PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

AlanŽ
12-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Yes I kno wrong section but I need an answer fast. If you download a torrent and it says hdtv will it still play on your computer?if you dont have an hd monitor?

Thanks In Advance guys

quickdodgeŽ
12-07-2008, 02:46 AM
If you have an extra few hundred dollars that you could spare for another monitor, I'd suggest you go for it. What's going to happen is that your existing monitor will burn up due to running at higher temps due to running at higher frequencies due, again, to running a higher resolution than what your monitor is programmed to run on. A standard definition monitor is set, OEM, to run at 72Hz for a 800x600 display. An HD monitor will require 136Hz. If you run a high resolution video, 136Hz, through a standard resolution monitor, it'll fry the innards faster than a homeless man taking a dollar out of your hands and running down the street to buy a half pint of JD, drinking it and getting back out to the street to beg for his next dollar. What you can do, if you are up to it, is to open the monitor and locate the discombobulator bubulator and on that, you'll find a switch that says, "FLIP THIS SWITCH TO WATCH ALL YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES AND VIDEOS IN A REALLY COOL HIGHER DEFINITION THAN WHAT YOU ARE USED TO TO GET MOVIE AND VIDEO SATISFACTION." That will allow HD versions of Hawaii Five-O and Golden Girls to come through without burning your CRT. Some Dawson's Creek episodes will play ok, but that is strictly trial and error. Hope this helps. Later, QD.

AlanŽ
12-07-2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks QD I'll take that into consideration.

Nismo
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks QD I'll take that into consideration.

lol you just indirectly owned by him. Your monitor will play it fine. its been in high definition this whole time peaches.

osnap
12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
what a nub. yeah itll play fine. carry on.

Elbow
12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Answer is 43

redrumracer
12-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Answer is 43
richard petty huh, yep thats the answer

Vteckidd
12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
yes it will play, a standard VGA cable can do 720P

I have a standard video card (whatever came with my tower) and i use a VGA cable to go to my LCD TV an i watch 720P an 1080P all the time