FORGET, but dont hold it over peoples heads either

I mean we have a black man for president, IMO that "racial" divide has been crossed. Are there issues out there from time to time, sure , there are racist people everywhere, mexican, asian, black, white, purple, brown, green etc.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I just searched for "black comedy club in Atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?q=black+comedy+clubs+in+atlanta&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Not hard.

"Black owned apparel in Atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Lbl&q=black+owned+apparel+in+atlanta&btnG=Search

Not hard.

"african american lawyers in atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=nH6&q=african+american+lawyers+in+atlanta&btnG=Search

Not hard.

etc, etc, etc.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
"african american singles club in atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=4H6&q=african+american+singles+club+in+atlanta&btnG=Search

redrumracer
12-09-2008, 11:18 AM
no whats racist is that i got a warning today for doing 42 in a 25 while my black friend got a ticket for doing 57 in a 45. and i was in a school zone supposedly.

yes im white.

81911SC
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
What if we made two special sub forums.
Whites and blacks.
See out that turns out
ROFL

redrumracer
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
What if we made two special sub forums.
Whites and blacks.
See out that turns out
ROFL
*in a non-serious tone of voice*

one would be a highly educated subforum

*end non-serious tone of voice*

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Tracy: I can't bring any to mind at the moment honestly, lol.

Not everything is hard to search for, and no I am not lazy. Everything is on the internet, even things normal people don't want to see. If one pops up, I will PM it to you. I always find the info I need, but its usually on a forum.

As I look further into it, the browser is not what I "stand" for. I like the notion, but the layout leads me to belive that the purpose was not in the eyes of those that fought for me. It is not the resource that it seems to be, rather its something that I will not even discuss. Let just say that I don't approve of Minister Farrakhan.

I will stick to certain forums that give me the info that I need.

/AirMax95 on this topic.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I just searched for "black comedy club in Atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?q=black+comedy+clubs+in+atlanta&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a (http://www.google.com/search?q=black+comedy+clubs+in+atlanta&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Cimg%20src=%22images/smilies/redface.gif%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22%22%20tit le=%22Embarrassment%22%20smilieid=%222%22%20class= %22inlineimg%22%20/%3Efficial&client=firefox-a)

Not hard.

"Black owned apparel in Atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Lbl&q=black+owned+apparel+in+atlanta&btnG=Search

Not hard.

"african american lawyers in atlanta"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=nH6&q=african+american+lawyers+in+atlanta&btnG=Search

Not hard.

etc, etc, etc.

it's hard when you're too lazy to type it in!!!!!! He was just trying to make his point/the point of this retarded browser, valid. When asked to bring up any of the things he mentioned he was "accustomed" to and "couldn't" find before, (clothing/techmology/black community/ etc.) and you found them at the drop of the hat, he probably won't have anything to say.

EDIT:

yup. just as i thought.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Tracy: I can't bring any to mind at the moment honestly, lol.

Not everything is hard to search for, and no I am not lazy. Everything is on the internet, even things normal people don't want to see. If one pops up, I will PM it to you. I always find the info I need, but its usually on a forum.

As I look further into it, the browser is not what I "stand" for. I like the notion, but the layout leads me to belive that the purpose was not in the eyes of those that fought for me. It is not the resource that it seems to be, rather its something that I will not even discuss. Let just say that I don't approve of Minister Farrakhan.

I will stick to certain forums that give me the info that I need.

/AirMax95 on this topic.

It's funny how you've 180'd since your first post so you don't seem racist.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
It's funny how you've 180'd since your first post so you don't seem racist.

Seem racist? You really do not know me, lol.

Please tell me how I seem racist? Actually, define racist, then get back to me.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I can't DL it. I have a Mac. It looks like it has sponsors who target African Americans compiled all in one place. Then maybe you search Blackbirds internal database for the content you are looking for and it all comes from their sponsored targeted sites??? Basically a social network. Is this at all right? If so, it's a smart idea. It's a really "smart" way to earn money on the web. I'm sure they also have "ad words" that are attached to the site. See this is what I mean by #'s = $$$. I guess, now that I think about it, if they have a web income generating campaign targeting African Americans, now is a good time to have it. Black is the new white. So maybe they have found a way to capitalize on the moment. Good for them.

I still don't agree with the premise :)

Tracy
12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't think he's racists. Open minded people can look at things from everyone's perspective. Then can empathize with them and understand it. Doesn't mean they have to agree with it. It just means they can open their mind enough to see it from another's perspective. After more research, anyone is entitled to change their mind – just as I realized how it can actually be a money making venture...but still don't agree with it :)

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Seem racist? You really do not know me, lol.

Please tell me how I seem racist? Actually, define racist, then get back to me.

rac⋅ism

  1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. Or deserve special privalidges.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

The first definition is pretty accurate in this case.

I didnt call you a racist, i just said so you don't seem racist. This browser is clearly racist or segregation, which ever you choose to take. Racism a bit more extreme, but segregation DEFINITELY. At first there was nothing wrong with the browser and it was opening new agenda's and doors for the black community, then it's "not what you stand for". I also doubt it's got widgets or toolbars to help you search for "black clothing." No to mention most clothing is centered around the black community anyways.. FUBU/SeanJohn i can go on and on. EXTREMELY HIGH PRICED clothing doesn't really have a demographic, whoever can afford it does. None of these things are hard to find on google.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't think he's racists. Open minded people can look at things from everyone's perspective. Then can empathize with them and understand it. Doesn't mean they have to agree with it. It just means they can open their mind enough to see it from another's perspective. After more research, anyone is entitled to change their mind – just as I realized how it can actually be a money making venture...but still don't agree with it :)

:goodjob:

it's hard when you're too lazy to type it in!!!!!! He was just trying to make his point/the point of this retarded browser, valid. When asked to bring up any of the things he mentioned he was "accustomed" to and "couldn't" find before, (clothing/techmology/black community/ etc.) and you found them at the drop of the hat, he probably won't have anything to say.

EDIT:

yup. just as i thought.

