PDA

View Full Version : MOTHERFUCKIN AT&T SUCKS MY BALLS/ASS

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 03:00 AM
MAYBE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

So i have an IPhone i bought used about 6 months ago. I jailbroke/activated it.

Recently its been dropping calls like CRAZY. Every call lasts 2 min then just drops calls randomly. So someone said i needed to update it. SO i go update the son of a bitch, and it RESETS EVERYTHING and now, they are making me pay an extra $20 a month for the new "data" plan.

I lost all my pictures, all my phone numbers, all everything.

:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

Revmaynard
12-08-2008, 03:03 AM
That is fcking gay! I always back my Blackjack up on my computer every so often.

2.3 Evo 8
12-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Welcome, another happy iPhone user.

I got mine replaced for free because of the dropped calls. If it drops more than 8% they replace it. Mine was at 15% dropped calls.

2.3 Evo 8
12-08-2008, 03:05 AM
I'm on my 9th iPhone BTW.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Dude it was rediculous.

i just downloaded the 2.2 software UPDATE and it reset the ENTIRE PHONE, everything is gone and i cant even make calls with it.

its LOCKED and says to create an ITUNES account even though i already had one.

WTF

Revmaynard
12-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Wow! Lame! Do you have any other way to call their support lines? Assuming they're 24 hrs.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 03:09 AM
im just gonna try to jailbreak/activate it with Ziphone, if that doesnt work ill be at AT&T at 9am throwing this POS through their window

Revmaynard
12-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Lol awesome! Pics or ban.:D

2.3 Evo 8
12-08-2008, 03:12 AM
They will tell you to bring it to the Apple store. I like the Mall of GA Apple store because PF Changs is right there!

2.3 Evo 8
12-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Crispy honey shrimp or Chengdu spicy lamb with mint jelly. Mmmmm!

FasTech
12-08-2008, 03:18 AM
AT&T sucks period!

Revmaynard
12-08-2008, 03:22 AM
I dunno about that. I don't have an Iphone and I LOVE them. I have NO issues that others don't have. I usually have signal were most don't and when I don't have signal nobody else does either. So I really can't complain.

81911SC
12-08-2008, 03:52 AM
That's why I don't deal/care about the iphone bullshit.

Tech5
12-08-2008, 04:24 AM
yea they suk

willum14pb
12-08-2008, 04:53 AM
of course it reset.. that's one of the rules for jailbreaking.. dont update.. or it resets your shit.. dolt.

STRteg
12-08-2008, 05:13 AM
of course it reset.. that's one of the rules for jailbreaking.. dont update.. or it resets your shit.. dolt.

:werd:

SLow_POke
12-08-2008, 06:03 AM
I'll send you more Nudes later

TIGERJC
12-08-2008, 06:26 AM
MAYBE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

So i have an IPhone i bought used about 6 months ago. I jailbroke/activated it.

Recently its been dropping calls like CRAZY. Every call lasts 2 min then just drops calls randomly. So someone said i needed to update it. SO i go update the son of a bitch, and it RESETS EVERYTHING and now, they are making me pay an extra $20 a month for the new "data" plan.

I lost all my pictures, all my phone numbers, all everything.

:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:
pwned

TIGERJC
12-08-2008, 06:29 AM
im just gonna try to jailbreak/activate it with Ziphone, if that doesnt work ill be at AT&T at 9am throwing this POS through their window
no point to go to the att store as there is nothing they can do. They will tell you right way that you must go to apple or call 1-800-my-iphone.

O and since it was jail breaked it will void your warranty if any apple tech notice it. SO you might be SOL

Julio
12-08-2008, 07:12 AM
iphone such a cool little device that sucks so much... Big Oxymoron.

AlanŽ
12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
And once again thus proving.........Verizon>AT&T

Sammich
12-08-2008, 08:03 AM
dont worry about those nude pics of tiff..they all transferred to my phone...tmobile ftmfw lol

Kasper
12-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Another reason why i wouldnt waste my money on an Iphone. nothing but problems. but good luck..

SPOOLIN
12-08-2008, 08:13 AM
iphone is a nazi device.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 08:36 AM
no one told me that!

i jail broke it like 6 months ago when i bought it.

I updated it and had no idea it would wipe everything out. Now what to i do?

i dont care about the warranty as the phone is FINE, it just reset everything. Theres nothing wrong with buying a used phone, AT&T has no problems with that.

fucking gay

87 Turbo II
12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
This has nothing to do with AT&T, this has nothing to do with the iPhone. this has everything to do with your dumbass jailbreaking the phone.

