PDA

View Full Version : Misc GOO FALCONS!!!!

FlipKing
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Anyone else watching?

Deke
12-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Yep. I'm beginning to think Matt Ryan sold his soul to the devil. He looks ridiculously good out there.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
hell yeah atl ftw!

FlipKing
12-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Pro Bowl Mvp Rookie of the Year! Damn, Saints just scored again. Mofo. Lol

Deke
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Matt Ryan rushing touchdown. Awesome.

FlipKing
12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Go to NFL.com and vote for him in the pro bowl,lol. I did twice. look up Peyton Manning, Eli Manning's Rookie Seasons, Matt Ryan's is better than both.

Stillfly45
12-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Matt Ryan is a B-E-A-S-T

FlipKing
12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
WTF WOULD THEY PUNT???? THATS SO DUMB

FlipKing
12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
THey havent stopped the saints the entire game but they punt on 4 and 5. That was retarded, You punted the game away. You go for it and the game is in your hands. Now the game is in the saints hands. Im a big Mike Smith fan, but wrong call....wrong call.....

Deke
12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
aww bummer.

Yeah I don't know about that punt either. The defense hasn't really had an answer for the Saints in the 4th quarter. I think I would have kept it on 4th.

FlipKing
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Game. Bad Call Mike. Bad Call

sshonda2004
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
aww sorry matt ryan nutt swingers, if he did not throw that pick, we would have won. that guy is overrated.

alpine_aw11
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
aww sorry matt ryan nutt swingers, if he did not throw that pick, we would have won. that guy is overrated.

The best QB's in the NFL throw picks dumbass. Ryan is still the shit.

Deke
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Michael Vick fan? They seem to be the only ones that think Matt Ryan is overrated.

VIP Style
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
ryan is not the shit, but he is good
The best QB's in the NFL throw picks dumbass. Ryan is still the shit.

VIP Style
12-08-2008, 06:52 PM
lol patna you crazy, your plan worked to perfection, get somebody underpants all scrunched up over nothing:lmfao:

alpine_aw11
12-08-2008, 07:08 PM
ryan is not the shit, but he is good

Maybe I should have been more clear....

For a rookie, Matt Ryan is the shit. Period, end of discussion.

sshonda2004
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
man dont take my last comment personal, i was just messing around, but he is good. im a fan of both him and vick and peep this. vick has made the falcons a legitimate threat, taking us to the playoffs and the nfc championship. the way some folks ride ryan, expecting too much out of him could be dangerous. if he does not get us to the playoffs or nfc title game in this season or the next....man i dont know.
Maybe I should have been more clear....

For a rookie, Matt Ryan is the shit. Period, end of discussion.

sshonda2004
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
uh no,michael turner, adrian peterson, ed reed, ray lewis, those guys are beasts.
Matt Ryan is a B-E-A-S-T

alpine_aw11
12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
man dont take my last comment personal, i was just messing around, but he is good. im a fan of both him and vick and peep this. vick has made the falcons a legitimate threat, taking us to the playoffs and the nfc championship. the way some folks ride ryan, expecting too much out of him could be dangerous. if he does not get us to the playoffs or nfc title game in this season or the next....man i dont know.

He did that for one season, after that, not so much. Vick was the most overrated QB in history imo. He made a LOT of really bad decisions. I'm not going to blame it on Ryan at all if we don't get to the playoffs this year, you have to take it in that this is his rookie season. The NFL is on a whole other level than college football, to get thrown in as a starter and do this well is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. He makes his dumb rookie mistake or two every game, and it would be crazy to think he shouldn't, but shit when he's on it's fun to watch. If he keeps it up next year then I definitely see the playoffs if we step our defense up another notch or two.

Deke
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
the way some folks ride ryan, expecting too much out of him could be dangerous.

I can definitely agree with that. I like it much more when players fly under the radar for awhile before they hit national prominence (Tashard Choice will be in that boat). I must admit, I was getting a little tired of the announcer singing his praises in the Saints game (although he did still look really good for most of the game, despite the loss).