Oh dear....lol! I do a lot of research. As I said on earlier, there have been times that I have searched for certain content and a simple google/yahoo search did not return the info that I needed. Go read my post again, I said I can search for rap and get pages on top of pages, but other content does not turn that much info out.

You seem angry as hell for some reason. Calling me lazy? You do not know me enough to even begin to judge me.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
:goodjob:

Oh dear....lol! I do a lot of research. As I said on earlier, there have been times that I have searched for certain content and a simple google/yahoo search did not return the info that I needed. Go read my post again, I said I can search for rap and get pages on top of pages, but other content does not turn that much info out.

You seem angry as hell for some reason. Calling me lazy? You do not know me enough to even begin to judge me.

, but I am one that looks for things on the other end of the spectrum. Upscale clothing trends, places of interest, social, political, etc. that may directly realte to the black community. That is how this country is built, sadly, I will roll with it for now.

There is your original quote about things hard to search for, and tracy had no problem finding any of them at the drop of a hat. Im not angry at anyone, but ignorance and bullshit is all too common. You always beat around the bush on every subject you argue on, then when you're proved wrong or you have nothing else to go on, you find some new avenue to argue towards, and retract your words and redefine them 100 times. "well what i REALLY meant is uh.. ".

NO.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
rac⋅ism

  1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. Or deserve special privalidges.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination. 3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I didnt call you a racist, i just said so you don't seem racist. This browser is clearly racist or segregation, which ever you choose to take. Racism a bit more extreme, but segregation DEFINITELY. At first there was nothing wrong with the browser and it was opening new agenda's and doors for the black community, then it's "not what you stand for". I also doubt it's got widgets or toolbars to help you search for "black clothing." No to mention most clothing is centered around the black community anyways.. FUBU/SeanJohn i can go on and on. EXTREMELY HIGH PRICED clothing doesn't really have a demographic, whoever can afford it does. None of these things are hard to find on google.

...and I asked you how I seem racist. You still have not told me.

... clothing trends are different across the country. You are laying to much into my post. I mentioned things of interest, but I never said what I could/could not find. I said that RAP gave billions of results, other things gave at most 12, then the rest is garbage. I then said, if the browser could distinguish the search content, geared towards a certian demographic it was fine. If it crossed lines that I do not approve of, then I would trash it.

I DL the brower on my personal laptop here in my office, AND DID NOT LIKE IT.

I was giving you shit b/c you had not used it and made ignorant remarks thereafter. Tracy even took the open minded route and posted an intelligent post.

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 12:02 PM
...and I asked you how I seem racist. You still have not told me.

... clothing trends are different across the country. You are laying to much into my post. I mentioned things of interest, but I never said what I could/could not find. I said that RAP gave billions of results, other things gave at most 12, then the rest is garbage. I then said, if the browser could distinguish the search content, geared towards a certian demographic it was fine. If it crossed lines that I do not approve of, then I would trash it.

I DL the brower on my personal laptop here in my office, AND DID NOT LIKE IT.

I was giving you shit b/c you had not used it and made ignorant remarks thereafter. Tracy even took the open minded route and posted an intelligent post.

Right, again rewording all of your statements. I'm not going to argue with you anymore, you just beat around the bush until you're "right". Again, i didn't call you a racist, so why would i tell you how you're racist?

willum14pb
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
backpedalMax95

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Right, again rewording all of your statements. I'm not going to argue with you anymore, you just beat around the bush until you're "right". Again, i didn't call you a racist, so why would i tell you how you're racist?

You said that I seem racist.....did you not? I never said you called me a racist.

I am not rewording anything. I elaborated on my original post. I am not trying to be right. I have already said that after using the browser I do not like it. It comes off as segratory. Minister Farrakan preaches about black people having their own everything and ditching white people. I despise that notion.

Here: I was wrong. I thought that the browser was just a simple filter of information that was not racist or segratory in a negative conotation. After using the application, I was proven wrong. :goodjob:

Ran
12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
You said that I seem racist.....did you not? I never said you called me a racist.

I am not rewording anything. I elaborated on my original post. I am not trying to be right. I have already said that after using the browser I do not like it. It comes off as segratory. Minister Farrakan preaches about black people having their own everything and ditching white people. I despise that notion.

Here: I was wrong. I thought that the browser was just a simple filter of information that was not racist or segratory in a negative conotation. After using the application, I was proven wrong. :goodjob:+Reps

bandydesign
12-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Here is how I see it. If I were to go to europe and I found another American I would instantly strike up a conversation and prefer to be around people who I have something in common with. I am in a crowd of people my age and I find someone who shares my interest in auto culture I would prefer to be around them. You stick with people where there is commonality. Not always true, but often it is.

When you call this segregation it is like saying that you have to befriend people based on the order you meet them. You cannot expect people to not stick around people who share some commonality, be it interest, clothing style, accent, values, history, race, heritage etc etc.

As mentioned before this is nothing exclusive and nothing to promote hatred of other races. Simply put they want to put together a browser that helps find black related sites first. It's like having an automotive browser that would promote automotive sites first and foremost(which would be awesome btw)

There are asian frats and sororities on campus here at Tech. That is much closer to racist because while they are not allowed to turn you down based on race, well lets just say it would be highly discouraged, but don't you see what they are looking for? They want a way to join together those with some common something, happens to be race.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I think the people of IA have a really hard time having an intelligent conversation/debate. Everyone takes it to the unnecessary personal level every time. Notice how I structured my position and even "called out" airmax without offending? Maybe, it's just something you learn as you get older. It's be nice to read a thread with intelligent discussion going on. I think maybe I am asking too much :)

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I think the people of IA have a really hard time having an intelligent conversation/debate. Everyone takes it to the unnecessary personal level every time. Notice how I structured my position and even "called out" airmax without offending? Maybe, it's just something you learn as you get older. It's be nice to read a thread with intelligent discussion going on. I think maybe I am asking too much :)

Yes, you owned me, lol. With the amount of research I do daily, its hard for me to produce concrete proof. My searches are never general, so thats why I can't poop one out.

Back on topic......