Now MY AT&T horror story is actually pertaining to AT&T. One day I got the bil and AT&T was trying to tell me that I sent over 800 text messages to Germany at the international rate of $.50 a message. Thus increasing my bill by $400. MY blackberry logs every single text I send/recieve so I went iinto the store and showed them. They didn't believe me and I kept having to call to talk to higher and higher up people in AT&T. Then I had to pay the bill and fill out a "refund form" where they would inspect the case, and see if I was eligible for a refund. So that money might've been gone forever. One day they call me up and say "If you wan't a refund, we're gonig to have to cancel your text messaging all together, cause there are still messages being sent to Germany on the plan now." So I agreed and FINALLY start getting bills with a negative balance cause the $400 was refunded to the account. I don't know how they fucked up so hard, or how easy it is to hack a wireless number and send messages through it, but ti really pissed me off.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 08:57 AM
This has nothing to do with AT&T, this has nothing to do with the iPhone. this has everything to do with your dumbass jailbreaking the phone.

Now MY AT&T horror story is actually pertaining to AT&T. One day I got the bil and AT&T was trying to tell me that I sent over 800 text messages to Germany at the international rate of $.50 a message. Thus increasing my bill by $400. MY blackberry logs every single text I send/recieve so I went iinto the store and showed them. They didn't believe me and I kept having to call to talk to higher and higher up people in AT&T. Then I had to pay the bill and fill out a "refund form" where they would inspect the case, and see if I was eligible for a refund. So that money might've been gone forever. One day they call me up and say "If you wan't a refund, we're gonig to have to cancel your text messaging all together, cause there are still messages being sent to Germany on the plan now." So I agreed and FINALLY start getting bills with a negative balance cause the $400 was refunded to the account. I don't know how they fucked up so hard, or how easy it is to hack a wireless number and send messages through it, but ti really pissed me off.

listen jackass theres nothing wrong with jailbreaking it when they wanted to charge me $100 to "activate it " for me when i first bought it.

Fuck it ill just call the Apple store

AirMax95
12-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Hells yeah!

AnthonyF
12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Why didn't you sync it to iTunes first so it saved all your pictures? I have updated mine like 10 times and even got a new 3g 16g and have all my original pictures from my last iPhone. And my updates are free...why are you paying??

Don't see how Verizon is better than AT&T when the iPhone is made by Apple. Also, I dont see it when this is a freak thing. I've upgraded many times, no issues.

-Ant.

ash7
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
hmm, and i was considering switching to AT&T...

maybe not so much?
-jonathan

Ran
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
So i have an IPhone...I found your problem.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Why didn't you sync it to iTunes first so it saved all your pictures? I have updated mine like 10 times and even got a new 3g 16g and have all my original pictures from my last iPhone. And my updates are free...why are you paying??

Don't see how Verizon is better than AT&T when the iPhone is made by Apple. Also, I dont see it when this is a freak thing. I've upgraded many times, no issues.

-Ant.
No

-BOught USED Iphone
-AT&T wanted to charge me $100 to "activate it"
-I downloaded ZiPhone and jailbroke/activated it
-worked great for 5 months
-last month been dropping calls
-Was told to download 2.3 Software from Itunes
-I download 2.3 Software and my iphone is now BRICKED
-It asks me to connect to itunes, i do it and all it wants to do is make me activate it again, even though i already have an itunes accouint

Ran
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry Mike, but it really sounds like you're just getting reamed because you tried to bypass the system. I don't think your beef is really with AT&T. Had you paid AT&T to activate it then it bugged out on you, then maybe you'd have something to complain about with them. I'd be complaining to Apple since it's the phone that's being a piece of crap. Not so much AT&T.

Side Note: I've had AT&T for almost seven years now with zero problems. :D

87 Turbo II
12-08-2008, 09:56 AM
No

-BOught USED Iphone
-It asks me to connect to itunes, i do it and all it wants to do is make me activate it again, even though i already have an itunes accouint
I highlighted the parts where you fucked up in red. Because of these parts, you created your own problem. and now you're getting all pissed off and blaming others even though you were in the wrong. You can talk to Apple if you want, but Jailbreaking voids your warranty so I'd kinda not mention that part.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
JESUS you clowns are fucking dumb

Its ok, i fixed it, i called 1800myiphone (only good advice TigerJC has ever given) and just told them i had a jailbroken i phone that was bricked. Guy was real nice and unlocked it for me. says it happens all the time because of AT&T

FYI I Jailbroke it because i didnt want to pay someone $100 to swap my sim card over so i did it myself.