OneSlow5pt0
12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
but remember what yall's hero vick did his 1st year...............rode a bench

VIP Style
12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
and whats your point? in my opinion vick is a better QB than ryan as of right now considering what vick has accomplished. vick made the falcons look good with a weaker cast than what ryan is working with now.
but remember what yall's hero vick did his 1st year...............rode a bench

Greddypacked
12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
^^^ Dude that is your own opinion. Vick is good, but his passes are not nearly as good as Ryans, and Vick did alot of dangerous plays that=turnovers when they counted. Vick would scramble and run in the late quarters fumbliing the damn ball when they needed it. Now i admit Vick is good and did alot of dang good plays running the ball, and yes he did score w/ those scrambles, but Ryan plays smarter and works alot more as a team/and leader, plus you wont catch Ryan doing stupid plays trying to run thru the whole team when he needs to play football. On another note, we are still looking good. Dallas lost to Pittsburgh (Dallas is competition for the wild), plus Tampa Bay lost to Carolina. I know Carolina and Tampa we need to win over for the playoffs but we beat Carolina so that looks better for the Falcons on how they beat TB. Regardless Falcons need to win the rest of there games.

OUTLAW
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
some of you vick haters make me sick. lets get something clear the falcon team tht vick was playing on is a whole lot fucking diff than the one ryan has. the reason Vick had to run so dam much cuase he had a weak i repeat a WEAK ass o line by the time he drop back n the dam pocket d line was all n his dam grill. n lets not talk about the coaching stuff lol they where a dam joke. but u guys wanna give ryan all the fuckin praise n the world. this moterfuka here has a dam good o line so pretty lil ryan n just sit there n pick off recievers like he is playin duck hunt. he has a way better receving team way better running back and dam good coaching staff. so before u run ur dam mouth about how great matt ryan is compaired to vick think that they both play for to diff falcon teams u stupid fucks

Deke
12-09-2008, 05:26 PM
some of you vick haters make me sick. lets get something clear the falcon team tht vick was playing on is a whole lot fucking diff than the one ryan has. the reason Vick had to run so dam much cuase he had a weak i repeat a WEAK ass o line by the time he drop back n the dam pocket d line was all n his dam grill. n lets not talk about the coaching stuff lol they where a dam joke. but u guys wanna give ryan all the fuckin praise n the world. this moterfuka here has a dam good o line so pretty lil ryan n just sit there n pick off recievers like he is playin duck hunt. he has a way better receving team way better running back and dam good coaching staff. so before u run ur dam mouth about how great matt ryan is compaired to vick think that they both play for to diff falcon teams u stupid fucks

Holy unwarranted angry reply. Chill out man.

OneSlow5pt0
12-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Matt Ryan should be MVP,best QB since Brett Farve came into the league...............lol

alpine_aw11
12-09-2008, 06:04 PM

lol.........seriously man, you're making yourself look like an idiot. RELAX. Fact is, Ryan is 100x more accurate and smart as a QB than Vick ever was. I'm sure you would be able to tell since you must have watched Vick so very closely, but since you can't I'm just letting you know. Our o-line this year really isn't that much better, there's only one or two new people and they still aren't exceptional by any means. Guess when Ryan has made most of his best throws. On the run. Our o-line is average at best. Vick was kinda a gimmick. If a play went to shit, he could run it. He had a cannon for an arm, but it was far from consistently accurate. He rode the pine his whole first season, he wouldn't have put up half the numbers Ryan has had he been a starter. Vick was one of the greatest athletes to ever play, but for all of his potential he was a pretty mediocre QB.