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Here is how I see it. If I were to go to europe and I found another American I would instantly strike up a conversation and prefer to be around people who I have something in common with. I am in a crowd of people my age and I find someone who shares my interest in auto culture I would prefer to be around them. You stick with people where there is commonality. Not always true, but often it is.

When you call this segregation it is like saying that you have to befriend people based on the order you meet them. You cannot expect people to not stick around people who share some commonality, be it interest, clothing style, accent, values, history, race, heritage etc etc.

As mentioned before this is nothing exclusive and nothing to promote hatred of other races. Simply put they want to put together a browser that helps find black related sites first. It's like having an automotive browser that would promote automotive sites first and foremost(which would be awesome btw)

There are asian frats and sororities on campus here at Tech. That is much closer to racist because while they are not allowed to turn you down based on race, well lets just say it would be highly discouraged, but don't you see what they are looking for? They want a way to join together those with some common something, happens to be race.

reps.....

Thank you SIRRRRR!!!!

That is all I was hoping this browser was, thats it. Nothing to offend or deter people cause they aren't black.

If this brower were to function properly, I would use it as a second resource simply because it is a narrow avenue.

Ran
12-09-2008, 12:21 PM
That is all I was hoping this browser was, thats it. Nothing to offend or deter people cause they aren't black.

If this brower were to function properly, I would use it as a second resource simply because it is a narrow avenue.I believe that this is just another straw in a haystack of "Black Oriented" subjects that is becoming increasingly aggitating to the nation, which is why it caused this little commotion. You have an intelligent head on your shoulders and I respect your opinion, but one can't help but wonder why these things come. There are clothing lines, television channels, web browsers, radio stations, and other public sources that are catered specifically towards African Americans and they don't hesitate to say so. While I see no problem in providing entertainment or sources for a specific ethnicity, why be so brash about it? It's like everything that is focused on their ethnicity is "Black this" or "Black that" as if to ward off any intruders. After a while, it gets tedious and overbearing. I may be overstepping my boundaries, but I think that this is where willum14pb was going with this thread.

AirMax95
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I believe that this is just another straw in a haystack of "Black Oriented" subjects that is becoming increasingly aggitating to the nation, which is why it caused this little commotion. You have an intelligent head on your shoulders and I respect your opinion, but one can't help but wonder why these things come. There are clothing lines, television channels, web browsers, radio stations, and other public sources that are catered specifically towards African Americans and they don't hesitate to say so. While I see no problem in providing entertainment or sources for a specific ethnicity, why be so brash about it? It's like everything that is focused on their ethnicity is "Black this" or "Black that" and, after a while, it gets tedious and overbearing. I may be overstepping my boundaries, but I think that this is where willum14pb was going with this thread.

Very much understood. I may "fail" in seeing the aggitating nature at times because I am black. It is brash I must admit. I may be to open-minded, actually I am. Ever since college I have given certain things too much leeway. Being judged before facts is not how I operate.

IMO the reason things like this come about is still based strongly in history. I know someone is going to chime in a say "get over it", but its not that simple.

If this is where the OP was headed, then cool.

man
12-09-2008, 12:40 PM
WTF is African-American website content?

What it seems like to me is this:

1st. White people don't like black people, so they segregate them
2nd. Civil rights movement comes along, black people want to be equal
3rd. Some black people don't like white people, want to segregate them...

Maybe not to that extent but you get the idea. Sounds like ignorance to me.

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 04:51 PM

Someone gets it!:yes:

Tech5
12-09-2008, 04:52 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
STFU U OWN A WHITE EVO

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Eurocentric history, products, entertainment, etc, has been dominant in this country since it's inception. This just in: Not everyone in this country is rooted in Eurocentric ideals and culture.

Why is it not ok for varying cultures and ethnicities to have venues where ppl with common interests can come together?

I always hear ppl complain about BET yet no one complains about Univision and Telemundo, which caters to the Hispanic community. PPl complain about NAACP ( not knowing the history behind this organization, and also not taking into account that it DOES NOT play a significant role in present day Black culture) but yet don't have anything to say about La Raza or the ACLU, or any other number or groups that exist, where ethinicity or culture is the basis. The list could go on....

How is any of this discriminatory to White ppl...moreso considering that White culture has been so dominant in this country for so long? Considering that the overwhelming exposure of White culture has in the past left no place for other cultures to be recognized and shared?

How do you get off perpetuating this new sense of victimology and entitlement?
Feel less special because it isn't just about YOU anymore?

Tracy
12-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure no one said it was discriminatory toward white people. I know what I said and that is that I understand when it comes to language barriers, which answers one of your questions about why no one says anything about Telemundo, etc. I don't understand it when it comes down simply to race. I also already addressed what I knew someone would say and that is that things are already geared toward white people. I think that is changing and I used hip-hop and Obama as examples of that. IMO, there is no reason for black people to separate themselves on the basis of race. They can speak English and live in America just like me. Not to mention they fought for EQUALITY.

It's odd how when a person says something about someone "acting black" for example, it's offensive to black people...."How does one act black?", some might say. BUT when it comes down to something like this, it's ok? Basically this site says this is for black people because we like different things than the rest of everyone. Catch my drift? See the correlation? Sometimes it's ok that black people are different and other times it's not ok to imply that. Does it just depend on who says it???

P.S. You know if you go to Asia, it's dominated by Asian culture, right? Do you admit that it would take some time to change that if an influx of let's just say Indian's came to the continent. Wouldn't it be silly for the Indians to fight to have some of their culture integrated into the Asian society only to finally get their way after 100's of years then seclude themselves? This shouldn't be tit for tat situation. That just silly.

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I personally don't give a shit either way, to be honest.
There are channels and programming on tv that I don't like so I don't watch it.
There are websites that cater specifically towards Whites who do not like me simply because of the color of my skin and guess what? I do not visit those sites.

On a personal level, my gf is White, ex wife is White, my kids are biracial, I grew up in an affluent town in SC which is predominantly White, went to predominantly White schools, associate on a personal and business level with mostly White ppl and that being said, IMO, I'm not segregating myself from White ppl.