The problem is that when you upgrade to 2.X+ Software it erases the SIM so it acts like a new phone. ALl i had to do was reactivate it and plug it back into Itunes, its now restoring.

CHampagne falls from the headvens, all you broke bitches get off my nutz

xlivingfor1x
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
FYI I Jailbroke it because i didnt want to pay someone $100 to swap my sim card over so i did it myself.

all you broke bitches get off my nutz

how do you call everyone else "broke bitches" when your too cheap to spend 100 bucks to do things correctly?

87 Turbo II
12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
haha the broke bitches who could afford to pay for PROPERLY activating their NEW iPhones? lol

I'll admit, I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod touch 16GB and another phone so it's basically the same.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
IM RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICH BITCH!

Thats how the rich keep their money, they dont spend it on stupid shit. And my Iphone works, so fuck off.

LOL come on we all know FC drivers have no money

oh wait tahts not even an FC, thats like a FB or some shit, even worse.

the 80s called, they want their failed supercar back that makes 90whp

xlivingfor1x
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Thats how the rich keep their money, they dont spend it on stupid shit. And my Iphone works, so fuck off.

haha. so stressed.
all in good fun

Tiff-O-Bitties
12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Jesus Mike.. Calm down babe! It's no big deal, you got the shit fixed.. I still have a lot of the pix that were on your phone and the ones you really loved are on your myspace too... CHILL! Who cares what the people on here say, you wrote a rant and they commented... WHO GIVES A SHIT!?!?

/thread.

aaronfelipe
12-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Never had a problem with mine, but then again, it's not my main phone...

87 Turbo II
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM

I like my FB. I'd hardly call a 2 year waiting list with over 80,000 cars demanded in the first 2 years a failure. I may not have a lot of money, cause I'm a college student, but at least I do things right and only have to do them once.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Dude m jk LOL

87 Turbo II
12-08-2008, 11:20 AM
omg I got sucked into scary e-fight. I didn't realize how dumb this was.

sorry if I pissed you off. Happy your iPhone is workin'

REPS that you can;t really check easily.

Crazy Asian
12-08-2008, 11:23 AM
that's why I want the Storm. 10x Cooler and I love how it lasts longer then the stupid IPhone.

XLR8NMR2
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
i never really like the iphone or apple really but if you have never used an HTC smartphone you should see how you like it....I have an at&T tilt and the phone is awesome.

I use my metro pcs phone more for calls and the att for data/web browsing.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah I know it's my fault for jail breaking it good thng apple was nice and fxed it.

I just have a problem with them charging to activate a phone for an existing customer. And an update to stop dropped calls ? WTF mate

Crazy Asian
12-08-2008, 11:30 AM
haha hidden fees=fail.

RandomGuy
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
i jailbroke vteckid's mom

SleepingTalon
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't give a fuck if AT&T erased half of your brain, and then charged you to replace it from one from a horse. There's NO WAY they're as shitty as Sprint. They are the WORST carrier in existence and the customer service with them is so far beyond shitty, it doesn't even rank on the scale. Every time I have to deal with them, I feel the need to stick a cotex in my ass to stop the bleeding.

Tech5
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah Sprint/Nextel!!!!!

Sucks!!!!!!

120%!!!!!

SleepingTalon
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, I had to deal with them this morning, and they're customer service was on par with its normal shitty self! So I'm taking my business elsewhere...all 10 of my company lines and multiple air cards. I swear, you'd think they would care when I pay them like $1500/month, but they don't give a fuck. So now I will hunt for a new carrier. Maybe Verizon, but I'm open to suggestions.

Tech5
12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Verizon! I agree 100%!

ironchef
12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Had to reset my G1 a week back. But conveniently since its tied to my gmail account, all the contacts were safe. And I only had to re-download the programs I lost, but there was an option in the applications menu for programs I downloaded before, so I didn't even have to go searching for them. PWN!

Tech5
12-08-2008, 12:45 PM
good back up plan!
Had to reset my G1 a week back. But conveniently since its tied to my gmail account, all the contacts were safe. And I only had to re-download the programs I lost, but there was an option in the applications menu for programs I downloaded before, so I didn't even have to go searching for them. PWN!

