View Full Version : Japanese Nostalgic Cars:::

puregroove
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
--saw this a while back. --hope it's not a repost. :D

edit* I love the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09avU3O9BmQ

MSP1660
12-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I am sorry but anyone who says old school (or preschool) classic Japanese cars can't look better than old school muscle can lick my taint. I would take just about any classic car in that film and drive the shit out of it.

DinanM3atl
12-07-2008, 11:33 PM
I am sorry but anyone who says old school (or preschool) classic Japanese cars can't look better than old school muscle can lick my taint. I would take just about any classic car in that film and drive the shit out of it.

Some look great but come on... Muscle car look is the ultimate.

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2008, 05:28 AM
Muscle car look is the ultimate.

Just a matter of personal opinion. Later, QD.

DinanM3atl
12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Just a matter of personal opinion. Later, QD.

I disagree. Most of the 'old skool' japanese cars look like mini muscle cars.

On_Her_Face
12-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I think 60s muscle is one of the best old school looks with the late 40s streamline design close behind.

Deke
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM

Well there will be no taint licking, but I disagree wholeheartedly.

MSP1660
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
You all are nuts. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love nothing more to see and hear a nice 60's or 70's muscle car screaming down the highway... but shortly thereafter I love seeing a classic japanese car go whizzing by said muscle car with better fuel economy!

I love Japanese cars. What can I say? I've never owned an American or Euro car in my life.

OneSlow5pt0
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
i pretty sure u wont see a 2000GT out run a AMX..lol

i do love 60s japanese cars,but muscle from 60s to early 70s,well really dont get any better

DinanM3atl
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
You all are nuts. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love nothing more to see and hear a nice 60's or 70's muscle car screaming down the highway... but shortly thereafter I love seeing a classic japanese car go whizzing by said muscle car with better fuel economy!

I love Japanese cars. What can I say? I've never owned an American or Euro car in my life.

Well you are missing out then. On BOTH fronts...

puregroove
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I think American muscle, by far, has been saved, done--a huge following. The cars are not a dying breed. They've, even, been revived--look at the new mustang, challengers, chargers. My eye is on the old school imports. :goodjob: Save the soul!!

On_Her_Face
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Some look great but come on... Muscle car look is the ultimate.

BTW I am surprised you made this claim, however i support it. :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
BTW I am surprised you made this claim, however i support it. :goodjob:

Surprised?

I am an american car fan at heart.

If you gave me the choice of ANY car at any price.

1969 Hemi Charger - Plum Crazy over Black - Standard transmission of course ;)

Do it ;)

There are so many others on 'my list' but I would have to start there. I am a mopar fan mainly but Buick GSX and the AMX and others. So hawt! Beats anything built today. M3's and M5's included ;)

Also to note... I don't see an old retro Japanese car 'whizzing' past a ground pounder like a Hemi Charger ;)

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I disagree. Most of the 'old skool' japanese cars look like mini muscle cars.

Of course you disagree. It's YOUR opinion. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Also to note... I don't see an old retro Japanese car 'whizzing' past a ground pounder like a Hemi Charger ;)

I didn't see anyone say it would. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM

lololololololololololol starions have hemi's :ninja:

MSP1660
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Well you are missing out then. On BOTH fronts...

Ok to my defense, my first 3 cars were provided by my folks (and sure they were paid for but sure weren't anything worth writing home about)

89 Toyota Camry (totalled, t-boned an 80 year old, his fault)
91 Honda Accord (broke down after 250K miles)
92 Toyota Camry (engine seized)
94 Mazda Protege (kept spitting spark plugs) (kept it around)
92 Toyota Camry (the same one as before, it got fixed!) (then sold)
Traded the 94 Protege into the dealer for a...
03 Toyota Tacoma
Traded in for the...
03 Mazdaspeed Protege

If I had a choice, my FAVORITE car ever..

1972 BMW 2002 turbo! I love Euros I've just never owned one. My buddy I believe is on here but if not, he has a 98 VW GTI VR6 turbo at 2x psi. It's black with red rims, it's beautiful.

As I said, I love old american muscle. Next up behind the BMW 2002 would be a 1964 Lincoln Continental black with red int.

I already own the first car of my dreams... (look at sig) ;)

MSP1660
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM

I would love to own a Starion!

also, what the fuck is going on with the guy in your sig?

DinanM3atl
12-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Sounds like he said it right here :)

If the muscle car is screaming down the highway and another car whizzes past it...

He is redeemed though... He wants an 02 ;)

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Sounds like he said it right here :)

If the muscle car is screaming down the highway and another car whizzes past it...