I'm not responsible for the actions of all Black ppl. I'm not representative of all Black ppl, the same way racist and bigoted Whites are not representative of White ppl as a whole.

The point of my post was to illustrate that all people, even those within the same races and cultures, have different interests and that in itself is not a bad thing. It only becomes a negative issue when it infringes on the rights of others to exist equally as ppl.

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
One question and this is for Tracy: So in becoming one group of ppl so to speak, we should lose our racial and cultural identity?

SLOWLYbtngU
12-09-2008, 05:55 PM
There are websites that cater specifically towards Whites who do not like me simply because of the color of my skin and guess what? I do not visit those sites.

On a personal level, my gf is White, ex wife is White, my kids are biracial, I grew up in an affluent town in SC which is predominantly White, went to predominantly White schools, associate on a personal and business level with mostly White ppl and that being said, IMO, I'm not segregating myself from White ppl.

I'm not responsible for the actions of all Black ppl. I'm not representative of all Black ppl, the same way racist and bigoted Whites are not representative of White ppl as a whole.

The point of my post was to illustrate that all people, even those within the same races and cultures, have different interests and that in itself is not a bad thing. It only becomes a negative issue when it infringes on the rights of others to exist equally as ppl.
And this guy right here illustrates my statement about not all "blacks" being of "American" decent...

Tracy
12-09-2008, 05:57 PM

What does any of that have to do with anything? I am so lost on how that pertains to your point. I guess we are telling life stories :) I am white have 4 black nephews, grew up in the ghetto of Miami and most of my friends have been black in my life. I have had white people call me a N lover because I always hung out with black people. I am well aware of how bigotry and ignorance can exist in every race and every culture. Perpetuating it doesn't make it any better. Making excuses for it doesn't make it any better. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Tit for tat is not how to resolve things. ETC, ETC, ETC.

If you have different interest, then make it a paint ball site, not a paint ball site for white ppl or black ppl or yellow ppl or purple ppl. If you like Gangster Rap, then make an I love Eazy E site, not an Eazy E site for white people only. If you like Honda's, make it a site for Honda lovers, not a site for Gay people who love Honda's.

Ignorance begets ignorance.

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 05:57 PM
And this guy right here illustrates my statement about not all "blacks" being of "American" decent...

Where you been at, foo?:tongue1:

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Shit...so perhaps, in the efforts of being one ppl with no cultural distinctions, we should get rid of ethnic eateries...

No more Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Italian,Jamaican, Thai, or anything else that I'm missing so no one feels left out and the blatant racism ends. From now on, we'll just have ppl food....Sound good?

Tracy
12-09-2008, 06:10 PM
One question and this is for Tracy: So in becoming one group of ppl so to speak, we should lose our racial and cultural identity?

So you do care? :)

America is a melting pot. I am American and I was raised with American culture. American's are supposed to be tolerant of all cultures and I am and I can only speak for myself. Black is not a culture. It is a race. I don't think one should lose their identity or culture. I just don't think one should segregate themselves when their forefathers fought so hard against it :) That in itself is part of AMERICAN culture. I believe in Equality and that goes for everyone. I know for sure there is the Negro college fund. Is there a Caucasian college fund? Please note that it's not always what you say, but how you say it. Is there a problem with a college fund for black people? Is there a problem with a college fund for single mothers? Not really, is it unamerican to leave ANYONE out? Yes it is. Everyone is supposed to be equal.

What is it again that you can find on this search engine that you can't find on Google? Why is it so necessary to have a black search engine. Like a REAL reason that makes sense. I am not unreasonable when it comes to true logic.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
It honestly looks like it is actually a money generating site and not really good for much of anything but exploiting (use that word loosley) black people, not serving them :) I wish I could add it just so I could see what it's all about.

Tracy
12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Read this passage on this site. I like it. I have to go for now. I have to make din din for my man, but it's been fun.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/ethnicity/ethnic_1.htm

BobbyFresco
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
So you do care? :)

America is a melting pot. I am American and I was raised with American culture. American's are supposed to be tolerant of all cultures and I am and I can only speak for myself. Black is not a culture. It is a race. I don't think one should lose their identity or culture. I just don't think one should segregate themselves when their forefathers fought so hard against it :) That in itself is part of AMERICAN culture. I believe in Equality and that goes for everyone. I know for sure there is the Negro college fund. Is there a Caucasian college fund? Please note that it's not always what you say, but how you say it. Is there a problem with a college fund for black people? Is there a problem with a college fund for single mothers? Not really, is it unamerican to leave ANYONE out? Yes it is. Everyone is supposed to be equal.

What is it again that you can find on this search engine that you can't find on Google? Why is it so necessary to have a black search engine. Like a REAL reason that makes sense. I am not unreasonable when it comes to true logic.

We'll have to agree to disagree on your assertion that Blacks have no cultural basis. That's a new one to me.

Secondly, The United Negro fund, EST. 1944, utilizing the word NEGRO, as the name sake Black ppl were given during that time period. Also, it came about to create opportunites for Black kids who wanted to go to college and could not afford to do so, and given the fact that during that time in American history Blacks were not afforded the same rights as White Americans, they did for themselves.

Additionally, there are quite a few organizations that while the intended benefactors are not prominently displayed in the name, cater almost specifically to a certain group of ppl, not being Black.

Ex: Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy.

TIGERJC
12-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Do not even enterain the Thread starter, he is one of those "ppl" that just complain and talk only about the negatives. I only see him target topics that has something to do with black people. I honestly do think he needs to stay on stormfront, as it seems he has a lot in common (bitching and not doing anything about it) with those members.

browningboy7
12-09-2008, 06:45 PM
..http://www.backpackershell.com/photogallery/photo00019871/RACIST_park.jpg

Got Milk?
12-09-2008, 06:55 PM
black people are always trying to be different, but always fail.

blackboi50
12-09-2008, 06:59 PM
i know who the number 1 racist is on IA now!!!!! :ninja:....1

blaknoize
12-09-2008, 07:01 PM
willum, u may also refer to this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRacdl02w4

Tracy
12-10-2008, 09:09 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree on your assertion that Blacks have no cultural basis. That's a new one to me.

