PDA

View Full Version : A few Santa run pics

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:07 PM
We had a lot of fun today. I hated that my car was down, but I enjoyed my self anyway.

Here's a few quick shots from today:

Got Milk?
12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
sexy looking s2k

Maniacc
12-07-2008, 10:11 PM
When I become successful in the future I'm gonna own a CLK 63 AMG black series.

1SOL2NV
the heck with the S2k ... the lotus elise's ARE GANGSTA !!!!!!!! ... if i ever get rid of the sol .. ill have a ELISE ... gawwwwddd

Jaimecbr900
More:

JITB
12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
sexy looking s2k

im really upset that you singled out the stock looking s2k.... :(

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Since I'm actually very impressed you knew what that was Maniac......just for you:

(BTW, it was one of my favs there too....that car is just sick, period. You should've heard it....it was bad ass!!!:goodjob: )

Maniacc
12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Since I'm actually very impressed you knew what that was Maniac......just for you:

(BTW, it was one of my favs there too....that car is just sick, period. You should've heard it....it was bad ass!!!:goodjob: )
Man dude seriously. I see atleast two a week since I work in buckhead.

And that car always makes me say 'damn.' But with a 130k price tag. I need to start saving up right now if I ever wanna own one.

Cool pics btw.

thecrazyone
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
cool pic's, looked fun.

When I become successful in the future I'm gonna own a CLK 63 AMG black series.

SLK 55 AMG for me, im looking to get one within a year. ha i just decided that today

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Final set for now:

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Man dude seriously. I see atleast two a week since I work in buckhead.

And that car always makes me say 'damn.' But with a 130k price tag. I need to start saving up right now if I ever wanna own one.

Cool pics btw.

The guy was flogging that one all day long. It was sick fast. He actually posted one of the fastest times of the day. That car was beautiful. There were lots of beautiful cars there, don't get me wrong, but it was nice seeing a Luxo car out there just wailing on it and keeping up. It was pimp.

Now go look at the next to last pic I posted and tell me if you see something out of place.......;)

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:24 PM
im really upset that you singled out the stock looking s2k.... :(

You mean the one with the hard top, turbo, full exhaust, and suspension???? That one????:D

Maniacc
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Now go look at the next to last pic I posted and tell me if you see something out of place.......;)
Assuming you're talking about the burgundy'ish colored car - Rx7 with ls1 swap?

1SOL2NV
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
is that a m,iata or Rx7 ? if its a miata nice v6 ?

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Assuming you're talking about the burgundy'ish colored car - Rx7 with ls1 swap?

Damn it boy.....so close, yet so far......:D

It was actually a Miata with an LS1 swap. Thing was sick. The guy did the swap in his mom's garage!!! :goodjob: Very cool car. Fast as all get out too.

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:34 PM

It's actually an LS1 out of a Camaro.....;) :goodjob:

Maniacc
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Damn it boy.....so close, yet so far......:D

It was actually a Miata with an LS1 swap. Thing was sick. The guy did the swap in his mom's garage!!! :goodjob: Very cool car. Fast as all get out too.

Haha, damnit. :D

How did that guy get it?! But damn, a miata with an ls1 eh? Shit people come up with on their spare time.

Nittanys1
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
looks like a lot of fun! I wish I could have made it out & possibly ran a few laps!

1SOL2NV
12-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Haha, damnit. :D

How did that guy get it?! But damn, a miata with an ls1 eh? Shit people come up with on their spare time. ive been researching this swap for some time now and debating on doing it ... lol jus dont know wut motor to go with yet .

DinanM3atl
12-07-2008, 10:42 PM
A black series....

Wish I would have signed up so I could run him down hehehe

ATLTSX
12-07-2008, 10:46 PM
that miata was def. sick and fast as shit.

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:46 PM
A black series....

In what?

DinanM3atl
12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
E36 M3 ;)

I was half joking. If he was a good driver it would have been fun.

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:53 PM
that miata was def. sick and fast as shit.

Wasn't it though?! He was a cool guy too.