VIP Style
12-10-2008, 12:51 AM
lol.........seriously man, you're making yourself look like an idiot. RELAX. Fact is, Ryan is 100x more accurate and smart as a QB than Vick ever was. I'm sure you would be able to tell since you must have watched Vick so very closely, but since you can't I'm just letting you know. Our o-line this year really isn't that much better, there's only one or two new people and they still aren't exceptional by any means. Guess when Ryan has made most of his best throws. On the run. Our o-line is average at best. Vick was kinda a gimmick. If a play went to shit, he could run it. He had a cannon for an arm, but it was far from consistently accurate. He rode the pine his whole first season, he wouldn't have put up half the numbers Ryan has had he been a starter. Vick was one of the greatest athletes to ever play, but for all of his potential he was a pretty mediocre QB.
see thats another issue, i see where outlaw is coming from. vick was not really a bad passer, his receivers dropped alot of on the money passes. come on lets be logical here. if vick was really that bad or inaccurate, then why would the falcons lock him up to a 10 year contract. its common sense, you dont keep a mediocre QB around for that long. bottom line vick was a good QB, and so is ryan. vick has more "play maker" ability. ryan is a good passer, but i have even seen ryan overthrow receivers as well. and the fact that ryan started as a rookie and vick didnt are two things that really cannot be compared. both QB'S were drafted into different circumstances, vicks circumstance did not warrant him to start as a rookie, and ryan was not even the projected starter (chris redman) but like i said, each were drafted into different circumstances.

OUTLAW
12-10-2008, 05:50 AM
see thats another issue, i see where outlaw is coming from. vick was not really a bad passer, his receivers dropped alot of on the money passes. come on lets be logical here. if vick was really that bad or inaccurate, then why would the falcons lock him up to a 10 year contract. its common sense, you dont keep a mediocre QB around for that long. bottom line vick was a good QB, and so is ryan. vick has more "play maker" ability. ryan is a good passer, but i have even seen ryan overthrow receivers as well. and the fact that ryan started as a rookie and vick didnt are two things that really cannot be compared. both QB'S were drafted into different circumstances, vicks circumstance did not warrant him to start as a rookie, and ryan was not even the projected starter (chris redman) but like i said, each were drafted into different circumstances.
thank you finally someone on ia has some fuckin brains. bunch of mindless ryan cock sucking fags that dont know shit about football

Spectic Tank
12-10-2008, 09:23 AM
that dont know shit about football

Pot meet Kettle.

Vick was absolutely unable to read a defense. He wasn't even allowed to call audible's at the line of scrimmage. Vick was an amazing athlete so he was able to get away with it in college and even in his first year in the NFL. As soon as team's forced him to be a pocket QB he couldn't cut it plain and simple. You say that Matt Ryan has a better O-line? Well that's because they have a QB who can read coverage, go through his progressions, and make quick decisions WITHOUT staring down his receivers. Oh yea, he can call audible's and runa no-huddle offense. Face it, MV is a one-trick pony. I supported him when he was here, but I'm glad we have a real QB now.

KDM>JDM
12-10-2008, 10:12 AM
when Matt Ryan has to scramble he knows he has to make a play because he doesn't have the "break away" speed, so he will find a receiver and make a 20 yard pass when Michael Vick would have tucked an ran and maybe got 5-10 yards(yes at times he would get more, but he would also fumble). don't get my wrong i liked Vick, he was an all around solid player you could could have put him at line backer an he would have made plays that's just the athlete he was. I just don't think QB was the right position for him to really shine

KDM>JDM
12-10-2008, 10:14 AM
on a side note we have to win against TB!!!!

VIP Style
12-10-2008, 10:20 AM
on a side note we have to win against TB!!!!
lol i know rigth

VIP Style
12-10-2008, 10:25 AM
thats not true, vick has audibled before,and if he could not read a defense i dont think he would have got us to the playoffs or made pro bowl appearances, but you have to look at the coaching. there style was different than what mike smith has ryan doing. so you mean to say vick cannot cut it in the pocket? you got to be kidding, what about that game up in lambeau field? or that last tie game in the nfl's history before the eagles tie game where vick matched tommy maddox pass for pass? i think people just have a hard time accepting the fact that he was so talented, they want to find something to take away from him.
Pot meet Kettle.