AnthonyF
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
JESUS you clowns are fucking dumb

Its ok, i fixed it, i called 1800myiphone (only good advice TigerJC has ever given) and just told them i had a jailbroken i phone that was bricked. Guy was real nice and unlocked it for me. says it happens all the time because of AT&T

The problem is that when you upgrade to 2.X+ Software it erases the SIM so it acts like a new phone. ALl i had to do was reactivate it and plug it back into Itunes, its now restoring.

I have a 3G, am I broke? :cry:

I get what your saying about the SIM card. I found that out as soon as I got my 2.5G but I didnt have anything worth wild on there. But once you sync it to iTunes, it makes your life soooo much easier.

Fuk all you haters. 3G FTW bishes

-Ant.

willum14pb
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
No

-BOught USED Iphone

What sucks is i could have completely fixed this problem for you. More than likely you were on a 2g network and with ATT's integration they're switching everything to ONE profile.. if you're getting dropped calls let me know and i can set you straight, other than that, your pictures/numbers are lost my friend :\.

AlanŽ
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM

-Ant.
AT&T has probably the dumbest group of people working for it. I have had at least one member of my family that has worked for AT&T since the 50's or 60's. They are so bad that even though my family gets free phones service etc. for being employees, that they would rather shell out the money for Verizon. I have my own horror story from AT&T. Try a $2500 Cell phone bill for one month because the jackass that set up my phone put me on a regional plan instead of a national plan. Verizon has the best customer service I have run across out of all the companies I have had (t-Mobile, AT&T, Cingular).

THis is just my opinion

JITB
12-08-2008, 02:37 PM
:goodjob:

SleepingTalon
12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Telegraph & Smoke Signal>Sprint/Nextel

AnthonyF
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
AT&T has probably the dumbest group of people working for it. I have had at least one member of my family that has worked for AT&T since the 50's or 60's. They are so bad that even though my family gets free phones service etc. for being employees, that they would rather shell out the money for Verizon. I have my own horror story from AT&T. Try a $2500 Cell phone bill for one month because the jackass that set up my phone put me on a regional plan instead of a national plan. Verizon has the best customer service I have run across out of all the companies I have had (t-Mobile, AT&T, Cingular).

THis is just my opinion

well your opinion stinks! :tongue1:

-Ant.

Tracy
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Dan has his on T-Mobile and loves it (obviously hacked). His is the old iPhone. He IS broke and to add to the brokedness he got his for free. Fucking mooch. How did this turn into a money convo anyways? I guess some ppl are just obsessed.

AlanŽ
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
well your opinion stinks! :tongue1:

-Ant.
:2up: Fuck you Eye Talian LOL.

green91
12-08-2008, 02:59 PM
LOL I love my sprint. After AT&T fucked me over badly on my last phone, i doubt i'll ever do business with them again.

Tiff-O-Bitties
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I have the Storm and HATE IT! It's a good phone but has a lot of gliches... It's super slow and unreliable... I wouldn't invest the money.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
you guys know i was kidding about the being rich part right? I was too cheap to pay $100 but i was saying i ws rich, and i have a 2G iphone.

lol

but its fixed now, just had to reactivate it, i lost all my numbers but all my other stuff is fine. and youtube now works

AnthonyF
12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
You remind me of the guy from Euro Trip, the Bristish soccer player (also Sphinx from Gone In 60 Seconds)

-Ant.

Vteckidd
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Dan has his on T-Mobile and loves it (obviously hacked). His is the old iPhone. He IS broke and to add to the brokedness he got his for free. Fucking mooch. How did this turn into a money convo anyways? I guess some ppl are just obsessed.
does he have problems with it dropping calls? Apparently what Apple is doing is updating their software and when you update the phone, it knows if your phone was "jailbroken: or not.

They are trying to keep people from hacking i guess.

I would like to know if Dan is having any issues with his on the Tmobile network. If hes not, then At&t and Apple are in cahoots obviouisly.

AnthonyF
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
you guys know i was kidding about the being rich part right? I was too cheap to pay $100 but i was saying i ws rich, and i have a 2G iphone.

lol

but its fixed now, just had to reactivate it, i lost all my numbers but all my other stuff is fine. and youtube now works

You shut your damn mouth! I want to jailbreak mine, only for the modding of the back screen. I wish Iphone would allow this from the factory. Fuking homos.

-Ant.

SleepingTalon
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I have the Storm and HATE IT! It's a good phone but has a lot of gliches... It's super slow and unreliable... I wouldn't invest the money.