The cool thing was that there was an LS1 Miata, an LS1 Rx7, the Black Series, M5's, a ton of M3's, turbo S2000, turbo Civics and Integras, the Exige, 350's, Cobras, a boat load of Vettes, bunch of Mini Coopers, Sti's, EvoX.....I mean they literally had a little bit of just about everything. Some really fast cars there. The only thing missing was a Lex bubble.......:doh: :cry:

I hated it for that one guy in the Mini that didn't even make it to turn 1!!!!! He flew into the trees before even getting there. I felt bad for him. Cold slicks on a cold ass day will bite you though....;)

ATLTSX
12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I know. It was def. a wide range of cars. I posted a pic of the mini in my thread. He went into the trees on his 1st lap. I was like wtf.

Cool Cat Racing
12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
He was overdoing it trying to scrub in his tires, he did it to himself. There certainly were a lot of nice cars out there. I was weird hearing the miata run with some of the vettes and not being able to tell which exhaust was from which car. lol

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
E36 M3 ;)

I was half joking. If he was a good driver it would have been fun.

I haven't seen you drive, but you would probably need more than that to run down that Black Series. Seriously, there were a ton of fast M3's and they couldn't run him down. It was uber fast, seriously.

Then again Baller won in stockish STI, and the Exige and a pair of 350z's were within a sec or so right there with the Black Series too. Hey, anything could happen I guess. I was just impressed the guy would beat the crap out of it, lap after lap, and then just park it and relax. That's what I liked about that car. It sounded awesome when he stomped on it too, although there were lots of nice sounding cars there too. Some of the Vettes and Cobras sounded awesome too. I'm just a sucker for deep sounding cars though.....;) :D

fawk_you
12-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Good seeing you Jamie, nice pix.

swollix
12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Nice, Mercedes > all.

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 11:02 PM
He was overdoing it trying to scrub in his tires, he did it to himself. There certainly were a lot of nice cars out there. I was weird hearing the miata run with some of the vettes and not being able to tell which exhaust was from which car. lol

Ohhhh, so that's how he slid off like that???? I was wondering what caused it. I saw it the tail end of it just before he hit the tree. I thought he'd just slammed on the brakes too hard or something.

It really was cool to hear some of those cars wailing on the back straight and then you're thinking to yourself, "What was that????". A blind person would've been 0-100 guessing what the car was.....:lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Good seeing you Jamie, nice pix.

You too girl.:goodjob:

Hey....I found your alternator bolt......one of the wild cows running across the track got it!!!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

DinanM3atl
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
I haven't seen you drive, but you would probably need more than that to run down that Black Series. Seriously, there were a ton of fast M3's and they couldn't run him down. It was uber fast, seriously.

Then again Baller won in stockish STI, and the Exige and a pair of 350z's were within a sec or so right there with the Black Series too. Hey, anything could happen I guess. I was just impressed the guy would beat the crap out of it, lap after lap, and then just park it and relax. That's what I liked about that car. It sounded awesome when he stomped on it too, although there were lots of nice sounding cars there too. Some of the Vettes and Cobras sounded awesome too. I'm just a sucker for deep sounding cars though.....;) :D

I am not master but I am a decent driver :)

I think it would have been a fun time to play cat and mouse with it. Have to make an event next year :)

Thanks for the pixters!

fawk_you
12-07-2008, 11:08 PM
You too girl.:goodjob:

Hey....I found your alternator bolt......one of the wild cows running across the track got it!!!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

:)

BWHAHA. Well I got 2 new ones, JUST in case one of the other decides to back itself out. Some lock-tite should work... BUT we will see. Shit pissed me off the whole way home. I am so OCD, any squeek or any sound from the car that isnt supposed to be there drives me nuts. haha Ill be up first thing in the AM to rotate the tires/swap everything over and fix belts/alt. crap. BLAH

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I am not master but I am a decent driver :)

I think it would have been a fun time to play cat and mouse with it. Have to make an event next year :)

Thanks for the pixters!

I hear ya.

It was pretty cool seeing some cars that at first glace you'd think couldn't hold a candle to another car, only to watch it reel them in and even pass them. Definetly a driver's game. Car setup also was up there, but you could definetly tell who was driving their cars too.

I just hated it that I was only a spectator and not out there boiling brake and tranny fluid......:cry: :D

CHADbee
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
didnt even know you were there!

your panning skills>my panning skills

i did aiiiight for the 2nd time in my life i have tried this but your stuff is on point!

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
didnt even know you were there!

your panning skills>my panning skills

i did aiiiight for the 2nd time in my life i have tried this but your stuff is on point!