Vick was absolutely unable to read a defense. He wasn't even allowed to call audible's at the line of scrimmage. Vick was an amazing athlete so he was able to get away with it in college and even in his first year in the NFL. As soon as team's forced him to be a pocket QB he couldn't cut it plain and simple. You say that Matt Ryan has a better O-line? Well that's because they have a QB who can read coverage, go through his progressions, and make quick decisions WITHOUT staring down his receivers. Oh yea, he can call audible's and runa no-huddle offense. Face it, MV is a one-trick pony. I supported him when he was here, but I'm glad we have a real QB now.

KDM>JDM
12-10-2008, 10:29 AM
thats not true, vick has audibled before,and if he could not read a defense i dont think he would have got us to the playoffs or made pro bowl appearances, but you have to look at the coaching. there style was different than what mike smith has ryan doing. so you mean to say vick cannot cut it in the pocket? you got to be kidding, what about that game up in lambeau field? or that last tie game in the nfl's history before the eagles tie game where vick matched tommy maddox pass for pass? i think people just have a hard time accepting the fact that he was so talented, they want to find something to take away from him.

oh he was very talented, an like i said you could put him anywhere on the field an he would have been good. i just think he would have been better at another position

VIP Style
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
i think some team will definitely take a chance on signing him. maybe the raiders or chiefs. maybe the niners. who knows.

KDM>JDM
12-10-2008, 10:51 AM
yeah. someone will get a damn good athlete i just dont think they need to put him at QB unless they lack one

Deke
12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
thank you finally someone on ia has some fuckin brains. bunch of mindless ryan cock sucking fags that dont know shit about football

Lol, really?

Was he your homeboy or something? Did you guys grow up together and play backyard football? You're reacting like someone is calling your mom a whore.

KDM>JDM
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
^^lol

alpine_aw11
12-10-2008, 09:23 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You're like a little eighth grader who just got called out on the playground.

As a QB, Ryan>Vick. I cant wait for your cry-baby response to this.

VIP Style
12-11-2008, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dFBfhpm5w ....... lol man you crazy, well heres my response. i am saying vick>ryan right now because ryan has not even finished his first year in the league, its too early to tell. yeah he is good, but i cant say better than vick just off of half a season you know. there has been times when ryan has not looked so hot, and times when he looks awesome. and that link is for the haters talking about vick cant throw a good ball.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You're like a little eighth grader who just got called out on the playground.

As a QB, Ryan>Vick. I cant wait for your cry-baby response to this.

alpine_aw11
12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dFBfhpm5w ....... lol man you crazy, well heres my response. i am saying vick>ryan right now because ryan has not even finished his first year in the league, its too early to tell. yeah he is good, but i cant say better than vick just off of half a season you know. there has been times when ryan has not looked so hot, and times when he looks awesome. and that link is for the haters talking about vick cant throw a good ball.

Vick had a cannon for an arm, I'm not denying that. But you could make a much longer video with the horrible decisions he frequently made. Some games he did more harm than good. Ryan already reads a defense better than Vick did, and you're right, he's not even done with his first year.

As of now, I'm saying Ryan has a slight edge. Vick was a play saver. Ryan can't really run. However, it doesn't really matter because AS A QB Ryan is a smarter player. Just give him a year or two, and you won't be saying the same things.

Spectic Tank
12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
and that link is for the haters talking about vick cant throw a good ball.

LOL, that video was 4 minutes long and showed every decent pass he's made in his whole career. What I saw most of was a QB who would stare down his recievers and then throw the ball up to single coverage and let his WO make plays. The wide recievers looked a whole lot better than Vick in most of those plays. Face it, he was one of the best athlete's the game has ever seen, but as far as a QB...he's not that great. Mike Vick amde the Falcons exciting, but Matt Ryan is making the Falcons relevant in the football world.