Secondly, The United Negro fund, EST. 1944, utilizing the word NEGRO, as the name sake Black ppl were given during that time period. Also, it came about to create opportunites for Black kids who wanted to go to college and could not afford to do so, and given the fact that during that time in American history Blacks were not afforded the same rights as White Americans, they did for themselves.

Additionally, there are quite a few organizations that while the intended benefactors are not prominently displayed in the name, cater almost specifically to a certain group of ppl, not being Black.

Ex: Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy.

First of all, I said Black is not a culture, not that blacks have no cultural basis. We all have a cultural basis at some point. Black people born in the US and raised in the US have AMERICAN culture, just like me. I am 1/2 puerto rican and 1/2 italian any my Grandparents on both sides were born in their native countries, yet since I was raised by AMERICAN people, I associate with AMERICAN culture. I don't know anything else. I ate macaroni and cheese and hamburgers for dinner every night. Not arroz con pollo. Like I also already said, the civil rights movement is a LARGE part of AMERICAN culture and that was all about EQUALITY.

If you were born in another country, it's a little different than being born here and your way back ancestors being born here...then trying to claim this website is about cultural differences. No one has been able to answer what this site provides that Google doesn't. Remember we are talking about a search engine for black people here.

2nd, I know why the Negro college fund was created and I am sure it was very necessary for the time. Things are different now.

3rd, as I have already said several times (and keep in mind this applies to the confederate college fund and any other entity that tries to segregate and serve people on the basis of race), I don't agree with ANY type of SEGREGATION here in the US. I will say again that it makes a little bit more of a difference if there is a language barrier, IMO. Black people have the same culture as me unless they were raised in another country and I doubt that this website has any other CULTURAL search options than AMERICAN. This isn't called the Ethiopian Bird.

I will say again that this site looks more like an exploitation of black people rather than a cultural website. :)

willum14pb
12-11-2008, 09:47 AM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb320/beelzebub2/blackbird.jpg

willum14pb
12-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Do not even enterain the Thread starter, he is one of those "ppl" that just complain and talk only about the negatives. I only see him target topics that has something to do with black people. I honestly do think he needs to stay on stormfront, as it seems he has a lot in common (bitching and not doing anything about it) with those members.

and dont get me started on you. You sir are about the most nonchalant racist i've ever met. I hardly "only target topics about black people". You just happen to see me in threads concerning barack obama and now this, and since i didn't/don't support him you've marked me as a racist. You never have anything valuable to contribute, you never have anything factual, you just come in and state how stupid/racist someone else is.

TIGERJC
12-11-2008, 10:27 AM
and dont get me started on you. You sir are about the most nonchalant racist i've ever met. I hardly "only target topics about black people". You just happen to see me in threads concerning barack obama and now this, and since i didn't/don't support him you've marked me as a racist. You never have anything valuable to contribute, you never have anything factual, you just come in and state how stupid/racist someone else is.
There is no point in discussing anything with a person like you

Tracy
12-11-2008, 10:31 AM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb320/beelzebub2/blackbird.jpg

That's not funny.

AirMax95
12-11-2008, 10:43 AM
^^^I agree.

Mr. Antonov
12-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought it was funny.

blaknoize
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
It was actually funny. But thats a hate mark on my list

willum14pb
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
That's not funny.

lol someone else posted that on another forum i posted this on.. i found it humorous. Then again, im a bigot, right Tiger?

Dr.G35
12-12-2008, 04:55 AM
I'd be willing to disagree with that. African American people are the first ones to make something to cater specifically to their ethnicity yet are also the first to blame others for doing the same should it come up.
100% agree

stephen
12-12-2008, 07:22 AM
why is it so hard to understand that this blackbird deal is just marketing and has nothing to do with segregation??? the same goes for BET (which is OWNED BY WHITE PEOPLE), WE channel (women's entertainment), OXYGEN (for women), ANIMAL PLANET, CARTOON NETWORK, NICKELODEON, TELEMUNDO, UNIVISION, ETC.

ok, great...so there are things out there geared towards black people. i promise...it's not the end of the world. it's also not racist...IT'S REAL LIFE AND IT HAPPENS ALL OVER THE WORLD WITHIN EVERY RACE, CULTURE, RELIGION, ETC. if some of you put as much effort into finding something that suits yourself, as you do into finding something to bitch about...you might open up a huge window of opportunity for yourself. if there's nothing out there that fits you....then create it yourself.

lol, it's kinda funny that a few people on here mentioned "black people are disrespecting MLK and their ancestors with this kind of stuff!" watch, come jan. and feb. those same people will be asking "why does MLK get his own holiday? what's with black history month? THAT'S SO RACIST!"

_Christian_
12-12-2008, 08:18 AM
no whats racist is that i got a warning today for doing 42 in a 25 while my black friend got a ticket for doing 57 in a 45. and i was in a school zone supposedly.

yes im white.
So it was the same cop on the same day?

(clothing/techmology/black community/ etc.)

lmao, thats racise

I have a problem with the double standard that would most likely be held against whites for something similar. To me it seems that blacks, in general, always want to feel defined by their race. They want equality, but go the extra mile to separate themselves by race. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage, but blacks take it to another level. Minorities (all) definitely have the upper hand when it comes to job opportunities, scholarships programs, college admissions, ect. These are the things that might bother me, a browser that caters to black interests...not so much.

tony
12-12-2008, 08:25 AM
A lot of you are wasting your time, even if you have something intelligent to post willum will post another stupid thread pertaining to race in a couple of days.

Damn, its one thing to play the race card but seriously the whining from people about race is starting to tip the scale.. its pathetic.

stephen
12-12-2008, 08:34 AM

I have a problem with the double standard that would most likely be held against whites for something similar. To me it seems that blacks, in general, always want to feel defined by their race...

you know...the last time white people put "white only" on shit in america...almost an entire race of people were murdered and abused.

that might have a LITTLE bit to do with the whole "double-standard" & "reverse racism" thing.