My car is down, so I rode down in Patrycja's car. We were over right next to the tower. Should've come over and said "howdy..":D

CHADbee
12-07-2008, 11:51 PM
My car is down, so I rode down in Patrycja's car. We were over right next to the tower. Should've come over and said "howdy..":D
with all the MM cars there it didnt even click :doh: i was over by a fence looking through a lens most of time anyways trying to get this panning crap down

Jaimecbr900
12-07-2008, 11:57 PM
with all the MM cars there it didnt even click :doh: i was over by a fence looking through a lens most of time anyways trying to get this panning crap down

I hear ya.

I wanted to take more pics, but it was too cold. I wasn't very motivated in the a.m. when I really should've been shooting.

Maybe next time it won't be so freaking cold and I'll take more pics.

SLOWR/T
12-08-2008, 07:11 AM
He was overdoing it trying to scrub in his tires, he did it to himself. There certainly were a lot of nice cars out there. It was weird hearing the miata run with some of the vettes and not being able to tell which exhaust was from which car. lol

The miata was so quite you couldn't even hear it unless it was alone. Fast little car none the less

umairejaz
12-08-2008, 08:05 AM
A black series....

I seriously doubt that to be true, he was an awesome driver.

MeFryRice
12-08-2008, 09:22 AM
The owner of the CLK Black Series just lives down the street from me. He has a nice array of MB's....

DinanM3atl
12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I seriously doubt that to be true, he was an awesome driver.

I am not MS but I can in my lowly e36 stick with a C5 Z06 from Turn 10a back to Turn 7 at Road Atlanta. Back straight he would easily lose me though.

:D

umairejaz
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
^The track did seem geared more towards nibble cars but in the end, within reason, it is a drivers race.

DinanM3atl
12-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Yah. At RA I would killed by the black series I am sure.

At little tally I think I would have a chance :)

It would have been gun. In the end I think I would have been bested all that is the black series!

Big Baller
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Jason has asked that everyone email the pictures they have to him so he can put them up on the website, he doesn't have access to the forum right now.

Email is [email protected]

He said he will post times as soon as he gets a chance, they were at the track very late last night. I think he said it looks like they pulled in over 500 toys...thats a good haul guys.

kendogg
12-08-2008, 04:18 PM

I was running 1:10's in a stripped 325 on bilsteins?H&R's, RA1's, and software. With an extra 30-40 horse to the wheels in an M3 I'm sure a second or 2 off that is possible with a more experienced driver.

The green 325 with the M3 motor was running 1:08's I believe.

Sam
12-08-2008, 07:12 PM
cat and mouse is definately the most fun!:-)

matthewAPM
12-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I was running 1:10's in a stripped 325 on bilsteins?H&R's, RA1's, and software. With an extra 30-40 horse to the wheels in an M3 I'm sure a second or 2 off that is possible with a more experienced driver.

thats why he pulled on the straights. haha

I was into the 1:08's. but those koni tires suck ass. haha. i also need a tune...TRM?

Jaimecbr900
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM

I may be wrong, but I didn't hear them announce an M3 as being in the 1:08's. I heard them say the Exige, the Benz, the 350z's, and the STI were all in that range. I timed several of them myself, and although very unscientific at all, they were all right there hovering around the 1:10 mark before their last balls out runs. I knew they'd get down below that on that last run for sure. Remember that the Benz and the STI turned their times on STREET tires and interiors. They weren't some stripped down race cars with all kinds of special goodies. They were just fast street cars. Gotta respect that.

To be honest and not meaning any disrespect to anyone, but we can all speculate what some car/suspension/power combo will possibly run....but until you get someone behind the wheel, in traffic, and on a COLD ASS DAY....it's all guessing.

I give props to all the guys that came out on a COLD ASS DAY to thrash their cars for a good cause. People ran off the track, wrecked into the trees, and even blew stuff up on their cars. Everyone still had a smile on their face and enjoyed themselves. That's what it should be about IMO.

I know that I could've probably turned a lap or two faster than some of those guys out there, but in all honesty......I DIDN'T and that's really the bottomline. So no need to down play what these guys were doing. They did their thing for a good cause and that's admirable, even if they turned 1:05 or 15:05.

:2cents:

Leadfoot_mf
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I may be wrong, but I didn't hear them announce an M3 as being in the 1:08's. I heard them say the Exige, the Benz, the 350z's, and the STI were all in that range. I timed several of them myself, and although very unscientific at all, they were all right there hovering around the 1:10 mark before their last balls out runs. I knew they'd get down below that on that last run for sure. Remember that the Benz and the STI turned their times on STREET tires and interiors. They weren't some stripped down race cars with all kinds of special goodies. They were just fast street cars. Gotta respect that.

