PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the Big Three

Mike Lowrey
12-09-2008, 06:51 AM

T.S.
12-09-2008, 07:12 AM
i think its bullshit that we are bailing them out... I say let them drowned and get rid of the fucking unions and restart from ground up! But no, were Americans and were to proud!

EJ25RUN
12-09-2008, 07:15 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/12/detroit3ceoscanada_opt.jpghttp://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/12/bigthreeceos_opta.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/12/bk_tr_cst.jpg

thepolecat
12-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Let them die- this has been coming since the 70's

Mike Lowrey
12-09-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/12/detroit3ceoscanada_opt.jpghttp://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/12/bigthreeceos_opta.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/12/bk_tr_cst.jpg

:lmfao: :lmfao:

AlanŽ
12-09-2008, 08:04 AM
this thread is win. keep all political opinions to the the politics forum though. there is already a thread on this no need for two. this thread should contain funny shit only.

Jimmy B
12-09-2008, 08:06 AM
If the big 3, or even ONE of the big three close,.. what you you think THAT will do to th economy????? if you think its bad now, well, then let it happen... think of all the dearship jobs, not counting all of the jobs that the big 3 create OUTSIDE the factorys.. if even one files bankruptcy, america will be out AT LEAST a million jobs...

you want that?? I DONT!

I have a domestic in my driveway, and am proud of it!

T.S.
12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
my girlfriend is from detriot dont preach about jobs. Her whole family is retired from GM. But i dont give a damn why should tax payers have to pay for there misuse of there money???? If it was that way... if coke or walmart or home depot gets scared about loss of funds all they have to do is go to the goverment dont worry will bail you out! We cant help that fact that the union tacks on an extra 2000$ a car. And they dont make cars that are reliable or make cars that have good resale value or get good gas mileage. Thats not america's fault!

BanginJimmy
12-09-2008, 08:47 AM
And they dont make cars that are reliable or make cars that have good resale value or get good gas mileage. Thats not america's fault!

This is a direct result of Unions and competiton. Because union labor costs so much the Big 3 are forced to cut corners in other areas to keep vehicles priced competitively. Lower quality parts is 1 example, R&D cuts is another.

Oh and American trucks tend to last longer than foreign ones do if they are taken care of in the same manner. American cars do not last as long. I guess it goes to show that Americans still cant make a decent small motor, but we can make some of the best V8's in the world. Side note, Eurpoean cars last FAR longer than anyone elses in the world.

Mike Lowrey
12-09-2008, 10:11 AM
If the big 3, or even ONE of the big three close,.. what you you think THAT will do to th economy????? if you think its bad now, well, then let it happen... think of all the dearship jobs, not counting all of the jobs that the big 3 create OUTSIDE the factorys.. if even one files bankruptcy, america will be out AT LEAST a million jobs...

you want that?? I DONT!

I really don't see a better way than to let them go into bankruptcy, get rid of the unions, and come out a better company. If that means some jobs are lost, than so be it. If a company does not stay competative and efficient, it should not continue. There are millions of jobs tied up in the automotive industry, but just giving them more money will not solve anything. It will simply prolong their demise.

Deke
12-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Lol I love the fineprint on the OP's advertisement.

"So now you're out 25 Billion, plus the cost of your Subaru"

:lmfao::lmfao:

T.S.
12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
This is a direct result of Unions and competiton. Because union labor costs so much the Big 3 are forced to cut corners in other areas to keep vehicles priced competitively. Lower quality parts is 1 example, R&D cuts is another.

Oh and American trucks tend to last longer than foreign ones do if they are taken care of in the same manner. American cars do not last as long. I guess it goes to show that Americans still cant make a decent small motor, but we can make some of the best V8's in the world. Side note, Eurpoean cars last FAR longer than anyone elses in the world.

I get it, but the unions aren't budging as far as change goes. So the only way to get rid of them is to restructure from the ground up and that would include bankruptcy. That doesn't mean that Gm, Ford and Chrysler are going to have to close up shop, b/c there will always be need in the US for there trucks. Ford trucks are still the best IMO. ;) But i think that they should let honda and toyota have the car market. And as far as all these people crying saying Oh no all these people will be out of jobs. Well since toyota, honda, kia, VW, and bmw all have plants here in the us. That means those companies would have to step up production to meet the demand of the US therefore needing more factories and employing more. Also people so well the parts market will lose so many jobs, guess what there is a boat load of cars still on the road and there is still plenty of foreign cars to feed the need for Advanced auto and Autozone.

nreggie454
12-09-2008, 11:32 AM

you want that?? I DONT!

Oh noes! A shitload of Mexican factory workers and Indian IT workers would need to find jobs!

Bailout for the Big 3 FTMFL.

Deke
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Edit: Sorry, I got political. This should be a thread full of funny.

bandydesign
12-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I don't think that this is going to be contained.

Come on guys, we need the big 3, or at least a domestic automaker presence. That is in our nation's best interest. Therefore we have to accommodate their recovery. They simply do not need to fall into bankruptcy and we do not have the time to allow for that. Action must take place immediately and there must be a structured plan to restore the health of the automakers in the US.

On a side note, the American cars are of comparable value and quality to the foreign automakers. While I agree the interiors are less interesting and some styling is questionable, it is true. Go ahead and disprove that a 2009 Ford Taurus will not outlast a 2009 Honda Accord. (I am not saying that it will, I am saying that you cannot disprove this)

and lol @ pictures

OneSlow5pt0
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
one thing that is funny is the pos cobalt SS owns every import in its class.....i think people need to learn what thiers job is worth,union is killing it.....someone on the line doing one job on a impala should not be making $100k a year,but we still need these jobs.....but from car stand point,GM does make good cars

Mike Lowrey
12-09-2008, 01:08 PM
one thing that is funny is the pos cobalt SS owns every import in its class.....i think people need to learn what thiers job is worth,union is killing it.....someone on the line doing one job on a impala should not be making $100k a year,but we still need these jobs.....but from car stand point,GM does make good cars

Agreed. But, it can be a good car off the showroom floor, but what happenes a few years down the road. Many american cars go to shit after a few years and 50-100k miles. I will say that I view GM as the better of the american automakers.

OneSlow5pt0
12-09-2008, 01:15 PM
i agree....but people seem to think GM makes crap when they make cars that compete with BMW,Mercedes,Ferrari,Lambo and Porsche.....with stuff like Corvette,CTS,XLR,Camaro,GTO,Cobalt and Sky.

as for cars like the Imapla they been going down hill since mid 90s when they got rid of the fantasic RWD LT1 powered impala for a FWD V6,they should have kept it going and put the new LS1 in a new RWD car....but i mean im not GM,so idk what they were thinking.

GM's V8s are useally the best in reliably.