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Hence why I gave up.

People act as if they are threatened, lol. Please, we are still the minority by a lot.

I hate the race card, but I will always keep it in my deck of cards due to the mentality of people in society. Do I look for it, nope....but it always is pulled out of someones butt hurt ass.

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
I have a problem with the double standard that would most likely be held against whites for something similar. To me it seems that blacks, in general, always want to feel defined by their race. They want equality, but go the extra mile to separate themselves by race. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage, but blacks take it to another level. Minorities (all) definitely have the upper hand when it comes to job opportunities, scholarships programs, college admissions, ect. These are the things that might bother me, a browser that caters to black interests...not so much.

Follow history much???? Man, I sure didn't that many of us affected you!

We were slaves = we got smart
We were denied education = made our own institutions
We weren't allowed scholarships = fixed that prob too

Excuses are monuments of NOTHING, that build bridges that lead to NOWHERE; and those that use these tools of INCOMPETENCE seldom become anything but nothing at all.

AnthonyF
12-12-2008, 08:38 AM
it is sickening how they can get away with shit like this and NOT be called racist. But if the white population did something this, we'd be hated. It's fucking ridiculous. And it's not ALL whites, or ALL blacks. It's those few who seperate themselves and make everyone else look bad.

-Ant.

T.S.
12-12-2008, 08:52 AM

Their were slaves = They got smart
They were denied education = They made there own institutions
They weren't allowed scholarships = They fixed that prob too

Excuses are monuments of NOTHING, that build bridges that lead to NOWHERE; and those that use these tools of INCOMPETENCE seldom become anything but nothing at all.

there i fixed it! :goodjob: None of us on this bored are even old enough to have been around when slavery existed and when segregation was going on. Get off your high horses and come back to earth. :cheers:

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 09:09 AM
there i fixed it! :goodjob: None of us on this bored are even old enough to have been around when slavery existed and when segregation was going on. Get off your high horses and come back to earth. :cheers:

Not on a high horse at all, but my immediate family elders (mom/dad, aunts/uncles, grandparents) went through those times. It hurts to even hear the stories, look at old newspapers, see trees where lynchings went on. I am well on Earth, with my eyes wide open to reality.

I will accept your correction, lol. My point was for the person I quoted. The reason certain programs are in place is because people realize that there are individuals that could give to shits of a fuck about minorities. It is sad that in some cases you have to force people to look past your skin for employment, especially when you are well qualified. When I do open my successful business, I don't care who you are. If you can get the job done, thats all that matters.

Even still, I have been around long enough to see that things are still un easy. Whose to say that things can't repeat themselves? There are still people who HATE blacks. Look at stormfront.org. That site has WAYYYY to much activity for anyone to just "let things go".

I love everybody until you give me a reason not to. An asshole is an asshole, pick a color.

T.S.
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Not on a high horse at all, but my immediate family elders (mom/dad, aunts/uncles, grandparents) went through those times. It hurts to even hear the stories, look at old newspapers, see trees where lynchings went on. I am well on Earth, with my eyes wide open to reality.

I will accept your correction, lol. My point was for the person I quoted. The reason certain programs are in place is because people realize that there are individuals that could give to shits of a fuck about minorities. It is sad that in some cases you have to force people to look past your skin for employment, especially when you are well qualified. When I do open my successful business, I don't care who you are. If you can get the job done, thats all that matters.

Even still, I have been around long enough to see that things are still un easy. Whose to say that things can't repeat themselves? There are still people who HATE blacks. Look at stormfront.org. That site has WAYYYY to much activity for anyone to just "let things go".

I love everybody until you give me a reason not to. An asshole is an asshole, pick a color.

thats very true. And i understand that there is a history there that we just cant walk away from. But if people don't try and put it behind us it will never go away and we will never evolve as "one nation under god."

I understand about the parents and grandparents thing, But in the same respect my dad was past over when he was younger b/c companies had to have a certain amount of minorities working there. So again it does go both ways.

I feel you completely. And i understand there is still assholes out there. But we as the new generation have to change our way of thinking and look towards positives and the future. Not bring up the past as it does nothing but hold this nation back. :cheers:

This is just my :2cents:. I have plenty of friends of all sorts of races and nationalities. I even have a few buddies that live off memorial drive, they call me there token white friend. :D

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
thats very true. And i understand that there is a history there that we just cant walk away from. But if people don't try and put it behind us it will never go away and we will never evolve as "one nation under god."

I understand about the parents and grandparents thing, But in the same respect my dad was past over when he was younger b/c companies had to have a certain amount of minorities working there. So again it does go both ways.

I feel you completely. And i understand there is still assholes out there. But we as the new generation have to change our way of thinking and look towards positives and the future. Not bring up the past as it does nothing but hold this nation back. :cheers:

This is just my :2cents:. I have plenty of friends of all sorts of races and nationalities. I even have a few buddies that live off memorial drive, they call me there token white friend. :D

Cool, lol. See, this discussion is so much easier with people who have open minds and are willing to discuss, not bicker and name call. Heck I rode to the Santa Run with 4 friends, we are all different and had an awesome time! BTW, my whole life past highschool was Token, yet I was never disrespected nor treated differently.

I know there are plenty of good people in this world, but our society even forces the best people to conform. If somehow we could torch the assholes we would be golden, lol!

Now when am I going to see this badass Audi?

stillaneon
12-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I see your point, but if its available to everyone its not going to cause problems. Sure people will chat about it, but it won't cause Jesse or Al to come out flaming. When you deny others access, then stuff gets pissy.

In all honesty, it is hard to find GOOD specific content for "black" people all the time. Sure, I can google "rap" and get all the stuf I need, but I am one that looks for things on the other end of the spectrum. Upscale clothing trends, places of interest, social, political, etc. that may directly realte to the black community. That is how this country is built, sadly, I will roll with it for now.

I may stop posting b/c I don't want this thread to go ballistic like others in the past have, lol :D

I hate to point this out, but doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of integration?

There shouldn't be
"Black" Content there. Blacks fought so hard to be integrated with "society" in the 60's only to voluntarily segregate themselves later.