To be honest and not meaning any disrespect to anyone, but we can all speculate what some car/suspension/power combo will possibly run....but until you get someone behind the wheel, in traffic, and on a COLD ASS DAY....it's all guessing.

I give props to all the guys that came out on a COLD ASS DAY to thrash their cars for a good cause. People ran off the track, wrecked into the trees, and even blew stuff up on their cars. Everyone still had a smile on their face and enjoyed themselves. That's what it should be about IMO.

I know that I could've probably turned a lap or two faster than some of those guys out there, but in all honesty......I DIDN'T and that's really the bottomline. So no need to down play what these guys were doing. They did their thing for a good cause and that's admirable, even if they turned 1:05 or 15:05.

always on point well said.

CHADbee
12-08-2008, 09:08 PM

reps given.

OnURleft
12-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Reps given. However, i'm not speculating anything, nor would the red 325is or Halston, as we have times from just about every track in the south via stopwatch, data logger or a hot lap.

You are not correct though as McCoy clocked 1:08's and thats a 2600lb car with stocks/springs ONLY and 200hp!
I have a hot lap and I ran several 1:08's last time I went. I ran 1:09's on street pads, on a stop watch. My car is 3200lbs + driver, shocks and springs and street tires only and it has 250whp. My car also has 140,000 miles on it.
There's not long enough straights for the black series to really take advantage of it's power and the Sti had a strong advantage because the car had 10" wide wheels and the driver was disgustingly talented.
You are underestimating what was the best handling car in American when it was out. That is, the E36 M3 and it's damn good chassis. The car was released in 1992 and the car is still Nationally Competitive in SCCA Autocross and club racing.. Matter of fact the only car raced more than an E36 these days seem to be Miata's (IIRC hearing that correctly). Go to a club race a look around if you don't believe me. IP, ITR, JP, Spec E36, etc. etc. are just a few groups that only allow E36's or where the E36 shines. Also,with brand new built Evo's and Sti's filling up the autocrossing lot, E36's are still cotendors to win on a national level.
Don't believe me, then i'd love to extend the invite to a weeked with my family and friends at a real track this spring so you can see for yourself.

Don't think Halston is B.s'ing. His car is lighter and handles better than my little 1:08 DD M3 hah.

Matt fill me in, are E36's still reigning in some classes over Sti's, Evo's, 350z's nationally this year?

kendogg
12-08-2008, 10:43 PM
You clocked Mike at 1:08's?? Thats awesome!! I knew there was no way I could be as fast as him in his own car :D

OnURleft
12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
You clocked Mike at 1:08's?? Thats awesome!! I knew there was no way I could be as fast as him in his own car :D

No he told me he was clocked by his timer at 1:08's-1:09's. We run nearly identical times everywhere so it sounds very accurate.

Big Baller
12-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Sti had a strong advantage because the car had 10" wide wheels and the driver was disgustingly talented.

Thanks, like I said I've spent a lot of time on that track. The car has a lot to do with it as well, it makes good power and torque for just a downpipe and a tune. It has its fair share of problems as well, it lifts the inside rear wheel and I had to compensate by changing the line to get the power down.

There were a lot of very talented drivers there including some new guys.

As far as the E36 M3 goes, it is possibly one of the best out of the box chassis of all time, they are very easy to drive fast at the limit. I love them and I've probably driven atleast 10 of them on track. They are always a blast to drive.

MattAPM, Those Koni shocks are fine and so are the hoosiers, you just need to be a lot more aggresive and get some heat in them. We usually see tire temps of over 180 degrees when I run my racecar on hoosiers, You might can run that specific compound even hotter, you would have to check with one of the teams. If you don't have a temp probe to check tire temps you need to get one, surface temp is totally different than the actual tire temp. You also need to be checking the inside middle and outside temp to see if you need more or less camber.

If anyone wants to learn more I help instruct sometimes with Siegel Racing and Driver Education at Little Tally. His classes are very reasonably priced and you will get all the track time you can stand.

If anyone wants private lessons, or would like me to help them with car setup you can always PM me.