Greddypacked
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
LOL, i was to a Vick fan, i just know Ryan plays smarter and as a team. Vick is good, and played as a highlight reel. If you watch alot of the old games w/ vick as qb. watch how he holds the ball when he scrambles and how many fumbles occured because of it. Vick is a good qb., but to get to the SuperBowl you need a smarter, good passer, alright runner to get there. Let the runnigbacks take the runs and hits. BTW Vick was to easy to read on his plays. Lets put it down like this a good defense will read Vick and know when hes running, or passing. Most of the time Vick would scramble for yards so the defense would work against that, and that wouldnt be hard Equation: (1 quarter back "vick"+ a few blockers, against a full pressed def.). Imo thats not a hard offense to cover. Alright Ryans situation, he can run alright, pass A+, and has a smart game plan Equation-(alright so w/ Ryan you could have him run, or have +4 recievers to pass to, and a back to lob it, hand off or pass to, which offense is harder to d. up against).

KDM>JDM
12-11-2008, 01:57 PM
that vid showed some decent passes but look how good the recievers made him look when he would jut lob it out there an hope his team caught it; or when he would throw it almost out of bounds an the reciever would have to get both feet down befor he went out....

VIP Style
12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
lol just admit it, he was good. well in that case, what about the passes that his receivers dropped.

Spectic Tank
12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
lol just admit it, he was good. well in that case, what about the passes that his receivers dropped.

Nobody said he wasn't good. You don't make it to the NFL as a scrub. What most people said is that he's a better athlete than he was a QB. And that he can't hold Ryan's jock when it comes to leading an offense.

Every reciever drops balls...it happens. You think Tom Brady's or Peyton Manning's receivers never dropped a ball?! That's NO excuse for not being an efficient passer...sorry.

OUTLAW
12-11-2008, 05:14 PM
but some of you are already wanting to put ryan n the same breath as farve manning montana young marino brady moon fuckin legeneds this bitch aint prove shit so far noting. o n by the way farve sucked ass his first year hence why he was tradin by the falcons. i am a falcon fan first i have love the falcons when deion was playing jesse tuggle tim dwight chris chandler jamal anderson i just didnt jump an there ban wagon when Vick came. and for those of you keep sayin dumb shit look ooo look Ryan started his first season who really gives a flying fuck. the reason why vick didnt start was chris was still our qb same reason why the qb for green bay had to wait his turn the only reason this bitch is the starter is he bascially had no one to challenge him for the qb spot chris redman u really think he gave he a hard time lol i swear some of u just started watching football. u dont know people like sweetness the fridge purple people eaters steel curtain black hole barry sanders jet i bet alot of you dont even know who the jet was. fuckin newbs

OneSlow5pt0
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
hey ryan is gonna win rookie of year,and be tlaked bout in the MVP talk............not bad for a crappy QB

alpine_aw11
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
but some of you are already wanting to put ryan n the same breath as farve manning montana young marino brady moon fuckin legeneds this bitch aint prove shit so far noting. o n by the way farve sucked ass his first year hence why he was tradin by the falcons. i am a falcon fan first i have love the falcons when deion was playing jesse tuggle tim dwight chris chandler jamal anderson i just didnt jump an there ban wagon when Vick came. and for those of you keep sayin dumb shit look ooo look Ryan started his first season who really gives a flying fuck. the reason why vick didnt start was chris was still our qb same reason why the qb for green bay had to wait his turn the only reason this bitch is the starter is he bascially had no one to challenge him for the qb spot chris redman u really think he gave he a hard time lol i swear some of u just started watching football. u dont know people like sweetness the fridge purple people eaters steel curtain black hole barry sanders jet i bet alot of you dont even know who the jet was. fuckin newbs

You just went from angry to retarded. None of us are saying Ryan is the best QB in the NFL. Get your head out of your ass, seriously. I'm sorry you're butt hurt that Ryan is better at leading an offense.

