PDA

View Full Version : Emission without muffler

Tensa_Zanget
12-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Anybody live in Gwinnett county that knows if you can pass emission without muffler for a crx? I do have a cat and midpipe. Bought the car orginally without a cat so just recently bought an oem cat and midpipe.

Xrated O.G.
12-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Yes you can in fact "pass" emissions without a muffler. The legality of it all states for the inspector to verify that there is a catalytic converter present. It doesn't say a damn thing about a muffler. I see that shit all the time at work.

MrBoostedCRX
12-09-2008, 01:17 AM
pics of the CRX man!!!

Barefoot
12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
yes. if redneck and there trucks with no mufflers can pass y cant u.

Tensa_Zanget
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Yes you can in fact "pass" emissions without a muffler. The legality of it all states for the inspector to verify that there is a catalytic converter present. It doesn't say a damn thing about a muffler. I see that shit all the time at work.

well u see i went to emission place and they told me i need a muffler. thxs for the info!

Tensa_Zanget
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
yes. if redneck and there trucks with no mufflers can pass y cant u.

:lmfao: :lmfao: lol i never pay attention to redneck .

AnthonyF
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes, You can pass emissions without a muffler. A muffler is just a device to quiet down the exhaust noise. It doesnt affect the emissions related parts.

-Ant.

Tensa_Zanget
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
pics of the CRX man!!!

hehe sure will after i do a b20b high compression swap. Right now just gathering parts and will try to take pics of before and after.

Tensa_Zanget
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
usually when do u fail an emission besides no cat, and check engine light

KevinT707
12-09-2008, 10:13 AM
CRX FTL ;)

Annihilation
12-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I own a Emission station and know for a fact that a muffler is not required to pass emissions.....hell you could have Just a down pipe with a cat and no other piping to pass....just make sure they are able to put the probe into the exhaust. Just because you have a cat and No check engine light on does not mean it will pass..... Depends on how your vehicle is running and the gasses it is emitting.

Old oil
old sparkplugs
bad air filter
running too lean
running to rich
timming
bad rings

everything plays into effect now that they have upgraded the machines this last 6 months

if your car smells like ass or smokes when you press the gas, expect it not to pass

MrBoostedCRX
12-09-2008, 11:22 AM
broken windshield

Tensa_Zanget
12-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I own a Emission station and know for a fact that a muffler is not required to pass emissions.....hell you could have Just a down pipe with a cat and no other piping to pass....just make sure they are able to put the probe into the exhaust. Just because you have a cat and No check engine light on does not mean it will pass..... Depends on how your vehicle is running and the gasses it is emitting.

Old oil
old sparkplugs
bad air filter
running too lean
running to rich
timming
bad rings

everything plays into effect now that they have upgraded the machines this last 6 months

if your car smells like ass or smokes when you press the gas, expect it not to pass

thxs for the info! +1 rep. It does smell like gas but then everything is sstock though. I guess i should wait till i do the swap then get emission instead?

Tensa_Zanget
12-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Also, but if i dont have a muffler how are they gonna stick the probe down to test my thing? My midpipe extends all the way to the right passenger wheel. think that is long enuff?