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
^^^

why is it so hard to understand that this blackbird deal is just marketing and has nothing to do with segregation??? the same goes for BET (which is OWNED BY WHITE PEOPLE), WE channel (women's entertainment), OXYGEN (for women), ANIMAL PLANET, CARTOON NETWORK, NICKELODEON, TELEMUNDO, UNIVISION, ETC.

ok, great...so there are things out there geared towards black people. i promise...it's not the end of the world. it's also not racist...IT'S REAL LIFE AND IT HAPPENS ALL OVER THE WORLD WITHIN EVERY RACE, CULTURE, RELIGION, ETC. if some of you put as much effort into finding something that suits yourself, as you do into finding something to bitch about...you might open up a huge window of opportunity for yourself. if there's nothing out there that fits you....then create it yourself.

stillaneon
12-12-2008, 09:38 AM
ha.

I don't care, IE works just fine for me, and if someone wants to waste space on their computer downloading Blackbird, more power to them. But I do feel that there is a double standard.

Black History Month
NAACP

I never am the one to bitch about it but it is true that the double standard is a loophole.

More power to anyone who wants to use it to look up "Black" culture instead of "American" culture....

T.S.
12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
ha.

I don't care, IE works just fine for me, and if someone wants to waste space on their computer downloading Blackbird, more power to them. But I do feel that there is a double standard.

Black History Month
NAACP

I never am the one to bitch about it but it is true that the double standard is a loophole.

More power to anyone who wants to use it to look up "Black" culture instead of "American" culture....

What about Confederate memorial day? Celebrated by southern states?

_Christian_
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM

We were slaves = we got smart
We were denied education = made our own institutions
We weren't allowed scholarships = fixed that prob too

LOL, I'm talking about now, not the past. No slave holders/slaves are still alive. It sucks that it happened, but no one can change the past. Why should I possibly be denied a job or education, leaving a lesser qualified person to take my place? ..to satisfy a quota? Affirmative action or any institution like the UNCF are what makes things unequal. You are obviously a proponent to this system, because it benefits YOU. The only purpose it serves now is giving an upper hand to the lazy/incompetent. Sorry that I don't feel like paying the debt of what someone else's ancestors did to your ancestors.

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
ha.

Black History Month
NAACP

Do we really need to visit this? Seriously????

Nah, it won't matter to most people anyway. The 2 things that you referenced show no double standard at all. NAACP was formed for a good reason, and still exist this day for the same.

Black History Month....wow, its a month, don't freak out.

stillaneon
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Thats not a nationally recognized holiday (even in the south) unlike MLK....

My point is not for argument. I disagree with slavery, segregation, apartheid, etc. But using it 50-200 years later because someone in your family line was mistreated, isn't fair.

T.S.
12-12-2008, 09:46 AM
LOL, I'm talking about now, not the past. No slave holders/slaves are still alive. It sucks that it happened, but no one can change the past. Why should I possibly be denied a job or education, leaving a lesser qualified person to take my place? ..to satisfy a quota? Affirmative action or any institution like the UNCF are what makes things unequal. You are obviously a proponent to this system, because it benefits YOU. The only purpose it serves now is giving an upper hand to the lazy/incompetent. Sorry that I don't feel like paying the debt of what someone else's ancestors did to your ancestors.

I understand what you are saying here but you dont think that racism still is very much alive? Even in the way you word your sentences it is made to sound pissed off, like you have suppressed at one time by a different race. :lmfao:

T.S.
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Thats not a nationally recognized holiday (even in the south) unlike MLK....

My point is not for argument. I disagree with slavery, segregation, apartheid, etc. But using it 50-200 years later because someone in your family line was mistreated, isn't fair.

no its not nationally b/c that would mean the nation was all confederate but it is a southern holiday and the state employees do get it off every year. Tax money hard at work for you! :goodjob:

stillaneon
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Do we really need to visit this? Seriously????

Nah, it won't matter to most people anyway. The 2 things that you referenced show no double standard at all. NAACP was formed for a good reason, and still exist this day for the same.

Black History Month....wow, its a month, don't freak out.

I hate to say this but the NAACP has slowly been ruined by Jesse and Al.

Other Blacks need to speak up and do something about the pro-black spokespersons instead of proamerican.

I guess my point is that it shouldn't be black and white. What was the point of fighting if you still are segregated...

stillaneon
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
But it's not a nationally recognized day. The northern states did not segregate blacks like the south did, but yet they still celebrate MLK.

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 09:54 AM
LOL, I'm talking about now, not the past. Follow the present much? No slave holders/slaves are still alive. It sucks that it happened, but no one can change the past. Why should I possibly be denied a job or education, leaving a lesser qualified person to take my place? ..to satisfy a quota? Affirmative action or any institution like the UNCF are what makes things unequal. You are obviously a proponent to this system, because it benefits YOU. The only purpose it serves now is giving an upper hand to the lazy/incompetent. Sorry that I don't feel like paying the debt of what someone else's ancestors did to your ancestors.

Benefits me? Wow, here we have another case of "you really don't know me". My education had nothing to do with MY color or racial makeup. My grades, degree, community service and drive did. My current position in Corp America has nothing to do with it either. I am educated and qualified.

If you are denied an education its your fault. I don't want to hear that shit at all. Make good grades and take care of business and education is there sir.....sounds like another excuse to me. The UNCF is not stopping you at all, lol. Excuses.......

As I stated, along with T.S., its a doubled-edged sword. Some hiring managers/employers are not hiring QUALIFIED minorites because they are MINORITIES. Some hiring managers/employers are HIRING minorites BECAUSE THEY ARE FORCED TO.

I see the problem with it, trust me.

_Christian_
12-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I understand what you are saying here but you dont think that racism still is very much alive? Even in the way you word your sentences it is made to sound pissed off, like you have suppressed at one time by a different race. :lmfao:
Haha, no anger or racism here...I just think some of these systems are out dated. I think they served their purpose well, but in today's world only infringe upon others.

