PDA

View Full Version : Misc Damn Homeowner's Association

Kristi
09-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Just a vent....

In my neighborhood we have a homeowner's association, but right now since all 3 neighborhoods aren't completely built a lawyers firm is running it. well they don't enforce shit. My neighbors haven't cut their grass in awhile - its like up to my knees - I called about it, and they were like "well we can send a letter and issue a fine, but really they can just ignore us". its like - i'm paying you $400 a year for what?

on top of that, the neighborhood pool - still isn't finished. it was supposed to be completed in December of LAST YEAR - and here we are in September and still...nothing. And the thing that sucks is that I'm paying for a Lifeguard, maintanence, etc. in my dues. Its bullshit.

Anywho - just a vent on how bad HOA's suck ass!

CALIWEST
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
HOA sux...i have to pay that for my house too...and all they do is jack shiet...im paying $592 a year for them to keep the pond clean..and i dun even live next to the pond...

BTEC
09-12-2005, 04:26 PM
DAM,N A HOMEOWNERS ASOCIATION!!! WE ARE BUIYNG A HOUSE AND WE DNT PAY THAT SH*T, WE DNT GET THE BEST LOOKING LAWN OF THE MONTH TITLE, DANGIT!!

Jimmy B
09-12-2005, 05:54 PM
<~ no HOA's for me! i love it..

Kevykev
09-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Damn HOA = Love or HATE!!!

Nothing in between! LOL

Julio
09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Mind your own business

chmura
09-13-2005, 11:02 AM
I have had TONS of issues with mine.... lol

some horror stories.....

overall though they are there to keep the neighbourhood in order, and are a good thing... whatever money you put into it Kristi is still gonna be there in its account so I would not worry....

and instead of bitching about it... join them and see how it is on the other side.....

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I have had TONS of issues with mine.... lol

some horror stories.....

overall though they are there to keep the neighbourhood in order, and are a good thing... whatever money you put into it Kristi is still gonna be there in its account so I would not worry....

and instead of bitching about it... join them and see how it is on the other side.....

i wanna be apart of the HOA. but they haven't handed it over to the residents yet. They said once the neighborhood was 95% complete - they would. well my n'hood is 100% complete, but since there are 3 n'hoods all together, they want us to share an HOA - and they haven't even started building one n'hood and the other is like 50% done. so it will be awhile before we can join them.

its crazy tho - 270 homes total in the 3 n'hoods - and a pool that isn't even a junior olympic size - makes sense huh?

the budget for it is way off too! they are charging $5000 a year in pinestraw, $1000 a year in postage (which there is maybe 2 letters sent out per year), $19000 a year for the lifeguard, who only works during the summer and from like 2-6 pm. (I want that job - great money). they are really ripping us off. we are also paying for a recreation area (playground and stuff) which doesn't even exist!

incawarrior
11-25-2005, 08:43 PM
High HOA keeps the riff raff away.

But you are right. If they don't do things in a timely manner then why not join the HOA board and push for them to do stuff quicker.

Kristi
11-26-2005, 10:52 AM
we can't join the board until they complete all three neighborhoods. only mine and half of one other neighborhood is done. so it will be awhile before i can get on the board

BTEC
11-26-2005, 10:56 AM
i almost had to kick a few mofos asses last summer for wrestling in our yard at 2am. and some dude road a 4wheeler through a neighbors yard. WTF is homeowners association for? :2up:

CMO
11-26-2005, 05:06 PM
I hate HOA's the one my friend has in Miami can make you sell your house. They put a limit on partys that you can have.

Sushi
02-12-2006, 04:59 PM
My HOA told me I cant keep any project cars outside so they expect me to leave the eclipse out in the cold??? worst part is no cars are on the street theres WAS one corolla sitting in my DRIVEWAY. I live next to the chairman. The car was visible from there deck they just got tired of looking at it. Seriously if you cant even have a car in your own driveway what kind of shit is that?

Hulud
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
My HOA told me I cant keep any project cars outside so they expect me to leave the eclipse out in the cold??? worst part is no cars are on the street theres WAS one corolla sitting in my DRIVEWAY. I live next to the chairman. The car was visible from there deck they just got tired of looking at it. Seriously if you cant even have a car in your own driveway what kind of shit is that?
will they not let oyu have ANY cars outside or just the project ones that dont look so good?

The Ren
02-12-2006, 10:34 PM
My new house has a HOA... most new subdivisions do. My fence has to be white vinyl... blah but its kewl..

sebastianHoff
02-12-2006, 10:45 PM
when they let the residents run it, thats when people really start poking in your buisness. i won't live where there is a HOA. they are just to busy worring about what others are doing and things they don't like.

the HOA went nuts in my parents neighborhood. dues started out at $700 a year and almost hit $900 a year. members of the board were stealing money, plus they were spending pool money on the tennis courts (25% of the people use the tennis courts and almost 90% use the pool). as an example the pool was swithed over to salt water (easier/cheaper to maintain) and only opened from the begining of june to the end of august (it had been the end of april to the end of september before the contractor left). the amount of money they spent on the pool, in the budget, didnt change, but the tennis court got resurfaced (i think they paid an extra $500 that year for the tennis court resurfacing). so about a yr ago, the HOA tried to bump dues from $800 (they had steadily gone up over the years) to $900, plus they wanted to charge each resident an extra $1000 to expand the parking lot and put in bleachers so more people could come watch the desperate housewives tennis league. that pissed off a ton of people, so my dad (recently retired after 30yrs in the army) got elected to the HOA board. he and some of his buddies fixed dues so you only paid for what you used, which ment 90% of peoples dues went down to like $300 a year and they put a private firm in charge of the pay roll(for things like maintenance, up keep, and landscaping). the last thing they did was disban the HOA and write a stipulation that 100% of the residents had to agree to bring it back (at that point you only need a majority vote to get anything to pass). so no more HOA for them and most everyone is happy about it.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Just a vent....

In my neighborhood we have a homeowner's association, but right now since all 3 neighborhoods aren't completely built a lawyers firm is running it. well they don't enforce shit. My neighbors haven't cut their grass in awhile - its like up to my knees - I called about it, and they were like "well we can send a letter and issue a fine, but really they can just ignore us". its like - i'm paying you $400 a year for what?Are you in any city limits? If so, you can call the city and they will cut it and leave the owners a bill.

NAIZBST
02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
damn owners fee