BB Storm now has an update that fixes most of these bugs. It's a brand new phone, so I would wait it out a bit before you give up on it. The iPhone had all sorts of similar problems when it was first released, but tech needs a chance to fix stuff.

Tiff-O-Bitties
12-08-2008, 04:00 PM
BB Storm now has an update that fixes most of these bugs. It's a brand new phone, so I would wait it out a bit before you give up on it. The iPhone had all sorts of similar problems when it was first released, but tech needs a chance to fix stuff.

Where can I find them? I don't wanna lose all my shit, but I would love to see what kinds of results I can get from this $300 piece of shit...

EDIT: Found them... Will upgrade it when all of the gliches are out of the computer systems as well.

AlanŽ
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
You remind me of the guy from Euro Trip, the Bristish soccer player (also Sphinx from Gone In 60 Seconds)

-Ant.
Lulz. Why the hell is that? I don't look anything close to those guys.

Tracy
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
does he have problems with it dropping calls? Apparently what Apple is doing is updating their software and when you update the phone, it knows if your phone was "jailbroken: or not.

They are trying to keep people from hacking i guess.

I would like to know if Dan is having any issues with his on the Tmobile network. If hes not, then At&t and Apple are in cahoots obviouisly.

I don't think he is having any issues. I will ask him about the dropping calls part, but I think I would already know since he basically only calls me :)

stephanie
12-08-2008, 07:15 PM
att has fucked my bill up a few months in row. they say it is fixed and when i check it isnt.
my palm was giving me problems, so a few phones later i decided that blackberry is pretty decent. it gave me a problem once last week, it ran out of memory and was deleting all my new texts and my calls.

alpine_aw11
12-08-2008, 07:28 PM
My friend's Iphone did the same thing, dropped literally every call within 30 seconds. Needless to say I frequently lol'd at him.

blaknoize
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Ur opinion is garbage. I work for Verizon and THEY have the stupid set of people workin for em, I mean, I work for em. nikkuh please :rolleyes: AT&T is nice actually :D

Julio
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I love these threads..
AT&T is by far the best carrier.. NUMBERS speak louder then the dumbasses who complain over BS.

I have been w/ AT&T since I had pager like 93.. and cellphone in 96 or 97.
Never had any major issues.

Errors will happen, all you have to do is take a few minutes and call them up.. if its justified Im sure they ill fix it. Atleast the times that I had any small issues I call, they fix everything if its truely there fault.
I just dont see how I never had any major issues in 12 years of cellphone service with them.

Sprint has terrible customer service because they hire a 3rd party company to handle that shit.. is unfortunate because I think the actual sprint service is pretty solid.

I also have a sprint/nextel phone and Sprint aircard and I have no complaints about there service..
But I think they should re think there customer service issues which they been known for years for the better of there company. Good thing I have some people at sprint incase something would to happen.
Because I heard and witness horror stories...

Julio
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
BTW If you guys have any issues with AT&T I would hit up GTIKID aka JULIAN on here.

Ive been dealing with him on the AT&T side for a 2 + Years now.. Takes care of me.. with any question and bought my last 2 phones from him.

AlanŽ
12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I love these threads..
AT&T is by far the best carrier.. NUMBERS speak louder then the dumbasses who complain over BS.

I have been w/ AT&T since I had pager like 93.. and cellphone in 96 or 97.
Never had any major issues.

Errors will happen, all you have to do is take a few minutes and call them up.. if its justified Im sure they ill fix it. Atleast the times that I had any small issues I call, they fix everything if its truely there fault.
I just dont see how I never had any major issues in 12 years of cellphone service with them.

Sprint has terrible customer service because they hire a 3rd party company to handle that shit.. is unfortunate because I think the actual sprint service is pretty solid.

I also have a sprint/nextel phone and Sprint aircard and I have no complaints about there service..
But I think they should re think there customer service issues which they been known for years for the better of there company. Good thing I have some people at sprint incase something would to happen.
Because I heard and witness horror stories...
AT&T has great phones and all but after having to in the end having to shell out close to a $1K for a screw up that they caused. I will most definitely agree with you on Sprint though. :no:

hydroshutter
12-08-2008, 09:17 PM
No problems with mine.

csmiths
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
yea i have a first gen iphone and when it was jailbroken, the thing fucked up all the time. it would freeze randomly, not let me hang up, so id just be chilling there not being able to hang up even if they did. so i said fuck it and went and updated it. but i think it is a ton better then jailbroken, at least it works