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 09:57 AM
I hate to say this but the NAACP has slowly been ruined by Jesse and Al.

Other Blacks need to speak up and do something about the pro-black spokespersons instead of proamerican.

I guess my point is that it shouldn't be black and white. What was the point of fighting if you still are segregated...

I think we all agree here.....our society as a whole still binds us.

_Christian_
12-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Benefits me? Wow, here we have another case of "you really don't know me". My education had nothing to do with MY color or racial makeup. My grades, degree, community service and drive did. My current position in Corp America has nothing to do with it either. I am educated and qualified.

If you are denied and education its your fault. I don't want to hear that shit at all. Make good grades and take care of business and education is there sir.....sounds like another excuse to me. The UNCF is not stopping you at all, lol. Excuses.......

As I stated, along with T.S., its a doubled-edged sword. Some hiring managers/employers are not hiring QUALIFIED minorites because the are MINORITIES. Some hiring managers/employers are HIRING minorites BECAUSE THEY ARE FORCED TO.

I see the problem with it, trust me. Haha, way to contradict yourself there buddy. I make very good grades.:D What would I be making excusses for? I'm not in the least bit unsuccessful.

_Christian_
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
I think we all agree here.....our society as a whole still binds us.
I can agree with that

I see the problem with it, trust me.
ok, that's all i wanted:D

T.S.
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm saying that we can all agree that yes the systems that were put in place a hundred years ago and yes are outdated. And yes they do cater to specific races. But in the same breathe, racism is still alive and we have groups on both sides of the spectrum that are uneducated people. I sure as hell wouldn't want George Bush to be the token white spokesmen for "White people" as I'm sure that "Black people" don't want OJ as there spokesmen. :goodjob:

We are all, it seems, are educated enough to see the differences here in what we all believe and the way it is. And Airmax has more then once said that this website ,that the original post started after, he doesn't support it. And we have already found out that its more about money making then anything else.

T.S.
12-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Now lets all go get a beer together! :cheers:

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Haha, way to contradict yourself there buddy. I make very good grades.:D What would I be making excusses for? I'm not in the least bit unsuccessful.

Sorry, I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was speaking on the topic in general for everybody. Hell, even the UNCF doesnt help lazy ass people!

I wouldn't mind meeting you, then I will call you stuff, lol!

tony
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
By the way, if someone really thinks it doesn't get any more racist than a tool bar you really need to pick up a history book.. but judging by the topic and the thread that may be asking a bit much.

_Christian_
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Sorry, I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was speaking on the topic in general for everybody. Hell, even the UNCF doesnt help lazy ass people!

I wouldn't mind meeting you, then I will call you stuff, lol!
Haha, yeah dude. Sorry if I made it personal. I just like to get into online arguments, makes work go by faster. :) I wasn't disagreeing with everything you said, I had already + repped you prior to our discussion. lol

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, this stuff makes work cruise!

xlivingfor1x
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
still talking about this?

jonathanjone
12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
so im lazy and dont wanna read all this stuff. i would just like to say that there are a number of black groups that are like pro black and stuff and the only few i knew ofthat were pro white were: kkk, arian nation, southern brotherhood, etc and all those are like illegal... and dont say thats b/c the kkk was all evil-fied and only hated blacks and crap b/c they went to my great grandfathers house, took his shotgun away from him and held him down and said that if they ever heard of him beating his kids again, they were going to kill him with his own shotgun. ive never heard of the naacp or black panthers ever doing anything like that or anything to oppose a black person period.... just saying.

T.S.
12-12-2008, 12:07 PM
so im lazy and dont wanna read all this stuff. i would just like to say that there are a number of black groups that are like pro black and stuff and the only few i knew of where kkk, arian nation, southern brotherhood, etc and all those are like illegal... and dont say thats b/c the kkk was all evilfied and only hated blacks and crap b/c they went to my great grandfathers house, took his shotgun away from him and held him down and said that if they ever heard of him beating his kids again, they were going to kill him with his own shotgun. ive never heard of the naacp or black panthers ever doing anything like that or anything to oppose a black person period.... just saying.

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
so im lazy and dont wanna read all this stuff. i would just like to say that there are a number of black groups that are like pro black and stuff and the only few i knew of where kkk, arian nation, southern brotherhood, etc and all those are like illegal... and dont say thats b/c the kkk was all evilfied and only hated blacks and crap b/c they went to my great grandfathers house, took his shotgun away from him and held him down and said that if they ever heard of him beating his kids again, they were going to kill him with his own shotgun. ive never heard of the naacp or black panthers ever doing anything like that or anything to oppose a black person period.... just saying.

What the hail........

jonathanjone
12-12-2008, 01:10 PM
maybe it makes more sense now lol. i just woke up when i wrote it. gah. gimme a break lol

AirMax95
12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
so im lazy and dont wanna read all this stuff. i would just like to say that there are a number of black groups that are like pro black and stuff and the only few i knew ofthat were pro white were: kkk, arian nation, southern brotherhood, etc and all those are like illegal... and dont say thats b/c the kkk was all evil-fied and only hated blacks and crap b/c they went to my great grandfathers house, took his shotgun away from him and held him down and said that if they ever heard of him beating his kids again, they were going to kill him with his own shotgun. ive never heard of the naacp or black panthers ever doing anything like that or anything to oppose a black person period.... just saying.

List me all the black groups that you know of, then list the white one. Take your time, tread lightly, lol.

jonathanjone
12-12-2008, 01:52 PM
lol. the black groups i know of were, naacp, black panthers, and i wanna say something else. but i cant remember. the white groups i know of are kkk, aryian nation, southern brotherhood, and im sure theyre are many more of those too. but i want to say that those three are like diff chapters of each other. but what i was saying was, yes the klan did lots of bad things, but they werent ALL bad. they did that to my great grandfather that was white. but the clan is illegal, isnt the black panthers about the same as the klan? i dont remember enough to remember lol.

Ran
12-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Buncha honkeys in here.

jonathanjone
12-12-2008, 01:57 PM
ranta clause lol

Sport1.3
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/omgtofu/0stuff17.gif