VIP Style
12-12-2008, 12:44 AM
lol all this drama! but anyway this is only ryans first year. you cannot say he is better at running the offense just yet until he leads us past the regular season and then some. but outlaw is right, both vick and ryan were drafted by the falcons under different circumstances. so the fact that ryan is starting as a rookie is irrelavant really. and if vick really could not hold his own at QB, i dont think he would have been drafted as a QB, just look at matt jones situation, he was originally a QB in college.
You just went from angry to retarded. None of us are saying Ryan is the best QB in the NFL. Get your head out of your ass, seriously. I'm sorry you're butt hurt that Ryan is better at leading an offense.

Spectic Tank
12-12-2008, 09:11 AM

You know nothing about football and no matter how many hall-of-famer's you list, it won't cover it up. Vick didn't start his first year because he didn't know how to run the offense...that offense being any one that requires the QB to actually stay in the pocket. The QB in Green Bay(Aaron Rodgers) was on the bench behing Brett Favre, Vick was on the bench behing Chris chandler...BIG difference.

Ryan isn't just starting his rookie year, he's having a better rookie season than any other rookie QB, such as Peyton Manning and Ben Rothlisberger. He's also playing better than a lot of the veteran's in the league, so he could beat out more than just Redman for a starting job.

Spectic Tank
12-12-2008, 09:21 AM
lol all this drama! but anyway this is only ryans first year. you cannot say he is better at running the offense just yet until he leads us past the regular season and then some. but outlaw is right, both vick and ryan were drafted by the falcons under different circumstances. so the fact that ryan is starting as a rookie is irrelavant really. and if vick really could not hold his own at QB, i dont think he would have been drafted as a QB, just look at matt jones situation, he was originally a QB in college.

You are right, they were drafted under different circumstances. Vick came to a team 3-years removed from a Super Bowl and still had NO early success running the offense. Matt Ryan was drafted by a team that had just cleaned house and had one of the worst years in the franchise thanks to Mike Vike and Bobby Petrino. But, Ryan was able to lead the falcons to a winning record his first year and possibly the playoffs without the same star power Vick had. Not to mention he's pretty much a lock for ROY.

alpine_aw11
12-12-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm not trying to start drama, that guy is just acting like a hormonal 14 year old girl.

And yes, I can say he is better at running the offense. And the fact that it's Ryan's first year does make a huge difference. Redman didn't do a bad job last year considering the circumstances, for Ryan to actually get the start says something whether you like it or not.

VIP Style
12-13-2008, 01:05 AM
lol....yeah ryan is a good QB, but i really dont like how people like commentators and fans are putting him so high on a pedestal because if he falls, its gonna hurt. the higher up he is placed, the harder the fall. just let the kid make it through his first season at least, you get what im saying?
I'm not trying to start drama, that guy is just acting like a hormonal 14 year old girl.

And yes, I can say he is better at running the offense. And the fact that it's Ryan's first year does make a huge difference. Redman didn't do a bad job last year considering the circumstances, for Ryan to actually get the start says something whether you like it or not.

alpine_aw11
12-14-2008, 01:17 PM
lol....yeah ryan is a good QB, but i really dont like how people like commentators and fans are putting him so high on a pedestal because if he falls, its gonna hurt. the higher up he is placed, the harder the fall. just let the kid make it through his first season at least, you get what im saying?

Ryan still isn't all that great. My favorite part about him is that he's just a smart qb and has the potential to replace Vick as our franchise player. He's got a lot of time left in the NFL and from what I have seen he only stands to get better.

VIP Style
12-14-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah i know, and man wtf is going on with the tampa game, ryan throws 2 picks and bryant is lighting the defense up.
Ryan still isn't all that great. My favorite part about him is that he's just a smart qb and has the potential to replace Vick as our franchise player. He's got a lot of time left in the NFL and from what I have seen he only stands to get better.

KDM>JDM
12-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Im glad the falcons beat Tampa but damn they didnt deserve to win...they played like shit