PDA

View Full Version : iPod adapter for Factory Stereo Mustang

AlanŽ
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
My girlfriend has a 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang with the base stereo in it and had a question. She is getting a new iTouch for christmas and I need to get her a new adapter as the radio one she uses currently is not compatible with her new iTouch. I have always noticed that there is an aux button on the radio that doesnt seem to be hooked to anything so I was wondering what would be the best iPod adpter to use in conjunction with the factory stereo. I know that there are several on the market but I was wondering if anyone here would have any opinions in the matter.

Thanks In Advance

osiriskidd
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0307018&type=category

there's one for ford. but i'm not too sure, if she's not a huge fan of tucking the wire, you can get a MONSTER IPOD charger/AM-FM radio transmitter type of thing for like 30 bucks on ebay.

AlanŽ
12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
thanks man i'll look into it. im gonna call best buy and crutchfield tomorow and see what they reccomend

Kasper
12-08-2008, 08:30 AM
I work at best buy... get her the ISIMPLE. Its easy to install and it works really well.. and i know you were sayen that you have an aux button the radio. look on the back of the radio and see if theres an aux port on the back. i know that theres a few factory radios that actually do that. though im not a fan of useing the AUX if theres a better way. The Isimple will actually allow you to control the ipod as well as charge it. where the aux wont. Good luck on it though..

AlanŽ
12-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I work at best buy... get her the ISIMPLE. Its easy to install and it works really well.. and i know you were sayen that you have an aux button the radio. look on the back of the radio and see if theres an aux port on the back. i know that theres a few factory radios that actually do that. though im not a fan of useing the AUX if theres a better way. The Isimple will actually allow you to control the ipod as well as charge it. where the aux wont. Good luck on it though..
I'm still doing research. Thanks man.