DinanM3atl
12-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey let me know about the event Baller. Would love to come down and instruct/help whatever :)

Matt those Hoosiers will need some HEAT for sure and getting that heat and keeping it is the whole fun. That 325 is LIGHT and you will need to play with camber and pressure(As said before). It being super cold didn't help any!

What suspension is on it?

shortysm22
12-09-2008, 11:15 AM
what a badass camera you have

Jaimecbr900
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Who?:thinking:

On a side note, I'm not here to bad mouth anyone's driving skills. Everyone seemed to have a good time and to be honest I'm a tad jealous I didn't get to drive this event. Will the next one for sure. :goodjob:

OnURleft
12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks, like I said I've spent a lot of time on that track. The car has a lot to do with it as well, it makes good power and torque for just a downpipe and a tune. It has its fair share of problems as well, it lifts the inside rear wheel and I had to compensate by changing the line to get the power down.

There were a lot of very talented drivers there including some new guys.

Good to hear someone who really knows what they are talking about. I could tell just from reading what you typed you have had tonnsss of seat time and experience!
You should come up to a BMWCCA or Chin event sometime and come hang out. I'm always up for a passenger with his or her own personal advice and opinions of my driving. I believe i'll be taking my instructor certification sometime late summer/fall time 2009 (if I can muster the cash).

As far as the E36 M3 goes, it is possibly one of the best out of the box chassis of all time, they are very easy to drive fast at the limit. I love them and I've probably driven atleast 10 of them on track. They are always a blast to drive.

Amen. Absolute blast to drive and so fast for the money spent. I clocked 43's on Road A and my car is 3200lbs w/ bilstein shocks/springs and R comps only!
McCoy clockes 45's on street tires and he has the same mods - 61whp and street tires!
Oh the rewards when Z06 owners and E46 m3 owners (on slicks or what not) would come up to the rig and ask waht all was done to my E36 lol.

MattAPM, Those Koni shocks are fine and so are the hoosiers, you just need to be a lot more aggresive and get some heat in them. We usually see tire temps of over 180 degrees when I run my racecar on hoosiers, You might can run that specific compound even hotter, you would have to check with one of the teams. If you don't have a temp probe to check tire temps you need to get one, surface temp is totally different than the actual tire temp. You also need to be checking the inside middle and outside temp to see if you need more or less camber.

If anyone wants to learn more I help instruct sometimes with Siegel Racing and Driver Education at Little Tally. His classes are very reasonably priced and you will get all the track time you can stand.

If anyone wants private lessons, or would like me to help them with car setup you can always PM me.

I've driven on Hoosiers a few times and they're damn good but lord they do need heat to be good. I had to play with pressures to get some heat (like you advised) in them but honestly, for D.E's, there are other tires that last longer, communicate better for people who may only have a few events under there belt and will stick "easier" if you get what i'm saying.

Who?:thinking:

On a side note, I'm not here to bad mouth anyone's driving skills. Everyone seemed to have a good time and to be honest I'm a tad jealous I didn't get to drive this event. Will the next one for sure. :goodjob:

Oh i've met you and I know you'd never do that. I was just backing up what is one of the best road racing cars/chassis of all time. It seemed as if you didn't think it was possible, when in reality it's still a contenda with everything 15 years newer ..

Hopefully i'll see that sexy turbo lex out there doing some hot laps in the future.

Big Baller
12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Good to hear someone who really knows what they are talking about. I could tell just from reading what you typed you have had tonnsss of seat time and experience!
You should come up to a BMWCCA or Chin event sometime and come hang out. I'm always up for a passenger with his or her own personal advice and opinions of my driving. I believe i'll be taking my instructor certification sometime late summer/fall time 2009 (if I can muster the cash).

I've been to a couple of Chin events a couple of years ago, very well run events. I've instructed for a couple of the BMW Clubs as well as some of the Porsche Clubs but I'm not certified with either. I am certified with NASA and I was thinking about taking the PCA School, they both transfer over to just about everyone elses program.

If you ever want help just let me know Ill be happy to ride along. I'm honestly a lot better at making fast guys faster than I am at helping new guys. I tend to push really hard and its not the best technique for guys that are just starting. Some times a good push is exactly what the faster guys need....you know....faster faster....12 at Road Atlanta is Flat...GO GO GO.

LOL
Matt

CHADbee
12-10-2008, 09:19 AM
LOL

i wish i had room in my sig :(