I sit corrected. Later, QD.

EP3sAreFun
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

don't tell everyone

dimer4life
12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
--saw this a while back. --hope it's not a repost. :D

edit* I love the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09avU3O9BmQ

X2 on the soundtrack. If u find out who plays it LMK, would love to be blastin to it when I get my 510.

MSP1660
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
He is redeemed though... He wants an 02 ;)

Damn straight I want a 2002! I saw a non-turboed one sitting Suwanee for sale for like 1500 and I'm pretty broke. Of course I saw it months ago sitting by the Par 3 off of P-Tree Ind. It looked so pretty. I took a pic but it was mostly dreaming. I recall when I played Gran Turismo I saw that on there and was like "Sweet!" Hopefully (cause I haven't bought, nor will I until the full version, of GT5) they keep that 2002 in the choices.

Also, just curious but what the hell is Dinan anyhow? I've seen a few Bimmers with that and was like :thinking: :???:

Glides
12-09-2008, 10:04 PM
i pretty sure u wont see a 2000GT out run a AMX..lol

i do love 60s japanese cars,but muscle from 60s to early 70s,well really dont get any better

Well first off you will never, ever see a 2000GT on the road. Secondly, the 2000GT is akin to a Ferrari more than a 60's Japanese Mucle car. Thirdly, you could by oh..about...40 AMX's for the price of a 2000GT in decent shape. Since the average price for one of the 351 examples of this car produced is around $200,000 grand with the record at $325,000...yea.

It also set several world FIA records for speed and endurance in 72 hours tests.

The one cool thing though. BOTH cars, the AMX (Javelin and the Hornet) along with the 2000GT, were in Bond films. The AMX's in The man with the Golden Gun, and the 2000GT in You only live twice.

I also know where a Root Beer AMX Javelin is, the short body. V8, stick, ground effects, the whole nine. It's pimp. Cheap too I think. It's on an old country road outside my town. If you are interested, let me know.

Glides
12-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Damn straight I want a 2002! I saw a non-turboed one sitting Suwanee for sale for like 1500 and I'm pretty broke. Of course I saw it months ago sitting by the Par 3 off of P-Tree Ind. It looked so pretty. I took a pic but it was mostly dreaming. I recall when I played Gran Turismo I saw that on there and was like "Sweet!" Hopefully (cause I haven't bought, nor will I until the full version, of GT5) they keep that 2002 in the choices.

Also, just curious but what the hell is Dinan anyhow? I've seen a few Bimmers with that and was like :thinking: :???:

Dinnan is a tuner. Like Alpina. They tune Bimmers.

The coolest 2002 I ever saw was driven by this guy in Athens. He raced it SCCA but drove it around town. He was about 80 lbs, and they always had trouble getting the harnesses tight enough. His name was Ed Turtle. He would get drunk at the Roadhouse and do donuts in the middle of town in it. I had a 1980 Accord hatch that was an ITB car. I wanted to race him, little did I know that 2002 made over 250 HP. IT was a monster. It ended up in a junkyard somewhere when he went to jail for drugs. Too bad.

MSP1660
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Dinnan is a tuner. Like Alpina. They tune Bimmers.

The coolest 2002 I ever saw was driven by this guy in Athens. He raced it SCCA but drove it around town. He was about 80 lbs, and they always had trouble getting the harnesses tight enough. His name was Ed Turtle. He would get drunk at the Roadhouse and do donuts in the middle of town in it. I had a 1980 Accord hatch that was an ITB car. I wanted to race him, little did I know that 2002 made over 250 HP. IT was a monster. It ended up in a junkyard somewhere when he went to jail for drugs. Too bad.

Thanks for the Dinnan question.

Also, that's hilarious... in a sad way. I kind of wished I could've seen that. Some guy who weighs less than his drivers seat.

I didn't realize those 2002's had that much from the get go. Makes me want one even more.

DinanM3atl
12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
www.dinanbmw.com

They make stroker kits for the M5/M6 V-10's. Bolt on Supercharges. Big Brakes, suspensions and all other kinds of that jazz.

Kaiser
12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I would gladly own every single one of those cars. I'm not a huge fan of american muscle (Just because I don't like the size of the cars themselves, not a big-car-guy unless it's a long-wheel base limo-style Euro (A8L, 7XXiL) the fact that alot of those old-school J-cars have the same kinda styling with a smaller style and engine is just awesome to me. I couldn't care less how fast it can go, as long as it goes "quick" then it does all I need.

Edit: I would also love to DD an old Crown or Cedric.